Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I receive a LE and the box is rattling is the game still playable? Or is it completely unplayable like it would be if the box was dented?

Personally I visit this site for news and deals. Not to hear people complain about slow shipping and dented boxes.
We all visit this site for that reason, but this thread doesn't have very many deals (niche titles usually arent overproduced). Niche titles do not go on sale too often unless you get lucky, or it's Black Friday. This thread personally seems more of a news/awareness of niche titles and CEs that are upcoming, discussion of the games, or complaints about the condition of the CEs. Nothing wrong with coming to this site for that reason, but if you check this thread often expecting deals every time, you are simply just going to be disappointed.

yeah you'd probably have better luck looking in amazon ware house deals thread and psn threads for rpg related deals.  Just had fire emblem por pop up yesterday I think for 14$ and I think someone got .hack g.u. vol 2 for 20$.  Of course I laughed off the irony on the fire emblem since I already have it and paid 45$ for it.   :wall:

Well things are getting rather toxic. Guess I'll keep my opinions to myself.
I would just stay out of this thread. There is very rarely any deals posted despite the thread title, and the best deals are aptly covered in the PSN thread and Gamestop Wii games thread. This thread is great for news on new releases, though.

Yes, as opposed to a flipper troll like yourself who contributes nothing.
Sorry I don't contribute enough whining like you do that's for sure, you can keep the trophy for that one. I don't really get the "flipper troll" comment though, please generously contribute an explanation to me if you don't mind.

We all visit this site for that reason, but this thread doesn't have very many deals (niche titles usually arent overproduced). Niche titles do not go on sale too often unless you get lucky, or it's Black Friday. This thread personally seems more of a news/awareness of niche titles and CEs that are upcoming, discussion of the games, or complaints about the condition of the CEs. Nothing wrong with coming to this site for that reason, but if you check this thread often expecting deals every time, you are simply just going to be disappointed.
just dont bring up censorship on stuff.. especially for NIS published games featuring lolis =P

I was under the impression you could go into the controls and pick a twin stick control layout. As in the right stick will fire and left stick will move.
Since this doesn't seem to have been answered; yes, you can tie shooting to the right analog. It's a pretty fun game and a decently easy platinum if you're into trophies.

No Xbox One ads or excitement for Kofu, Yamanashi where I'm at, that's for sure. Also, funny thing, the number 4 ("Shi", し) can mean death. Odd (or appropriate?) choice for Microsoft to launch it today.  

Sorry I don't contribute enough whining like you do that's for sure, you can keep the trophy for that one. I don't really get the "flipper troll" comment though, please generously contribute an explanation to me if you don't mind.
So you didn't post the following in just the past few days?

Hate when I get Collector's & Limited Editions and I just hear a bunch of loose stuff rattling around inside the box like broken Christmas ornaments (terrible for Danganronpa2 LE). It would be nice if NiS would shell out a little for more adequate packaging of their games.

I got a couple creased copies of Neptunia Re:Birth LE as well, Amazons packaging is pretty bad when it matters most for some reason.

You do understand a troll is often someone who bitches about other people doing something and then does it themselves, right? As for the flipping part, what did you do with the second copy of Neptunia LE you fraudulently ordered from Amazon?

Hate when I get Collector's & Limited Editions and I just hear a bunch of loose stuff rattling around inside the box like broken Christmas ornaments (terrible for Danganronpa2 LE). It would be nice if NiS would shell out a little for more adequate packaging of their games.

I got a couple creased copies of Neptunia Re:Birth LE as well, Amazons packaging is pretty bad when it matters most for some reason.

You do understand a troll is often someone who bitches about other people doing something and then does it themselves, right? As for the flipping part, what did you do with the second copy of Neptunia LE you fraudulently ordered from Amazon?
I didn't want to call him out on that, but it looks like you did that for me. I think the term you're looking for is actually 'hypocrite.' The troll award should go to Rahxephon, as I think he got a rise out of a few of you.

Back on topic:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/03/tales-playstation-3-games-getting-discounted-reprints-20th-anniversary/

Maybe they'll get us a physical release of Vesperia? Doubt it.

I didn't want to call him out on that, but it looks like you did that for me. I think the term you're looking for is actually 'hypocrite.' The troll award should go to Rahxephon, as I think he got a rise out of a few of you.

Back on topic:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/03/tales-playstation-3-games-getting-discounted-reprints-20th-anniversary/

I'd really like to see a Vesperia localization for PS3. :(

Back on topic:

Cool, I can pick up the Japanese version of Vesperia for a cheaper price. Of course, I'll never be able to play it with the fan translation on my stock ps3, but maybe way further down the line with an emulator.

Back on topic:

yeah too bad for us. it would be nice if they just did a symphonia chronicles where they copy pasted where applicable and translated the rest. Anywho doubt we'll get these reprinted as they only just started getting rid of the overstock they still have on all of them new.

