Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
At best you'll be like that guy in his 40s who just unloaded the worlds largest video game collection at a huge loss.
This'll probably get lost in the current LE shuffle, but are you by chance talking about this?

If so, I think the guy was lucky to get ~$68 per game. Think of all the hundreds, if not thousands, of $1-$5 games (also trash and shovelware) in that collection. I'm sure the majority of games go for under $30. Only a few games like Suikoden 2 or Panzer Dragoon Saga are worth over $100 or $200 (if he even has those?). I remember reading he was missing a lot of key rarer games. Mario/Duck Hunt (or any/ALL PS3/360 games) for $68? Nice.

The collection is also full of games from systems I've never even heard of, can't imagine those games being worth anything. Over 100 consoles? I couldn't name 25% of those. Sure, he probably bought a ton of them on day one, so his investment is larger than their current resale values, but I remember reading in an interview he spent about $20,000 a year on gaming. Do the math, and it still comes up profit.

So yes, I think he was lucky to get $68 per game and whomever bought it was paying more for a massive "collection" with only some complete collection sets.

Before all the sealed game nuts try to defend Brink and Sonic '06 at $68, there is this:

More than 2,600 of the games in the collection, started in 1983, are still in their original shrink wrapping, and more than 8,300 include the box and manual. They also include titles from over 100 consoles, so the lucky winner of the auction may be checking eBay to fill in the gaps.
Sure there are 2,600 sealed, but that doesn't mean too much in the full scope. Plus I don't give a fuck about sealed games, heh. Also, is that 8,300 with box + manual include sealed? If so, that's over 2,700 games as disc/cart only. If not they worded it poorly.

Yep, at a minimum there were major issues with Amazon last night where people with valid US addresses could not complete their orders, people with Canadian or some international addresses were also prevented by Amazon from ordering. Similarly, some people were rejected by Amazon's payment processing system for no reason. Also, the game didn't go live for orders right at midnight, it took 1-2 minutes, so all in all, there were glitches that prevented some people from ordering even if they did everything "right". Ultimately, Amazon is not designed to be a high volume for one item within seconds type of retail website. Their infrastructure is not designed to handle it as this incident proved.
Who is better equipped to handle this? Granted, if people did indeed order multiples, that's something that amazon should have stopped, but at this point we're not sure, are we? But otherwise, it didn't crash the site or even the item page or anything. And I can hardly really fault them for the item going up at 12:02 instead of 12:00. At the end of the day only 1000 people (or orders) were going to end up happy, and everyone else would have been sad.

Seriously, it's like you've never dealt with Digital River before. DR would've opened it up at 11:55, the site would have gone completely down, those with a special backdoor would have been able to order multiples, they still would have oversold their stock and then they would have charged you 20 bucks for shipping if you were one of the lucky ones.

BTW, Play Asia *shudders* has Danganronpa (US, Vita) for $29.99 shipped. I went ahead and added Mind=Zero to my order, though I'm more sure that one will drop down further. But it's also the only Vita dungeon crawler I haven't beaten.

Anyone still not have their copy shipped ? I am still sitting at 29th delivery and not shipped, I also have Prime.

Anyone still not have their copy shipped ? I am still sitting at 29th delivery and not shipped, I also have Prime.
Same situation here.. However still never received a confirmation email either. Not sure if I should be worried.. My order seemed to go through without a problem in the first place though.

Forbid there's ever a Tales edition ultra limited to 50 copies.

The internet might spontaneously combust(for some reason this is marked a typo. Oookkk....) with so many people annoyed they didn't get one.

One day it's going to happen. A really special CE is going to come out that they can only make 100 or less of and the outrage is going to be sad, hilarious, and insane all at once.

