Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow wow wow....that LE....I need it so bad....it will sell out before release...I can bet on that...with 1 of my orders as one of those copies! Ar No Surge bring back the spirit of Ar Tornelico 1 and 2 that I missed so much...or at least be fun!

I also wonder why everyone always ask if a NISA store LE is exclusive just about 100% of them are nowadays. LEs aren't very common in the wild anymore for NISA games.

Well, just pre-ordered Fairy Fencer and Ar no Surge LEs. NISA sure do know how to separate me from my money. I also have Danganronpa 2 LE coming my way that month, too....

before finding out this, i just assume it will be similar to xcom enemy unknown. you lose the game once your whole party dies. also there are no differences between the 3 versions.
No difference between Natural Doctrine PS4/PS3/PSV? If I get it for PS4 am I basically getting the same graphics fidelity I would from a PS3 or a PS Vita TV?

Well Best Buy has fixed the Persona Q Premium links so be wary of preorders that you have done
oh wow... they switched my preorder over to the normal edition without saying anything to me... I am going to leave it alone and give them the weekend but if they don't cancel my order or notify me of the change I am going to bitch up a storm. In no way do I expect them to have to honor the price mistake with the LE, but I do expect them to tell me it was a mistake and not just randomly change my order to what they meant it to be instead of what I ordered -_-

note: it still shows as the LE in my orders page, only when I click the order does it show the normal version now.

Olengie, I seriously hope that was trolling. Because, I cannot see how someone can be so uninformed. Regarding, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 4. I even said that the Japanese translation for Drakengard was Dragon On Dragoon, not the other way around.  :wall:

EDIT: Was I even speaking English? 

oh wow... they switched my preorder over to the normal edition without saying anything to me... I am going to leave it alone and give them the weekend but if they don't cancel my order or notify me of the change I am going to bitch up a storm. In no way do I expect them to have to honor the price mistake with the LE, but I do expect them to tell me it was a mistake and not just randomly change my order to what they meant it to be instead of what I ordered -_-

note: it still shows as the LE in my orders page, only when I click the order does it show the normal version now.
If you contact them and is nice about it, maybe they'll have a change of heart, and give you the LE for the standard price. It's worth a try,

You can do what some people in reddit did, which is call and they might make it premium or give you a gift card to essentially make it the same you paid

Olengie, I seriously hope that was trolling. Because, I cannot see how someone can be so uninformed. Regarding, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 4. I even said that the Japanese translation for Drakengard was Dragon On Dragoon, not the other way around. :wall:
We many never know Reno. Even the simple explanation didn't get the point across. "Legend of the Dragon Knight" :lol:

You can do what some people in reddit did, which is call and they might make it premium or give you a gift card to essentially make it the same you paid
This is what I did and they gave me the premium for the standard's price. :)

The Ar Nosurge CE *looks* nice, but nothing really stands out to me.  I like the artbook, but at only 26 pages, I was hoping it would be meatier. At $65, I'll most likely be passing on it. 

If you contact them and is nice about it, maybe they'll have a change of heart, and give you the LE for the standard price. It's worth a try,
When I say bitch up a storm, i really mean write a long email explaining my confusion and disappointment while being as curious as possible >.> I'm not exactly the type to fly off the handle.

I guess I will try shooting them an email, as I really hate phones and would rather have to pay full price for the CE then deal with CS on a phone @_@.

Good advice on calling them. I called and they sorted it out pretty quickly. The associate told me she had just helped someone with the same issue earlier so it was really painless.

can't remember if I mentioned it or not but my walmart in north east ohio had 3 large bins and a shelf of 9.98 clearance games.  I didn't look through everything and only bought a mario kart ds and rune factory 2.  Obviously since its clearance and walmart its ymmv but I'd thought I'd mention it.  Only other rpgs I remember seeing off hand are the ds dq games. I'd Imagine outside 5 those prices are average for new though

When I say bitch up a storm, i really mean write a long email explaining my confusion and disappointment while being as curious as possible >.> I'm not exactly the type to fly off the handle.

I guess I will try shooting them an email, as I really hate phones and would rather have to pay full price for the CE then deal with CS on a phone @_@.
There generally good but people just explode on them

Can anybody confirm for sure that North America is getting the "Day One Edition" of Tales of Xillia 2 because none of the retailers seem to make mention of it and I can't find any news saying specifically that North America is getting it.

