Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Yong Bosch pls. :lol: Renton Thurston/Doraemon style.
Johnny Yong Bosch is one of the few dubs I can stand listening to. I'll never forget first looking him up after watching Akira.

I got my LE copy of Fairy Fencer F in around noon (CST) in perfect condition from NISA. Of course, NISA always seems to do well with the packing. I don't have a pic per usual, but they used the same sturdy, green, bubble wrap and set the beanie on top for added padding.
Mine too :) I was surprised to see that beanie staring at me when I opened the box, but it's better for my shelf that they didn't waste an over sized box just to fit it.

It's not Chaos Wars bad, but it's more of the JP cast outshining the English ones on every level. Monomi is pretty terrible in English, though. Nails on a chalkboard for me.
why the hell are they calling Yuri Uru?

And good to hear that the beenie for FF is separate from the box. I can probably keep one of my copies sealed when it arrives. I didn't get it today. I used to get stuff really fast from them since im in Cali, but since they switched to a Texas distribution center it takes a bit longer

So I just noticed this today, but BBY changed the $50 Persona Q Wild Cards Edition that I had pre-ordered to a regular edition.  Just a heads up for those that pre-ordered back in July.

I'm cancelling; I don't know if I'll pre-order from BBY now.

So I just noticed this today, but BBY changed the $50 Persona Q Wild Cards Edition that I had pre-ordered to a regular edition. Just a heads up for those that pre-ordered back in July.

most people got a 30 buck card cause of it.

So I just noticed this today, but BBY changed the $50 Persona Q Wild Cards Edition that I had pre-ordered to a regular edition. Just a heads up for those that pre-ordered back in July.

If you go on the best buy forums and message one of the mods they will probably take care of it for you.

I called them a while back when this happened. They changed it back to the premium edition, then changed the price of my order manually.

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 coming to Vita next year.

Gameplay of the PSP game (somewhat nsfw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OGGctRmtbU

I expect it won't come out here, though.

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 coming to Vita next year.

Gameplay of the PSP game (somewhat nsfw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OGGctRmtbU

I expect it won't come out here, though.
Brah i was about to cream my pants. I hate this thread sometimes since everyone posts everything Japanese and most of the time a a good portion of that stuff is never localized.

I actually preordered the JP Dungeon Travelers 2 coming out next week. I figured an ecchi dungeon crawler based on To Heart would never reach here, and I wanted more dungeon crawlers for my Vita. So I'll probably get 2-2.

Wait what. An ecchi dungeon crawler? Is this digital or physical? I don't have my PSP anymore.. :(

All I have is my Vita.. and for some reason.. a PSP Go..

My Hyperdimension Rebirth LE came in today. Perfect condition :D/

Also got my copies of Naruto Storm and Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Shall be a good night.

On a side note, when the hell is Class of Heroes PS3 coming out? I just remembered I sunk 50$ into that and havent heard a word

Also got my copies of Naruto Storm and Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Shall be a good night.

On a side note, when the hell is Class of Heroes PS3 coming out? I just remembered I sunk 50$ into that and havent heard a word
Who was the seller of the Hyperdimension LE?

When Amazon sends notifications of things being in stock, is it instant or does it take a while to go out?

If not, I'm not sure how people keep track of hot items that are always out of stock. What do people sit in front of a screen and hit F5 every 2 minutes for hours on end?

My copy of theatrhythm came in. Box is creased on the bottom. Corners all dented but the outet box shows no damage. Was properly packed so it must have shipped that way. Uber disappointed. Between that anf the pouch only fitting regular 3ds, i may end up selling this one and gerting a vanilla copy. sigh.

My copy of theatrhythm came in. Box is creased on the bottom. Corners all dented but the outet box shows no damage. Was properly packed so it must have shipped that way. Uber disappointed. Between that anf the pouch only fitting regular 3ds, i may end up selling this one and gerting a vanilla copy. sigh.

The case actually fits the 3ds XL. It is a bit snug on mine but was definitely meant for the XL.

The case actually fits the 3ds XL. It is a bit snug on mine but was definitely meant for the XL.
I will try much luck with SE and see if they can send me a replacement (box). If the pouch fits the XL, I would keep it even if they told me they could not get me a better condition box, but I'd be dissatisfied. Can't blame digital river this time, as I don't think it's their fault.

Was thinking of starting up Akiba's Trip. Anyone played the ps3 and vita versions? Was wondering if one was better than the other to give it a play on, I own both. A quick goolgle search wasn't very helpful. About the only thing i really saw was that some people were saying text was a bit harder to read on the vita. Anyone here that can throw in their two cents?

Also, in regards t Akiba's Trip... was there some kinda controversy? I found some links bitching about it but couldn't find what the issue was. Closest thing i found were some people claiming the 'its a trap' joke was some kinda transgender slur or something stupid like that o_O Was that really what the hoopla was about??

I've been checking their site

From what I've seen it's waitng for something from sony

I thought I would have had my game by now :/

Was thinking of starting up Akiba's Trip. Anyone played the ps3 and vita versions? Was wondering if one was better than the other to give it a play on, I own both. A quick goolgle search wasn't very helpful. About the only thing i really saw was that some people were saying text was a bit harder to read on the vita. Anyone here that can throw in their two cents?

