Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate when I get Collector's & Limited Editions and I just hear a bunch of loose stuff rattling around inside the box like broken Christmas ornaments (terrible for Danganronpa2 LE). It would be nice if NiS would shell out a little for more adequate packaging of their games.

Jelly of you guys that already received Danganronpa 2 LE from Nisa. Mine just shipped today so :( Wonder if it will fit in the mailbox. How big is the box and how much does it weight?

Do you follow online walkthroughs that translate everything?
Like GlassDarkly stated, the walkthrough don't translate entire conversations, but if you want the cutscenes translated, there is a fansub group that has those covered. I really wanted to play the game, especially after being so invested with 1-4 over the past decade, so kind of understanding the story over never playing it was a no-brainer for me.

I thought this was funny, what IF????

n5kL3E2.png

Jelly of you guys that already received Danganronpa 2 LE from Nisa. Mine just shipped today so :( Wonder if it will fit in the mailbox. How big is the box and how much does it weight?
It's big. Much larger than I expected and according to the label it weighs 2 pounds. They ship priority mail so it shouldn't take too long to get to you.

Does anyone else think DR2's localization is kind of... well, sub-standard? Sentence structure, grammar, even punctuation seems off. As good as the first game's was (probably the best one NISA has ever produced) I'd hoped NISA was bringing their A game for Danganronpa localizations going forward. This one seems like standard NISA fare. I've only played for a few hours so maybe it's better than this overall but I'm not exactly thrilled with it so far.

My Danganronpa 2 arrived today. Box was a little dented, but I don't think it affected the contents. However, the distributor wrapped my two copies together really tightly, and it caused a small crease/tear on one of my copies. The other copy has loose content inside.

I don't have any luck with Danganronpa, it seems. Both 1 and 2 got to me in less than perfect conditions.

My Danganronpa 2 arrived today. Box was a little dented, but I don't think it affected the contents. However, the distributor wrapped my two copies together really tightly, and it caused a small crease/tear on one of my copies. The other copy has loose content inside.

I don't have any luck with Danganronpa, it seems. Both 1 and 2 got to me in less than perfect conditions.
I think they all come with loose contents rattling around inside, I was complaining about it earlier.

Got a bunch of stuff today including my Danganronpa 2 LE & Neptunia LE.

As had happened to others, my DR2 box had a nice large dent in the top, but the over-sized box and thick bubble wrap kept it in perfect condition. I also hear stuff rattling inside, but with the contents, I'm not surprised.

My Neptunia LE also arrived in perfect condition. I was expecting similar shoddy packaging that others had mentioned, but my copy was shrink wrapped onto a piece of cardboard keeping it centered in the box. I'm guessing the amazon warehouse deal ps3 game I got prompted the additional packaging. With the ps3 game being on top (and wider than the neptunia box) it seemed the perfect additional protection.

Definitely had a good day after coming home from work today :)

Got my Dangan Ronpa 2 LE today.  After getting crappy boxes for Xillia 2, Killer is Dead, and more, it is always pleasant to see proper wrapping from a company.  NISA has, so far, gotten it right.  Why more companies can't bubble wrap the box I don't know.  The outside box was smashed (Thinking Postal Workers are getting mad about boxes lately!), but the game was fine.  Hurray!

Really was much bigger than I expected.  Does not fit on my Vita LE Shelf, so off to the top for a big display!

Had put a delay on my billing for Dangan 2 (Thanks to the Amazon shenanigans last month, I totally forgot about it). Just called em up now and confirmed payment, plus added another gift code.

God I love NISA's customer service, barely took 3 minutes total to do.
NISA customer service applied an expired gift code to an order for me a while back. They are top notch.

Danganronpa 2 LE has a pretty big box. I received it and the Disgaea 4 Vita LE. I kind of wished the Danganronpa 2 Artbook was a bit bigger, which I assumed when I saw the larger box. I was mistaken of course, and it's about the size of the previous Vita artbooks like Demon Gaze. Those glasses are cooler than I thought haha. Also it may just be in my D4 LE, but is anyone else's wiping cloth have an extremely faded and blurry image? It looks bootleg quality where people get an image and blow it up and it becomes an incomprehensible mess.

I can't wait to play Danganronpa 2 though. Looks like it has a pretty neat cast and is a direct sequel which is always nice for games. 

My Danganronpa 2 LE got to me yesterday as well in pretty much perfect condition. NISA did a fantastic job in wrapping the package. I've always said 90% of the damages are due to poorly trained delivery people.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24724]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24723]

My DR2 LE arrived in perfect shape as well.  I really appreciate that they were generous with the bubble wrap.

I went to the NISA panel at PAX over the weekend and it was interesting hearing them talk a bit about the process for how they handle translations and such.  It sounds pretty complicated and time consuming.

But I will still always cringe every time I see a bubble text with nothing but "..." in it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/03/senran-kagura-bon-apptit-served-stores-japan/

Definitely saw this coming.

Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit will be re-released as a retail game on November 27 for 4,320 yen. The Vita game will also be available as a double pack with Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus for 7,020 yen.

