Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know a good place to get a cheap 4GB Vita memory card? Preferably under $8. Need one since I just realized I can't play SAO and use a Hong Kong PSN on the same memory card as my english games :|
You could try Kmart or Target, they were on clearance a few months back. I saw some at my kmart a few weeks ago, so you may still be able to find them.

Anyone know a good place to get a cheap 4GB Vita memory card? Preferably under $8. Need one since I just realized I can't play SAO and use a Hong Kong PSN on the same memory card as my english games :|
I would recommend Ebay....kind of hard to find now. You might be better off getting an 8 gig one...I think I paid about 11 off ebay for one new....I use it for the Japanese PSN (I only have Diva F 2nd ad likely wont be getting much more imports since so much stuff is getting localized!).

I would recommend Ebay....kind of hard to find now. You might be better off getting an 8 gig one...I think I paid about 11 off ebay for one new....I use it for the Japanese PSN (I only have Diva F 2nd ad likely wont be getting much more imports since so much stuff is getting localized!).
Seeing around $16+ on ebay for the 8gbs. Kinda looking for a small one since I rarely get imports and when I do, I typically avoid the Asia one and get the Japan one.

Will I be alright playing the R3 FFX & FFX-2 carts on the same memory card as my English games? I know I'll get the trophies just fine, but I didn't think about whether the memory card would have to be different.

Will I be alright playing the R3 FFX & FFX-2 carts on the same memory card as my English games? I know I'll get the trophies just fine, but I didn't think about whether the memory card would have to be different.
I believe you should be fine. Pretty much the only thing you wont be able to do is get DLC for your games...since the PSN needs to be set up for that.

I believe you should be fine. Pretty much the only thing you wont be able to do is get DLC for your games...since the PSN needs to be set up for that.
That's a relief, since there's no DLC to get for that anyway. Thanks.

...But I'm still fine for the trophies, right? Even though they're tracked through PSN, I'll still get them in my US account despite playing R3 carts?

That's a relief, since there's no DLC to get for that anyway. Thanks.

...But I'm still fine for the trophies, right? Even though they're tracked through PSN, I'll still get them in my US account despite playing R3 carts?
I got a few Project Diva F 2nd Trophies on my US account before changing regions so it should be alright.

If only there was a way to transfer the DLCs over from the PSN to another PSN so I can get the trophies too. One can only dream
Yeah it's a real pain what Sony did for the Vita. I wish there was a way to unify PSN accounts, or at least have a main account (like we all do we register our systems with Sony) able to be associated with the different PSNs so everything syncs....bad choice IMHO for Sony there, though IMHO they've made some lame choices with the Vita anyway with the pricing of the memory cards and this PSN thing, but they are getting better at least.

I preordered Danganronpa 2 LE as well but I am dissapointed it was $60. The extras suck and I would have rather had just the box, artbook, and CD set for $50.

Did you ever find out more about this?

I want the game but didnt know there was supposed to be a difference somehow.

^ Been waiting for over a year now for a knock off. Yeah...Not happening at this rate ;; It's what kept me from getting a PS Vita for such a long time too, those prices. 

I admit it I got a slightly used vita (one slight scratch that's about it). Also only cost about 106 so I got to use the money saved for a memory card (32 gig was about 80 dollars at the time). I'm glad prices are slightly better now for the memory cards.

I picked up my white vita from cowboom for $130~ Was a Grade 6 but it looking freaking brand new when I received it which had me shocked. The packaging was ridiculously poor tho, if it had rained that day, then my Vita would have possibly been damaged. 

Btw, for PS Vita users:

Has anyone tried this method and gotten trophies to work after?

On an alternate memory card connected to the PSN of another region (Jp for example), download the game you want to play and DLCs. Copied the game to PC via Content Manager, then copied it again to the memory card connected to your main US PSN. I know this method works in that the game will be playable BUT, I'm curious as to whether or not trophies will be working. Can't experiment on this till my game arrives in 1-2 weeks.

Btw, for PS Vita users:

Has anyone tried this method and gotten trophies to work after?

On an alternate memory card connected to the PSN of another region (Jp for example), download the game you want to play and DLCs. Copied the game to PC via Content Manager, then copied it again to the memory card connected to your main US PSN. I know this method works in that the game will be playable BUT, I'm curious as to whether or not trophies will be working. Can't experiment on this till my game arrives in 1-2 weeks.
That won't work. When you download the game, the game file is tagged to the account you downloaded it with. You won't even be able to launch the game.

That won't work. When you download the game, the game file is tagged to the account you downloaded it with. You won't even be able to launch the game.
It apparently works with games you have the physical copy of. Some people do it to play the foreign DLCs while on their US account but I can't seem to find a clear answer as to what it does to trophies.

