Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting. When I called them, they told me it was impossible to change my credit card information on file. I had to place a brand new order and cancel my old one in order to use a different card. :wall:
Someone told me the same exact thing when I originally asked. When I called, they said I could update my payment method on file but when I asked if my pre-order would be ok, they basically said that "we won't know until we have the item in stock and try to ship it". So basically, I'm pretty sure I'm SoL.

It's funny, NISA is basically some tiny, self run operation and they were able to resolve my issue via email, within a few hours. These guys have some huge clients and can't even answer a simple billing question.

Whoa, when did they put the store online (PC)? So if I checkout on my computer is that good enough for me to download it later? Is there anything else I should "buy" that is free? Wasn't there a Japanese language pack for something that was free before?

EDIT: OMG: I just did a search for "free" and sorted by free. Finally, the store is usable.

2nd EDIT: How do I know if these are demos or only for ps+ people?

3rd EDIT: crap even the jetpack game is a demo. boo

4th EDIT: fuck it I'm downloading everything.

Whoa, when did they put the store online (PC)? So if I checkout on my computer is that good enough for me to download it later? Is there anything else I should "buy" that is free? Wasn't there a Japanese language pack for something that was free before?
It's been online for ages. And yes, the best way to "buy" games is via the store so you can just get them added to your download list easily. I do this every Tuesday to make sure I get all the Vita/PS3/PS4 games. I was getting PS3 games for ~6 months before I had a PS3, and I've already got a collection of PS4 games and won't get one until at least around xmas.

There was a Japanese pack for FFXIII-3. I think it was a limited time free thing, though. You can check.

I didn't understand the initial announcements. Is Curtain Call an enhanced version of the first game or is it a sequel?
Both, I guess...? It improves on a lot of aspects from the first game and adds many more songs, characters, and source games. The review I posted points out a few of these improvements and additions.

[quote name="ShadowAssassin" post="11754834" timestamp="1400014715"]The Disciple Weapons pack comes up at $0.99 for me.[/quote]

I just grabbed it for free a few hours ago, so maybe they ended the promotion a bit early.

You guys aren't missing much on the Weapons Pack. You get better weapons by the 4th or 5th dungeon.

I Present SENRAN-KAGURA-SHINOVI-VERSUS get physical limited edition, for those who are a little shy to preorder in store at gamestop.

it is available at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/SENRAN-KAGURA-SHINOVI-VERSUS-Physical-PlayStation/dp/B00K85X1TE/ref=sr_1_7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1400014907&sr=1-7&keywords=Senran+Kagura+Shinovi+Versus
And soon after, at Best Buy!!! ....:lol:...Maybe.

You guys aren't missing much on the Weapons Pack. You get better weapons by the 4th or 5th dungeon.

And soon after, at Best Buy!!! .... :lol:...Maybe.
unless you can convince bestbuy to contact xseed distrubtors to get the game.

here is the response from xseed rep regarding if bestbuy will stock it from their forum

I guess I can say, though, that Best Buy tends to deal with our distributors rather than with us directly, so the answer to that one may be up to Best Buy rather than us

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27027&st=300

Drakengard 3 is shipping.

Big surprise - they set aside the Lightning Returns PS3 CE I ordered and that got shipped too. Too bad I have no interest in the game anymore. :p

I may have a spare.
Let me know if you do.

Nothing for me yet, either. -heavy breathing-
448.jpg

Got this response on the Best Buy Forums:

Thanks for visiting our forum with your question today. New games are always exciting!

I am happy to report that Best Buy does anticipate carrying Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. At this time we do not have any additional information, but please keep an eye on www.BestBuy.com or this thread for updates in the future.

Thanks,

Thanks for visiting our forum with your question today. New games are always exciting!

I am happy to report that Best Buy does anticipate carrying Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. At this time we do not have any additional information, but please keep an eye on www.BestBuy.com or this thread for updates in the future.

Thanks,
maybe we should now hound bestbuy to carry these niche games by posting on their forums

Dunno how many of you are PC gamers, but Killer is Dead is releasing on Steam May 23:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261110

The cheapest you can get it atm is from Gamefly for 14.xx after using the coupon code MAY20OFF.

Time to sell my unopened First Print copy -_-;

Also One Piece Unlimited World Red is available for pre-order on BestBuy.com Don't know if they will even have the Day1 edition, or how that works though.

For those of you getting your shipping notices, when did you guys order? I pre-ordered back in Feb, so I'm still holding out hope that they just haven't gotten to my order. 

Thanks,
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd is coming to bestbuy.com too
Well then.

:whee: :whee: :whee:

Did you guys select standard shipping? Last time I got something from DI with standard shipping it got here in 3 days so I have a feeling they'll hold onto mine to not get it early :(

Mine hasn't shipped. It didn't even show my order when I logged in, but then I entered the order number and it shows "boxed shipment". No tracking number though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back