Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently there was a backdoor link like the ni no kuni wizards edition fiasco, from neogaf

Discussing this on AnimeGAF, the 3 of us that got our orders in used the backdoor and didn't wait for the instock on the front page. When it got delayed going up exactly at midnight, we noticed there was a 1 new available from a buyer. . . And went that route instead. Add to cart and done!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882038&page=5
yup, thats how i got mine, as well. luckily, i order so much crap from amazon and knew about this little trick, so i guess i lucked out.

in stock?

It came back for a second with a really long message in red about not knowing when they'll be able to fulfill newly placed orders

I clicked on "Available from this seller" as soon as that appeared. If you waited for the front page to load you are probably too late.

same that is how i got mine

Same here. :)
thats funny because thats actually what i did for the first try.. and on the last step it gave me an error message to make sure the order was in my history page. It wasn't so when i went to do it again after that it was giving me a 'not avalible from that seller' message >_< So it didn't work for me that way

I clicked on "Available from this seller" as soon as that appeared. If you waited for the front page to load you are probably too late.
Exactly why I did that.

Plus they only had 1 copy of the regular edition at my GS tonight so I bought that as my back up since most places are going to have very few.

There is no way NISA store would been able to handle this much traffic.  Their only mistake is not limiting it to 1.  Otherwise you need to blame reseller who will be making mad money.

A lot of people on the "first" page got their orders in fine. I was able to order one, but didn't want it. I checked at the time just out of curiosity of how fast it would sell out, for a niche series. Seems odd that some people didn't get it who tried ordering right away.
This. I'm not sure how some of you guys couldn't get your orders in. I didn't use 1-click because I noticed my order total was higher than it should be. So I checked out the normal way and forgot I left other items in my cart, I had to push back to see what the other items were, then checked out again and made sure shipping and everything was correct. Probably lost 30 secs to a min just for that.

I did go through the 1 new link though. Did everyone that didn't get wait for the actual add to cart button (which did show and was still available after I ordered mine)?

Everyone here seems pretty calm and civilized about this compared to those on Facebook. This was a terrible release, though. Guess I'll just wait to buy a used standard copy for $20 on eBay.

it says the message In stock on August 29, 2014. might be a restock on that date

Taunting me.
Keep refreshing. It keeps coming back saying "

Price:

$57.99
check-prime-45x13._V375303705_.gif

In stock on August 29, 2014.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. "

Anyone else see this?

"

Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. "
Still can't add it to cart though.

damn 121 users reading this topic, we  never had has so much traffic in the niche japanese games thread. LOL

Keep refreshing. It keeps coming back saying "

Price: $57.99
check-prime-45x13._V375303705_.gif
I keep trying to add it.

Maybe it'll let me if I believe hard enough.

If only I hadn't played around with the quantity before checking out. Tried to add 100 to my cart, worked, made it to checkout with 10, adjusted to 1, all sold out.

I had a feeling the whole 1 per customer wasn't going to be enforced.

Anyone else see this?

"

Still can't add it to cart though.
Yup, I'd be surprised if it works. Just shows how messed up this entire situation was.

Some of these 1 stars are funny. I see them talking about pre-order system and shit. Idea Factory said that they couldn't open preorders. It was first come first serve. I get that they didn't handle it that well, but some of these ratings.. lol

And the review page is made for the product, not for people to bitch about the supplier. This isn't much better than all those people giving negative reviews about that one hotel on yelp a few weeks ago. It's not helping anyone.

Everyone likes what they like, but jeez. This isn't a limited release for Final Fantasy, The Witcher, or Tales. It's Hyperdimension.

If it came with some awesome figure, snazzy steelbook, or really cool artbook, I'd get it. But the extras in this were lame, and it's a handheld version on top of everything else.

This just screams OCDers not getting what they want, throwing a hissy fit, because they know their only choices are paying exorbitant markups on ebay or not getting it at all. That doesn't mean you can't be frustrated, but to piss and moan like a child and one star the game and whatnot is so childish.

So... bets on how much the scalpers are going to try and rape fans for their multiple copies that were supposed to be limited to 1 per customer?

I'm gonna guess $500 listings on eBay in the next hour.

Some of these 1 stars are funny. I see them talking about pre-order system and shit. Idea Factory said that they couldn't open preorders. It was first come first serve. I get that they didn't handle it that well, but some of these ratings.. lol

And the review page is made for the product, not for people to bitch about the supplier. This isn't much better than all those people giving negative reviews about that one hotel on yelp a few weeks ago. It's not helping anyone.
Hey, don't get in the middle of these children and their right to whine about trivial things! This is all most of them have in their lives.