Also, in regards t Akiba's Trip... was there some kinda controversy? I found some links bitching about it but couldn't find what the issue was. Closest thing i found were some people claiming the 'its a trap' joke was some kinda transgender slur or something stupid like that o_O Was that really what the hoopla was about??
PS3/Vita Akiba's is essentially the same game. PS4 version looks a bit nicer with some new features, but runs at a lower frame rate.

Yes, the controversy was about trans slurs whatever the hell Tumblr gets upset over these days.

PS3/Vita Akiba's is essentially the same game. PS4 version looks a bit nicer with some new features, but runs at a lower frame rate.

Yes, the controversy was about trans slurs whatever the hell Tumblr gets upset over these days.
The PS4 one runs at a lower frame rate than the PS3/Vita? I bought the Vita one and not sure if just me, but I couldn't stand how the frames felt like they kept dropping. Does the PS4 one at least keep a consistent frame rate?

The PS4 one runs at a lower frame rate than the PS3/Vita? I bought the Vita one and not sure if just me, but I couldn't stand how the frames felt like they kept dropping. Does the PS4 one at least keep a consistent frame rate?
I heard the PS4 runs at max of 30fps because of all the extra NPCs and optional graphic filters. I think the PS3/Vita was aiming for 60fps, but it obviously drops all the time with lag.

This is going from people who've played the game on all three platforms, but I haven't seen any technical comparisons anywhere for it.

Nice! Good that it arrived in great shape! My Neptunia is due today, a bit scared because it got transferred to USPS instead of UPS but I'm still hoping!

FFXV Demo coming with FF Type 0 HD.

Type 0 comes out March 17th.

Aww yeah.
tumblr_mdgfpehkYN1r8cvzdo1_500.gif

I've been checking their site

From what I've seen it's waitng for something from sony

I thought I would have had my game by now :/
There is always an excuse... the next update will be something like, found a bug in the code that can not go out with the release, then there will be a disc pressing issue, then there will be a final test issue. It will eventually get to you, just don't expect it to be when Vic tells you.

On topic, for anyone who is looking for Mind=Zero, Play-Asia has it on sale for $29 shipped (if you can stomach the potential shipping issues). CamelCamelCamel has tracked the game to the lowest price of $36.xx at amazon. Bestbuy is $40 ($32 with GCU).

http://www.play-asia.com/mind-zero-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jxl.html

In case anyone missed it okami is on sale on psn and tales of vesperia and eternal sonata on xboxlive. 

vesperia wise 5$ is the best deal you'll get next to the new copies from gohastings sales last year which they supposedly don't do much anymore after being bought?

There is always an excuse... the next update will be something like, found a bug in the code that can not go out with the release, then there will be a disc pressing issue, then there will be a final test issue. It will eventually get to you, just don't expect it to be when Vic tells you.

On topic, for anyone who is looking for Mind=Zero, Play-Asia has it on sale for $29 shipped (if you can stomach the potential shipping issues). CamelCamelCamel has tracked the game to the lowest price of $36.xx at amazon. Bestbuy is $40 ($32 with GCU).

http://www.play-asia.com/mind-zero-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jxl.html
Don't forget Mind=Zero is coming to Steam as well. Good odds that it'll be significantly cheaper than $29 right away or very soon after release.

In case anyone missed it okami is on sale on psn and tales of vesperia and eternal sonata on xboxlive.

vesperia wise 5$ is the best deal you'll get next to the new copies from gohastings sales last year which they supposedly don't do much anymore after being bought?
Vesperia's not being on PS3 is annoying me even more with all these sales it's been getting on 360. :(

Vesperia's pretty good but I have to wonder how many people have played it recently. The game has long load times so you're kind of being punished for getting into battles since it has to load every fight and then load the map again. It's not atrocious, but compared to the recent Tales games, it does noticeably detract from the game.

Perhaps they are thinking ps4?!? That would be a nice surprise. :)
Hahaha they're barely thinking PS4 as it is unless it's some Idolmaster stuff. Great wishful thinking though! I think we just have to keep looking that the future Tales console games will all likely come here as long as the games keep selling and once in a while we get the portable ones too. I want Vesperia for PS3 as much as the next person but yeah at least the future looks good for these games.

I hate that Bandai-Namco is so adamant about not releasing the superior PS3 version over here. :headache:
Vesperia on PS3 would be AWESOME! Or if we're really dreaming, a PS4 version! One of my favorite games :)

I'm cautiously excited about future Tales games on the PS4 and if they'll work with that Shareplay feature that is being advertised.. it would be neat to be able to play a Tales game online with a friend :)

Moero Chronicle will have English in the Asian release. This may be a sign that we are getting it localized. Considering the game content though, it may be censored in the US, so this may be the only way to play it uncensored.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/16/moero-chronicle-localized-english-asia/
Decent chance and decent chance of censoring. I'm still not sold on Idea Factory International, and they would likely be the one to release this like they did the other game Monster Monpiece. I'll still buy it easily first day though. Can't get enough of these ecchi Niche releases, though I do have to say playing Monster Monpiece in public is not something I want to do either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back