Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't see why a fan translation of the old version would interfere with the remake. Nobody tried to take down the SNES translation of Tales of Phantasia when the GBA version came to the states. Or the 40 other translations for that game on every platform ever. I was super psyched for Type-0 HD, even knowing the PSP version was available.

Of course, I wouldn't have rushed my fan translation out the door just to beat Square. I would have just let them announce their game, then reassure everyone that I was still working on the PSP version, and the that HD version would probably be better but mine is still cool too, we're not competing with Square, etc, etc.
Most fan translation stopped as soon as official released is confirmed, such as Tales of Graces Wii, Tales of Hearts DS and Soul Hacker PS1. Most groups are fan who want to support the original developer. They were already in contact with SE before all this.

Is Akiba's Trip the type of game that will drop in price a few months down the line? Debating whether or not to get it on day 1 from Best Buy for $32. Not sure if I'll play right away or backlog. If it's not going to get any lower then I may as well get it and play right away right before Tales Xillia 2.

I still want at least a digital PSP version. Don't have a PS4 or XB1 yet.

For this instance, I give Sega and Capcom some credit. Valkyrie Chronicles 3 and Ace Attorney Investigations 2's fan translation would have been probably the only way I would have been able to play either titles in English.

Gundam Reborn looks nice. Should I skip the previous Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games?

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors: Gundam game since the first one. I didn't have the motivation to finish it.

AukeySeven, on 21 Jul 2014 - 9:25 PM, said:
I use my japanese and asia account to download the dlcs then play on my USA account. All the dlcs are there and my US account and it gets all the saves and trophies.

Olengie, on 21 Jul 2014 - 9:26 PM, said:
Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid I couldn't do that.
am I missing something? I thought dlcs were locked to that regions account, how can you use those on your us account?

Pandora's Tower for Wii is down to $19.99 on Amazon, but with only 5 copies left.

Forum won't let me post the link because I have

I use my japanese and asia account to download the dlcs then play on my USA account. All the dlcs are there and my US account and it gets all the saves and trophies.
Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid I couldn't do that.
am I missing something? I thought dlcs were locked to that regions account, how can you use those on your us account?
I thought I read you could only have 1 psn ID on vita so how do you do this?

sidewalkhustla, on 22 Jul 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:
I thought I read you could only have 1 psn ID on vita so how do you do this?
well I think they are full of crap, are far as what you are asking unless its changed you can only have one account on a vita at a time, you have to factory reset to switch to another region

One can use DLC and games from other accounts--including those from other regions--on PS3 and PS4, but since Vita is locked to one account at a time, there's no way for that to work.

Looks like that Pandora's Tower deal's dead now.

For this instance, I give Sega and Capcom some credit. Valkyrie Chronicles 3 and Ace Attorney Investigations 2's fan translation would have been probably the only way I would have been able to play either titles in English.
It's not like a similar situation to those has never happened before with Square Enix (see: Front Mission 5).

This shows you how.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/the-vita-likes-dlc-from-multiple-psn-accounts/

I’ve always had a Hong Kong PSN account, because I made it when I lived there, but my girlfriend has an Australian account. Now that I live in Australia and buy Australian games, I have to download DLC from her account to run on my PS3; it’s almost the same with the Vita.

I’ve downloaded a PSP game on her account on the PS3, switched over to the account that matches with the Vita and I’ve transferred the game to the Vita. It works because the one PlayStation shares all the DLC it gets from all accounts.

Decided to pass on buying a physical copy of sword art online. I want my trophies link to a single account and not worry about dlcs. Just sucks that this is only a digital release in NA. I would have given more money for a collectors edition. Oh well.
Well, you can play the import version with your NA account. You just won't have the DLCs that comes with it, sadly. Knowing me, I'll probably buy the download version as well, lol. I only hope they release the previous installment of SAO: Infinity Moment?

Zaku77, on 22 Jul 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:
One can use DLC and games from other accounts--including those from other regions--on PS3 and PS4, but since Vita is locked to one account at a time, there's no way for that to work.
yah that I know but were talking about the vita which is a pain to do

Well, you can play the import version with your NA account. You just won't have the DLCs that comes with it, sadly. Knowing me, I'll probably buy the download version as well, lol. I only hope they release the previous installment of SAO: Infinity Moment?
Hollow Fragment is an updated version of Infinity Moment with an additional storyline.

I just got an email from Atlus, and Trails In The Sky for PC finally has a release date - July 29.  The regular price will be $19.99, but it will be on sale for $17 the first week.  The email also states that SC for PSP is still coming "this winter".

Hollow Fragment is an updated version of Infinity Moment with an additional storyline.
Oh, it is? So the floor 76-100 is of the original Infinity Moment game, and the Hollow part is the extra? I remember reading about that. but I never looked into it until now. I suppose there's no reason now unless I'm just looking to pad my trophies. :oops:

It's finally happening!!! TiTS FC on the PC going to be for sale on steam and GOG next week. I only hope that both the first and second chapter do well atleast to get the third game out so the trilogy is completed. 

