Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the blog post (and Shahid's tweet) were mixups. FF Type-O is not coming to Vita at all at this time, just XB1/PS4.
At least another reason to end up getting either of the systems down the road. Still need '5' or more and a lot more JRPG's/RPG's before I make that choice though and a nice and affordable price. (Planning on getting all 3 systems anyways)

Personally, Type 0 seems right for a Vita release. For X1 and PS4, are they just going to do what they did for the other HD Releases on the 360/PS3? Or is it going to be Halo Combat Anniversary status? :lol:

PS4 baby for Type 0. Enjoy your translation people...I will enjoy it when it comes out in HD glory.
It better be super HD.

I'm excited for SAO...even though it's digital only and even though the gameplay looks just OK. I hope the story is alright and some development with Waifus....that's about all I ask. 

I was never a fan of FFXII's story. I'm not much for very political stories though...so I found it boring. I didn't finish the game though but put 58 hours into it haha. Also really was not a fan of the MMO battles either. I thought it was overrated at the time except for the graphics.

Persona 4 Ultimax Gamestop Pre Order Bonuses

Pre-order Persona 4 Arena Ultimax now to receive an exclusive Teddie Bop Bag and Tarot Cards!

Pre-order Persona 4 Arena Ultimax now and receive the following:

• Eleven Persona Tarot Cards
  • Exclusive Inflatable 18" Teddie Bop Bag
Not really into the Pre Order bonuses. Hoping other retailers have better options. :lol:

I love political stories (though this one is not the best its still good) and I really enjoyed the combat. One of the very few RPGs where I did most of the side quests and I have played a lot.

In other news I picked up Time & Eternity for $10. I am going to regret this arent I?

Pre-order Persona 4 Arena Ultimax now to receive an exclusive Teddie Bop Bag and Tarot Cards!

Not really into the Pre Order bonuses. Hoping other retailers have better options. :lol:
I like getting the rest of the Persona cards.....the Teddie Bop Bag is kind of funny but at least it doesn't cost anything extra. Not the best and I'm not very happy seeing the Tarot cards split up either.

Well, guess I have to get both games for the set.

Edit -- the hell with it. Backlog is greater than any set of tarot cards.

Note for those getting SAO. Romancing in this game is my god, the most tedious thing ever, having to spend 2~ hours on each character just pressing R to max affection rank. Have to do it to about 6 characters for trophies and it is kind of required unless you plan on the heroines being stuck with default armor for the game. An alternate way is to battle and praise them every time they do something right but that approach would take around maybe a day and a half per character. 

Edit: You game over if your waifu dies in battle. 

Not for those getting SAO. Romancing in this game is my god, the most tedious thing ever, having to spend 2~ hours on each character just pressing R to max affection rank. Have to do it to about 6 characters for trophies and it is kind of required unless you plan on the heroines being stuck with default armor for the game. An alternate way is to battle and praise them every time they do something right but that approach would take around maybe a day and a half per character.
Dat waifu power. :lol:

Note for those getting SAO. Romancing in this game is my god, the most tedious thing ever, having to spend 2~ hours on each character just pressing R to max affection rank. Have to do it to about 6 characters for trophies and it is kind of required unless you plan on the heroines being stuck with default armor for the game. An alternate way is to battle and praise them every time they do something right but that approach would take around maybe a day and a half per character.

Edit: You game over if your waifu dies in battle.
I'm currently platinuming Conception and all I have left is the "events" with the ladies. I really with I had followed a guide cause the game is losing the appeal.

10414479_10152171240038339_3906607488176654648_n.png

Atlus announced the bonus for P4A Ultimax.

I'm currently platinuming Conception and all I have left is the "events" with the ladies. I really with I had followed a guide cause the game is losing the appeal.
Well SAOs is easy. You pretty much only need to invite the girl to your party, find a conversation spot and keep pressing the R button to max out the enjoyment bar. It is however a long tedious process cause the bar fills up ridiculously slow at rank 4/5, needing to complete about 30-40 conversations which takes around an hour.

In an email from Atlus, they stated:

set #2 of the iconic tarot cards from the Persona series. (Set #1 will be included with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.)

If premium editions aren't your thing, we are doing a limited first-run printing with the regular version of Persona Q, which will also contain set #2 of the tarot cards.
So it's likely that the first run of Ultimax will also include set 1 for those who don't want to order from GS.

The tarot cards included with Persona Q annoys me. First of all, it's part 2/2. Second of all, it's only 11 cards. A tarot deck isn't 22 cards. That's just the trump cards. It's missing the other 56 cards to be a tarot deck.
Persona though, only has 22 arcana.

Darn, I was hoping the Persona Q LE was $50. At $80, I'll definitely have to either wait for Best Buy or just pre-order the regular edition for the cards.

Is there confirmation that the first print run of P4AU will have the other set of tarot cards? I'm not opposed to pre-ordering from Gamestop but I'd rather get it from Best Buy.