Can anybody confirm for sure that North America is getting the "Day One Edition" of Tales of Xillia 2 because none of the retailers seem to make mention of it and I can't find any news saying specifically that North America is getting it.
No there won't be a day one for Xillia 2.

As far as we know that is correct.
Well this is very sad news. Don't know why NBG thinks we're second class citizens over here . Well no day one edition, no day one purchase, it's that simple. I guess I'll just wait for it to be 20-30 bucks around Black Friday then. I haven't finished Xillia 1 yet so no need to hurry.

So I pre-ordered Class of Heroes 2G this morning and never got the confirmation email from Gaijinworks, although I did get one from Amazon payments. Guess I gotta email them, huh? Why does this shit always happen to me? :lol:
Check your spam folder. I found mine in my spam folder.

Well this is very sad news. Don't know why NBG thinks we're second class citizens over here . Well no day one edition, no day one purchase, it's that simple. I guess I'll just wait for it to be 20-30 bucks around Black Friday then. I haven't finished Xillia 1 yet so no need to hurry.
Yeah but years old news. Graces and Xillia 1 didn't have a day one edition here either.

Same boat here. I will be waiting for a price drop - that is, if I want to play it after Xillia 1 - on this and just go from there.

Besides, I've preordered Hearts R and I still don't know what order I will play Graces F, Xillia 1, and that game in. -_-

The Ar Nosurge doesn't look bad, but I have to pass on it too. I'll be amazed if I get around to Neptunia Victory this year so if I preorder anything it will be Project Diva 2nd (without having played the first one).

Yeah but years old news. Graces and Xillia 1 didn't have a day one edition here either.
Hm? Xillia 1 had a Day 1 and a Limited Edition. Both were pretty much the same thing except the LE one had the DLC included. D1 was for EU and LE was in the US.

I liked tonelico 1 & 2 but the translation job on qoga was so bad i couldn't finish the game. Koei's translation on the latest atellier wasn't quite as bad, but combined with how dull it was, i couldnt finish that either. Do you guys have any reason to believe Surge is going to be a better effort?

I liked tonelico 1 & 2 but the translation job on qoga was so bad i couldn't finish the game. Koei's translation on the latest atellier wasn't quite as bad, but combined with how dull it was, i couldnt finish that either. Do you guys have any reason to believe Surge is going to be a better effort?
Hope.

Xillia 1 did, they called it the Limited Edition, not to be confused with the Collector's Edition. It came with a soundtrack, mini-art book, and some downloadable bonuses I think. All preorders of the regular edition were automatically updated to this version.

Xillia 1 did, they called it the Limited Edition, not to be confused with the Collector's Edition. It came with a soundtrack, mini-art book, and some downloadable bonuses I think. All preorders of the regular edition were automatically updated to this version.
Exactly, it seems like a step backwards to not do it for Xillia 2. I would really have liked the Steelbook.

Exactly, it seems like a step backwards to not do it for Xillia 2. I would really have liked the Steelbook.
Yeah, it's very disappointing. I would have bought the Day One edition day one. Now, I'm probably going to wait for price drops. Would have bought the CE if it had the steelbook as well, but I guess they only want to give that to Europe.

I just plain haven't finished Xillia 1...still working on Graces F....so a pass for me, but if it had a day one edition in America I would likely think about it and then pass haha.

The Xillia 1 LE was still available after price drop, so being CAG must of you guys would wait for a price drop even if there is a LE for Xillia 2.  However I did finish Xillia 1 and like it enough that I am getting the CE and the guide at full price.

The Xillia 1 LE was still available after price drop, so being CAG must of you guys would wait for a price drop even if there is a LE for Xillia 2. However I did finish Xillia 1 and like it enough that I am getting the CE and the guide at full price.
To be honest with you, I probably wouldn't have taken that risk on waiting for a price drop for myself at least. Any time I can get a steelbook with a game for MSRP, I just go ahead and do it day one if I'm sure I want the game anyway.

I was able to get the LE of Xillia for $20 last BF. Even if Xillia 2 had a day-one edition, I wouldn't bother with getting it day-one since you could probably gotten it for cheap later on down the line.

To be honest with you, I probably wouldn't have taken that risk on waiting for a price drop for myself at least. Any time I can get a steelbook with a game for MSRP, I just go ahead and do it day one if I'm sure I want the game anyway.
Yeah I would've bought it too to make sure i got it and to support Tales, but if they're gonna treat me like an undeserving second class citizen well then I can wait.

Well that makes me feel a little better I suppose as MetalPaks are nowhere near as cool as SteelBooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back