On limited releases online, there usually are problems. That's what happens when thousands of people hammer away at the server at exactly the same time. Honestly, I prefer that though, to the limited in-store releases where you have people lined up outside of stores in tents like a bunch of transients and hobos. That is the bane of civilization right there.

apparently there was a backdoor link like the ni no kuni wizards edition fiasco, from neogaf

Discussing this on AnimeGAF, the 3 of us that got our orders in used the backdoor and didn't wait for the instock on the front page. When it got delayed going up exactly at midnight, we noticed there was a 1 new available from a buyer. . . And went that route instead. Add to cart and done!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882038&page=5
That's how I did it as well. Is that considered a back door? I thought that is just how it was being sold, from the seller IF, not amazon.

BTW, Play Asia *shudders* has Danganronpa (US, Vita) for $29.99 shipped. I went ahead and added Mind=Zero to my order, though I'm more sure that one will drop down further. But it's also the only Vita dungeon crawler I haven't beaten.
Why the *shudder*? I've never dealt with Play Asia before; do they have a bad reputation? I may go for Danganronpa at that price. I haven't really heard much about Mind=Zero, though.

Also, on a totally different topic, has anyone played Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus? Was wondering if it would be worth getting the physical edition, but I recall that Burst was really mindless and tedious. Is SV challenging and does it at least require some strategy or is it a cakewalk like Burst?

I'm also at 29th and mine is on "Shipping Now". Still no email either. A bit worried, but I feel I'd have gotten some kind of cancellation email if there was a problem.

Also, to add to the weird ordering debate, I used my phone (Full site), only have 1.5 Mbps WiFi and was fine. Used the 1 sellers thing which seems to be the important difference in most orders.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/26/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-margaret-available-for-purchase-one-week-after-launch-in-north-and-south-america/

P4AU Margaret DLC won't be free, so I'm guessing a $4.99 to $7.99 amount. I know we are getting 2 chars for free already but if you think about it, the game retails for $60, Blazblue Continuum Shift extend was $40, Chrono Phantasma was $50, I don't feel this is the sort of new game that CP was but it does add more stuff than BBCSEX, new story, new modes, characters, etc. So I'd say it should fall around the $45 MSRP mark. So another free character wouldn't be too much to ask for...

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/26/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-margaret-available-for-purchase-one-week-after-launch-in-north-and-south-america/

P4AU Margaret DLC won't be free, so I'm guessing a $4.99 to $7.99 amount. I know we are getting 2 chars for free already but if you think about it, the game retails for $60, Blazblue Continuum Shift extend was $40, Chrono Phantasma was $50, I don't feel this is the sort of new game that CP was but it does add more stuff than BBCSEX, new story, new modes, characters, etc. So I'd say it should fall around the $45 MSRP mark. So another free character wouldn't be too much to ask for...
Damn dont like seeing this trend of DLC before a game even comes out, and it doesn't look that different from the 1st game

what you doing playing with a mouse when you should been ordering the game :)

really though i would been shock if anyone got one who was not using a pc or hardwired to the net. My phone is so freaking slow i would get the amazon page to pop up like 4am when i started at 2am
I got mine on my phone, but it was using the WiFi at my house. I actually did a couple of test runs using my phone vs. using my computer while waiting for the sale to go live, and the phone was way faster. Mainly because it could load Amazon's mobile site much faster than my computer could load Amazon's desktop site. So when the sale went live, I stuck with my phone and it paid off.

Damn dont like seeing this trend of DLC before a game even comes out, and it doesn't look that different from the 1st game
It's not really that different and looks like the same engine. I'm sure it has a different story, some more characters and of course balancing. I will likely beat P4A first a few times before playing. Also doesn't help $60 dollars is a bit steep for the game IMHO. $50 should have been the max with $40 being the perfect starting price.

Loving Margaret's Theme for Ultimax.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV5rgTb4rOQ[/media]

Rise's Theme

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L5zs9ynsmE[/media]

Thanks! Although the digital version is finally on sale for $19.99. Hmmm, what to do.

Forbid there's ever a Tales edition ultra limited to 50 copies.

The internet might spontaneously combust(for some reason this is marked a typo. Oookkk....) with so many people annoyed they didn't get one.

One day it's going to happen. A really special CE is going to come out that they can only make 100 or less of and the outrage is going to be sad, hilarious, and insane all at once.

