Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend Time and Eternity.

I've played more than 10 minutes of it.
OvDW9Ik.jpg

It's a bummer to hear that Conception is a grind fest. I need a new RPG for my Vita after running through the Persona series. I guess I'll try Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I was really hoping for a sale on the Vita version. But at least I can take Victory for a test run and see if I like the gameplay enough to pick up the Vita version. 

And I'm definitely getting Battle Princess as well.

It's a bummer to hear that Conception is a grind fest. I need a new RPG for my Vita after running through the Persona series. I guess I'll try Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I was really hoping for a sale on the Vita version. But at least I can take Victory for a test run and see if I like the gameplay enough to pick up the Vita version.

And I'm definitely getting Battle Princess as well.
Did you play Persona 2

Do the touch controls make it better? That's why I'm considering it.
It's been discussed and debated a number of times. Some people like the touch mechanics, others don't. I personally prefer the PS3 controls because if my thumb gets even slightly sweaty, I find I have trouble accurately sliding. Other people apparently have no issues, though, so if there are demos on both systems, try them both and pick which one you prefer. That said, even with my complaints about the touch controls, I play the Vita version more because of the portability, and I have the Vita version of F 2nd preordered.

I have Project Diva f 2nd on Vita and the touch controls are alright esp since in that game you have different touch controls for different notes. It doesn't seem crazy responsive though, and i have to swipe/pinch/etc... decently hard. I do have a screen protector so that may add to my woes but it isn't terrible.

After playing both versions for a good amount of time, I say I prefer the Vita version not only because of portability, but because of the touch controls. I found the PS3 analog sticks to be too imprecise when hitting star notes. Though I was skeptical of how accurate touch controls would be on the Vita, I found them to be far more responsive and easier for hitting notes than using a PS3 controller.

Other than that, the Vita version has a negligible graphical decrease from its PS3 counterpart and it is also missing 6 songs that the PS3 version includes, but you can purchase those as DLC. This is why the Vita main game is cheaper, so if the 6 extra songs aren't your favorite, you saved some money by not purchasing them. Admittedly, I only bought the pack for one song, Tell Your World. Worth it though.

I don't comprehend Best Buy's shipping. I finally got the Tears to Tiara II I pre-ordered, originally for in-store pickup, on Friday afternoon and it was packed in a box with air packets; no damage at all. This is different from the just about everything else I get shipped from Best Buy where they came in bubble mailers. And this was shipped during the same time frame in which some of you are getting your Senran Kagura in bubble mailers.

I know I'm getting one version of Diva F; I'm just not sure which one.  I don't have to worry about input lag on the TV that I own at all and I would know if it was bad since I play DDR games, but I am not a fan of Vita touch controls at all.

I also received my copy of Senran Kagura in a bubble mailer, and I'll have to figure out where I will preorder my next LE/CE game because I'm not sure right now.  The game still came in perfect shape though.

At least it wasn't Neptunia Rebirth where I was perfectly on time to get a copy (cart and all) and then they told me that they couldn't ship to my address when I preorder things from Amazon all the time.

I'll think about the rest of the games on the PSN Flash Sale today and tomorrow.

I don't comprehend Best Buy's shipping. I finally got the Tears to Tiara II I pre-ordered, originally for in-store pickup, on Friday afternoon and it was packed in a box with air packets; no damage at all. This is different from the just about everything else I get shipped from Best Buy where they came in bubble mailers. And this was shipped during the same time frame in which some of you are getting your Senran Kagura in bubble mailers.
I ordered Senran Kagura for shipping on Thursday with a set arrival on Monday and it hasnt even shipped yet......

Gonna be super pissed if they burn me on this game twice

USPS delivered Dangan Ronpa 2 to my billing address and not my shipping address, which is the house I use to live at. And even though I had a hold on all my mail they still delivered it anyway.

Do you have any idea how awkward it is knocking on a strangers door and asking nicely for your package back? If it isn't Best Buy bubble mailer its Amazon being silly 

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Class of Heroes 2G release? Haven't received anything in the mail yet.

UPDATE: Just checked Gaijinworks' website and found the following:

10.17.14 UPDATE: The game passed Sony QA today! Next week we will get our manufacturing timeframe. We can't wait for you to check this out (especially the dual-screen play!).

10.13.14 UPDATE: Game is still in final Sony QA. We've completed internal QA on this submitted version without problems. Manual, packaging, holograms, etc are ready to go, so we're just waiting on approval for the code to make the discs. Keep your fingers crossed - we're almost there!

