Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should Idea Factory care about which buyers get the game, though? There were only going to be 1,000 so regardless of the means of ordering, anyone who didn't get one is going to be disappointed and find a reason to whine about it. If you want to go after them for not making more, then that is more logical. Not the means at which they decided to allocate the units.

To Idea Factory, those 1,000 are going to be going to 1,000 fans. They don't care the level of interest in the game for each individual potential customer or the "fairness" in the process. The bottom line is the game will sell 1,000 units to fans.

Oh, and I believe Amazon is responsible for refreshing the listing page once the seller lists it. It's their software.
Because the series has a history of the LE's selling out and then being marked up high. Plus people don't like staying up until 3AM to be told "no game for you."

lol @ people saying they will never order from IF again on Amazon. Please.

The second they release a new game or LE these people will be all over it. All talk, no bite. They can't help themselves. Everyone will be back to normal and calmed down once the PMS rage subsides :D

I added gift wrap to my order. I'm hoping that it'll persuade them to pack in a box instead of a bubble mailer somehow.

My delivery estimate seems kind of late for prime. Anyone else's? Mine is September 4th.

There is some hope for only slightly ridiculous prices on ebay, assuming a large quantity were purchased by scalpers. Danganronpa 2 scalpers started at 150 and they're already down to 100 a week before release. It's likely prices will get even more competitive when a flood of scalpers put listings up around the release date.
Not going to pay a markup because the devs used a shitty distribution method...

Hmm, it looks like reviews on Amazon are slowly disappearing. Maybe the game won't be stuck at a 2-star rating forever.

Less mad about not getting it, moreso about having my address flag as not valid multiple times, and literally being unable to order.

Regardless passing on the standard. Just use the 50$ worth of GCs on Destiny and get this in a b2g1 used sale
I'm torn since I actually wanted it to play.

I'll try to convince myself it's Amazon's fault and not IF's so I can get myself to buy the standard.

I added gift wrap to my order. I'm hoping that it'll persuade them to pack in a box instead of a bubble mailer somehow.

My delivery estimate seems kind of late for prime. Anyone else's? Mine is September 4th.
Mine are set to arrive on the 28th.

Nope.

xpv0Af8.png

I wasn't interested in the LE (pretty lame LE imo) and I'll be picking the regular version at Gamestop tomorrow, but reading the Facebook comments are a riot.

Genuinely Sucks for those that had shipping issues though. Hopefully IF will make more then 1000 copies next time and actually have a proper way to preorder them.

It would be funny if Amazon blacklisted the whiny reviewers from ordering on their site for abusing the rating system violations.
Why would they start now? Amazon reviews have been a joke (oftentimes literally) and they never did anything about it before. Heck, they put up their favorite "funny" reviews, so they can't really say anything about people's reviews being "inappropriate."

Some of these 1 stars are funny. I see them talking about pre-order system and shit. Idea Factory said that they couldn't open preorders. It was first come first serve. I get that they didn't handle it that well, but some of these ratings.. lol

And the review page is made for the product, not for people to bitch about the supplier. This isn't much better than all those people giving negative reviews about that one hotel on yelp a few weeks ago. It's not helping anyone.
except in this case the product AND the company are one in the same. This LE was only put out through IF's 3rd party seller page, so a bad review for one is the same thing. If people were rating the SD edition 1 star for this that would be kinda dumb

im disgusted with the whole thing Couldn't get one to go in the cart when it popped up briefly a little while back. Kept saying not avalibl again. It looks like im the only one who did the 'buy from seller' option early that DIDN'T get one too, blea

Why would they start now? Amazon reviews have been a joke (oftentimes literally) and they never did anything about it before. Heck, they put up their favorite "funny" reviews, so they can't really say anything about people's reviews being "inappropriate."
Well, I would think that unknowing buyers seeing a product with a low star rating would opt not to buy the product, thus impacting Amazon. If an item gets a low rating for a legitimate reason, then sure, but putting childish rants to lower a rating of a product that Amazon sells on their site impacts Amazon.

I know Amazon is a multi billion dollar corporation, but still, if they allowed it for one, they allowed it for a lot more. There is a difference between funny reviews and troll reviews.

Maybe they won't do anything, but if they had their choice, I don't see why they would want them to stay up.

except in this case the product AND the company are one in the same. This LE was only put out through IF's 3rd party seller page, so a bad review for one is the same thing. If people were rating the SD edition 1 star for this that would be kinda dumb

im disgusted with the whole thing Couldn't get one to go in the cart when it popped up briefly a little while back. Kept saying not avalibl again. It looks like im the only one who did the 'buy from seller' option early that DIDN'T get one too, blea
Not really. The review on the product page is for the actual product, rather than the seller. The review on the seller's page is for the seller. I mean I have Drakengard 3 LE ordered for months now with these stupid Final Fantasy tumblers and it still hasn't shipped yet. Does that mean I should be pissed and saying that Drakengard 3 LE is shit? I'm more pissed at Square's store more than anything.

I also had the same experience as you. Did all that and still wasn't able to get one.

