Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise! The entire game consists of the Behemoth fight and is actually just one long road trip cinematic.
Man I remember fighting Bahamut in FF4 back when it first came out here for SNES. That whole moon sequence was cool, really, but that was a great fight. I don't even remember why exactly I thought Bahamut was badass since I've not played it in over a decade (will soon replay via FF4:CC on my Vita), but that was one of the parts that sticks out for me.

Man I remember fighting Bahamut in FF4 back when it first came out here for SNES. That whole moon sequence was cool, really, but that was a great fight. I don't even remember why exactly I thought Bahamut was badass since I've not played it in over a decade (will soon replay via FF4:CC on my Vita), but that was one of the parts that sticks out for me.
Four was the one where Bahamut gave a countdown, and then everyone who wasn't protected by Reflect got blown away by Megaflare, yes?

Has anyone seen a sale on Akiba's trip?
Nope. I can see used copies possibly dropping in price a bit at Gamestop similarly to XBlaze and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP on Vita, but given its niche nature, I doubt you'll see anything like an actual sale for it.

Anybody who knows Japanese want to see if they can look up out how to get the "A Precious Thing" and "Together Forever" trophies for Natural Doctrine? Nobody's posted how to do it in English and only 1 person so far has the plat versus 63 for the Japanese version. I'm not having any luck finding the info online. :(

Anybody who knows Japanese want to see if they can look up out how to get the "A Precious Thing" and "Together Forever" trophies for Natural Doctrine? Nobody's posted how to do it in English and only 1 person so far has the plat versus 63 for the Japanese version. I'm not having any luck finding the info online. :(
You beat the game a 2nd time (purple save icon/background) while Jeff wears the ring on the last mission. Ring obtained during the spoiler stage.

You beat the game a 2nd time (purple save icon/background) while Jeff wears the ring on the last mission. Ring obtained during the spoiler stage.
Nice, thanks.

New tip: If there's a section of the dungeon you have to open a door/flip a switch to get to, don't do it. Just continue on with the story. Jesus some of those are annoying. After Vasily and Zekelinde left I just went through the A dungeon right near the beginning, cleared out all the orcs past the door (it took like 2-3 hours of tries to figure out how to get it done with 3 characters), and went opening chests. One of them caused a bunch of the bugs to spawn, and with my party being positioned as it was Geoff ended up trapped in the room with the chest on the wrong side of the group. Game over.

Restarted to checkpoint thinking it would put me right before opening the chest because every other mine I've explored gives you checkpoints as soon as you've cleared all the visible monsters. Nope, before all the goblins again. fuck that. So annoying. I'll just go back in a handful of levels with a bunch more characters and crush those bastards.

I'm debating getting it just because my baby can use it, but even then I dunno lol
The bib is very small and barely catches anything. I put it in the washer/dryer a few times and the decals started to crack and peel... it's a shell of it's former self now and mostly faded. The plate and spoon are neat, but it's a real small spoon and it does not hold much.. it's ideal for baby food only. The other end of the spoon has sharp edges, but it's not something that will hurt a child unless force is involved. If they're just playing with it and exploring textures, it's perfectly fine. The plate is in the shape of kuu and I wasn't really sure what to do with the plate since it wasn't useful for saucy-type foods. I ended up using it for dry snacks around the house when my daughter was younger. She doesnt use it anymore, though I may bring it back out now that she likes to stare at new things. It may hold her attention for a few days.

The bib is very small and barely catches anything. I put it in the washer/dryer a few times and the decals started to crack and peel... it's a shell of it's former self now and mostly faded. The plate and spoon are neat, but it's a real small spoon and it does not hold much.. it's ideal for baby food only. The other end of the spoon has sharp edges, but it's not something that will hurt a child unless force is involved. If they're just playing with it and exploring textures, it's perfectly fine. The plate is in the shape of kuu and I wasn't really sure what to do with the plate since it wasn't useful for saucy-type foods. I ended up using it for dry snacks around the house when my daughter was younger. She doesnt use it anymore, though I may bring it back out now that she likes to stare at new things. It may hold her attention for a few days.
How're you liking DF2? I've heard it's crazy buggy.

How're you liking DF2? I've heard it's crazy buggy.
I have not come into any bugs... is there any specific bug you were asking about? To be honest, I havent gotten very far into it yet, I spent some time completing demon king box and then Azure Striker, before really stepping in it with Diablo and Hyrule Warriors. I suppose I'll get back to it in about a month or so after those two games are beat... I've really been hitting a stride now that the kids better settled with an 8-8:30 bedtime.

meh I'm not interested in the second half of sao so count me out.  It'd be neat if they made an actual dungeon crawler like the anime had.  Nothing will ever be as good as .hack for me :(

At the pace they are going it wont be long before we get a gun girls online game  :rofl:

btw did anyone else but me notice a similarity between the battles in the vid and the aida and boss battles in g.u.?  Seems like bamco ripped the engine for that right out of there

In case it wasn't mentioned before tales of hearts R is available for preorder via bamco's store on amazon too so it saves people the trouble of having to go to gamestop.  Sadly you cannot use amazon credit with the order :( Brightside that confirms it wont be anything like xenoblade was since bamco always keeps tales games in stock online and has sales quite often.

In case it wasn't mentioned before tales of hearts R is available for preorder via bamco's store on amazon too so it saves people the trouble of having to go to gamestop. Sadly you cannot use amazon credit with the order :( Brightside that confirms it wont be anything like xenoblade was since bamco always keeps tales games in stock online and has sales quite often.
We still haven't heard of any preorder bonus like EU gets, right?

We still haven't heard of any preorder bonus like EU gets, right?
yep so more than likely we aren't getting any preorder dlc just like with xillia2. which is lame considering eu gets 3 dlc and possibly 3 more if they win the drawing thing or whatever :-({|= not it matters its just costumes that would look kinda fugly in the game anyway.

In case it wasn't mentioned before tales of hearts R is available for preorder via bamco's store on amazon too so it saves people the trouble of having to go to gamestop. Sadly you cannot use amazon credit with the order :( Brightside that confirms it wont be anything like xenoblade was since bamco always keeps tales games in stock online and has sales quite often.
Do they give you a hard time, if you go cancel a preorder? I might go cancel mine next week when I pick up Shinovi.

Has anyone who preordered Natural Doctrine from Amazon gotten the $10 bonus credit yet?  I'm trying to decide if it's time to call & complain or not. :\

Does anyone happen to have a screencap of the PS4 Natural Doctrine Amazon page mentioning the Amazon credit? I'm ready to go the customer service route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back