Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested, they're streaming Mugan Souls Z as of 4PM (PST)

http://www.twitch.tv/nisamerica

While I'm not that great at Fighting Games, I do love the Genre and support it.

It is a shame Chaos Code did not get a disc release, but remember it does not have Online Play yet. Of course, I wouldn't mind a budget title release though. It is hard to track all of them down. You forgot to add in Koihime Muso and Under in Night Birth Exe Late.
Oh, I wasn't trying to list them all. But yea, I'm wanting to play both those games as well. I really wanna play'em all.

I really hope they fixed the framerate for this game. Usually I don't care about framerate but it was just so bad in Mugen Souls that I couldn't play it.
I was busy only saw the extreme end of it....wanted to see it to see how much more improved this one is from the first.

So I just got my Super Robot Wars Z3 Vita in today and I downloaded the Z1 game through my Japanese PSN account after going through all that hassle to change accounts for the first time and I was wondering am I ever going to be able to play this on my US account? Any chance this is workable? I didn't realize the Vita was going to be such a hassle to download content from other regions.

So I just got my Super Robot Wars Z3 Vita in today and I downloaded the Z1 game through my Japanese PSN account after going through all that hassle to change accounts for the first time and I was wondering am I ever going to be able to play this on my US account? Any chance this is workable? I didn't realize the Vita was going to be such a hassle to download content from other regions.
No without sony applying 2 accounts on 1 memory card

I know how you feel I went through the hassle for Project Diva F 2nd....I really wish I would have researched more....and to think they could have announced it before it freakin' came out in Japan instead of after and I wouldn't have had to import it....oh well I do like the game and the laundry bag that came with it....

Just a heads up that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle comes out next week in limited quantities so if you want it I would order it sooner than later especially from Amazon.

So I want to preorder Tales of Hearts R and I've never preordered a game with Gamestop before what's the best way Online or in store? I'd rather do it in store but I'm thinking there could be issues like store doesn't get enough copies to fill preorder or they try to sell me a gutted copy. Are these significant concerns or should I be fine?

Just a heads up that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle comes out next week in limited quantities so if you want it I would order it sooner than later especially from Amazon.
Almost forgot I had it ordered. Was gonna order from Namco Bandai but seems like they both get a DLC that will end up released later on the store regardless.

So I want to preorder Tales of Hearts R and I've never preordered a game with Gamestop before what's the best way Online or in store? I'd rather do it in store but I'm thinking there could be issues like store doesn't get enough copies to fill preorder or they try to sell me a gutted copy. Are these significant concerns or should I be fine?
It depends on the store, but usually if you preorder and pick it up in a timely manner, you won't get a gutted copy.

I know some Japanese games that get ported to China have English subtitles. Is there a site, or easy way to find these games that have these subtitles?

Was maybe looking to import some games that haven't come to North America but ofcourse I can't read Japanese and don't really want to use a guide so best bet would be to find some Chinese ones that have English subtitles.

I dont know if anyone posted this yet but Tales of Xillia 2 CE is up for pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-2-Collectors-PlayStation-3/dp/B00JXDJTRU/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1398428004&sr=1-5&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2+collectors+edition

$129.99

This also states a day one edition for EU 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-day-1-edition-ludger-kresnik-collectors-edition-detailed/

No word on if there is going to be a day one edition in the US though. That steel book case for the day one edition is nice ! 

I know how you feel I went through the hassle for Project Diva F 2nd....I really wish I would have researched more....and to think they could have announced it before it freakin' came out in Japan instead of after and I wouldn't have had to import it....oh well I do like the game and the laundry bag that came with it....
They probably did this to help pad the numbers for the lower than expected sold numbers in Japan. Solution? CALL IN THE AMERICANS!!! lol. I ended up importing it after the announcement though since I didnt want to wait a half year to get it (and i'll probably end up getting both the ps3 and vita US versions also).

I dont know if anyone posted this yet but Tales of Xillia 2 CE is up for pre-order on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Xillia-2-Collectors-PlayStation-3/dp/B00JXDJTRU/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1398428004&sr=1-5&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2+collectors+edition

$129.99

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-day-1-edition-ludger-kresnik-collectors-edition-detailed/

No word on if there is going to be a day one edition in the US though. That steel book case for the day one edition is nice !
Holycrapweneedthatdayoneedition :whee:

$129.99

Wow. I'm getting the vanilla version regardless, but I seriously hope that day 1 edition also make it to the US. Make it happen Namco Bandai!!!!