Actually it's not even hypocritical, those comments were not only factual but directly related to the hot topic at the time which was in-fact Neptunia Re:Birth1 LE and when everyone (except you and a few other slow "glitch" whiners) were getting theirs. You don't see me posting 10x about it after and then threatening to return it and sue Amazon & boycott IF, hence the original type of OCD complaining Rahzephon was referring to when you and other cry babies started attacking him for voicing a valid opinion.

And even though it's none of your business what I do with my Neptunia Re:Birth copies, I actually have both copies sealed in my collection. Ya, 2, and it feels great. You know why it's not fraudulent? Because absolutely nowhere in the Amazon listing did it state there was a limit of any kind, and there was no limit invoked when ordering and checking out. Simple as that. I'm sure quite a few people bought 2. We could have ordered 10 if we wanted to.

Too bad you were too slow to get 1 and are simply bitter. Get over it or head to eBay, they're only $350ish right now. By the way "Troll" is like 5 years ago.

Actually it's not even hypocritical, those comments were not only factual but directly related to the hot topic at the time which was in-fact Neptunia Re:Birth1 LE and when everyone (except you and a few other slow "glitch" whiners) were getting theirs. You don't see me posting 10x about it after and then threatening to return it and sue Amazon & boycott IF, hence the original type of OCD complaining Rahzephon was referring to when you and other cry babies started attacking him for voicing a valid opinion.

And even though it's none of your business what I do with my Neptunia Re:Birth copies, I actually have both copies sealed in my collection. Ya, 2, and it feels great. You know why it's not fraudulent? Because absolutely nowhere in the Amazon listing did it state there was a limit of any kind, and there was no limit invoked when ordering and checking out. Simple as that. I'm sure quite a few people bought 2. We could have ordered 10 if we wanted to.

Too bad you were too slow to get 1 and are simply bitter. Get over it or head to eBay, they're only $350ish right now. By the way "Troll" is like 5 years ago.
Oh, so if it's relevant to what you want to talk about at any given time, it's fine. If somebody else wants to discuss it when it doesn't apply to you, it's not. Got it.

As for Neptunia, I did get the one I ordered and you know what else, it was in flawless condition. I certainly wouldn't have ordered more than the limit IF asked everyone to respect and I certainly wouldn't be hoarding two of them. You screwed your fellow niche gamers and CAGs by ordering more than you should have. As such, it's definitely my business as someone who cares about their fellow community members.

Troll is a pretty accurate and relevant term for someone who posts inflammatory things like yourself with the intent of provoking responses. Saying something is "five years ago" is even more outdated than using the still heavily used and accepted term "troll".

It's pretty clear that you have nothing to contribute as looking at your relatively short tenure here, you haven't shared a single deal or provided any helpful insights on anything. Instead you have bitched about NIS not doing a "real" CE for Natural Doctrine (I'm guessing you're still regretting not getting your pre-order in on time), bitched about people bitching about Digital River and bitched about people bitching about damage. So, you have essentially done everything you have been critical of other CAGs for doing in this thread, the very textbook definition of a hypocrite.

Felt like sharing this. Did you know the Xbox One came out today in Japan?
http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-launch-as-sad-as-youd-expect-1630411606/all
That was pretty interesting. The only reason 360s were bought in Japan was because of the very few exclusives they had, or moreso that Street Fighter runs better on 360. With not that many games for next gen (specifically ones geared towards Japanese audience), it seems like there is absolutely no market for XB1 in Japan. Those pictures looked so bad.

edit: Also been playing Dragon's Crown and very little of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for PS3. Anyone else play these still? If so, anyone down to actually play?

I love Danganronpa 2, but I still hate their convoluted mini-game explanations that make things impossible to understand. Also what the fuck was up with that first trial? It took like 10 hours getting through all those turn of events. 

My Danganronpa 2 LE got to me yesterday as well in pretty much perfect condition. NISA did a fantastic job in wrapping the package. I've always said 90% of the damages are due to poorly trained delivery people.
My Danganronpa 2 LE came in the exact same packaging but was dented pretty badly on one side.

In addition to that, it came with a letter (as seen in the picture attached, click on the picture to get enlarged view) that explains that the Monokuma Coins outer cases were damaged, and they will have to send out replacement outer coin cases.

Terrible. I'm leaning towards sending this one back for refund.

edit: Also been playing Dragon's Crown and very little of Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for PS3. Anyone else play these still? If so, anyone down to actually play?
I still play Ragnarok Odyssey Ace every now and then, so I don't mind getting on later and playing. I completed the ACE storyline and the tower, but my gear isn't made for killing things quickly.