If only I hadn't played around with the quantity before checking out. Tried to add 100 to my cart, worked, made it to checkout with 10, adjusted to 1, all sold out.

I had a feeling the whole 1 per customer wasn't going to be enforced.
Who said it was going to be limited to 1?

Any way, I don't understand all the rage. It's $28 more for a vita case, keychain, a 4x4 picture and fancy, flimsy box. If there had been an art book, I could understand the rage.

It was supposed to be limited to one per customer and it was more like whoever gets lucky and has their order process, rather than who ordered it first.

So... bets on how much the scalpers are going to try and rape fans for their multiple copies that were supposed to be limited to 1 per customer?

i, honestly, want to see how much people try to charge for this on ebay, lol. im surprised there arent listings up already

it will go for $300

Any way, I don't understand all the rage. It's $28 more for a vita case, keychain, a 4x4 picture and fancy, flimsy box. If there had been an art book, I could understand the rage.
Hi everyone!

We’d like to remind you all that Iffy’s Online Store on the Amazon Marketplace will open to take orders for the Limited Edition of Neptunia Re;Birth1 later tonight at 12:00AM (Pacific Time)…so in about 6 hours!

We’ll remind you again later!

Here is the order link: http://goo.gl/vsm1ob

*Currently shown as Unavailable. But it will be available in 6 hours. (12:00AM Pacific Time)

*$57.99

*Order limit: 1 unit per customer

I wish it hadn't reappeared for a few minutes. Now I'm hitting refresh hoping it will come back a third time. What a tease.

If it came with some awesome figure, snazzy steelbook, or really cool artbook, I'd get it. But the extras in this were lame, and it's a handheld version on top of everything else.
The Mana Khemia Scholarship Edition was a much better deal then this, had only a 1000 made, and even that took a few days to sell out. I underestimated the popularity of Neptunia.

Managed to grab a copy myself, but I haven't gotten the confirmation email yet from Amazon, so I'm assuming the worse until it actually ships

It was supposed to be limited to one per customer and it was more like whoever gets lucky and has their order process, rather than who ordered it first.
Yeah, I got that. Something about people not being able to order because of some address thing right? Doesn't mean it's a problem from Idea Factory. Could have been something on Amazon's end. Also, I don't think justifies all these people leaving 1 star ratings.

I mean I get that people are angry they weren't able to get one. I've been refreshing since 11:50pm and I didn't get one either. The only moment I saw it in stock, it was sold out already. Doesn't mean I'm going to bitch and whine about it. Just deal with it and hope if they continue to release on their own, they do it better next time.

I'm off for bed...hope everyone who really wanted one got a copy. Last time i'll try to buy a IF LE without pre-order. I support these games but this will likely be my last other than Neptunia Black Heart which looks good. The series is getting milked for all it's worth at the moment and the quality seems to be low like it is usually is.

it is handled by amazon, so that limited to 1 rule goes out the window. it is all pr talk

Yeah, I got that. Something about people not being able to order because of some address thing right? Doesn't mean it's a problem from Idea Factory. Could have been something on Amazon's end. Also, I don't think justifies all these people leaving 1 star ratings.
People are frustrated, and rightly so. Frankly, if it helps prevent shit like this in the future, then I'm all for it. They're looking for places to vent their anger.

Seems like the "reviews" started to filter over to the regular edition of the game.

Only one so far, but still sad, very sad.
Possibly hindering the sales and future localization of a game series you supposedly like just because you're butthurt.

Why should Idea Factory care about which buyers get the game, though? There were only going to be 1,000 so regardless of the means of ordering, anyone who didn't get one is going to be disappointed and find a reason to whine about it. If you want to go after them for not making more, then that is more logical. Not the means at which they decided to allocate the units.

To Idea Factory, those 1,000 are going to be going to 1,000 fans. They don't care the level of interest in the game for each individual potential customer or the "fairness" in the process. The bottom line is the game will sell 1,000 units to fans.

Oh, and I believe Amazon is responsible for refreshing the listing page once the seller lists it. It's their software.

Possibly hindering the sales and future localization of a game series you supposedly like just because you're butthurt.
That's what I'm saying. These reviews aren't doing any good. They're suppose to be product reviews and doing this is just screwing them over even more. People are going to look at the game and be like, oh look at how shit these ratings are.

Less mad about not getting it, moreso about having my address flag as not valid multiple times, and literally being unable to order.

Regardless passing on the standard. Just use the 50$ worth of GCs on Destiny and get this in a b2g1 used sale

There is some hope for only slightly ridiculous prices on ebay, assuming a large quantity were purchased by scalpers. Danganronpa 2 scalpers started at 150 and they're already down to 100 a week before release. It's likely prices will get even more competitive when a flood of scalpers put listings up around the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back