Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of want that Lime Green PSVita from Japan....why did America not get cool colors and also why did the Vita sell out everywhere. Good another batch is coming in at least....Vita has to live!!!!

Bestbuy has pricematch amazon's $10 promo on  natural doctrine promo on  preordering ps3/ps4 version

NAtURAL DOCtRINE ps3

NAtURAL DOCtRINE ps4
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat336100050003&type=category&h=387

Free $10 Gift Card
when you pre-order Natural Doctrine

When you add the game to your cart, a free gift card will be automatically added as well. Plus free shipping.

and $5 gc for preordering on  ps vita

NAtURAL DOCtRINE

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat336100050004&type=category&h=387

Free $5 Gift Card

When you add the PS Vita game to your cart, a free gift card will be automatically added as well. Plus free shipping.

Bestbuy has pricematch amazon's $10 promo on natural doctrine promo on preordering ps3/ps4 version

NAtURAL DOCtRINE ps3

NAtURAL DOCtRINE ps4
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat336100050003&type=category&h=387

Free $10 Gift Card

When you add the game to your cart, a free gift card will be automatically added as well. Plus free shipping.

and $5 gc for preordering on ps vita

NAtURAL DOCtRINE

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat336100050004&type=category&h=387

Free $5 Gift Card

When you add the PS Vita game to your cart, a free gift card will be automatically added as well. Plus free shipping.
Hmm...I've heard "meh" things about this one, though I could see it working best on Vita. That $5 GC would bring the "total" down to under $30. :whistle2:k

Criminal Girls will be censored. Pre-order canceled.
The punishment minigame will still be present. They're cutting out moaning and adding more steam to some of the scenes, is what I've heard.

If you're against any censorship, no worries, but just thought I'd give you this information in case you hadn't heard it.

That trailer is the cheesiest thing ever.
^ but it does look intertesting. Judging by the kiss at the end it looks like that silent robot may actually be a person?

also lulz at jyb being the mc. couldn't of picked a better candidate xD anyway the game sure looks a hell of alot better than the 3rd did and a hell of alot less perverted.

^ but it does look intertesting. Judging by the kiss at the end it looks like that silent robot may actually be a person?

also lulz at jyb being the mc. couldn't of picked a better candidate xD anyway the game sure looks a hell of alot better than the 3rd did and a hell of alot less perverted.
Other than the "Purification Ceremonies"...

The music seems more like Ar Tonelico than the sequels. I thought AT1 had the best soundtrack out of the three.

Other than the "Purification Ceremonies"...

The music seems more like Ar Tonelico than the sequels. I thought AT1 had the best soundtrack out of the three.
i believe the purification ceremonies you are referring to is this, which starts at 2:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhXv7llstO8

I really wish NISA would hurry up with their teased announcement already....will check out this Trailer but I really want to know what NISA is brewing for this series...if they're teasing this series.

I need to watch it again I guess. I didn't really notice anything cheesy. The English VOs sound cheesy, but they always do to me.

One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition is back and available at bestbuy.com for those who wants it at the gcu price.
Just preordered the Gamestop exclusive Vita version for /shudder retail price. Might still buy the PS3 version too. Hoping it stays in stock for at least a week or two so I can get my Vita version and see if I want to double dip. Going to check to see if it has separate trophies right now. If they are the same then I can wait out getting the PS3 version cheaper if at all.

Just preordered the Gamestop exclusive Vita version for /shudder retail price. Might still buy the PS3 version too. Hoping it stays in stock for at least a week or two so I can get my Vita version and see if I want to double dip. Going to check to see if it has separate trophies right now. If they are the same then I can wait out getting the PS3 version cheaper if at all.
They share a trophy list. The only real difference is how each version earns the trophy for completing a quest in Multiplayer Mode--the Vita version requires ad-hoc while the PS3 version uses split-screen (so you'd need a second controller).

the gamestop vita version will mostly like be rare.

They share a trophy list.
I checked ps3trophies.org and that's what it looks like. Disappoint. :(

Guess I'll just stick with the Vita version for now.

the gamestop vita version will mostly like be rare.
Probably, I'm not willing to take the chance that it will when I want to own every Vita cart (at least U.S. releases-I'm only importing a few for now with no plans to try and round up EVERY single release for the Vita, at least as of yet). Are there any rarities in general that are hard to come by and rising in price that I should be aware of? It's been my experience that most Vita games are still fairly easy to acquire for reasonable prices but then I might be missing some, especially when we are talking about some of these sweet niche titles.

Probably, I'm not willing to take the chance that it will when I want to own every Vita cart (at least U.S. releases-I'm only importing a few for now with no plans to try and round up EVERY single release for the Vita, at least as of yet). Are there any rarities in general that are hard to come by and rising in price that I should be aware of? It's been my experience that most Vita games are still fairly easy to acquire for reasonable prices but then I might be missing some, especially when we are talking about some of these sweet niche titles.
Sounds like me as I want physical versions of every Vita game I'm going to own if possible. Think the only one i'm missing so far is Muramasa but that one isn't too rare. For some like One Piece Unlimited World REed and Tales of Hearts R I recommend buying early as they both likely have limited physical runs.

Sounds like me as I want physical versions of every Vita game I'm going to own if possible. Think the only one i'm missing so far is Muramasa but that one isn't too rare. For some like One Piece Unlimited World REed and Tales of Hearts R I recommend buying early as they both likely have limited physical runs.
they are both gamestop exclusive. gamestop must have a lot of pull to make it so.

I already hate the exclusive Gamestop DLC for some niche releases such as the Winter Miku module for Project Diva F before and the swimsuit DLC for Rorona Plus. I usually like to have these. Also happened with Tales of Graces F costumes. I'm a sucker for these though.....and if I don't use them they're an easy flip on Ebay.