I've got TiTS on PSN, so it's hard to justify dropping an extra $20, but the Steam version is definitely prettier. :-({|=
true but it a update translation, as well as a effort to bring all 3 parts versus only one we got on psp. to me it worth the $20, also think $17-15 the first week.

what interesting is they said some of the issues in translation an the delays, was the foreshadowing the games had for the sequels, which created inconsistency in wording or names .

barney-yes.gif

Now we just need to know the price...Please be $69.99/$79.99 and at Best Buy for GCU... :pray:

Might opt for this, depending on the price (didn't see one in the article). It did mention Best Buy, which means GCU discount, which will sway my decision. September is a pricey month for a niche gamer!
Even pricier if you're into niche AND more mainstream games. I think I currently have *7* games preordered for Sept. :whee:

That said, SW4 is coming out at the end of Oct. - not that that's a HUGE difference, but it does help a little. ;)

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed announced for PS4 this holiday.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-ps4-north-america-holiday

I don't know whether I want to keep my Vita order now or cancel and wait for PS4. Hmm.
I'm glad they announced this before the PS3/Vita versions released so people can make an informed decision about which version they want. I'll be holding off for the PS4.

This sounds like a $99.99 MSRP collection.
According to IGN, it's $75:

Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack will be released for the intent of celebrating devoted fans of the series, at a cost of $75 USD. Along with the game disc, it will feature a blu-ray of an anime titled “Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada,” a CD of the game’s official soundtrack, two costume pack DLCs, and an “Edit Parts Pack” which will allow western-style facial and armor customization.
Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed announced for PS4 this holiday.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-ps4-north-america-holiday

I don't know whether I want to keep my Vita order now or cancel and wait for PS4. Hmm.
Great. Awesome. FANTASTIC. Now what am I supposed to do with this Vita-version preorder at Best Buy, HMMMMM?! :bomb:

...Seriously, guys, what should I do?

According to IGN, it's $75:

Great. Awesome. FANTASTIC. Now what am I supposed to do with this Vita-version preorder at Best Buy, HMMMMM?! :bomb:

...Seriously, guys, what should I do?
gamestop is probably going to charge you $79.99, since they will be the first one to list it.

cancel it, and get it on ps4
*sigh* I was afraid you'd say that. I don't like having to call Best Buy CS to get my certificate points back for canceled orders.

Won't XSeed price the PS4 version at $59.99, though?

gamestop is probably going to charge you $79.99, since they will be the first one to list it.
Then I'll just keep hoping for Best Buy to come through so I can get it for $59.99 after GCU. :pray:

*sigh* I was afraid you'd say that. I don't like having to call Best Buy CS to get my certificate points back for canceled orders.

Won't XSeed price the PS4 version at $59.99, though?

Then I'll just keep hoping for Best Buy to come through so I can get it for $59.99 after GCU. :pray:
yeah, ps4 version will be at $59.99, there are some additional minor added comestic/gameplay features for ps4 version

So $59.99 after GCU for Samurai Warriors 4? Sold!

As far as Akiba's Trip on PS4, now I am legitimately reconsidering my Vita preorder. I'm not exactly in any rush to play it, though I do love adding games to my retail Vita collection. 

I doubt very highly that a game built for Vita, ported to the PS3 and converted over to PS4 is going to blow anyone away.  There may be some cosmetic improvements, but you're still going to be playing a Vita/PS3 game on PS4. 

If you want quantity for PS4, go for it.  If you think you're going to get a better looking game, sit on it.

Does the PS4 version share trophies with the other versions? Does it have cross-save? I'm more likely going to keep my Vita copy because I'd rather play it sooner than later. A NG+ run through the PS4 version would be cool.

May just get the PS4 version to give the PS4 more love. It also includes the DLC if I remember right so that's something at least. Yeah plus more people in the streets....yeah PS4 it is! Plus I need the swimsuit DLC.

May just get the PS4 version to give the PS4 more love. It also includes the DLC if I remember right so that's something at least. Yeah plus more people in the streets....yeah PS4 it is! Plus I need the swimsuit DLC.
I just have to think about the simple fact that I am far more likely to play it on the vita where prying eyes aren't so prying :p I'm glad the ps4 version doesn't have much difference and that they announced it before the ps3/psv releases though.

I just have to think about the simple fact that I am far more likely to play it on the vita where prying eyes aren't so prying :p I'm glad the ps4 version doesn't have much difference and that they announced it before the ps3/psv releases though.
Agreed....that was nice of them. I don't think a lot of people have PS4s...well at least among cheap people on here...haha. So it's good for all. Also my September and October are very packed already so I can wait for the PS4 release.

New Trailer as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYY2i0FwbKk

Agreed....that was nice of them. I don't think a lot of people have PS4s...well at least among cheap people on here...haha. So it's good for all.
the $260 cowboom ps4 used, and awd $300 ps4 talk would indicate otherwise. lol

i am not going to get a ps4 until i finish all the backlog game for my ps3/ xbox 360. i don't intend on keeping last gen console, when i get a ps4 .

the $260 cowboom ps4 used, and awd $300 ps4 talk would indicate otherwise. lol
i am not going to get a ps4 until u finish all the backlog game for my ps3/ xbox 360. i don't intend on keeping last gen console, when i get a ps4 .
But what about the niche games that will still be on last gen for a couple more years

But what about the niche games that will still be on last gen for a couple more years
i will mostly likely forgo those entries. my backlog will probably take me 2016 to finish, with my schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back