Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone pick up the new Drakengard 3 DLC that came out today?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/3/5776028/drakengard-3-dlc-story-missions-costumes

* Intoner arrange tracks (new music for intoner mode) - $1.99
* Furiae's garb (reduce damage taken by 5%) - $2.99
* Eris's garb (prevent stamina reduction while guarding) - $2.99
* Sisters' prologue story DLC -$5.99 each
* Sisters' prologue bundle (Includes One's DLC) - $29.99

If you have let me know how the Sister Prologue bundle is, was thinking about getting it but that price point is a little high to be honest when the game only cost $49.99 to start with. I also feel as though if they released something like this so fast that it should have been included in the game itself as it was pretty much finished already. I hate DLC now a days, we hardly ever get a full game on release.
Technically, the DLC was created and released a few months after JP release. So it all existed before NA release, but they kept it as DLC.

That said, I think it's a skip or wait for sale. I got One's Chapter free with CE. Playing it, it felt so awkward to go to such a weak character, level 1, bad weapon, no weapon swapping or good combos. It was 3 or 4 'verses' so a short chapter. Small backstory that you kinda got from reading between the lines (and yet incomplete because it introduced a new character...that didn't exist in the main game which takes place after), and you only get level 5 or 6 by the end. Meaning you have to grind to hit level 10 for the extra notes, which are literally a paragraph of text per level.

Ouch 59.99....if it's similar to the other one may not be worth 20 more....though in this one you get the monocoin (me wants) some sticker...who cares and some sunglasses....sadly I will wear them once at least...eh I guess so. Will still get the LE Danganronpa 2....first game was great.

Not sure if I can justify that extra 20 for those stuff... I didn't even bother opening the CD from the first one but atleast that LE was cheaper than this one. Anyone wanna push me?

After considering the $10-higher price and the fact that I'm a GCU member at Best Buy, I can't justify paying the additional ~$25 for the LE. I'm definitely buying the game day-one, though.

Hmm...the Dangan 2 LE is not showing under NISA Store exclusives, so it's quite possible this may end up at other retailers.

Plus for the 20 extra,  not feeling those extras as opposed to the first one. Gonna be a pass unless I can use credit from another retailer.

Rare =/= high-in-demand

It might have just had a low print run.
Rare *usually* means the market value would be higher so at the base store price, it would be harder to come by. At least that's how I view rare. "Rare" just doesn't live up to the word if it is still sold in many stores at the same price or lower, easy to come by and holds no resell value.

Hmm...the Dangan 2 LE is not showing under NISA Store exclusives, so it's quite possible this may end up at other retailers.

Plus for the 20 extra, not feeling those extras as opposed to the first one. Gonna be a pass unless I can use credit from another retailer.
NISA is just bad about organizing these on their website. I can almost guarantee it's NISA Store exclusive just like the Disgaea 4 Vita one...I have a 5 dollar off code so I guess i'll get this LE.

I'm just saying:

That creepy smirk on his face doesn't exactly inspire...trust, nor does it match his personality from when you first meet him in P4, so it's kind of a pseudo-spoiler, I guess?
True, but you have to admit, it is the greatest trollface in the game. He had the best trollface in P4 as well.

Shame that it is $10 more than the first game's limited edition. I love the first game and have no regrets in purchasing this one (Ok, maybe a little). I heard the second game is way better than the first so I guess the price is right.

Thanks for the information.

I'll have to download the first & the sequel when I can.

I've only ever played Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner 2. I've also played Persona 3 and 4 but that's about all I've done in the SMT Universe. What should I be expecting in Digital Devil Saga if you don't mind me asking? (Question open to anyone) Thanks.

Thanks for the information.

I'll have to download the first & the sequel when I can.

I've only ever played Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner 2. I've also played Persona 3 and 4 but that's about all I've done in the SMT Universe. What should I be expecting in Digital Devil Saga if you don't mind me asking? (Question open to anyone) Thanks.
It is different than both games, with combat closer to Persona. Turn-based with emphasis on exploiting weakness to get the advantage (extremely important). Story is closer to SMT roots too.
Definitely worth the purchase imo

Lots and Lots of niche announcements:

Capcom Ace Attourney Trilogy for 3DS digital:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-announced-western-release/

Natsume Alphadia Genesis for Wii U:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/natsume-publish-alphadia-genesis-wii-u-north-america/

Natsume Reel Fishing: Masters Challenge for Vita:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/natsume-bringing-reel-fishing-masters-challenge-ps-vita/

XSeed Brandish: The Dark Revenant for PSP:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/xseed-announces-brandish-dark-revenant-psp/

XSeed Corpse Party for PC:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/xseed-bringing-corpse-party-pc-2014/

XSeed Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit for Vita digital:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/05/senran-kagura-bon-apptit-announced-north-america/

Big time wants in Senran Kagura Rhythm game and Ace Attorney Trilogy though I wanted a physical copy for both.

Edit: I was compiling this large list and links so sorry for repeat announcements!

Pretty sure this one was digital only in Japan as well.
Sad to hear....I just dislike digital for the Vita because of the proprietary memory card prices....I had an easy upgrade for the 3DS XL and it only cost about 11 dollars or so.....wish it was that easy for the Vita. It's a high want and I highly support XSeed so i'll likely get it.

So I just started getting/looking into the persona series. I see persona q is coming out this fall, is there a NA CE coming out for it? Or was it just the Japanese one?

I'm sure Dancing all Night footage will be there, I'm hoping for a release date. It's already been guaranteed from the Atlus email that there will be Persona Q. I'm really hoping for a Yakuza or 3DS tetris/Puyo Puyo game announcement or both...come on baby!!!!!

Anyone know a good place to get a cheap 4GB Vita memory card? Preferably under $8. Need one since I just realized I can't play SAO and use a Hong Kong PSN on the same memory card as my english games :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back