Well, I would think that unknowing buyers seeing a product with a low star rating would opt not to buy the product, thus impacting Amazon. If an item gets a low rating for a legitimate reason, then sure, but putting childish rants to lower a rating of a product that Amazon sells on their site impacts Amazon.

I know Amazon is a multi billion dollar corporation, but still, if they allowed it for one, they allowed it for a lot more. There is a difference between funny reviews and troll reviews.

Maybe they won't do anything, but if they had their choice, I don't see why they would want them to stay up.
Well since it's sold out, bad reviews of this item would only hurt resellers. Surprised we haven't seen fake reviews saying it's bad and a waste of money to persuade people from buying from the eventual resellers.

Well since it's sold out, bad reviews of this item would only hurt resellers. Surprised we haven't seen fake reviews saying it's bad and a waste of money to persuade people from buying from the eventual resellers.
Amazon makes money off independent sellers who sell items though, so if the low ratings hurt resellers ability to sell the item, then it also hurts Amazon with this way too.

I guess maybe I'll just buy a Japanese limited edition... and mix it with an English copy of the game. I guess I can pretend it makes my collection complete.

In all honestly, I'm mostly just angry that I stayed up for this. I do feel let down by the company I've given so much support.

I probably wouldn't even get to the game for years. I don't even own a Vita, yet.

Still... I own all the LEs from Neptunia... as a collector... I'm frustrated that I won't be completing the collection.

Feh... who knows.... maybe it'll tank in price. One can hope.

Well, what are the odds of this coming back for a short time today? I'm still in a sense of disbelief. Hoping they make sure all orders are fixed to only be for 1 copy if they haven't already.

They added this to their last facebook post:

*We're sorry about this international shipping situation. We are aware that this is a big issue, so we will discuss this with Amazon tomorrow when their live customer support line opens.

Maybe they'll also undo all of the multiple orders?

They added this to their last facebook post:

*We're sorry about this international shipping situation. We are aware that this is a big issue, so we will discuss this with Amazon tomorrow when their live customer support line opens.

Maybe they'll also undo all of the multiple orders?
Yeah, that's sort of what made me think others may get another chance. Then again, it may mean nothing regarding available stock.

It was limited to 1 per account. Sucessfully ordered 1 with 1st account. Added 5 for kick on 2nd account, automatically adjusted to 1 in checkout, didn't checkout fast enough. fuck, fuck, why wasn't I able to get 2 to resell for 500 each. Seriously people, this is only 1 game. Only 1000 people were able to get it, you didn't get screw.

I guess maybe I'll just buy a Japanese limited edition... and mix it with an English copy of the game. I guess I can pretend it makes my collection complete.

In all honestly, I'm mostly just angry that I stayed up for this. I do feel let down by the company I've given so much support.

I probably wouldn't even get to the game for years. I don't even own a Vita, yet.

Still... I own all the LEs from Neptunia... as a collector... I'm frustrated that I won't be completing the collection.

Feh... who knows.... maybe it'll tank in price. One can hope.
this is one of th major reasons im so pissed. I have a complete collection of all the LE's for this game series and now... its not complete. I honestly think id have prefered they just didn't even do a LE this time instead of doing such a fail-release like this. Maybe those of you who aren't really collectors cant relate, but to have a complete set and then realize there will now always be a hole in it is pretty god damn annoying

Yep order confirmation for me too.

I'm guessing my later delivery estimate from everyone else is either because I requested gift wrap or because I'm really far from CA in FL. Since I'm sure they didn't distribute this across warehouses for fast distribution nationwide.

Yep order confirmation for me too.

I'm guessing my later delivery estimate from everyone else is either because I requested gift wrap or because I'm really far from CA in FL. Since I'm sure they didn't distribute this across warehouses for fast distribution nationwide.
my date is the 28th with prime

i really dont think they are gonna let the multiple orders go through and will be cancelling them when they chat with amazon. I say if you want one, then you should keep an eye out after 6am pacific.

yea if they do put more back up due to the multiple orders though who knows when/if that will happen. Maybe some lucky people will check in when they put more up. Odds are theyre not gonna bother, the whole thing was a clusterfuck, why even bother. 

grats to those of you who got lucky enough to snag one. I think i had the SD edition pre-ordered at Best Buy. If not i'll just get it used. I generally hate geting used games but id rather not support Idea Factory after this bullshit

yea if they do put more back up due to the multiple orders though who knows when/if that will happen. Maybe some lucky people will check in when they put more up. Odds are theyre not gonna bother, the whole thing was a clusterfuck, why even bother.

grats to those of you who got lucky enough to snag one. I think i had the SD edition pre-ordered at Best Buy. If not i'll just get it used. I generally hate geting used games but id rather not support Idea Factory after this bullshit
Yeaaaaup. Not a chance in hell of me buying a new copy of this fucker, lol.

I will still buy the normal copy at Best Buy. It sucks that I wasn't able to nab the LE, since I had it in my cart, but I've made peace with the fact that I missed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back