Pre-orders are open on Best Buy. Answer to if you'll get the goods, here's what they said on Facebook when announcing the pre-order:

https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/photos/a.476821723338.256580.60258013338/10152171240038339/

Bop your way through Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with this Teddie Bop Bag. Perhaps you prefer fighting with your Persona? Find your true self with Part I of the Persona Tarot card collection! (Part 2 will be included with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.) Goods limited to first-run copies of the game.http://atlus.com/p4au/purchase.html

Best Buy is one of the sites listed for pre-orders too. Direct links are:

PS3:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-4-arena-ultimax-playstation-3/5896008.p;jsessionid=FFFDC7C53567AF238B0CD20406088F67.bbolsp-app02-104?id=1219172425074&skuId=5896008&st=persona%204%20arena&lp=4&cp=1

Xbox 360:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-4-arena-ultimax-xbox-360/5896017.p;jsessionid=FFFDC7C53567AF238B0CD20406088F67.bbolsp-app02-104?id=1219172425073&skuId=5896017&st=persona%204%20arena&lp=2&cp=1

Weird I pre ordered ce's and even my ps4 from amazon and they always sent them in a box secured with the bubble wrap stuff
Depends on how big the CE is. If it's too big to fit in a bubble envelope, then you do get decent packing in a box at Amazon. But if it's a smaller CE in size, then they put it in a bubble mailer and you are likely screwed.

For past 3DS CEs, most of them have come in bubble mailers from Amazon for me, but the Kingdom Hearts Mark of Mastery edition, which is too big to fit in one, came packed well in a box.

Does Best Buy preorders allow for store pick up? I prefer store pick up preorders so I can get it on time. Which is why i like Game stop since the store is like 5 minutes from my home, best buy being 3 minutes and on the way.
The BB website doesn't allow that game to be picked up in-store. If you want to pick it up in store you'll have to place the preorder in-store.

Darn, I was hoping the Persona Q LE was $50. At $80, I'll definitely have to either wait for Best Buy or just pre-order the regular edition for the cards.

Is there confirmation that the first print run of P4AU will have the other set of tarot cards? I'm not opposed to pre-ordering from Gamestop but I'd rather get it from Best Buy.
Yup, the preorder bonus for P4AU are first-print. So all retailers should have it.

The current announced bonus are a Teddie Bop Bag, and Set 1 Tarot Cards. More bonuses to be announced.

Pre-orders are open on Best Buy. Answer to if you'll get the goods, here's what they said on Facebook when announcing the pre-order:

https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/photos/a.476821723338.256580.60258013338/10152171240038339/

Bop your way through Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with this Teddie Bop Bag. Perhaps you prefer fighting with your Persona? Find your true self with Part I of the Persona Tarot card collection! (Part 2 will be included with Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth.) Goods limited to first-run copies of the game.http://atlus.com/p4au/purchase.html

Best Buy is one of the sites listed for pre-orders too. Direct links are:
PS3:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-4-arena-ultimax-playstation-3/5896008.p;jsessionid=FFFDC7C53567AF238B0CD20406088F67.bbolsp-app02-104?id=1219172425074&skuId=5896008&st=persona%204%20arena&lp=4&cp=1

Xbox 360:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/persona-4-arena-ultimax-xbox-360/5896017.p;jsessionid=FFFDC7C53567AF238B0CD20406088F67.bbolsp-app02-104?id=1219172425073&skuId=5896017&st=persona%204%20arena&lp=2&cp=1
Is the bop bag and cards available at all retailers? GS mentioned that it is included but I didn't see anything on BB about it.

Yup, the preorder bonus for P4AU are first-print. So all retailers should have it.

The current announced bonus are a Teddie Bop Bag, and Set 1 Tarot Cards. More bonuses to be announced.
Cool, thanks. Going to go ahead and pre-order that now.

Too bad Type 0 isn't coming to the Vita, but I'm happy it's coming stateside regardless. I have been foaming at the mouth at Sony not releasing this stateside for the PSP, but I'll happily buy it for the PS4.

Nice work Sony. You have redeemed yourselves.

Better than nothing. In for a preorder.

I only want to know if Type 0 is true HD, taking advantage of the PS4/X1, or it's just an upscale. If it was just an upscale, Vita/PS3 would've been a better thing to do imo.

Well I apologize that it's fact that Kingdom Hearts is much better than Final Fantasy XII and Valkyria Chronicles.
I can see how those games might be a bit too difficult for you since youre use to just mashing the x button to get the next scene where you get to listen to a bunch of 8 years old talk to each other.

Super hyped for Type-0 on PS4. Also, FFXII was excellent. (Especially the international zodiac job system version)

I doubt it's gonna look better than it currently does on my PC.
I'm going to play it on my Vita next time a good Vita hack comes out. I bought a 2nd Vita just for emulation and games not on PSN. Looking forward to Star Ocean 1+2, FFT WotL (slowdown patched--I do own the game on PSN, just don't want to play the crap version), FF1+2 Anniversary Editions, etc.. Hoping that the La Pucelle: Ragnarok, too.

I love political stories (though this one is not the best its still good) and I really enjoyed the combat. One of the very few RPGs where I did most of the side quests and I have played a lot.

In other news I picked up Time & Eternity for $10. I am going to regret this arent I?
It's hilariously bad. The animation honestly reminded me of the Zelda CDI games with the characters doing tons of hand gestures that don't match what's being said(along with the fact they repeat them a lot).The voice actors clearly don't give a shit and just phone it in but you can't blame them with characters this generic and a really bad script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back