I still play Ragnarok Odyssey Ace every now and then, so I don't mind getting on later and playing. I completed the ACE storyline and the tower, but my gear isn't made for killing things quickly.
i picked it up for 20 due to the exp that was coming, just to find out you need to run a 125 tower to even open up the ace missions where you have to refight all of the bosses again. Just sold my copy on ebay for 29. Maybe i pick it up again from gamestop later on for 10

My Danganronpa 2 LE came in the exact same packaging but was dented pretty badly on one side.

In addition to that, it came with a letter (as seen in the picture attached, click on the picture to get enlarged view) that explains that the Monokuma Coins outer cases were damaged, and they will have to send out replacement outer coin cases.

Terrible. I'm leaning towards sending this one back for refund.
Interesting. That's roughly where the damage on mine is, only not as bad. I didn't have a letter though... I don't think.

I just got off the phone from NIS America about my damaged DangaRonpa LE.  I got a very nice CSR.

They said they would send me a replacement; luckily they hold onto a few for these kinds of issues.  They even mailed me a pre-paid postage so I don't have to worry about shipping costs when shipping it back.

They also said that they have extra box covers in case anyone is interested in just replacing those.  Turned my frown up-side down.

Oh, so if it's relevant to what you want to talk about at any given time, it's fine. If somebody else wants to discuss it when it doesn't apply to you, it's not. Got it.

As for Neptunia, I did get the one I ordered and you know what else, it was in flawless condition. I certainly wouldn't have ordered more than the limit IF asked everyone to respect and I certainly wouldn't be hoarding two of them. You screwed your fellow niche gamers and CAGs by ordering more than you should have. As such, it's definitely my business as someone who cares about their fellow community members.

Troll is a pretty accurate and relevant term for someone who posts inflammatory things like yourself with the intent of provoking responses. Saying something is "five years ago" is even more outdated than using the still heavily used and accepted term "troll".

It's pretty clear that you have nothing to contribute as looking at your relatively short tenure here, you haven't shared a single deal or provided any helpful insights on anything. Instead you have bitched about NIS not doing a "real" CE for Natural Doctrine (I'm guessing you're still regretting not getting your pre-order in on time), bitched about people bitching about Digital River and bitched about people bitching about damage. So, you have essentially done everything you have been critical of other CAGs for doing in this thread, the very textbook definition of a hypocrite.
Me, 2 valid posts, you, 100 whiney posts, yea good point. Oh and I posted a SE sale like 2-3 days ago by the way if you want to go verify and quote that too. You must have missed that while you were complaining about stuff and being the forum police. The "complaining" thing was referring to people who bitch non-stop like yourself but you know that you're just reaching.

And no, it's absolutely none of your business what or how much anyone buys. I know you think you're the batman of CAG looking out for your "fellow cags" (whatever that means) but here's the thing, it's a website, no-one knows you, nobody cares who you are, and nobody cares what you buy or what others buy because it doesn't effect their lives directly in the least. There was no quantity limit on the Neptunia Re:Birth1 LE, that's an indisputable fact, accept it, and move on. Or show me where it is on the Amazon product page before you start calling people "Fraudulent".

You don't think so, but me putting you in check definitely helps the community, call it a "balance" if you will.

Me, 2 valid posts, you, 100 whiney posts, yea good point. Oh and I posted a SE sale like 2-3 days ago by the way if you want to go verify and quote that too. You must have missed that while you were complaining about stuff and being the forum police. The "complaining" thing was referring to people who bitch non-stop like yourself but you know that you're just reaching.

And no, it's absolutely none of your business what or how much anyone buys. I know you think you're the batman of CAG looking out for your "fellow cags" (whatever that means) but here's the thing, it's a website, no-one knows you, nobody cares who you are, and nobody cares what you buy or what others buy because it doesn't effect their lives directly in the least. There was no quantity limit on the Neptunia Re:Birth1 LE, that's an indisputable fact, accept it, and move on. Or show me where it is on the Amazon product page before you start calling people "Fraudulent".

You don't think so, but me putting you in check definitely helps the community, call it a "balance" if you will.
Again, spend some time reading up on the definition of hypocrite. Here you are bitching about me acting as the "Batman of CAG" and here you are claiming all your bitching is justified because it's helping the community by putting me in check. Isn't that exactly what the "Batman of CAG" might see as their job?

You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else here, but at least learn to recognize the self-centered nature of your repeated complaints and the fact that the vast majority of everything you have ever posted here since you arrived is a complaint about other CAGs or companies. You can justify your greed and selfishness any way you want, but the truth is that you don't care about anyone but yourself and you enjoy seeing other people not get what they want including copies of Neptunia that you selfishly sucked up knowing that you were only supposed to purchase one. I can tell you that you're dead wrong about one thing, your greed did directly impact CAGs and other gamers. Because you had to have two copies to satisfy some weird need, someone didn't get the one they would have loved to have. I also get to decide what is and isn't my business. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore me or go elsewhere. Of course, a self-centered narcissist like yourself never is self aware enough to get a hint and I expect you'll continue to post your garbage here for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back