Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to pick up Mind Zero today from the Best Buy store I preordered at. Like everyone else, they didn't receive it on Tues.

This morning they received a UPS shipment that included ONE lone copy of Mind Zero...my copy. Glad I stopped in today.

I was able to pick up Mind Zero today from the Best Buy store I preordered at. Like everyone else, they didn't receive it on Tues.

This morning they received a UPS shipment that included ONE lone copy of Mind Zero...my copy. Glad I stopped in today.
did it come damaged?

I got shipping notification for this and then it just never came nor was USPS website updated from when it was shipped. I ended up having to get a refund for the game, the same thing happened with FFX/X-2 CE. I ended up buying the Drakengard 3 CE off eBay for $125 and it was at my house two days later. Its pretty sad when an eBay seller can beat out a company that specializes in that field. I have a 0% success rate with DR so far, I will not be using them in the future at all.
That's fucking ridiculous. Damn.

I got shipping notification for this and then it just never came nor was USPS website updated from when it was shipped. I ended up having to get a refund for the game, the same thing happened with FFX/X-2 CE. I ended up buying the Drakengard 3 CE off eBay for $125 and it was at my house two days later. Its pretty sad when an eBay seller can beat out a company that specializes in that field. I have a 0% success rate with DR so far, I will not be using them in the future at all.
Shit, that sucks.

I lucked out and a CAG hooked me up for cost + shipping. $125 isn't bad but it sucks you had to pay almost $40 more because DR sucks.

Sadly this will likely be our last LE for Neptunia games since I doubt NISA will get to release anymore of them. *tears*

Enjoy it while you can!

LEs for RPGs are becoming less and less  with no Atelier/Neptunia LEs likely to come out anymore IMHO.

I'm not sure why I just bought this. I haven't bought anything from Nis since I got Disgaea 3 limited edition way back in like 2007 for the PS3 (the flag is still hung up in my bedroom at my parents' house).

Surprised its back, thing sold out fast as hell
If I remember correctly, it sold out within 1 week(or less). I remember because I got the email from NISA promoting the pre-order, and every day when I would see it in my inbox, I would say, " I really need to find out what this game is about, so I can see if I want to order our not). Before I could even look in to the game, it was already gone.

I hope this isn't NISA trying to create a false sense of rarity by ending the orders early, only so they can come in closer to release and start selling again in an attempt to sale more games. Maybe I'm giving NISA more credit then their due thinking they could do something like that, but who knows? Sometimes this stuff can just seem a little "predictable".

That last LE from Nisa was Demon Gaze, and it reached 25% 1 month before release, and then it took until about 7 days before release to sale out completely. Then, about 5-6 days before release, they sent me an email and for me to double check my mailing address, and payment on file, because they where getting ready to charge my order and now was the time to fix any issues. Then, within a day or so, they had new stock available.

The extra stock for this game appear almost to the day from when this last happened, so I'm guessing the CC is the reason and not some conspiracy.

I hope this isn't NISA trying to create a false sense of rarity by ending the orders early, only so they can come in closer to release and start selling again in an attempt to sale more games. Maybe I'm giving NISA more credit then their due thinking they could do something like that, but who knows? Sometimes this stuff can just seem a little "predictable".
This has actually crossed my mind before, but only for one game. The first CE for Mugen Souls. It got to "Under 50%" really fast, and then it stayed there for a longgggggggggggggggggg time. It even went on sale for half price around Black Friday, and still didn't sell out before the sale was over.

This has actually crossed my mind before, but only for one game. The first CE for Mugen Souls. It got to "Under 50%" really fast, and then it stayed there for a longgggggggggggggggggg time. It even went on sale for half price around Black Friday, and still didn't sell out before the sale was over.
I imagine it's a case of NisA just having a decent sized following that buys up pretty much any of the their LE right away (I am part of the problem :p) thus the second half remains while they try to actually sell them based off the game's quality instead of blind buys.

If I remember correctly, it sold out within 1 week(or less). I remember because I got the email from NISA promoting the pre-order, and every day when I would see it in my inbox, I would say, " I really need to find out what this game is about, so I can see if I want to order our not). Before I could even look in to the game, it was already gone.

That last LE from Nisa was Demon Gaze, and it reached 25% 1 month before release, and then it took until about 7 days before release to sale out completely. Then, about 5-6 days before release, they sent me an email and for me to double check my mailing address, and payment on file, because they where getting ready to charge my order and now was the time to fix any issues. Then, within a day or so, they had new stock available.

The extra stock for this game appear almost to the day from when this last happened, so I'm guessing the CC is the reason and not some conspiracy.
Same thing happened with Mugen Souls Z, it's just last-minute cancellations & cc's that didn't clear. I decided to order MSZ when that restock popped back up the Friday before it released, and it was sold out again about an hour after I placed my order.

I imagine it's a case of NisA just having a decent sized following that buys up pretty much any of the their LE right away (I am part of the problem :p) thus the second half remains while they try to actually sell them based off the game's quality instead of blind buys.
This actually makes a lot of sense as well^

Well, now it's sold out again, so I'll assume my first thought was correct. They had several CC that didn't go through and some flat out cancellations, so they had some extras. I'll doubt they'll restock again. Congrats to everyone who got in before it was to late. ENJOY!

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland preorder up at bestbuy.com for gcu members ps3

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 ps vita preorder up at bestbuy.com

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution preorder up at bestbuy.com ps3

NAtURAL DOCtRINE preorder up at bestbuy.com ps3

Fairy Fencer F preorder up at bestbuy.com ps3
With a lack of any pre-order bonus for the last 2, I'll wait to see what NIS has to offer (if anything). It is very tempting to just pre-order these though with GCU discount.

