Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Mugen Souls Z preorder from NISA today, game and everything looks great, but they forgot my zodiac keychain!!!! I emailed support and hope they can help me out somehow, I love my extra swag :(
What does the small barcode on the bottom of the box say? Mine says "NIS America Mugen Souls Z - Premium Edition Includes Keychain"

I'm not doubting that you ordered it, just wonder if your box is missing the "includes keychain" for some reason.

My Drakengard 3 CE tracking hasn't updated since 5/14. I am worried ;_;
Same! Even though others in the thread say not to worry, I'm still worried. I haven't had a DR screw-up yet. All of my orders with them so far have been great. They've been relatively inexpensive though, so I wouldn't be surprised if my one expensive order DID screw up.

I got a code for the Drakengard DLC already, but it hasn't shipped yet. Should I be worried? Been seeing that a lot of people got tracking numbers already. I haven't gotten anything at all.

Is anyone else still waiting for their Drakengard 3 to ship? Still no notice or charge on my card, I'm guessing I'm not getting one unless there are others still waiting. 

I got a code for the Drakengard DLC already, but it hasn't shipped yet. Should I be worried? Been seeing that a lot of people got tracking numbers already. I haven't gotten anything at all.
If this is from Amazon one of two things. Either A) it's being overnighted like mine (or so I hope) is or B) they fuck ed up and you will get it wednesday or thurs.

I have had about 3-4 games this year fail to miss release date because of Amazon. Drakengard 3 goes to third in my games to play list. Watch Dogs is #1 and Mario Kart 8 is #2 just to unlock all the stuff for multiplayer if there is any.

Drakengard 3 for me has been "stuck" in NJ for 3 days... funny how it goes from an update every day when it left Indiana 5/16, to stuck in transit in NJ for 3 days.  Scheduled delivery for 5/21-5/22 aka release day + 1.  I call shenanigans.  Again, DR has failed me (4th time).

If this is from Amazon one of two things. Either A) it's being overnighted like mine (or so I hope) is or B) they fuck ed up and you will get it wednesday or thurs.

I have had about 3-4 games this year fail to miss release date because of Amazon. Drakengard 3 goes to third in my games to play list. Watch Dogs is #1 and Mario Kart 8 is #2 just to unlock all the stuff for multiplayer if there is any.
Nah. Mines is the CE from Square. No charges or anything yet. Not sure what's going on. My first thing I preordered from Square's store so I'm not sure if they charge tomorrow or what.

Anyone know how SE distributes game codes? I'm still waiting on my drakengard 3 game vouchers (not the dlc)...

Edit: do I contact DI or SE about this? Didn't get mail either for em.

If you have an order over at Square Enix (Digital River) use this website for tracking:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Its a little more detailed than your USPS.

(Mine says that USPS has received it as of yesterday 5/19/14, but my USPS website has not been updated since 5/16/14. I am kind of worried because the same thing happened to my FF X/X-2 CE. This website said that USPS received it but USPS said that they never did and I had to wait a month until it was resolved finally. I ended up ordering the FF X/X-2 CE from eBay as I did not want to deal with Digital River again. I hope this is not what has happened this time around because it is looking like the same thing. Lets just hope that I get home and its there.)

For those of you using newgistics to track Drakengard and have a stuck shipment, try putting your tracking number into the usps website. My newgistics tracking says my shipment is stuck in IN, but when I use usps to track it says its out for delivery.

For those of you using newgistics to track Drakengard and have a stuck shipment, try putting your tracking number into the usps website. My newgistics tracking says my shipment is stuck in IN, but when I use usps to track it says its out for delivery.
newgistics holds a usps tracking number, but this number was not available to me for 4 days, but yes, once you do get the tracking number, you can use usps for the local tracking updates.

Edit: It appears that you can use either of the tracking numbers to provide a status. I am not sure why I did not get any additional status until this morning for either number, but you can use either the one that newgistics was assigned, or the tracking ID newgistics provides once it gets to the local branch.

I am glad I made the right choice to grab this over Wolfenstein then. Don't get me wrong, I want Wolfenstein too but this seems like the better investment. Will defiantly play it after I play through Watch Dogs.
Heck, I bought both! ...And I have Watch Dogs preordered through Kmart.com! :whee:

Are you really going to enjoy it if you play it "defiantly" after Watch Dogs, though...? ;)

I am glad I made the right choice to grab this over Wolfenstein then. Don't get me wrong, I want Wolfenstein too but this seems like the better investment. Will defiantly play it after I play through Watch Dogs.
Defiantly? How do you play a game defiantly? "I'm not going to enjoy this! Not one bit!!"

