Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Platinum in Time and Eternity. Took a total of less than ~25 hours to be honest. I started out following the story but at the end of the game you really just do not care. Also the English voice actors are really really bad, so glad they had dual audio with it. By the end of the game the battles were so easy that you are able to tape your joystick down to either 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position to get yourself into a battle and it will auto melee them to death. All you have to do is press X at the end of the battle and then continue. I think my second play through of the game took around ~4 hours to beat it on new game plus. If anything its a pretty easy Platinum to get.

Edit: I also have the Time and Eternity CE........
The gorgeous CE was the best part of the game. Ya know. the non-game parts. lol. I still love the art direction of the game and it's main vocal theme. That's about the best I can say about it.

Just to say Mugen Souls Z LE sold out NISA web store. Kind of good since I kept getting tempted, but please people once the game comes out can you give an opinion on the game....likely will wait for a price drop on the standard edition, esp with the mass amount of Niche games coming this year.

I may skip out on Disgaea 4 Vita as well depending on the releases around that time....love that the niche games are coming out in the masses, but it's a lot to buy them all haha. 

I got the Platinum in Time and Eternity. Took a total of less than ~25 hours to be honest. I started out following the story but at the end of the game you really just do not care. Also the English voice actors are really really bad, so glad they had dual audio with it. By the end of the game the battles were so easy that you are able to tape your joystick down to either 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position to get yourself into a battle and it will auto melee them to death. All you have to do is press X at the end of the battle and then continue. I think my second play through of the game took around ~4 hours to beat it on new game plus. If anything its a pretty easy Platinum to get.

Edit: I also have the Time and Eternity CE........
Yeah, I'm all talk. If I saw it for $10 somewhere I'd probably snag it. I think it would be more playable for me not having to listen to the English voice acting.

Don't worry Vigilante, soon in good time, other than that, you can look up gameplay of previous titles of AH to see how it is.

And yeah, waiting on that press release, lol. Gotta wait on Aksys to put up something, lol.

here is the description for the game, you decide

OK...I have absolutely no idea what this game is, other than it being a fighting game of some kind. Is it any good?
  • Voluminous Story Content! - Follow the 23 angels through a massive amount of hidden scenarios (over 300!) that depict the (mostly) pleasant daily lives of our delightful heroines.
  • Excruciatingly Cute, Craftily Created Characters! - Our fighters (23 total!) come in a wide range of battling builds, each with unique techniques to dole out the punishment

AND GAMEPLAY VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-W-hzSw_i4

here is the description for the game, you decide

• Voluminous Story Content! - Follow the 23 angels through a massive amount of hidden scenarios (over 300!) that depict the (mostly) pleasant daily lives of our delightful heroines.
  • Excruciatingly Cute, Craftily Created Characters! - Our fighters (23 total!) come in a wide range of battling builds, each with unique techniques to dole out the punishment
I read the description before asking what it was. :lol:

Are the "hidden scenarios" like Blazblue in that you win/lose certain battles to unlock different plotlines?

I read the description before asking what it was. :lol:

Are the "hidden scenarios" like Blazblue in that you win/lose certain battles to unlock different plotlines?
i also posted a gameplay video for the game. it looks lalot like marvel vs capcom, except with all cute anime girl/angel characters.

OK...I have absolutely no idea what this game is, other than it being a fighting game of some kind. Is it any good?
Yeah it's pretty good. This snippet from the amazon listing shows its depth

Characters can also be combined with 23 various arcana (celestial beings) who alter stats and abilities add to a character's abilities, giving players more freedom in how their favorites fight (a total of 529 different combinations.

So each character has her base moveset and a few special moves based on the arcana chosen. So Heart, the title character's default arcana is Partinias the love arcana. With Partinias your character could throw heart based projectiles. Some of the arcana types include lightning, water, earth, sin , punishment, darkness.

My experience with the original was fun up until I started to play online and found out people could do half bar combos.

It really, really does. $39.99 for two years of that is hands-down the best deal I've ever gotten during my time at CAG. :bow:
wasn't it $30 for renewal ? some people actually got any extra year tack up to their renewal coupon for 2 years, because BestBuy messed up. lucky

wasn't it $30 for renewal ? some people actually got any extra year tack up to their renewal coupon for 2 years, because BestBuy messed up. lucky
Maybe? My account still lists my expiration year as 2015 when it should be 2016 (I had renewed through 2014 before receiving and redeeming the 2-year coupon, so 2014+2 = 2016), but who knows when that will be fixed? :bomb:

I had a fair amount of fun with Arcana Heart 3. The music is great. The CE was also really nice lol. The final boss was balls, though; I hate fighting game bosses like that.

I had a fair amount of fun with Arcana Heart 3. The music is great. The CE was also really nice lol. The final boss was balls, though; I hate fighting game bosses like that.
Right the end boss where you have to totally change your strategy and resort to cheap tricks. (Ex. Playing keep away with Shao Khan in MK9)

Maybe? My account still lists my expiration year as 2015 when it should be 2016 (I had renewed through 2014 before receiving and redeeming the 2-year coupon, so 2014+2 = 2016), but who knows when that will be fixed? :bomb:
My account is the same right now. I tried emailing the mods on their site and still nothing. I'm hoping it eventually gets fixed.

I didn't see it mentioned yet but Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is currently $24.99 on PSN. It isn't part of the Golden Week sale so I don't know if that is a temporary sale or a price drop. I've been waiting for it to come down in price so I just bought it.

What is the cheapest safest import for the 64gb vita memory card?  I am going to need one after this week.  Thanks in advance!

If that terrifies you, then you need to stay far far away from Love Plus. The hosts of 8-4 Play podcast talk about it sometimes, and stuff like this happens:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6651021/Japanese-gamer-marries-Nintendo-DS-character.html
The only "Idol Game" I'm planning on buying is that new Hyperdimension Neptunia game, and really only because I already own games in the series and hate not to own complete series.

But yea, that's straight up weird. Dating sims are creepy to me, too... but then again, my definition of "dating sim" is a little blurry. I love the first Agarest War game and it advertised "dating sim elements"... but it seemed more like standard RPG fanfare to me. I never felt like the game was trying to have me pursue the females, more like I just interacted with them in varied scenarios.

From reading stuff on neogaf, it seems SAO: hallow fragment was just an updated version of infinity moment, and all of this was already included, and should have been known... AKA it's just fancy word play making it sound like we are getting more.
Yep. Read the comments on CR. :lol: My bad guyssss.

If that terrifies you, then you need to stay far far away from Love Plus. The hosts of 8-4 Play podcast talk about it sometimes, and stuff like this happens:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6651021/Japanese-gamer-marries-Nintendo-DS-character.html
a41.png

i'm shocked that it's getting a retail release in NA. Now to decide if i pick it up day one due to expectations that it will be a low print physical rush, or wait for it to go cheaper as I really don't give a crap if any other remakes from the series get physical copies as I have no plans to buy them for more than $5.

The funniest part about this is that they misspelled Xillia as "Xilla." If they ever put that CE for Xillia 2 on Best Buy I may end up biting since the GCU will soften the blow of $130. No Day One edition would push me over the edge, but I'm secretly hoping there is one so I'm not so tempted by the CE.

Day 1 retail for me. I'm finding it harder to sit down at my PS3 to play RPGs these days, but I can play them on Vita all day. I have the entire series for PS3 but damned if I ever get around to playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back