Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the reason I don't want to go into a Gamestop to preorder Shinovi Versus is because I have no interest in experiencing the following:

"Hi I'd like to preorder a Vita Game. Senran Kagura Shinovi Ver ... Senran ... S.E.N.R ... S ..."
Pssh, just spell out the first word slowly. No other game has the word "Senran" in it, so unless you get a dunce for an employee, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Sorry for the double-post, but I felt this warranted bumping the thread again:

You know that Drakengard 3 CE preorder I'm going to let die off since I placed the order with a now-defunct credit card and I don't want to bother dealing with Digital River to change it? I just got an email with the codes for the Wave 1 preorders (Japanese VO + 2 bonus items), and the game doesn't even release for another week.

Oh, Digital River... :roll:

You know that Drakengard 3 CE preorder I'm going to let die off since I placed the order with a now-defunct credit card and I don't want to bother dealing with Digital River to change it? I just got an email with the codes for the Wave 1 preorders (Japanese VO + 2 bonus items), and the game doesn't even release for another week.

Digital River dont play. Now they are gonna come to your house and break your knee caps

I was in a similar issue and was able to update my credit card info on the site. I got the DLC too but I'm guessing I'm SoL on the CE itself.

you probably will get the Ce for free deliver to your home/house a month after the release date of the game.

Missed out on the draken collector's edition :( anyone have extra copies or know of a place that has stock still? Resellers on ebay going insane with their prices...

Missed out on the draken collector's edition :( anyone have extra copies or know of a place that has stock still? Resellers on ebay going insane with their prices...
I'd try waiting till after the game is actually released. Once the hype dies down a bit and people see what they're actually getting, demand may drop.

Welp, now I have even less reason to keep my pre-order.

Thanks, Digital River!

I got 2 dlc codes...I guess that is all 3 waves on 2 codes?
I doubt it since the subject line says "Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items" and I also got two codes. My guess is one code is for the Japanese VO and the other is for the two bonus items.

I doubt it since the subject line says "Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items" and I also got two codes. My guess is one code is for the Japanese VO and the other is for the two bonus items.
ehhh, yeah. I need to slow down and read sometimes. So one code is for each copy of the game we ordered? (I know you and I both ordered 2).

That's strange. I only received one code in my e-mail.

Mine read like this:

Thank you for your purchase from Square-Enix, Inc.. Your key code is now available for Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items.

Digital Rights:
And then the code, followed by generic order and contact information. Were your e-mails in the same format?

EDIT:
I only ordered one CE, and no SEs, for reference.

ehhh, yeah. I need to slow down and read sometimes. So one code is for each copy of the game we ordered? (I know you and I both ordered 2).
You might be right, now that you mention it, plus this:

That's strange. I only received one code in my e-mail.

Mine read like this:

And then the code, followed by generic order and contact information. Were your e-mails in the same format?

EDIT:
I only ordered one CE, and no SEs, for reference.
I ordered two CEs and got two codes, so that might be why you only got one. And yes, my email was in the same format.

So they're not even going to translate the logo, relying completely on fans of the series and word of mouth? :roll:

Come on, Best Buy...

Why are you SoL if you were able to update your CC info?
Because in the dozen or so orders I've placed with the various Digital River shops, I've had more trouble with them than with all other online retailers combined.

Because Square Enix's online store, which is run by Digital River, sucks.

Because every time I call Digital River, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Because every time I log into their website, I get a message saying my account is being locked due to suspicious activity.

Because when I did update my billing info, they didn't bother to verify my new credit card or even give me any type of confirmation.

... And because they send out DLC to games they haven't been released yet.

Because in the dozen or so orders I've placed with the various Digital River shops, I've had more trouble with them than with all other online retailers combined.

Because every time I call Digital River, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Because every time I log into their website, I get a message saying my account is being locked due to suspicious activity.

Because when I did update my billing info, they didn't bother to verify my new credit card or even give me any type of confirmation.

:grouphug:

So they're not even going to translate the logo, relying completely on fans of the series and word of mouth? :roll:

Come on, Best Buy...
Well, to me, its a situation where it should have said "Box Art/Image not Final", lol. Besides, they have the English name/logo over at the IFI site, so yeah. Don't worry about it, it'll be fixed later, lol. ;)

How did you changed your credit card info? I checked my order history, I can't find such option.
This kinda complicated but it seems to work.

