Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Source? I doubt it and I'm sure maybe one may be digital only....I'm sure they have a decent chance of getting physical releases.
Well, Soul Sacrifice confirmed as digital only via PS blog interview... If that's digital then I'm guessing the other two will be too...

I can't find the Tales of Hearts page on GS.com anymore, and the link no longer works. Hopefully this is just a case of GS waiting for Bandai-Namco to formally announce it first and not a listing made in error. :pray:

I'm pretty bummed at Soul Sacrifice being digital. The game has such a cool style that I was actually hoping for a CE of some sort. That's sure as hell not happening, then!

I only own 4 physical games on vita. It's just so much more convenient to download them
I've downloaded a lot of PS1 and PSP games, but I'm a sucker for a hard copy. You are 100% correct though, it's so much more convenient to download the games. Can always delete, then reinstall whenever you like.

I'm more of a Physical Release type of Person, which totally has its downsides I admit. But I like to see and hold my things. :/

Yeah, I'm totally aware of that. My comment was more directed at marineal's statement that Freedom Wars and Over My Dead Body 2 will be digital instead of physical, like with SSD's case.

I've downloaded a lot of PS1 and PSP games, but I'm a sucker for a hard copy. You are 100% correct though, it's so much more convenient to download the games. Can always delete, then reinstall whenever you like.
I find physical more convenient.... don't have to worry about micromanaging a memory card that can take forever to delete or download games on and is freaken expensive per GB. Swapping out a game in 10 seconds when I change my mind on what to play is a lot faster that having to delete something (like 1-2 min) and then download the next game (10 min or so)... and of note I have a 32gb card... no way in hell I am paying for a 64 :/

I'm more of a Physical Release type of Person, which totally has its downsides I admit. But I like to see and hold my things. :/

Yeah, I'm totally aware of that. My comment was more directed at marineal's statement that Freedom Wars and Over My Dead Body 2 will be digital instead of physical, like with SSD's case.
I'm a total physical person... I will get things digitally at times but in general if I have a choice I go physically. and it is quite likely freedom wars and over my dead body 2 will be digital instead of physical... dead body likely is going to be digital only period, but freedom has a chance to be physical if sony thinks they can push it as the big fall game. I imagine something like a minecraft vita bundle for the fall is more likely though.

Since my wife also wants a Vita, and we like a lot of the same games it's MUCH more cost efficient for me to buy physical.  Me handing her my physical copy of the game > having to buy a second digital copy.  

Since my wife also wants a Vita, and we like a lot of the same games it's MUCH more cost efficient for me to buy physical. Me handing her my physical copy of the game > having to buy a second digital copy.
waits to see the news at 10...

Man beats wife for deleting their video game save :)

All I can say is. Have hope.

If it comes to it being digital, I'll just have to suck it up, unless EU gets a physical release. Even then, that is unlikely. 

I find physical more convenient.... don't have to worry about micromanaging a memory card that can take forever to delete or download games on and is freaken expensive per GB. Swapping out a game in 10 seconds when I change my mind on what to play is a lot faster that having to delete something (like 1-2 min) and then download the next game (10 min or so)... and of note I have a 32gb card... no way in hell I am paying for a 64 :/

I'm a total physical person... I will get things digitally at times but in general if I have a choice I go physically. and it is quite likely freedom wars and over my dead body 2 will be digital instead of physical... dead body likely is going to be digital only period, but freedom has a chance to be physical if sony thinks they can push it as the big fall game. I imagine something like a minecraft vita bundle for the fall is more likely though.
I think it all comes down to preference. I buy new games, and download older games. There's a certain appeal to seeing your collection grow on the shelf. It's like a modern day library of classics. Seeing the different colors on the binders. It's almost historic in a sense. Years of gaming all lined up among one another.

i actually had a question about this. I noticed that if you delete a game off the memory card it says it deletes EVERYTHING, including the saves! i had planned on using ps+ games instead of opening my physical copies of games, but not if i lose my saves when i do so. Doesn't it keep the saves seperatly, or is there a way to keep the saves if you delete the game?

i actually had a question about this. I noticed that if you delete a game off the memory card it says it deletes EVERYTHING, including the saves! i had planned on using ps+ games instead of opening my physical copies of games, but not if i lose my saves when i do so. Doesn't it keep the saves seperatly, or is there a way to keep the saves if you delete the game?
If you have PS+ you can have it save them on PSN automatically. Alternatively you can back saves up to a PS3 or PC via the CMA program.

Well I found out why my Conception II shipped from an Amazon facility from a hour away. Although because they decided to use UPS Surepost my fuck ing copy will be here hopefully tomorrow instead of today. That is unless the UPS driver realizes that it would be stupid to send it to the post office. (hasn't left the UPS place yet)

I did have a package once be delivered early because the UPS facility realized that there is no point sending to the post office. Hoping today is one of them. Otherwise I am going to start using Gamestop for everything soon.

Didn't a recent system update add a data manager that allows you to delete only installed game data, retaining the save data?

Didn't a recent system update add a data manager that allows you to delete only installed game data, retaining the save data?
That's a cool change if it happened. I can't find anything about it, though. Blog posts on the 3.10 update indicate it was still an issue at that time.

But at least we finally have a calendar, thank god.

