Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
quick question: just noticed BBY has Drakenguard 3 up for preorder. But i dont see any preorder bonus options listed. DOes it have the extra skins amazon and GS offer? Need to know soon since its almost out if im gonna cancel my amazon pre order
No. To be honest, the reason why people would buy Drakengard 3 at Best Buy is for the GCU Discount. :lol:

Got my shipping notice from SE for Drakengard 3 last night along with my FFX/X2 CE. 

Btw, why is Sword Art priced at $59.99?  Vita MSRP is $40 isn't it?  What makes this game so special?  Just a Playasia mark-up?  Also, is this MMORPG or just a single player JRPG?

Ordered Drakengard 3 on 2/5, got my shipping notice last night.  

So for those that have redeemed the code already - does that code give you all 3 tiers of DLC, or just the first wave?  

Ordered Drakengard 3 on 2/5, got my shipping notice last night.

So for those that have redeemed the code already - does that code give you all 3 tiers of DLC, or just the first wave?
if by tiers you mean the themes, outfits and japanese voice over, then yes, it's all 3.

Uh. The one that says Chinese and English on the Listing.

Until Namco changes their minds, Hollow Fragment is Digital only until further notice.
Get this one for the Chinese/English subtitles: http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-chinese-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jlr.html

The other Asian version only has subtitles in Japanese.

Got my shipping notice from SE for Drakengard 3 last night along with my FFX/X2 CE.

Btw, why is Sword Art priced at $59.99? Vita MSRP is $40 isn't it? What makes this game so special? Just a Playasia mark-up? Also, is this MMORPG or just a single player JRPG?
It might be a little bit of a markup, but isn't MSRP usually higher in Hong Kong? Like maybe $50? I know that Japan's MSRP for a Vita game is about 5800 yen which is currently a little under $57.

As for multiplayer, I believe the second part of the game allows multiplayer. Unless they revamped the whole game, the first part is a port of Infinity Moment released on PSP. That game just let you invite virtual AI as "friends" that you email and invite into your party. It acts as the main story as you work your way through each floor.

Actual multiplayer in the style of Phantasy Star Online / Monster Hunter is for sure available in the Hollow Fragment section. I'm just not clear if this chapter is also story driven where you can tackle it as single player. Or is it just multiplayer with a sprinkling of story and just focused on killing bosses with a group?

Get this one for the Chinese/English subtitles: http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-chinese-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jlr.html

It might be a little bit of a markup, but isn't MSRP usually higher in Hong Kong? Like maybe $50? I know that Japan's MSRP for a Vita game is about 5800 yen which is currently a little under $57.

As for multiplayer, I believe the second part of the game allows multiplayer. Unless they revamped the whole game, the first part is a port of Infinity Moment released on PSP. That game just let you invite virtual AI as "friends" that you email and invite into your party. It acts as the main story as you work your way through each floor.

Actual multiplayer in the style of Phantasy Star Online / Monster Hunter is for sure available in the Hollow Fragment section. I'm just not clear if this chapter is also story driven where you can tackle it as single player. Or is it just multiplayer with a sprinkling of story and just focused on killing bosses with a group?
I'm ok with paying a little extra for importing something that will not be a physical release here in the US. I'm interested in knowing this since I'd only be interested in playing offline, so if it's strictly an online experience (like PVZ GW or LOTR: Guardians of Middle Earth) then I'll pass on this title. I suppose it could be online as long as I could set it to solo mode or something similar.

Edit: FWIW, wikipedia classifies it as an RPG with MMORPG elements, but not an online game... so I think it will follow how the first installment of the game plays where you can recruit characters. Looks like I'm in for this game!

I've been reading a few places that the Taiwanese release of the game will have full English subs. I'm very tempted to snag the Chinese/English port, but I doubt I'll get around to playing it anytime soon.

**Edit** I didn't realize this was a pre-order and probably the game I was talking about. I need to learn geography, lol**

I've been reading a few places that the Taiwanese release of the game will have full English subs. I'm very tempted to snag the Chinese/English port, but I doubt I'll get around to playing it anytime soon.
If you get the taiwanese version of the game, is the rear cover in full chinese? With the asian version, doesn't it have english/chinese? Guessing that there won't be a game manual so that part of it is not relevant.