Yea I'll have to preorder Tales too, but I'll wait till we are closer to release to do so. I'm trying preordering online for in-store pickup which I've never done before so I want to see how it'll play out. I know the employees in-store could really use the preorder for their numbers but I don't want to take the chance my order gets misplaced or lost as it has in the past. I preordered Pokemon Gold and Silver and the clerk lost my preorder slip. It was a nightmare to get them to take my $5 off each game and I'd rather not go through that again. I realize that was the old paper system that has long since been replaced, but I'll never forget and would rather avoid the risk. Plus I've preordered niche titles before (don't even remember which ones anymore but it has happened a couple times) and then the store didn't get any in at all and I had to go hunting for the game. I'm hoping this way I have a much better shot of getting it without having to resort to paying for shipping.

regarding Natural Doctrine, apparently one of the game's mechanic is  you get a game over if any characters fall in battle, so you're forced to keep everyone alive. LOL i have never play / heard a game like this

regarding Natural Doctrine, apparently one of the game's mechanic is you get a game over if any characters fall in battle, so you're forced to keep everyone alive. LOL i have never play / heard a game like this
I swear I knew at least 1 more game like this... I think Natural Doctrine will be one of the September releases I wait on...though it looks fun IMHO. I'll likely get P4Arena: Ultimax in its place.

I swear I knew at least 1 more game like this... I think Natural Doctrine will be one of the September releases I wait on...though it looks fun IMHO. I'll likely get P4Arena: Ultimax in its place.
before finding out this, i just assume it will be similar to xcom enemy unknown. you lose the game once your whole party dies. also there are no differences between the 3 versions.

Speaking of imports, I've been wanting to snag the WRC Vita carts for a while and just happened to see a seller on Amazon that has #3 listed under used but his description says new/sealed and he only wants $19.99. Even if it's not new/sealed it's cheaper than I've found it anywhere else and as long as it's complete I'm a happy camper. Added bonus I just cashed in some Bing Rewards credit so it cost me nothing.

regarding Natural Doctrine, apparently one of the game's mechanic is you get a game over if any characters fall in battle, so you're forced to keep everyone alive. LOL i have never play / heard a game like this
Isn't that how Fire Emblem and Valkyria Chronicles is?

Before the typing flurry begins yes I realize that's NOT the case for those games, but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let anyone die in a mission.

Before the typing flurry begins yes I realize that's NOT the case for those games, but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let anyone die in a mission.
Agreed. There's only one exception and that's if I'm doing a Gaiden Chapter playthrough. Like for Shadow Dragon. Then all the scrubs will have to die for the glorious Prince Marth and his will to play additional chapters!

I got tired of Nancy in VC saying oopsie I dropped my bullets.... because of her decent skills I couldn't get myself to stop using her... so I kind of.... killed her off.... so I wouldn't have a choice... only character in my completed VC that is dead

I always restart a mission when one of my comrades accidentally die. Like hell I'll continue on with a casualty

ymmv but they had 4 big bins of clearance games for 9.98 at my walmart and I found rune factory 2 and they also had some other stuff like the dq's.

xcom maybe?

fire emblem had section like that too but they were pretty uncommon

as for below same here. Though Sometimes I kill off useless units or units I wont recruit as they are better as exp food like thieves or archers.

I always restart a mission when one of my comrades accidentally die. Like hell I'll continue on with a casualty

So Tales of Xillia 2 release date is getting closer and closer. Still no reason to get the $60 (NA) version?

Where is a recommended place to import the Day One EU version with metalpak? Even the rip-off $130 CE doesn't have a metalpak.

So I pre-ordered Class of Heroes 2G this morning and never got the confirmation email from Gaijinworks, although I did get one from Amazon payments. Guess I gotta email them, huh? Why does this shit always happen to me? :lol:

So I pre-ordered Class of Heroes 2G this morning and never got the confirmation email from Gaijinworks, although I did get one from Amazon payments. Guess I gotta email them, huh? Why does this shit always happen to me? :lol:
I didn't get a confirmation email from Gaijin til a day later or so if it helps

NIS America To Publish Ar noSurge Limited Edition In North America
ar_le_thumb.jpg

Ar noSurge: Ode to an Unborn Star will be localized and published by Koei Tecmo, but NIS America are pitching in with a limited edition release of the game in North America. The limited edition will contain the following:

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star for PS3
Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 26 pages)
Original soundtrack with jewel case
Ar nosurge poster (16″x23″)
Collector’s box

The limited edition will be released on September 23rd, the same day the game launches in North America.

Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo Europe have confirmed that the game’s localization will include dual-audio, featuring both Japanese and English voice tracks. A collector’s edition has not been announced for Europe yet, though.

NIS America To Publish Ar noSurge Limited Edition In North America
ar_le_thumb.jpg

Ar noSurge: Ode to an Unborn Star will be localized and published by Koei Tecmo, but NIS America are pitching in with a limited edition release of the game in North America. The limited edition will contain the following:

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star for PS3
Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 26 pages)
Original soundtrack with jewel case
Ar nosurge poster (16″x23″)
Collector’s box

The limited edition will be released on September 23rd, the same day the game launches in North America.

Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo Europe have confirmed that the game’s localization will include dual-audio, featuring both Japanese and English voice tracks. A collector’s edition has not been announced for Europe yet, though.
i wonder if it will sell out, seeing as a game like the natural doctrine ce sold out. and that white haired girl on the cover reminds me of illya from fate stay night visual novel series by type-moon. the brown haired guy reminds of the guy on the cover of tales of heart r.
100149brp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back