Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really have to get around to playing my games. I still haven't played a persona game or shin migami tensi games, though I think I have all of the console releases. I keep hoping I'll find some opened copies in the wild.

p4ultimax_thumb.jpg

Box Art of P4U
Hold on, I just realized something--if Adachi is a DLC character included in first-run copies, why is he on the cover? That would mean future print runs would be displaying a character you'd have to buy to use. :???:

Hold on, I just realized something--if Adachi is a DLC character included in first-run copies, why is he on the cover? That would mean future print runs would be displaying a character you'd have to buy to use. :???:
ASW did that with Terumi for CP and Kokonoe for the Vita version. They're on the cover.

#swag

Whose hand is at the top, though? Fingers crossed for blue Jesus.

Bullet Girls looks a little ho-hum. I love ecchi as much as the next dude, but the core gameplay looks to be lacking. I'm sure I'd get a lot more out of it I could read moon.
Sho's hand.

I agree with you on that. It's probably useless to hope, but dammit, I will still hope for him to make some form of appearance.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="11820660" timestamp="1402101658"]I couldn't find Rorona Plus on the in-store kiosk at Best Buy, so it might really be delisted.[/quote
Yeah it is. Total bs. It was available for only one week and shipping only. If you search for it nothing comes up and if you go to the old link it says no longer available. I'm sure glad i wasted money on gcu. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/atelier-rorona-plus-the-alchemist-of-arland-playstation-3/6708157.p?id=1219236790346&skuId=6708157
So did anyone here preorder it, and if so, what does your order say (assuming it wasn't cancelled outright)?

I'm really getting annoyed with best buy when it comes to preorders. This just reminds me of how they broke the release date on BF4 PS4 and I was unable to preorder that for the promo even though every other retailer was still taking preorders at the time. However, that's getting off topic. Hopefully they bring this back since we still have 2+weeks. I message KT to let them know of the situation.

Does nisamerica shop charge for preorders when you place your order or when you ship? I was having trouble preordering the DanganRonpa 2 LE yesterday.

Hmmm this is making me nervous. I have a few niche games I want to order from BB that are being released within the next few months, but I like to pre-order with PayPal (instant charge so the money is gone from my account and the reoccurring pending charge doesn't throw off my checking balance). With that said, I don't want several hundred dollars gone from my account at once and I like to space them out at least a month before their release. Rorona Plus doesn't strike me as a game that would sell out so fast over other upcoming titles (like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus). I wonder if they changed their mind about carrying it, or only planned to carry a very limited amount?

Hmmm this is making me nervous. I have a few niche games I want to order from BB that are being released within the next few months, but I like to pre-order with PayPal (instant charge so the money is gone from my account and the reoccurring pending charge doesn't throw off my checking balance). With that said, I don't want several hundred dollars gone from my account at once and I like to space them out at least a month before their release. Rorona Plus doesn't strike me as a game that would sell out so fast over other upcoming titles (like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus). I wonder if they changed their mind about carrying it, or only planned to carry a very limited amount?
Best Buy did the same thing with Mind Zero and it appears they are limiting orders of niche titles. I suspect they are getting a high proportion of preorders for these games from GCU members and they likely make no profit from those sales so I doubt they will restock any of these once their initial allocation is exhausted.

Why not just buy a Best Buy Gift Card and then preorder the game that way? While shipping the item from BBY.com is probably the safest way to ensure your copy (I've had a couple of times where Best Buy In-Store Pickup didn't have my item), you could always preorder in store where they only require a $5 deposit.

Honestly I think the safest route is just buying gift cards and placing the order that way. It's essentially the same as PayPal since PayPal would take the funds out immediately as well. By purchasing gift cards you don't have to deal with reoccurring charges, etc. You could also split out your purchases where you have a couple you purchase via gift card and they other few with PayPal. This way you could still effectively split out purchases between months. Still, that doesn't necessarily address stock and rarity of certain items.

Best Buy did the same thing with Mind Zero and it appears they are limiting orders of niche titles. I suspect they are getting a high proportion of preorders for these games from GCU members and they likely make no profit from those sales so I doubt they will restock any of these once their initial allocation is exhausted.
Wow. way to worry me more :(

Hitgaming on Amazon is usually a miss, but on eBay they're pretty nuts. I put Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza: Dead Souls yesterday in my cart. I didn't check out yet, and the asking price was about $25.61.  I came back later, and the price changed again, so I jumped in at exactly $25.