On limited releases online, there usually are problems. That's what happens when thousands of people hammer away at the server at exactly the same time. Honestly, I prefer that though, to the limited in-store releases where you have people lined up outside of stores in tents like a bunch of transients and hobos. That is the bane of civilization right there.
considering tales of isn't a super niche series published by someone like nis I don't see that happening as they both over print and over charge for the ce's.

The only way I could see them making a lower print is if they managed to get those overpriced figurine things from alter or whatever and put them in the ce without overcharging for them. Considering how crazy people seem to go gaga over figurines especially alters I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out quickly. Instantly if they added it to the game for no charge or for just 10-20$ more.

Generally limited releases online don't auto sell out that quickly so I would consider this situation an abnormality. It could also be possible they have only so much currently in stock and more pop up later. the tales of xillia ce had that problem where it was constantly in and out of stock as an example and now look at it. You can get the ce for half the price it released at correct me if I'm wrong.

I do agree though that people are getting far too bent out of shape over the situation. I remember when last year before they confirmed the dlc costumes for the le of xillia people were freaking out whether to cancel their ce or not since it was confirmed the ce would have them but only a rumore the le would.

Oh and thanks for the vid olengie :) kinda cool that they remixed aria of the soul from velvet room. But I'm so sick of that fricken song I never want to hear it ever again. too many hours spent in that awful soul sucking room :pray: for the right skill shuffles.

Just thought I look at that Hyperdimension Re:birth LE. I couldn't help, but laugh.

tumblr_nay2bsKpZl1tctta4o1_500.png

Let me get my popcorn. I have a lot to read in this thread. lol
Let me save you the trouble...

"Cry cry..."

"It stands to reason good sir that.." tl:dr

"Got mine. Screws the rest of yas!"

"____ needs to die!"

"Fans blah blah fans!"

"I hate ___ so much!"

"Your an idiot!"

About sums it all up.

I've had P4A since a sale a while back. I need to give that a try. I just beat Injustice a week or so back and that had been the first fighter I'd played in 15-20 years. It was surprisingly decent. Hoping P4A beats it out on quality for single player gaming.

I was wondering why this thread jumped 10 pages for me overnight. Didn't even knoe that Neptunia had an LE for PS vita. The collector in me would've passed as I can't stay awake that late on a amazon lightning deal, but glad some got the LE. You win some, you lose some. Lately trying to cut back on collecting myself. I wonder if this or Ni No Kuni LE will be worth more over time.

My first instinct was to say that he was shill bidding his own auction.  But when you look at the entire bid history there are quite a few different bidders bidding on it.  I think a group of people are trolling that auction.  That, or he has a group of online friends artificially setting the bar high for pricing.  The other LEs are not receiving high bids.

My first instinct was to say that he was shill bidding his own auction. But when you look at the entire bid history there are quite a few different bidders bidding on it. I think a group of people are trolling that auction. That, or he has a group of online friends artificially setting the bar high for pricing. The other LEs are not receiving high bids.
his was the only one up at the time, so everyone was bidding. but, now that there are more options, i think people wont be as bid happy

Edit: guess i was wrong because his auction is now up to $475. i truly cant believe people are willing to pay these prices. im sorry, but, if people really are paying these prices, i can make do without mine lol. ill take $500, even though i didnt buy it to flip.

Yeah there is no way.  Wait and see if the others receive bids.  His was the only one up for awhile yeah but It went from like $200 to $475 while another one was sitting there not getting bid on. It kept receiving bids after 400 while the other auctions just sat there.  Not legit.

Here's one that has been up less than an hour and it's already at $200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Re-Birth1-Limited-Edition-English-/251628886072?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a96401838

Could just be pissed off fans inflating the prices with no intention of paying, but who knows?
i dont understand that logic from some people. just dont bid, i think they started it at a fair price, so if it ends for a high price, its the buyers fault for wanting to pay that much. they might actually help screw over the people that are actually willing to pay, because they are salty.

