Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No f-in way. Valkyria Trilogy. I'll have to buy this when I get a PS4, if it turns out to be true. Looks like 1 will get a separate release while 2&3 will be a Collection

Details:

-Releasing this summer. 2/3 in fall.
-1 has visual upgrade
-2 and 3's visual is based on 1's visual style
-includes every DLC
- lots of balance adjustment
Oh snap.

EDIT*

Aw... :whistle2:(

I would buy a PS4 and/or a Vita for a Valkyrie Chronicles Trilogy.  Just give me VC3 digitally for PSP/Vita with English subtitles already.  As I watch my hopes come crashing down.

that's a shame about VC, would been a really good PR move an could set thing up for a new VC type game after that, am sure it would have sold really well. o well, now to keep dreaming for a dragon force remake on either ps4,ps3 or vita :cry:

Breaks my heart to hear that. </3 A part of me knew it was fake, but I didn't want to believe. Damn that person who lied.

In other news, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are going to get official remakes. Omega Red and Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS. Going to come out this November.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/07/pokmon-omega-ruby-pokmon-alpha-sapphire-announced-3ds/
Isn't every Pokemon a remake of the last one?

giphy.gif

Sorry, someone had to. ;) :p

I hear that Drakengard 3's gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, but is the music good? You can buy the 33-track soundtrack off SE's site for $39.99 (not sure if this was posted): http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.297657300/categoryId.67746500/parentCategoryID.#.U2pUbyhWSxy
So far I've only heard a couple dislike it because "boss music sounds like dubstep" when really it's distorded. I personally liked it and reminds me a bit of Nier, but with a more upbeat twist. Most people ive seen enjoyed it too. Same composer from Nier so if you liked his work you might like Drakengard 3s OST.

Since we never got an official translation and localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3 except from the Fan Translation Group, I am sincerely hoping that this will actually be localized over here. I think it helps a lot that this will actually be on Sony's PlayStation 4, which seems like it is well on its way to a healthy install base for this coming console generation.

The thing that really hurt as far as us never getting a localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3 was the fact that in the United States, PSP software sales were so dismal that few companies actually wanted to make the localization effort. Contrast this to the Japanese market, which has been portable / mobile heavy for gaming for a very long time and you have great gems that somehow never make it over here.
that and 2 was just a step down from the first on top of it all.

also I thought this was only a rumor? hope its true cause I would love an adjusted version of 2 where the maps aren't separate.

as for pokemon already said my piece on it in the awd thread. I'd kill for them to make more pokemon games like the gc duo. those were my faves.

It's not a rumor. It was completely false altogether. I don't see how anyone could have believed even a sliver of that - it's not really Sega's MO. When have they released a trilogy of anything let alone a moribund franchise?

Battle Princess of Arcadias
finally has a release date, June 17th in the US.  and Europe will see it on June 18th( take that europe).

Don't recall seeing this announcement in this thread, so I'll just put this link here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/06/tactical-rpg-eiyuu-senki-heads-to-the-west

A new tactical RPG - Eiyuu Senki - for the PS3 heading to NA and Europe.
Reminds me a little of sengoku rance and shin koihime musou. :bouncy: ( nsfw hentai games )
I'll grab it when it comes out thanks for posting this. Didn't know this game existed lol

Awesome I'll be grabbing that Pokemon ruby remake

Not sure on Battle Princess of Arcadia. I was kinda disappointed when it was announced. I was hoping it would be like grand knights history or soul nomad but its not. :(

No. No. No. No more of these JRPGs that never go under $20 and eat up 3GB apiece on my Vita memory card. I'm playing Ys and Sorcery Saga right now and that's it for the year.

I started with Totori and have also played Meruru. I'll be glad to finally finish the Arland trilogy; and I'm now very happy that I waited on Rorona.

YES. Whenever the 3DS eShop title was discussed, I saw this one touted as better in every way, so I'm definitely in for a retail copy. Am I delusional for hoping Best Buy will carry some of them?

Digital, with limited run of retail copies containing soundtrack CD and profile chart. Count me in for one.
Ditto. :bouncy:

Yes!!!!!!! I will buy the physical copy easily even if it's from their web store or such. Been waiting for Atelier Rorona Plus as well, and with a physical copy I'll likely see how much I can get for the old version before the price plummets. Great, great announcements. This is a great year for us niche game lovers. There is actually too much to choose from (I decided to pass on Mind=Zero to save money for the June releases of One Piece Vita game and now Rorona Plus). but choice is always a good thing. I like to be able to pass on things because there is a lot of choice compared to just getting whatever is fed to us because so little comes out. The future of niche localizations is beautiful and only seems to be getting better.

YES. Whenever the 3DS eShop title was discussed, I saw this one touted as better in every way, so I'm definitely in for a retail copy. Am I delusional for hoping Best Buy will carry some of them?

Ditto. :bouncy:
who knows? i won't bet on bestbuy tho. if it is limited gamestop, is your best bet.

touted as better in every way because of the groping features? lol

Yes!!!!!!! I will buy the physical copy easily even if it's from their web store or such. Been waiting for Atelier Rorona Plus as well, and with a physical copy I'll likely see how much I can get for the old version before the price plummets. Great, great announcements. This is a great year for us niche game lovers. There is actually too much to choose from (I decided to pass on Mind=Zero to save money for the June releases of One Piece Vita game and now Rorona Plus). but choice is always a good thing. I like to be able to pass on things because there is a lot of choice compared to just getting whatever is fed to us because so little comes out. The future of niche gaming is beautiful and only seems to be getting better.
i mean you can always pick some of those game up at a discount in the future, if you want to check them out.

i mean you can always pick some of those game up at a discount in the future, if you want to check them out.
True and I will. Mind=Zero, Mugen Souls Z, New Atelier Game, Tales of Xillia 2....all on my wishlist and if they go cheap enough will get them all. I usually try to only pick up games of series I really like right away (such as Persona/SMT anything) or games I'll like to play now. I wish I made enough money to pick up everything and support every niche game, but I have neither the time or money for all of them right now.

True and I will. Mind=Zero, Mugen Souls Z, New Atelier Game, Tales of Xillia 2....all on my wishlist and if they go cheap enough will get them all. I usually try to only pick up games of series I really like right away (such as Persona/SMT anything) or games I'll like to play now. I wish I made enough money to pick up everything and support every niche game, but I have neither the time or money for all of them right now.
or you could always turn to the dark side, and start f-l-i-p-p-i-n-g. sincesome/ certain JRPG tend to maintain their price , or go oop

who knows? i won't bet on bestbuy tho. if it is limited gamestop, is your best bet.

touted as better in every way because of the groping features? lol
If it's GS-exclusive, I'm still in for one.

I don't know why it was lauded, but for all I know, that's one reason. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back