I can't help but feel that people like these games for the same reason I refuse to play them. That reason should be very obvious... Haha

Someone sell me this game. Its a fighting game isn't it ? I am not much for fighting games to be honest. Why is it so praised around here ? I know there is a limited run physical and after that it will be all digital correct ?
it looks like dynasty warriors with scantily clad women (a la sailor moon). I do love me some Dynasty Warriors. Pre-ordered this on Amazon. Hopefully it comes to BB for GCU discount.

Is anyone else still waiting for their Drakengard 3 to ship? Still no notice or charge on my card, I'm guessing I'm not getting one unless there are others still waiting.
me too :( And I pre-ordered literally the moment it became available

Trying to check my order status just gives me an "Incorrect password or order number" message

I have to use the email address/last 5 digits of credit card method. And it still doesn't say it's shipped, still no charge on my credit card.

I also had pre-ordered the FFXIV PS4 CE in this order. Had to wait for fucking DG3 to come out before anything shipped. alsdkfjalskdfn

When I check my order status now, it says my order date is "5/12/2014"

Which is bullshit because I ordered on 2/5/2014 according to my saved reciept

So DR randomly cancelled my Drakengard 3 CE order, but my OST order went through fine.  They couldn't even give me a straight reason why it was cancelled.  First they were telling me it was because of a broken serial number, which made so little sense that when I asked them wth that even meant the lady on the phone couldn't even tell me.  Then she said that when I ordered it they were already out of stock, which I told her was impossible, since I ordered it day one. She ended up talking in so many circles she connected me to a supervisor instead, who also just talked in circles.  I asked her to try and just reissue my order since there were 5000 made, the one that was set aside for my preorder has to be somewhere, but apparently DR cannot.  Then I asked if they could just make a new order and put me at the end of the line and if and when there are some unaccounted for - from my mystery cancellation and other people deciding to skip it - then my order could go through, but she said they have no power to do that either. She said they had no power to do anything til they contacted a couple other departments >.< Trying to get in touch with SE and see if they can do anything.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about just skipping it now and grabbing a copy from GS.  I have already been on the phone more than I think it is worth.

Someone sell me this game. Its a fighting game isn't it ? I am not much for fighting games to be honest. Why is it so praised around here ? I know there is a limited run physical and after that it will be all digital correct ?
The game is about 2 things.

Life &amp; Hometown

Ken/Koromaru confirmed for Persona 4 Ultimax. They will be played as one team, which I assume to be similar to Carl and Ada from Blazblue. Still hoping Minato and Adachi get announced as well. Don't care if they're Boss Characters either.

Ken/Koromaru confirmed for Persona 4 Ultimax. They will be played as one team, which I assume to be similar to Carl and Ada from Blazblue. Still hoping MAYBE NATO and Adachi get announced as well. Don't care if they're Boss Characters either.
I still need to get P4A. It's been on my list for a while now.

So DR randomly cancelled my Drakengard 3 CE order, but my OST order went through fine. They couldn't even give me a straight reason why it was cancelled. First they were telling me it was because of a broken serial number, which made so little sense that when I asked them wth that even meant the lady on the phone couldn't even tell me. Then she said that when I ordered it they were already out of stock, which I told her was impossible, since I ordered it day one. She ended up talking in so many circles she connected me to a supervisor instead, who also just talked in circles. I asked her to try and just reissue my order since there were 5000 made, the one that was set aside for my preorder has to be somewhere, but apparently DR cannot. Then I asked if they could just make a new order and put me at the end of the line and if and when there are some unaccounted for - from my mystery cancellation and other people deciding to skip it - then my order could go through, but she said they have no power to do that either. She said they had no power to do anything til they contacted a couple other departments &gt;.&lt; Trying to get in touch with SE and see if they can do anything.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about just skipping it now and grabbing a copy from GS. I have already been on the phone more than I think it is worth.
*Sigh* That blows.

DR strikes again!

I hope this doesn't happen to me...

Got my 2 Drakengard 3s today, one of them was dented http://oi58.tinypic.com/oaql5c.jpg (probably because it was jammed into the mailbox) so I opened it up and the stuff in there is pretty nice (the novel looks high quality). I think it's up to the eye of the beholder if it's worth the extra $30. I got the free shipping to Michigan from Minnesota btw.