Playasia front covers of both japanese and asian versions look the same, so either they used a generic shot of the game, or they're going to be the same cover art, I'll just leave it to others who are pre-ordering the game to answer it when they get them.

If you get the taiwanese version of the game, is the rear cover in full chinese? With the asian version, doesn't it have english/chinese? Guessing that there won't be a game manual so that part of it is not relevant.

Playasia front covers of both japanese and asian versions look the same, so either they used a generic shot of the game, or they're going to be the same cover art, I'll just leave it to others who are pre-ordering the game to answer it when they get them.
Well, at the very least you can change your order in the event you are unsure. I found this post looking for more information.

http://www.play-asia.com/import-update-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-taiwanese-version-will-have-tradi-paOS-17-74-569-49-en.html

Can someone explain to me what's going on with Sword Art Online? There's multiple limited editions, why? Do any of them include Infinity Moment? What's the deal?

Can someone explain to me what's going on with Sword Art Online? There's multiple limited editions, why? Do any of them include Infinity Moment? What's the deal?
Hollow Fragment contains the first chapter of the game, Infinity Moment. I believe that's true for all versions of this game. This is how I understood it to be based on the description through playasia. Not sure about the digital version though. I could be wrong of course.

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online:_Hollow_Fragment

This also seems to indicate that the first part of the game is the psp game, Infinity Moment, and the second part of it is Hollow.

Uh, guys? I got a shipping confirmation for my two Drakengard 3 CEs...which were preordered using a now-defunct credit card that I had given up on changing after poor CS by Digital River, so I planned on letting the preorder die off.

Yeah, not...really sure how to react to this. :???:
Well if you end up getting both and my order never arrives you should sell me one. I will pay shipping and everything!!! I still as of today not had a email saying mine has shipped.

I ordered mine on the 5th and purchased economy shipping (what ever $11.99 one was)...... still nothing.

I am probably getting screwed again.

so not sure if this goes here, but I just saw this amiami com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0011467&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dcyber%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

pissed me off, not only will be never see this, but I cant even import this, more proof of Nintendos anti western push for digital, permanent saves on cartridges, refusal to do a proper united account system, heavy region locking,  and ultimate business guide to curb trade in business for us to keep bad games at high prices and not allow people to recoup money for other games. ugh, I could go on,  just makes me aggravated knowing that the tech is out their but for Japanese only.

If you want sword art limited edition in English, the only place I found was the eBay seller I liseted a few pages ago. They are sold out on ply Asia

Bacon Parade, on 15 May 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:
I'm probably wrong, but doesn't the PowerSaves Pro do the same thing?

Edit: The 3DS/3DS XL Project Mirai 2 Accesory Set is on sale for about $12 for anyone interested.
yah saw the mirai, can you post a direct link for that power saves pro? the get money of middle links doesn't work on my computer and comes up blank, and no I wont lower my security to someone can make a couple of cents, enough virus and malware out their already.

yah saw the mirai, can you post a direct link for that power saves pro? the get money of middle links doesn't work on my computer and comes up blank, and no I wont lower my security to someone can make a couple of cents, enough virus and malware out their already.
It's a gamestop link.

Is it a good idea for me to (attempt to) call Digital River CS to ask about the 2x Drakengard 3 CE order that shipped for me despite it paid for with a dead CC? I just checked the tracking data, and it looks like it's legit:

5/15/2014 09:54 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network | Fishers,IN 46037

5/14/2014 07:36 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received | Lino Lakes,MN 55014

I don't see any pending/posted transactions for this on my current CC (not that I expected it), and I haven't received any emails from my CC company or Square-Enix/DR.

Dokapon Kingdom is in-stock on Gamestop.com!

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/dokapon-kingdom/72276

This is a fairly rare Wii game that easily and frequently goes for $70-90 on ebay.