I think I am going to start Persona 4 Arena this week. Can anyone tell me if P4A ruins anything from Persona 3? I have already beaten P4, but I am not quite finished with P3.

My Neptunia order that hadn't shipped with a delivery estimate of September 4th has shipped, and the estimate updated to August 28th. Hopefully the same thing happens for others that had a weird estimate.

Do you think I will have any trouble getting Akiba's Trip down the line? I can use GCU to get it for 32 before tax, but I won't have time to play it for a while.

Is it safe to wait it out? No best buys in my area even recieved copies but the website has stock.

i dont understand that logic from some people. just dont bid, i think they started it at a fair price, so if it ends for a high price, its the buyers fault for wanting to pay that much. they might actually help screw over the people that are actually willing to pay, because they are salty.
First one definitely troll bids. Some people are so childish. If someone hoarded like 100, that would be one thing(although I personally wouldn't have a problem with it) but jealousy really makes people do crazy things sometimes. This was a good opportunity to make a few bucks and it isn't like he started the listing at $5,000. I hope all the troll bidders get banned.

Do you think I will have any trouble getting Akiba's Trip down the line? I can use GCU to get it for 32 before tax, but I won't have time to play it for a while.

Is it safe to wait it out? No best buys in my area even recieved copies but the website has stock.
My guess is that you'll be safe. Mostly because it's very very niche, and being released on three different systems.

Alright guys, can't we let this HDN Re;Birth 1 LE thing go to rest? But I guess not, I'm guessing it'll be a hot topic for a while before we move on to the next thing. >_>

In other news, for those that have a 360, and have a thing for shoot-em-ups, Under Defeat HD, surprisingly came out (stealth release) for its digital Games on Demand service in the US, for $20.

In the event all these low feedback sellers (with little to no actual feedback AS a seller) are legit, it's crazy if these Vita rereleases end up being worth more than the PS3 Limited Editions. 

Woke up at 2:55 AM EST to order this. I just hit refresh the entire time. When it showed that one seller was selling this I went right to that and made my purchase and went right back to bed. Currently I still have yet to get an email confirmation on my order, I only ordered 1 as I am not a dick. On my order page it does say that estimated delivery will be August 29th, 2014 but has not been shipped yet. Is there anyone else out there that has not gotten an email confirmation and your order went through like this? All of these people that have already had email confirmations are scaring me.
I'm guessing since I also have my Layton x Wright game coming Friday, they're going to bundle them together to save shipping costs.

It's not the first time something like that has happened.

Yep my first Amazon rep earlier today was giving me complete BS.

IF support contacted them on my behalf about the issue.  Amazon rep told them "both orders, the payment is pending" and that "expected ship date is Aug 27 if the buyer confirms or change payment method they use."  It also says I received a email about this issue, which I did not, and to contact amazon support. 

The words "both orders" also made me think this rep is looking at the wrong order# or he's looking up multiple orders for the IF rep and just assumed mine had the same issue.  Either way sounds like Amazon not doing their job. Also the date did not match up.

Called amazon support back and they said they never had any issue with my payment and they can't do anything about ship date or even leave notes because its a third party distributor even though it is packed and shipped from amazon warehouse. 

Went further to ask how they determine how it gets packed and the rep said packers follow instructions that software generates package/box size and amount of air packets used based on dimensions/weight of items.  Then it clicked, so this is why they never changed their packing approach even though I had to do 9+ exchanges on CE guides even if I called them to try pack it better and left negative feedback each time.  Hopefully there was enough time and negative feedback about bubble mailers on the last couple of releases that the software was updated.

Also IF rep never answered my question what they will do for those that get damaged LEs.  My guess is they will try avoid the topic but lets see how they respond since I asked it again.  I expect the response that they won't do anything for damaged items though.

You aren't going to be able to get yours specially packed, sorry. You will just have to deal with the risk of an item being damaged like everyone else.

Btw, I'd be careful with the exchanges. Amazon can ban you if you keep doing exchanges.

I don't think there is anything IF can do except accept a return and give your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back