So DR randomly cancelled my Drakengard 3 CE order, but my OST order went through fine. They couldn't even give me a straight reason why it was cancelled. First they were telling me it was because of a broken serial number, which made so little sense that when I asked them wth that even meant the lady on the phone couldn't even tell me. Then she said that when I ordered it they were already out of stock, which I told her was impossible, since I ordered it day one. She ended up talking in so many circles she connected me to a supervisor instead, who also just talked in circles. I asked her to try and just reissue my order since there were 5000 made, the one that was set aside for my preorder has to be somewhere, but apparently DR cannot. Then I asked if they could just make a new order and put me at the end of the line and if and when there are some unaccounted for - from my mystery cancellation and other people deciding to skip it - then my order could go through, but she said they have no power to do that either. She said they had no power to do anything til they contacted a couple other departments &gt;.&lt; Trying to get in touch with SE and see if they can do anything.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about just skipping it now and grabbing a copy from GS. I have already been on the phone more than I think it is worth.
That really sucks! I hope it work out for you in the end!

Midori Monkey, on 20 May 2014 - 1:21 PM, said:

well most likely they took more preorders than supposed to or you got bumped off the list by somebody working their that wanted it or something. im renting this first, since the review said it took 8 hours to beat, even with the extra post game stuff, don't wanna throw money at it right away, shouldn't be to hard to get cheaper down the line.

Got in for a pre-order, still waiting on best buy. Anyone planning on getting SAO Hollow Fragment digitally? I really prefer physical and wouldn't mind getting it from play aisa but I'd also like to show support for the game in North America in hopes of future physical releases.
nah, i will wait till it release physically. whenever it may be.

Why has this thread completely turned into people whining and cheering each other on about their digital river shipments lately or just whining about DR in general? It's called be patient and just wait for it. We don't need updates every time your package is scanned or not scanned, and then a follow up if your game box has as pencil tip sized ding in it and so forth.

The same thing happened with Lightning Returns, FFX/X-2... and so on, nothing is different.

People come here to read the forum regarding "Japanese Niche Games Deals" and instead as of late, scroll through pages and pages of  irrelevant and repetitive complaining.

I'm sure most people reading this agree, except for the ones actually doing it.

Got in for a pre-order, still waiting on best buy. Anyone planning on getting SAO Hollow Fragment digitally? I really prefer physical and wouldn't mind getting it from play aisa but I'd also like to show support for the game in North America in hopes of future physical releases.
You can always snag the one from Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-chinese-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jlr.html

It's the English/Chinese release of the game and from what I've read has an accurate translation. Either way I've already pre-ordered it.

I'm going to be the n00b here: How does the SAO game differ from stuff like Monster Hunter/Ragnarok Odyssey/Toukiden/etc.? I assume there's more of a plot involved, but is there more to set it apart?

Thanks! I read that this game is coming out to Europe in July or something. Doesn't that mean it's likely that it'll come to the states at some point?
As far as I've read we're supposed to be getting a digital only download from PSN sometime this summer. No set date yet, but we're slated to get it sometime after the EU release.

I purchased the physical copy, but it doesn't release until 5/29 so I won't know how great the translation will be. So if its a good one, there might be copies left to grab one then if you're like me and like physical copies of games.

Some info on the US release.

- http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/05/hit_series_tie_in_sword_art_online_hollow_fragment_is_coming_west_for_the_summer

I'm going to be the n00b here: How does the SAO game differ from stuff like Monster Hunter/Ragnarok Odyssey/Toukiden/etc.? I assume there's more of a plot involved, but is there more to set it apart?
dating sim aspect, and pillow talk, and multiplayer which allows you to have 3 other party members. each person get a partner to tag along. more info on the link below

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/26/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-shows-features-pillow-talk/

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/02/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-shows-games-begins-dating/

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/14/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-shares-glimpse-multiplayer-mode/

Well I think I am getting boned on my Drakengard 3 CE. Tracking number from Newgistics says that USPS has it 5/19/14 and USPS has not been updated since 5/16/14. Same thing happened with my FF X/X-2 CE and it never came and it was a month long fiasco with DR. If anyone who purchased an extra copy and wants to sell theirs to me at a reasonable price let me know as I am going to wait a day and see if the USPS website ever says they got it or call them and ask tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back