Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Platinumed Demon Gaze last night. Pretty good game. End game wasn't too bad compared to EO1 and EO2.

I had no troubles with the end game until the second to last fight, dying 3 times. I was level 37-39 with mostly rank C gear. So I went through the last map again to get A and S ranked +10 gear, and breezed through the last two bosses at around level 41.
Quasar was a lot easier than Dark Aries to me. I thought there was going to be a second form, and saved my miracle items. I ended up not using a single one.

After that, I farmed for the katana trophies and the skull/shroom trophies, and ended up at level 45-ish when I finished.

Overall, pretty good game. If you're into EO at all, it's worth a play. About half the length too.

Sad to say but I'm ready to go for Neptunia Rebirth. The sad thing is I have both its sequels though only played a bit of the second game, so I'm ready to tackle the trilogy.

Also on an unrelated but niche related comment I have been playing Imouto Paradise a bit. Done 3 of the playthroughs which included 2 main and the harem. It's an alright game, though it's almost like a higher quality nukige game. The characters are alright (I liked one of the playthroughs a decent amount and the other....yeah it was kind of annoying), although the main character is a fairly annoying cliche ultra perverted brother. I think I was expecting more story out of this one....yes I know esp with the main box art it should have been more obvious. Still alright though and I will finish the other 3 routes. I don't think I will buy other games localized from this company, moonstone cherry, which is there nukige brand. It's still a fun one and I would buy the sequel, but i'll stick to just moonstone's games. At least I like this quite a bit more than the Softhouse Seal nukige which have interesting themes, but are generally lacking in just about everything else. Just my 2 cents of course.

Since I know a few people on this thread use Bing Rewards: Did it change recently?

It seems like you can get more points now, but that it takes 3 searches instead of 2 per credit on PC.

It's a lot more searching, but if you're consistent it seems like you can get gift cards in fewer days now.

Since I know a few people on this thread use Bing Rewards: Did it change recently?

It seems like you can get more points now, but that it takes 3 searches instead of 2 per credit on PC.

It's a lot more searching, but if you're consistent it seems like you can get gift cards in fewer days now.
yeah on pc it's 3 searches per credit for 30 credits. on mobile 2 searches per credit for 10 credits

I did, but I stopped. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Unless you're working in an office, and even then, doing 100+ searches every day is just not possible. Even using a bot is more trouble than it's worth.

I did, but I stopped. It just wasn't worth it anymore. Unless you're working in an office, and even then, doing 100+ searches every day is just not possible. Even using a bot is more trouble than it's worth.
Yeah, I'm finding it hard to recommend to others. I do actually work in an office and have occasional daily downtime waiting for stuff to compile, etc. It fits well in those periods.

Also if you set it to your default in chrome you can bang out the following pretty quickly

1. Ctrl + t

2. Type something

3. Enter

4. Repeat

The trick is to search for one thing, like "Simpsons Characters" and then just click on everything that pops up. Takes me like two minutes a day for PC/Mobile (I use a UA spoofer to do mobile).

Is the Hypedimension LE thing happening at midnight mon or tues?

I.E. Is it at the 12:00 change From Mon to Tues (25th to 26th), or the 12:00 change from Tues to Wed (26th to 27th) I would think midnight tues would mean the first one but wanted to double check

I noticed that two of the gamestops in town had a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver edition for $49.99. Picked it up since it was one of the only copies within 60 miles. Kind of regret spending that much, but kind of wanted to since I have the collector editions of the psp Ys games.

There probably aren't any better deals on this out there?
Did you get a sealed copy, or was it gutted as is customary with gamestop? With 'low stock' items, they're generally all gutted, but sometimes GS keeps limited editions sealed for whatever reason....

I.E. Is it at the 12:00 change From Mon to Tues (25th to 26th), or the 12:00 change from Tues to Wed (26th to 27th) I would think midnight tues would mean the first one but wanted to double check
release Date: August 26, 2014 at 12 a.m. Pacific Time - $57.99 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 PlayStation®Vita game (US version)

I may just go with the LE since gamefly  fucked me over once again.   game comes out today at gamefly and goes from    COMING TODAY TO  LOW just like undressed

I sent them that question because I'll be SOL if it's Monday and remarked they should do it at noon instead, their response:

Hi, there!

It's Monday to Tuesday, and we have no control over when it gets released by

Amazon aside from the date! They're based in Seattle, WA, so they're on
Pacific Time as well. We still wish you the best of luck if you do decide to
purchase it at midnight on 8/26!

Kindest Regards,
Iffy's Assistant
Why can't these game companies just let NISA handle these things for them, ffs? It's like they see NISA's success and say, "Let's take the reins back on this franchise and fumble the fuck out of it!".

I sent them that question because I'll be SOL if it's Monday and remarked they should do it at noon instead, their response:

Why can't these game companies just let NISA handle these things for them, ffs? It's like they see NISA's success and say, "Let's take the reins back on this franchise and fumble the fuck out of it!".
Ultimately this is like any other release day game. Amazon has the ability to do pre-orders, but 3rd party vendors do not. Yes, this would have been better through someone like NISA, but they aren't doing this game, so we get what we get.