I would be nice if the le does come here.  I don't have much doubts that it wouldn't though.  Now to just wait til october and buy it for 35 then the next day have it drop to 20 :/  fuck  :wall:

at least I got free shipping  :-({|=

Almost forgot I had it ordered. Was gonna order from Namco Bandai but seems like they both get a DLC that will end up released later on the store regardless.
Where did you read that? I may hold off then and wait until Amazon does their random % drops (GS is not likely to put a super niche game like JJBA on sale).

As for ToX2, the limited/day one edition's metalcase (looks like a metal pak not steelbook) looks better. Not a fan of cases that I wouldn't be able to tell the game it's for. I'm not sure why the CE is $129.99 and not $99.99. Hell $119.99 would have "made more sense" as Darks Sousl II CE was $119.99 9 (and still not oos it seems).

Preordered mine from Namco a couple days ago. Had set a reminder in my calendar to order it after I got my last paycheck prior to release. Hoping that DR doesn't manage to screw up the order since it's just a basic release. I rarely stray from Amazon but I'll give it a shot.

Preordered mine from Namco a couple days ago. Had set a reminder in my calendar to order it after I got my last paycheck prior to release. Hoping that DR doesn't manage to screw up the order since it's just a basic release. I rarely stray from Amazon but I'll give it a shot.
I would stick with Amazon any day then DR. First time ordering from them they lost my FF X/X-2 CE and it was huge ordeal and they would not do anything about it for the longest time. I am just hoping that nothing happens with my Drakengard CE, if it does I will want to burn DR to the ground.

they changed the box art and it looks way worse now. Pretty disappointed as the Japanese box art looked way cooler

So now I'll be getting both UK editions, and none of the American ones. Why do they feel the need to screw us over like this? What could possibly be the benefit?

Sigh. Amazon.co.uk has the Xillia 2 editions available, says it ships to the US, but doesn't let you check out.

Edit: And game.co.uk charges VAT. You have to do work yourself to get it returned. I'll hope and wait for Zavvi, I guess.

Where did you read that? I may hold off then and wait until Amazon does their random % drops (GS is not likely to put a super niche game like JJBA on sale).
it's a Bamco/Amazon online exclusive only. they keep saying it's a very limited run but there are no numbers to say how much so.

I'm far more interested in the Day One Edition than the CE. :lol:
Same. I'm just going to ask my friend to send me one when its out. :) Still, I cringe at the ugliness of the metalpak hinges (both CE and Day 1). :???:

I can see it now. "Preorder Tales of Xilia 2 today and immediately get bumped to the Limited Edition". Comes with Steelbook and Sountrack. 

Metalpaks are cheap pieces of shit. I hate those things. That said, the Day One version looks really nice. Not sure I want to import it, though. Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

it's a Bamco/Amazon online exclusive only. they keep saying it's a very limited run but there are no numbers to say how much so.
Referring to dlc. I know the physcial game is limited print, but I'm willing to wait for NB to clear out stock or Amazon just give it a random drop

*overpriced CE removed from quote*

That day one LE looks sweet. I can deal with a metalpack, that cover is nice. Will probably import this if there is no US LE. The CE is too overpriced to even consider w/o a hefty discount.

I would like the Day 1 edition as well, but just getting it here is good though I wont touch that CE with a ten foot pole, a bit too rich for my blood. I haven't finished the first Xillia though and may just buy this one afterwards....Tales of Hearts R is a must buy right away though....no questions asked.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of steelbooks. I hate inconsistency in displaying my games. I'd have to have a steelbook for all my games, lol.

I'm probably gonna get the CE because I have no dignity. I'll watch it and see if it's looking like it'll sell out or not.

I would like the Day 1 edition as well, but just getting it here is good though I wont touch that CE with a ten foot pole, a bit too rich for my blood. I haven't finished the first Xillia though and may just buy this one afterwards....Tales of Hearts R is a must buy right away though....no questions asked.
That's exactly what I'm doing. *If* I want to play Xillia 2 (just like with Dark Souls once I'm done with Demon's Souls), it can always wait and I don't feel like I want to rush out and support it. (BTW, my backlog is not about 130...I can't count it's about 120).

Hearts R is a different story - it's a must buy right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back