PRIOR UPDATE: Due to a very hard to reproduce bug, we had to do a tedious bug hunt and another round of QA which delayed us for about 4 weeks. The game is scheduled to complete what we hope is the final round of QA and receive manufacture approval from Sony the week of 10/5. The packaging (revised again) is ready to go, so we should finally be in manufacture very soon. We'll keep you posted as we close in on manufacture and shipping. Thanks for your patience!
So it'll still be a while it seems.

USPS delivered Dangan Ronpa 2 to my billing address and not my shipping address, which is the house I use to live at. And even though I had a hold on all my mail they still delivered it anyway.

Do you have any idea how awkward it is knocking on a strangers door and asking nicely for your package back? If it isn't Best Buy bubble mailer its Amazon being silly
you should probably contact bestbuy soon,

anyone gotten Senran Kagura from BBY? I had 2 ordered and have still not gotten them. They should have been 2 day express shipping. I glanced at tracking and theyve been sitting in Oakland all week

anyone gotten Senran Kagura from BBY? I had 2 ordered and have still not gotten them. They should have been 2 day express shipping. I glanced at tracking and theyve been sitting in Oakland all week
Mine aint even shipped yet. Ordered Thursday afternoon with Expedited, still processing and its supposed to be here monday.

I got mine in a bubble mailer with minor damage a few days ago... it's shinier than I expected.

I ordered 2 as well, and mines shipped the Friday before release. Got them yesterday. Did they use UPS to ship yours because for some reason UPS is always the slowest shipping method I ever get. It always takes me at least a week to get my stuff from Best Buy.

I didn't order that, but ordered something else from best buy that literally just sat in p.o. a week before deciding to move :/

I've been waiting all week as well. I hate this Mail Innovations, and it can take forever to get transferred to the local PO for delivery. You can imagine what's happening in Oakland -- that's one of the worst places where my packages get stalled and usually arrive in crap condition.

Yeah, especially if the party accidentally already opened the package and it happend to contain Record Of Agarest War The Really Naughty Limited Edition.

I remember one time I bought a ps2 memory card pack and it never came so I ordered another one.  Turned out it just sat in the post office for a month before it arrived but this was after I asked for another card and that one took like 3 days tops.

Mine aint even shipped yet. Ordered Thursday afternoon with Expedited, still processing and its supposed to be here monday.
I ordered 2 as well, and mines shipped the Friday before release. Got them yesterday. Did they use UPS to ship yours because for some reason UPS is always the slowest shipping method I ever get. It always takes me at least a week to get my stuff from Best Buy.
well i ordered it months ago shortly after it went up i think... back in friggin May. So kinda annoyed its not here yet Mine shipped the friday before release as well chickenbutt. On the 9th. I just checked and yup... shipped by UPS mail innovations it says. Bulshit. 2 day expedited shipping? im not very good at math, but if it shipped on the 9th.. and today is the 19th and its still not here, thats nowhere near 2 day. Arent they required to actually deliver it within the 2 day time frame for the expedited shipping? wtf? I guess maybe i should call them up monday.

This is actually weird for me. I usualy get my stuff in a couple days as advertised

I got mine in a bubble mailer with minor damage a few days ago... it's shinier than I expected.
Bubble mailer?! are you kidding me? I picked my GS copy up and theres no way this item should be shipped in a bubble mailer.. what the hell? Im calling CS if that crap happens

I've been waiting all week as well. I hate this Mail Innovations, and it can take forever to get transferred to the local PO for delivery. You can imagine what's happening in Oakland -- that's one of the worst places where my packages get stalled and usually arrive in crap condition.
Ungh... yea friggin Oakland. I have a feeling these are gonna arrive jacked up. Im actually thinking maybe just reordering them now and sending the originals back

If you like Hyperdimension Neptunia or you're a longtime Sega fan, there is a new anime that might interest you called Seha Girls on Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/hi-scool-seha-girls

It's basically Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and Sega Genesis as high school girls. Lots of old-school references like Golden Axe and Virtua Fighter. You don't have to watch on your PC; download the Crunchyroll app on your system of choice, click "Free Samples", and scroll to Hi-Scool Seha Girls.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Class of Heroes 2G release? Haven't received anything in the mail yet.

UPDATE: Just checked Gaijinworks' website and found the following:

So it'll still be a while it seems.
Crap.... I can't believe that I completely missed that this was happening. Any CAGers who ordered multiple copies of the physical edition and want to sell one at a reasonable price, please drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back