For those who are confused by the midnight issue, this is like a midnight sale on release day. The game releases on the 26th, so the midnight sale is when that day begins at midnight.

If anyone doesn't want to support this release, don't. I'm happy that the US is getting something like this, and with 1000(and hopefully a limited qty), all those who are interested, should be able to get a copy. I hate having to stay up until midnight, but that's a small price to pay for an actual "L.E." item.

Ultimately this is like any other release day game. Amazon has the ability to do pre-orders, but 3rd party vendors do not. Yes, this would have been better through someone like NISA, but they aren't doing this game, so we get what we get.

For those who are confused by the midnight issue, this is like a midnight sale on release day. The game releases on the 26th, so the midnight sale is when that day begins at midnight.

If anyone doesn't want to support this release, don't. I'm happy that the US is getting something like this, and with 1000(and hopefully a limited qty), all those who are interested, should be able to get a copy. I hate having to stay up until midnight, but that's a small price to pay for an actual "L.E." item.
Oh I understand and I don't want to sound entitled, but I've got to work until 8am est and I can't skip work because I want to buy a video game. I hope they don't sell through the 1000 in the first 5 hours.

Actually, third party vendors can sell vouchers through Amazon payments just like Gaijinworks did for their two releases. Similarly, they could have used a third party vendor as others said. At a minimum, they could have made the orders live at a reasonable daytime hour on the 26th, not 12:00 midnight on a work or school day and 3:00 am East Coast time. In any event, I don't think it's that people don't want to support the release, it's that it has been handled horribly and there are many people who have jobs or other commitments that can't order in the window allotted. It's nice for you that you have the ability to stay up late to place an order, but not everyone is so lucky and it would be nice to show some compassion instead of being a self-interested jerk about it.

Oh I understand and I don't want to sound entitled, but I've got to work until 8am est and I can't skip work because I want to buy a video game. I hope they don't sell through the 1000 in the first 5 hours.
Set an alarm for 5 mins before it goes on sale, wake up, buy the game, and go back to sleep. Problem solved!

Actually, third party vendors can sell vouchers through Amazon payments just like Gaijinworks did for their two releases. Similarly, they could have used a third party vendor as others said. At a minimum, they could have made the orders live at a reasonable daytime hour on the 26th, not 12:00 midnight on a work or school day and 3:00 am East Coast time. In any event, I don't think it's that people don't want to support the release, it's that it has been handled horribly and there are many people who have jobs or other commitments that can't order in the window allotted. It's nice for you that you have the ability to stay up late to place an order, but not everyone is so lucky and it would be nice to show some compassion instead of being a self-interested jerk about it.
I think no matter what time of the day it goes live, there would always be someone who would be at a disadvantage for it. For example, if it went live during the day, I probably wouldn't be able to get to it, because at my job, for most of the day, I can't access the computer or even my phone. The only way companies can really make everyone happy is if they make sure to make enough to satisfy demand.

Dude chillax

He wasn't being a "self-entitled jerk" (as you put it), he was just simply stating his opinion on it. Same as everyone else here has done and as you are doing as well, however everyone else managed to do it without petty name calling. Just relax and remember everyone's opinions differ.

I think no matter what time of the day it goes live, there would always be someone who would be at a disadvantage for it. For example, if it went live during the day, I probably wouldn't be able to get to it, because at my job, for most of the day, I can't access the computer or even my phone. The only way companies can really make everyone happy is if they make sure to make enough to satisfy demand.
This is the reality^

Someone will always be out in the cold no matter what. Even when companies have preorders, how many people show up the week of release saying they missed out, waited to long, or just forgot? Yes, some will miss out on this item because of the time of day, but more would have missed out if it was during the day.

I've actually got to stay up or alarm it myself, which sucks, but it's better than nothing. I've missed out on certain LE over the years, and I've gotten in on more than I've missed. I take the good with the bad.

Dude chillax

He wasn't being a "self-entitled jerk" (as you put it), he was just simply stating his opinion on it. Same as everyone else here has done and as you are doing as well, however everyone else managed to do it without petty name calling. Just relax and remember everyone's opinions differ.
NAH, this thread wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without all the melodrama and palpable tension.....

I will do the alarm set 10 minutes before and then 5 and then 2 minutes and then 1 minute. It sucks but I want it badly, and have done worse before (staying up for any figure orders from Bandai such as Sailor Moon stuff). They are making mistakes but hope they learn from these errors. They really should have opened up a pre-order page, first 1000 get it, one entry each, and I'm sure they would have had all 1000 accounted for, but not a bunch of us waiting hoping to get a copy or 2 and some people are going to be arses and get 10+ copies. I give everyone good luck to secure a copy.