It apparently works with games you have the physical copy of. Some people do it to play the foreign DLCs while on their US account but I can't seem to find a clear answer as to what it does to trophies.
Yes, physical copies work, but you were talking about downloaded games which are completely different. Regarding trophies I'd assume that would work fine. I know that if you download a PS3 game from EU and then play it using an NA account the trophies work, anyway.

AngelsPlight, on 05 Jun 2014 - 9:23 PM, said:
do you have more info about that, I read that the dlc is locked to your Japanese account so I am not sure if that would work, the gamefaqs board as indicated as such, and if it does work, do you still have to change you vita first then find the dlc, download, upload to pc, change vita backover, reupload us account, then also transfer Japanese data? this is confusing.

I picked up my white vita from cowboom for $130~ Was a Grade 6 but it looking freaking brand new when I received it which had me shocked. The packaging was ridiculously poor tho, if it had rained that day, then my Vita would have possibly been damaged.
I just ordered a grade 6 from them yesterday, said it only had "some fine scratches" so I hope it's in the same condition as yours! :)

LMAO!
This is worse than Senran Kagura! I dunno if I could manage to play it even if they localized it... it's pushing my awkwardness boundaries, which I had considered to be pretty lenient. I just don't know how i could justify face-fucking anime girls with chocolate-covered bananas.
My thoughts exactly. I just finished playing Conception 2 and the classmating scenes were difficult enough to explain to my wife, lol. In that same thought, I can't promise I won't buy this in the event its released in the US in a physical copy.

Prudes. It looked pretty tame to me other than that mini game and I find the Monster Monpiece rubbing game just as bad as that mini game. It looks like a pretty average game though. If I was getting any games with guns and tanks and such I would want Girls Und Panzer...looks fun. I would take both though.

I think the Senran Kagura cooking rhythm game that we are getting is a bit more risque than this. Seems like much more stripping overall in that. I know giving a girl a chocolate banana or that weird tube snack thing seems pretty wrong, but what makes it it a bit worse is the touching actions and such. Whoever is in the video is getting a lot of negative points for pushing at the girl's breasts....take it easy dude in the video and wait till she's ready....horn dog.

So for my 2 cents I want both games....and i'm very desensitized and see no wrong in that video other than the stupid mini game with pretty horrible graphics there anyway.

Prudes. It looked pretty tame to me other than that mini game and I find the Monster Monpiece rubbing game just as bad as that mini game. It looks like a pretty average game though. If I was getting any games with guns and tanks and such I would want Girls Und Panzer...looks fun. I would take both though.

I think the Senran Kagura cooking rhythm game that we are getting is a bit more risque than this. Seems like much more stripping overall in that. I know giving a girl a chocolate banana or that weird tube snack thing seems pretty wrong, but what makes it it a bit worse is the touching actions and such. Whoever is in the video is getting a lot of negative points for pushing at the girl's breasts....take it easy dude in the video and wait till she's ready....horn dog.

So for my 2 cents I want both games....and i'm very desensitized and see no wrong in that video other than the stupid mini game with pretty horrible graphics there anyway.
i agree. Pretty much on the same boat as you. :lol:

LMAO!
This is worse than Senran Kagura! I dunno if I could manage to play it even if they localized it... it's pushing my awkwardness boundaries, which I had considered to be pretty lenient. I just don't know how i could justify face-fucking anime girls with chocolate-covered bananas.
With whip cream? :whee:

Jk

I watched the trailer to see what all the fuss was about. I don't see that ever coming over here unless it gets censored. Not being a prude, but I know we get a lot of censored stuff here too

Agreed. I'm not offended, care what people think, or anything at all. To me it's just a game, and all the fanservice shenanigans are hilarious. I'd def buy this if it came over uncensored. I just know how the US is. Guns/violence = ok, boobs = the devil.

I just ordered a grade 6 from them yesterday, said it only had "some fine scratches" so I hope it's in the same condition as yours! :)
They might be. My brother ordered a grade 5 and a 6 during their 99.99 sale and both also came as if brand new. One ofem even had the original box and all manuals + 30 day free PS+ trial untouched.

p4ultimax_thumb.jpg

Box Art of P4U

That Bullet Girls looks like one of those fun, weird, D3 PS2 budget games, I could see it getting translated for NA, but only as a digital release. The stuff in there is definitely perverted, but I don't think it's going to bring an end to civilized society.

The stuff in there is definitely perverted, but I don't think it's going to bring an end to civilized society.
Japanese developers in that sense always shine with their level of pervertedness. They reach new heights every time, whether it's improved bouncing or making cute things even more cuter. Creativity has no limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back