If you pick up a first print copy of Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit you’ll get some nice bonuses like a visual book and a soundtrack CD. In addition, the game comes with a code for Rin and Daidouji for use in the game and a set of PSN avatars.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit will be localized by Xseed, but so far only Shinvoi Versus will be released in stores.

I can imagine that if Shinobi Versus does well enough, they'll announce a limited physical release of Bon Appetite.
That I can see....a 2 pack here...no way. Just like Danganronpa was split into 2 games even though the vita release had both. Just not a great way for the niche companies to make money here...just being truthful is all.

Just started playing Tales of Xillia Today, who should I start the game with???
Jude. It's mostly the same but there will be one point in the game where they get separated and none of the stuff that happens with Jude is ever explained or summarized if you pick Milla, even after everyone regroups.

Jude. It's mostly the same but there will be one point in the game where they get separated and none of the stuff that happens with Jude is ever explained or summarized if you pick Milla, even after everyone regroups.
I just started it with Milla. Guess I'll have to wait and see it during my Jude playthrough.

Just started playing Tales of Xillia Today, who should I start the game with???
in general people say jude... I personally feel you shouldn't even be given the choice and should just force the player to play as jude first and then offer the choice after you beat the game... as the choice itself is a spoiler for a fairly late event :/

Thanks I guess I'll go with Jude, pretty excited to play this, the only Tales Game i have played is Vesperia and that game was great

Alvin would of made more sense being the mc imo even if I don't care for him story wise too much. Seriously no idea why jude exists let alone the even more pointless leia story wise. Even kline and droselle would of made more sense to be party members.  Love having a martial artist melee character though.

I have to assume that for each limited edition version of a game that people return because it has a slight dent hurts the company. Odds are they have to damage out that copy of the game. One less copy in existence for fans and less profit for the people that make the games you profess to love. Even if someone gets a mint condition game, what then? Do you guys use white gloves when you touch it? Maybe keep it locked up in a vault so sunlight won't make it fade? It's a video game guys. Play it, enjoy it, and worry about something more important.

That I can see....a 2 pack here...no way. Just like Danganronpa was split into 2 games even though the vita release had both.
I never understood that complaint, expecting anyone to localize two games to sell for the price of one is just delusional. If we had actually gotten the original games for the PSP in the past, then I could have seen it happening.

I never understood that complaint, expecting anyone to localize two games to sell for the price of one is just delusional. If we had actually gotten the original games for the PSP in the past, then I could have seen it happening.
This, Especially something so text heavy like Dangan Ronpa.

This, Especially something so text heavy like Dangan Ronpa.
In fairness, the costs associated with localizing even a text heavy game are tiny compared to the licensing, publishing, replication, overhead, marketing, etc...costs. Ultimately the reason we don't see many dual packs over here is the general risk aversion of publishers and the often lucrative front end deals many Japanese developers and publishers demand to license their games to US publishers for localization.

Really cheap Under Defeat HD. I can recommend that game at that price, but the gameplay itself is just horrible. When movement is tied to the angle you fire your shots, it just makes controlling your helicopter all sorts of awkward and unintuitive. Yeah, I know you're flying a chopper, but they're capable of strafing in real life and being able to control where shots go while moving.

There's also slowdown galore. It may have been a design decision to leave it in there, but I personally don't appreciate the slowdown.

It is not a traditional shmup. But if you can get past the awkward controls, you'll find it's a decent title.
I was under the impression you could go into the controls and pick a twin stick control layout. As in the right stick will fire and left stick will move.

I have to assume that for each limited edition version of a game that people return because it has a slight dent hurts the company. Odds are they have to damage out that copy of the game. One less copy in existence for fans and less profit for the people that make the games you profess to love. Even if someone gets a mint condition game, what then? Do you guys use white gloves when you touch it? Maybe keep it locked up in a vault so sunlight won't make it fade? It's a video game guys. Play it, enjoy it, and worry about something more important.
It's not that hard to open a CE/LE game to play it and then still maintain it in nice condition without going to ridiculous extremes. Is everything in your house broken and soiled? I personally like to keep everything I own nice for as long as possible and I don't think people who feel the same way should be criticized.

I take care of my stuff as well. But I don't think I've ever returned something I've bought online because it had a nick or dent. I also don't send my food back if its slightly overcooked. Just not something I'm going to lose sleep over. Just seems like many people on here are just looking for something to complain about.

I take care of my stuff as well. But I don't think I've ever returned something I've bought online because it had a nick or dent. I also don't send my food back if its slightly overcooked. Just not something I'm going to lose sleep over. Just seems like many people on here are just looking for something to complain about.
If I'm paying a premium for something, I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting that it be delivered in brand new condition without damage. Similarly, if I go to a 5 star restaurant and pay large sums of money for a meal, I have higher standards than if I eat at Taco Bell. I don't see many collectors here or elsewhere complaining about tiny nicks or dents. I do see a lot of collectors complaining about visible and very significant damage that shouldn't be present on a collector's edition that they paid their hard earned money to purchase.

Not being facetious, but how do you feel about buying the supposed "last" copy at Gamestop and getting the case off the shelf? I can see why people would complain, especially for items they're getting to collect and not necessarily play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back