I will do the alarm set 10 minutes before and then 5 and then 2 minutes and then 1 minute. It sucks but I want it badly, and have done worse before (staying up for any figure orders from Bandai such as Sailor Moon stuff). They are making mistakes but hope they learn from these errors. They really should have opened up a pre-order page, first 1000 get it, one entry each, and I'm sure they would have had all 1000 accounted for, but not a bunch of us waiting hoping to get a copy or 2 and some people are going to be arses and get 10+ copies. I give everyone good luck to secure a copy.
my vote is that someone will buy 999 and leave 1, LOL. I will try my luck tonight to see if I can get in on this. For the price, the extras seem decent enough to warrant the added price.

my vote is that someone will buy 999 and leave 1, LOL.
They claim they have it set to limit orders to one per account. My bigger concern is that this is a soft box CE and knowing Amazon, it will be shipped out in bubble mailers or those fold-over mailers given the small size, just like they did with Persona Golden. I'd bet the company didn't bother to set aside any spares for the inevitable damage claims.

They claim they have it set to limit orders to one per account. My bigger concern is that this is a soft box CE and knowing Amazon, it will be shipped out in bubble mailers or those fold-over mailers given the small size, just like they did with Persona Golden. I'd bet the company didn't bother to set aside any spares for the inevitable damage claims.
If it's anything like Neptunia 1 or 2 LE (and it looks very similar) it will be a soft box. They look nice but are a little flimsy, NISA usually uses those for there LEs, and it looks similar.

gotta be fast... too bad they can't do one-click for all items in your cart. :) I would totally add something just so they would have to package it in some kind of box with air bags.

I've always seen 1-Click as an option for multiple items. :whistle2:k
That is when you're looking at your cart... I'm referencing the product page for Neptunia once it becomes available... I suppose you could "add to cart" and risk losing your copy of the game. :wall:

I've never done that, so I don't know. Sorry.
Yeah, I think the one-click buy only purchases the item on the page you're looking at. Amazon would be making a leap of faith assuming you wanted everything in your cart. It's a recipe for disaster waiting to happen if that's how it worked. O:)

Yeah, I think the one-click buy only purchases the item on the page you're looking at. Amazon would be making a leap of faith assuming you wanted everything in your cart. It's a recipe for disaster waiting to happen if that's how it worked. O:)
Makes sense to me.

I'll be up at 2:50-2:55am EST like most of you; hopefully we'll all get an LE order in.

XsZf8S0.gif.gif

i find it funny to think if they really do limit it to 1 per person that 1000 people want it all at 3am est
I think there is no doubt this will sell out tonight. The DJ Max limited edition sold out in mere minutes last time and that was far more expensive and even more niche IMHO. There are a lot of people on other forums talking about this as a good investment simply because of the rarity. I have no doubt flippers and resellers will scoop this up at $58 for an easy doubling of their money as sad as that makes me.

I emailed them yesterday about the limit, and just heard back this morning that it is indeed 1 per person. So this may last awhile, but I doubt it. Good luck to everyone, we're going to need it. LOL

so a couple of weeks ago, finally found a new copy of ni no kuni CE guide, was planning to play this at some point , then checked amazon today, saw that they were sold out of the greatest hits edition, panicked, drove around, found the last new copy at target, guess their getting harder to find, if people have played this, can someone tell me if it really takes 300 hours to beat? I don't try to get all the trophies, but I do like to do all the quests and try to get 100% inventory, monsters, etc. hesitant to start this anytime soon, but would like to know what im getting into. 

I think there is no doubt this will sell out tonight. The DJ Max limited edition sold out in mere minutes last time and that was far more expensive and even more niche IMHO. There are a lot of people on other forums talking about this as a good investment simply because of the rarity. I have no doubt flippers and resellers will scoop this up at $58 for an easy doubling of their money as sad as that makes me.
I bought the DJ Max LE, and I remember it being around for at least 4-5 hours before selling out. There were only 750 copies IIRC of that one and no limit on how many each person could buy either, but it was even more niche of a title than this one. I know for sure it didn't sell out right away because I remember that I wasn't able to get to the computer for a few hours after it went live but still had no trouble getting one.

I'd really like to know how many LEs NISA prints of each of their games. If it's in the same neighborhood as this, we may actually have hours rather than minutes tonight, especially if it is indeed one per person.

I bought the DJ Max LE, and I remember it being around for at least 4-5 hours before selling out. There were only 750 copies IIRC of that one and no limit on how many each person could buy either, but it was even more niche of a title than this one. I know for sure it didn't sell out right away because I remember that I wasn't able to get to the computer for a few hours after it went live but still had no trouble getting one.

I'd really like to know how many LEs NISA prints of each of their games. If it's in the same neighborhood as this, we may actually have hours rather than minutes tonight, especially if it is indeed one per person.
It actually sold out in mere minutes and then later that afternoon they opened up orders again for a very short time because of some payment and store related glitches. They also sold some other copies just before launch as a result of payment and cancellation issues. In any event, this one is cheaper and got a lot more hype as an actual limited edition, so I can't imagine this will last.

Commodore Wheeler, on 25 Aug 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:

don't know about nisa, but this is through idea themselves so testing the market with 1000 copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back