Go to the SE store website. Click My Account. Log in.

Now, if you get an error message saying invalid password, then, without closing the browser, either re-enter the main webpage address or Google it, to go back to the main SE page. Do not use the back button or a bookmark... either manually re-enter the address or go to Google and search for the page to get there.

Now, click on My Account again and you should get to a page that shows your order history and a option for My Payment Information. That's where I was told to update my info but again, I have no proof that my order was updated... since my order history and invoice only show the items I ordered and my shipping address.

In the past, it never worked for me to go to My Account, it would just keep re-directing me to reset my password.

I have the Vita version fully paid off at GS and this still tempts me... :bomb:
I'm in the same boat. Almost paid off but GCU makes me want to get both versions...

Also just wanted to confirm something. Cheapy posted about a Gamefly sale starting tomorrow 5/13 @ 10am PST. Time and Eternity is $14.99 but I just wanted to ask: did the first print of this game originally come with a soundtrack? And if I get it through Gamefly, they give you all the extras right?

what IS one piece unlimited world red? Is it an RPG? Action game? Action RPG? kinda hard to tell from trailers.

Not sure if i should snag it for ps3 or handhelds either

Keep an eye on the Square Enix site.

I'm sure there will some restocks from cancellations and Digital river screw-ups.

Bit of a dumb question, but for those buying the Asian edition of FFX, there's no issues playing them on a US account, right?  I'm sure the answer is no, since I've bought many UK imports before on my PS3, but I've never imported for my Vita.  All I have to worry about is the fact that I'd have to buy dlc from another region.

Although that last point isn't always true, costumes from the UK version of Injustice worked just fine with my US disk, and vice versa.

Bit of a dumb question, but for those buying the Asian edition of FFX, there's no issues playing them on a US account, right? I'm sure the answer is no, since I've bought many UK imports before on my PS3, but I've never imported for my Vita. All I have to worry about is the fact that I'd have to buy dlc from another region.

Although that last point isn't always true, costumes from the UK version of Injustice worked just fine with my US disk, and vice versa.
Well there is no DLC for FFX so there won't be any problem with the account.

Digital River dont play. Now they are gonna come to your house and break your knee caps
Knowing Digital River, they'd probably get lost and bring styrofoam bats. :whistle2:
They'd screw it up like that and make it like it was your fault. I shall wait to do battle with a whiffle bat!

I think the hate for digital river may be over exaggerated. People only seem to remember the horror stories.
I will never forget that they withheld / forgot to include my pre-order bonus of a Phoenix Wright pin. NEVER, THIS IS SPARTA!

I'd try waiting till after the game is actually released. Once the hype dies down a bit and people see what they're actually getting, demand may drop.

Welp, now I have even less reason to keep my pre-order.

Thanks, Digital River!
Good, good. Yes!

Kind of wish this was ported to PS3. Missed out on the original, want this one for the extras/improvements.

This is how I feel might happen if I continue to do business with them. Capcom online store, Square Enix's online store, and Natsume's online store are the only one's I have figured out that use Digital River. Any others I should know about?

Just checked Atlus's website and there are several games I haven't even heard of. I heard about Persona 4: Dancing All Night, Persona 4: Ultramix, and Persona 5. I never knew about Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth was coming to the 3DS.

what IS one piece unlimited world red? Is it an RPG? Action game? Action RPG? kinda hard to tell from trailers.

Not sure if i should snag it for ps3 or handhelds either
I would like to know this as well^ Is the Japanese game out yet? If so, how where reviews etc.?

This kinda complicated but it seems to work.

Go to the SE store website. Click My Account. Log in.

Now, if you get an error message saying invalid password, then, without closing the browser, either re-enter the main webpage address or Google it, to go back to the main SE page. Do not use the back button or a bookmark... either manually re-enter the address or go to Google and search for the page to get there.

Now, click on My Account again and you should get to a page that shows your order history and a option for My Payment Information. That's where I was told to update my info but again, I have no proof that my order was updated... since my order history and invoice only show the items I ordered and my shipping address.

In the past, it never worked for me to go to My Account, it would just keep re-directing me to reset my password.
This is interesting. When I called them, they told me it was impossible to change my credit card information on file. I had to place a brand new order and cancel my old one in order to use a different card. :wall:

nooooooooo...must find a way to transfer it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back