I just bought one off eBay recently because I couldn't find it anywhere else. So I just bought one from Gamestop so I can resell to recoup some.

Coupon code "SAVER" works for free shipping!

EDIT: Maybe I just bought mine at a bad time. Looks like the price has dipped a little on eBay, but the Gamestop price is still great in comparison.

Amazingly both my FF X HD Collectors edition and Drakengard 3 CE have shipped and are en route from Indiana (as of May 14th). Hope they arrive in one piece. I have not ever order from DR, so this is my "testing the waters" order. BTW, ordered Feburary 5th, paid via Paypal, and had to contact them once using the number on my order confirmation screenshot to have them send me my order confirmation email in late February. Got the DLC packs too (have not redeemed).

shivan128, on 15 May 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:
It's a gamestop link.
thanks, checked it out, while it is similar, since the power save one alters your save, you run the risk of bricking, but the cyber one just backs up your save to no bricking. which is a safer bet, would like to here from anyone who uses a power save on backing up, if you never alter the saves, then it would be worth checking out, but I don't know if it still codes it regardless.

Is it a good idea for me to (attempt to) call Digital River CS to ask about the 2x Drakengard 3 CE order that shipped for me despite it paid for with a dead CC? I just checked the tracking data, and it looks like it's legit:

5/15/2014 09:54 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network | Fishers,IN 46037

5/14/2014 07:36 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received | Lino Lakes,MN 55014

I don't see any pending/posted transactions for this on my current CC (not that I expected it), and I haven't received any emails from my CC company or Square-Enix/DR.
Legally, you do have to pay for the items or return them, if they ask/notify you. But if they don't, thiis is a moral issue that you're ultimately gonna have to make on your own.

Normally, if I were in your situation, I would own up to it but given how much trouble I've had with DR (including the fact that my order still hasn't shipped), I wouldn't say a word until they asked me.

Legally, you do have to pay for the items or return them, if they ask/notify you. But if they don't, thiis is a moral issue that you're ultimately gonna have to make on your own.

Normally, if I were in your situation, I would own up to it but given how much trouble I've had with DR (including the fact that my order still hasn't shipped), I wouldn't say a word until they asked me.
Oh, believe me, if I'm asked to pay for or return them, I will, and I know I'll have to decide on what to do if I don't hear anything. I just don't know if contacting DR would be best done now or after I receive the CEs, if I receive anything at all. Would it look worse if I said nothing right away?

You guys think that Amazon will have enough stock to fulfill orders of Senran Kangran Shinovi that were placed during the "temporarily out of stock" phase? The page for the game isn't even up anymore, kind of worried my order might get cancelled last minute and I really want that physical copy.

You guys think that Amazon will have enough stock to fulfill orders of Senran Kangran Shinovi that were placed during the "temporarily out of stock" phase? The page for the game isn't even up anymore, kind of worried my order might get cancelled last minute and I really want that physical copy.
Keep an eye on your order invoice, and if you're really anxious about it, preorder a backup copy at Gamestop.

thanks, checked it out, while it is similar, since the power save one alters your save, you run the risk of bricking, but the cyber one just backs up your save to no bricking. which is a safer bet, would like to here from anyone who uses a power save on backing up, if you never alter the saves, then it would be worth checking out, but I don't know if it still codes it regardless.
I have the power save pro, solely for backing up my saves. The software is two part - a save editor and save back up. You need to backup the save, then alter the save, then resave it to the card. I never alter the saves and skip the middle part completely. I really love being able to have back ups for in case someones wants to borrow one of nintendo's infamous one save slot games etc. I'm shocked more people don't talk about using it like this, it is a great feature.

I haven't heard of this model bricking anything yet. The one that plugs directly into your 3ds I guess has had issues like that. This one is a usb device that allows your pc to interface with the game.

The one major drawback I see if you do like altering the saves is that you must have the software connect to the internet to use any of their cheats, and I guess they randomly take some down. But I tested backing up and restoring saves with the software offline and that worked just fine.