There will always be otaku pandering
That seems to be the case for the Vita. Which I don't mind at all, as long as it doesn't mean that most of the titles will end up being like this on the Vita. Most of the content doesn't bother me (I'm interested in Conception II after all, and even that's pretty tame) My only problem is all these 'pandering' Mini-Games with their simplistic controls/gameplay.

It's like the questionable/censored scenes on South Park: The Stick of Truth, I thought we had moved on from just button-mashing/filling up gauge mechanics guess not. If only they added more Western titles to the Vita. Even though it feels like it'll end up as the handheld for the niche market. I do however miss franchises like Shadow Hearts, Wild Arms and Suikoden.

carry limited amount, example demon gaze, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP all sold out during preorder phase before release date

Heads up for Class of Heroes 2G! Check out the front page: http://www.gaijinworks.com/
Woot it's best to give some details though.

$49.99 + 4 S/H for US shipping and more for Canada and international shipping. You have until June 13th to get signed up to get notified about the presale (I'm sure we'll link on here).

Presale will open up the week after E3 and will stay open for a month.

The edition includes a full color disc label, full color 2-sided box insert, full color manual, and serial numbered hologram on the package.

I love myself some dungeon crawlers and haven't played the first or second of these games so i'll gladly get the physical PS3 version, esp since I don't own a PSP for the older version...plus the HDs!!

Woot it's best to give some details though.

$49.99 + 4 S/H for US shipping and more for Canada and international shipping. You have until June 13th to get signed up to get notified about the presale (I'm sure we'll link on here).

Presale will open up the week after E3 and will stay open for a month.

The edition includes a full color disc label, full color 2-sided box insert, full color manual, and serial numbered hologram on the package.

I love myself some dungeon crawlers and haven't played the first or second of these games so i'll gladly get the physical PS3 version, esp since I don't own a PSP for the older version...plus the HDs!!
And the coolest feature of all IMO is how you can use either a Vita or PSP as a controller and get the whole second screen experience a la Wii U. Here's a video showing it off, w/ what's on the second screen showing in the bottom-right corner - looks like it's being used for the map, enemy data, etc. Very, very cool! :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaZBnXR75Dg[/youtube]

How is Guided Fate Paradox? I'm a big Disgaea fan and it looks pretty similar.

Anyone played it? Thoughts.

Thanks.
It's not much like Disgaea other than the graphics comparing to earlier non HD versions. It compares to the old rogue games such as Azure Dreams. I enjoyed what I played so far (3 worlds beaten I believe) though sometimes the dialogue drags a bit. The difficulty ramps up so it doesn't feel too easy.

I'm enjoying Guided Fate Paradox, but it doesn't play at all like Disgaea.  It does handle the rogue-like combat pretty well.  It's fun to play.  The story is ridiculous, which is good, because that's what I expected.  

How is Guided Fate Paradox? I'm a big Disgaea fan and it looks pretty similar.

Anyone played it? Thoughts.

Thanks.
as others said nothing like disgaea

overall it's decently enjoyable, but I wish there was a lot less story... the pacing of the game is terrible... do a 5 minute dungeon watch a 5-10 min cut scene usually containing only a few seconds of plot of interest... I mean the story is kind of fun, but it really drags the game down for me.

There's a lot of RPG's coming out. Xblaze, Mind Zero, Rebirth 1, Fairy Fencer, Natural Doctrine, Senran, among many others.
whats rebirth 1? never heard of it.

nor xblaze

I'm excited a little for fair fencer f cause its gameplay looks alot like arc the lad 4's.

natural doctrine looked good until I saw that awful camera.

whats rebirth 1? never heard of it.

nor xblaze

I'm excited a little for fair fencer f cause its gameplay looks alot like arc the lad 4's.

natural doctrine looked good until I saw that awful camera.
Rebirth 1 is a PS Vita Remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 with some enhancements and a better battle system.

Xblaze is a Visual Novel that serves as a form of prequel to Blazblue (fighting game series) in some way

Rebirth 1 is a PS Vita Remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 with some enhancements and a better battle system.

Xblaze is a Visual Novel that serves as a form of prequel to Blazblue (fighting game series) in some way
Xblaze sounds interesting. I do love VNs and Blazblue.

does rebirth have a FIRM DATE or still a PLACEMENT DATE... it was JULY 29 now i think its AUG Or sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back