Mind Zero is 40% off on the PSN: (Only if you have PlayStation Plus)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP1024-PCSE00359_00-MINDZERO00000000?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pscom&utm_campaign=pscom-UP1024-PCSE00359_00-MINDZERO00000000&smcid=ps:mind-zero:up1024-pcse00359_00-mindzero00000000:ps-playstation-plus

Some are saying that it is only showing 20% off right now so you might have to wait until it shows its proper discount.

Here is where it says 40% off:

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page. 

E: ^^It's 20% off the PSN sale price, but close to 40% off retail (which would be $24)

So any impressions on Mind Zero?
It's not all that bad. The first hour of gameplay makes you think you're playing Persona fan fiction. Yuri Lowenthal plays a Junpei like character and the girl who likes to exercise on your team is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) although she does a different voice. The Childhood friend is the girl who did Labrys as well. Kei (the main character) gets dragged into a world between the inner and outer realms and meets a woman called the undertaker who lets him pick a weapon that awakens him to his MIND power. A rookie/veteran cop duo is investigating MINDs for police, who use the story that it's a powerful illegal street drug to cover up the truth of what is happening (the other self takes over the person and they go crazy.)

That's where the comparisons end though. So far they're just trying to figure out where the powers came from and why the government is hunting down MIND users. I haven't seen any signs of a god trying to take over the world or an Apocalypse of any sort. The battle system isn't too bad, although you'll end up using the MINDs more than anything else. When you summon your MIND it eats MP, but then your character doesn't take damage and it replenishes at the end of battle.

The main complaints so far is that the game takes a bit too long to load dungeons, and the battles use low quality audio akin to early 3D console games. I just hope the cliffhanger ending that Japanese reviewers complained about isn't going to pop out of nowhere.

E: ^^It's 20% off the PSN sale price, but close to 40% off retail (which would be $24)

It's not all that bad. The first hour of gameplay makes you think you're playing Persona fan fiction. Yuri Lowenthal plays a Junpei like character and the girl who likes to exercise on your team is voiced by Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) although she does a different voice. The Childhood friend is the girl who did Labrys as well. Kei (the main character) gets dragged into a world between the inner and outer realms and meets a woman called the undertaker who lets him pick a weapon that awakens him to his MIND power. A rookie/veteran cop duo is investigating MINDs for police, who use the story that it's a powerful illegal street drug to cover up the truth of what is happening (the other self takes over the person and they go crazy.)

That's where the comparisons end though. So far they're just trying to figure out where the powers came from and why the government is hunting down MIND users. I haven't seen any signs of a god trying to take over the world or an Apocalypse of any sort. The battle system isn't too bad, although you'll end up using the MINDs more than anything else. When you summon your MIND it eats MP, but then your character doesn't take damage and it replenishes at the end of battle.

The main complaints so far is that the game takes a bit too long to load dungeons, and the battles use low quality audio akin to early 3D console games. I just hope the cliffhanger ending that Japanese reviewers complained about isn't going to pop out of nowhere.
Sounds like a wait till cheap on PSN or 20 dollar physical copy type of review there. I still haven't started Demon Gaze myself so will have that as a dungeon crawler on the Vita for a while.

Nope, it was perfectly fine.

Also Play Asia shipped out SAO Hollow Fragment. I'll probably have it by Monday.
I can't wait for mine to arrive. I should be getting mine sometime Tuesday and it's the next game of my list to play.

Man this looks way better than the original. I already have the original but want this version. I might wait for a sale on the Vita version.
Agreed I actually want to play the Plus series now but am waiting to start with Rorona.....it seems very refined though including gameplay.

Guilty Gear Xrd is up for Pre Order at Gamestop and Amazon respectively. The PS3 version will be sold for 49.99 and the PS4 will be sold for 59.99

And now, let us hope that Guilty Gear gets listed at Best Buy.

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KHDJBDM - PS3/49.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KHDJBS2  - PS4/59.99

Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/guilty-gear-xrd-sign/115332 - PS3/49.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/guilty-gear-xrd-sign/115342 - PS4/59.99

Nah, I think it sold out fast because the series (even though this is a spin off) is 3 games deep. Demon Gaze, as far as I know for NA at least, is a new IP.

I also like to think after Disgaea 4 (which was/is a popular series) and Mugen Souls 1 (new/unknown), they've learned their lesson on over producing.

As for these recent Vita CE's themselves, I personally think they are pretty lame. They feel more like free day-one upgrades. Yet you've got to pay extra.

I know this is an old game, but I figure everyone here would be the best to ask.

What do you guys think about the shin megami tensei: devil survivor series? I've never played it or games like it, but I've been looking into it lately and think ill like it. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of starting with over clocked for the 3ds unless someone thinks something else would be better?

Thanks in advance

I know this is an old game, but I figure everyone here would be the best to ask.

What do you guys think about the shin megami tensei: devil survivor series? I've never played it or games like it, but I've been looking into it lately and think ill like it. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of starting with over clocked for the 3ds unless someone thinks something else would be better?

Thanks in advance
I love the series. And I'm pretty sure Overclocked is the penultimate version

Uhh I feel a little dumb asking, but where do you put a coupon code on a Play Asia order? Things have kinda changed since I last used one. I tried the products page of the checkout, payment, etc. Didn't see it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back