Oh, believe me, if I'm asked to pay for or return them, I will, and I know I'll have to decide on what to do if I don't hear anything. I just don't know if contacting DR would be best done now or after I receive the CEs, if I receive anything at all. Would it look worse if I said nothing right away?
I don't think it really matters. IME, this is how preorders work with most merchants for dead CCs. When you place a preorder, the merchant typically runs an authorization on your card with your CC company, which I believe is kept on file at the CC company. Even if you let that CC die, the CC company will still let that charge go through when the preorder is actually charged. So you don't need to do anything with DR, they wouldn't have shipped anything out to you if the charge hadn't gone through. You'll just get a statement from your dead CC during what would have been your next billing cycle asking you to pay the balance for that order. The CC will still be dead, but you'll have to pay for this order. This is what has happened to me in the past with old preorders on dead CCs.

Not all merchants run the authorization at the time the preorder is placed. For example, I don't think NISA does, because every time I have a NISA preorder on a dead card, I have to contact NISA with updated card info before they ship the order to me. But with just about everyone else, the order goes through on its own.

get one at gs just in case, if you really want the game.

I had my story about an extra Harvest Moon 3DS copy and how they never sent a shipping label or such(I did contact them as I got an extra big cow plus and game)....they're not a smart company that's all I know!

If you do want to contact them, wait until you receive the items just to make sure they are what you think they are. No point in telling them you got some CEs and then end up getting the standard editions or something.

As for looking better/worse, it doesn't really matter since you don't actually know what you're getting.

It might not be a total loss. Reprint discs are usually monochromatic, which the first print are in full color. You can tell which one you have by that.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330813-dokapon-kingdom-in-stock-at-gamestopcom-2499-used-coming-in-and-out-of-stock/
That's backwards, right? On the thread they're saying the reprint is full color while the initial ones aren't. The one I have is not full color.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330813-dokapon-kingdom-in-stock-at-gamestopcom-2499-used-coming-in-and-out-of-stock/page-3

Dokapon Kingdom is in-stock on Gamestop.com!

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/dokapon-kingdom/72276

This is a fairly rare Wii game that easily and frequently goes for $70-90 on ebay.

I just bought one off eBay recently because I couldn't find it anywhere else. So I just bought one from Gamestop so I can resell to recoup some.

Coupon code "SAVER" works for free shipping!

EDIT: Maybe I just bought mine at a bad time. Looks like the price has dipped a little on eBay, but the Gamestop price is still great in comparison.
Also, if you like your games complete, apparently, according to what people are saying on the dokapon thread, it's disc only reprint copies….which is why I haven't ordered one.

There's only one Limited Edition but three regional versions:

Hollow Fragment contains the first chapter of the game, Infinity Moment. I believe that's true for all versions of this game. This is how I understood it to be based on the description through playasia. Not sure about the digital version though. I could be wrong of course.

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online:_Hollow_Fragment

This also seems to indicate that the first part of the game is the psp game, Infinity Moment, and the second part of it is Hollow.
The wording on the digital versions is strange. Apparently the initial announcement for the North American release says that you start on the 76th floor, which sounds like the Hollow Fragment part.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-north-america-summer/

But then a week later, Bamco said they would pack in the HD port of Infinity Moment as part of the download:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/30-1/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-to-include-infinity-moment-psp-game-in-the-west

I was confused at first and it made me question if the physical carts had Infinity Moment. But my train of thought is that Bamco was just generating more hype and Hollow was always going to include Infinity Moment for Europe and NA. No reason to put effort into breaking up the two up if they aren't separately packaged games like FFX & FFX-2 HD.

If you want sword art limited edition in English, the only place I found was the eBay seller I liseted a few pages ago. They are sold out on ply Asia
I've been watching this auction since last month: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSV-PS-Vita-Sword-Art-Online-Hollow-Fragment-CHINESE-ENGLISH-limited-Boxset-/261302174694?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cd6d2c3e6

I'm super tempted as this is the only anime I've watched to completion and really liked in the past 4 years...

Friendly reminder: The demo for XBlaze Code: Embryo is available for download on PS3/Vita starting today via PSN.

The file size isn't too bad for Vita--about 350MB, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back