Well I found out why my Conception II shipped from an Amazon facility from a hour away. Although because they decided to use UPS Surepost my fuck ing copy will be here hopefully tomorrow instead of today. That is unless the UPS driver realizes that it would be stupid to send it to the post office. (hasn't left the UPS place yet)

I did have a package once be delivered early because the UPS facility realized that there is no point sending to the post office. Hoping today is one of them. Otherwise I am going to start using Gamestop for everything soon.
I'm getting mine tomorrow. :/

...Huh. I feel this justifies my "cancellation" of the 2-CE order from SE's store even more.
I'm still staying for the Novella. It says complete novella, but doesn't really thoroughly explain what it includes. Id expect similar stories as the 10th anniversary edition and just without the extra D1, D2, and Nier stories/artwork. The Drakengard 3 CE is just a short stick of the 10th anniversary edition which included same poster and like 5 novellas

@Zaku I don't think it was originally planned for a western release? I'm just glad either way it got localized lol

Why didn't they just give it a wider release at first and market it a little bit. Due to how long it took them to make it more widely available, it's still likely to sell very poorly. Then they can say that they tried, but it just didn't work--even though they sent it out to die.

I'm still staying for the Novella. It says complete novella, but doesn't really thoroughly explain what it includes. Id expect similar stories as the 10th anniversary edition and just without the extra D1, D2, and Nier stories/artwork. The Drakengard 3 CE is just a short stick of the 10th anniversary edition which included same poster and like 5 novellas

@Zaku I don't think it was originally planned for a western release? I'm just glad either way it got localized lol
If it was anyone other than Digital River running SE's online store, I'd still be in for the CE, but I just can't support their lackluster attempts at customer satisfaction.

Hey guys, had a question about  Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk. Picked it up from a 3rd party seller on Amazon a few weeks back (Most Wanted) Ive had bad experiences with 3rd party sellers a lot in the past but they were rated well. It had an odd rattle sound so i decided to open it up and take a look. Turns out the manual was just askew. But now that its open i was thinking i may play it. Thing is i havent played any of  them in the series. I own pretty much all of them but havent played any. Unless these are part of the older Atelier Iris series.. are they? I played a few of those on the PS2. Also, i hear one of them is kinda annoying and has a game timer constantly running that will give you a bad ending if you dont adhere to it. Is that this game?

Anyway, just wondering if they were related to those at all, and if not, i was wondering if you need to play them in order or anything. Should i play some of the earlier ones first? Or are the stories independent, like FF titles? By the way seems odd that amazon still keeps this at $50 while all the 3rd party sellers are constantly at about $30

Hey guys, had a question about Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk. Picked it up from a 3rd party seller on Amazon a few weeks back (Most Wanted) Ive had bad experiences with 3rd party sellers a lot in the past but they were rated well. It had an odd rattle sound so i decided to open it up and take a look. Turns out the manual was just askew. But now that its open i was thinking i may play it. Thing is i havent played any of them in the series. I own pretty much all of them but havent played any. Unless these are part of the older Atelier Iris series.. are they? I played a few of those on the PS2. Also, i hear one of them is kinda annoying and has a game timer constantly running that will give you a bad ending if you dont adhere to it. Is that this game?

Anyway, just wondering if they were related to those at all, and if not, i was wondering if you need to play them in order or anything. Should i play some of the earlier ones first? Or are the stories independent, like FF titles? By the way seems odd that amazon still keeps this at $50 while all the 3rd party sellers are constantly at about $30
Atelier Ayesha is the first of a new trilogy, technically, with the recently-released Atelier Escha & Logy designated the second. It isn't directly related to the PS2 games in any significant way other than how they all involve alchemy, and I don't think you're required to play the other PS3 games (Rorona, Totori, and Meruru) to understand the plot, either.

I'm stuck with with the Standard Drakengard 3 from S-E. I hope I can sell off the pre-order bonuses cause really other than the VO, they don't interest me. I will be getting Conception 2 today so I not what I will be playing tonight!

My Conception's showed up today. I ordered both hoping I'd get bumped up to boxed shipping, but Amazon tossed them in a bubble mailer anyways. The 3DS one looks like it took most of the beating, the Vita one is close to acceptable. I guess I'm going out to the mall tomorrow and seeing what I can find, so I can send back the crap.

My Conception's showed up today. I ordered both hoping I'd get bumped up to boxed shipping, but Amazon tossed them in a bubble mailer anyways. The 3DS one looks like it took most of the beating, the Vita one is close to acceptable. I guess I'm going out to the mall tomorrow and seeing what I can find, so I can send back the crap.
I tried to pick up both the Vita and 3DS version that I had preordered at Gamestop tonight and of the 4 Vita and 2 3DS copies they received, all of them were crushed and badly creased. Needless to say, I decided not to buy my copies. Very disappointed in Atlus for providing a very crappy outer box and Gamestop for shipping fragile goods with other items that damaged them.

ouch...

I ordered mine from Best Buy.

Hopefully, it will arrive in good shape later this week.

I tried to pick up both the Vita and 3DS version that I had preordered at Gamestop tonight and of the 4 Vita and 2 3DS copies they received, all of them were crushed and badly creased. Needless to say, I decided not to buy my copies. Very disappointed in Atlus for providing a very crappy outer box and Gamestop for shipping fragile goods with other items that damaged them.
I think you also have to factor in the quality of your local delivery people. Mine in NE Texas are well above average as I rarely get anything that isn't in perfect condition. Of course, I'm not trying to defend someone who sends your items in an unprotected envelope.

So sad... The LE of Hyperdimension Neptunia PP sold out before I could put in an order for it. I hesitated because I don't have a Vita yet and now I'm out of luck. :cry:

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP LE IS OUT OF STOCK! :(

Welp I'm pretty sad I didn't pre-order one eariler. Think last week it was around 25% left in stock. QQ
Not even gonna bother with  fuck ebay prices either lol

It's amazing how quickly that sold out when everyone was blasting its lack of contents for a LE.

Personally, I think the microfiber cloth and earbuds is a nice change of pace from a 4-10 track bonus cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back