Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Mugen Souls Z is any good.... but a gamestop employee told someone that the only game like Dark Souls that he knew was Mugen Souls and tried to sell him a boxless used copy so the guy wouldn't have a clue.
Lmao! I don't even how what to say to that.

I don't know if Mugen Souls Z is any good.... but a gamestop employee told someone that the only game like Dark Souls that he knew was Mugen Souls and tried to sell him a boxless used copy so the guy wouldn't have a clue.
zuCzJyJ.jpg.gif

4th of July is the only government-related holiday I can think of that most people get. Maybe Memorial Day. Typically only banks and government people get the other federal holidays off (this includes students.) 

I think most non-retail/restaurants get New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Independence, Labor, and I think Memorial Day. 

If you get Columbus, Veteran's, Martin Luther King, or Washington (President's) Day off, it is a bonus and you are lucky.

Not really sure what that means... are you saying you're a student? Not everyone working gets federal holidays off. Those are up to the employer.
I'm a college student & Veteran's day does not affect our classes, sadly. Public schools are ran by the government, so I believe those are all closed.

I just ordered my tales from the Namco Bandai Site (It was with Amazon payments, yay!) however it says that expected date is Nov. 18. I'm screwed.

Do they actually do that? I thought they never did.
Yep! As long as they have the game on hand they've always let me pick them up at midnight releases. I've moved around a lot and the only time I couldn't pick a game up during a midnight release was when there was a shipping delay or when the release date was a ship date.

Is Crunchyroll worth the cost for new anime? Been a long time since I watched any new shows.
You can watch for free with ads on the PS3 and PS4 apps now. Another CAG posted about it last week. Just create an account and log in on the app and you're good to go.

I disagree completely. The debt system is awful. It's a game built heavily around sidequests, and I know a lot of Tales games have sidequests, but these dominate the game. It's basically a sidequest game with a main story sprinkled in, instead of the other way around.

It just feels like fan service to me. I found Xillia 1 significantly better, and I don't even think it is really all that close. Xillia 2 may have the deeper battle system, but to me that doesn't necessarily make it better, and I think Xillia 1 does everything else much better including the story.

I don't think it is awful because it is bothersome(even though it is) I just think the whole premise is completely and totally asinine. They couldn't have come up with something better other than forcing you to do mundane sidequests, most of which are all the same kind? How about just a traditional story and progress? It feels gimmicky. Like they added it just to try and be different, and IMO, it failed miserably.

Oh, and they reused almost all the maps. The bland field environments that were just so lazily designed. Xillia 2 just felt so "lazy" and uninspired. Even reused a lot of the game tracks from Xillia 1.

But I generally think Tales is going downhill anyway. I hope Zestiria rebounds.

To me Vesperia>Graces>Xillia 1> Xillia 2. I know DoTNW came in during that span as well, and I thought that was a solid game. Xillia 2 is my least favorite Tales since Legendia.

I would have preferred if it wasn't there, but it doesn't ruin the game for me. I had more of an issue with Ludger. Wish they would have just stuck with the original cast.

Wow. Every single opinion I've seen previous to this one is that Xillia 2 is much superior to the first game.
Yeah, that's pretty much me, though I can't really explain why. It helps that I have the official strategy guide to follow as I'm playing (I'm in the Ch. 11-12 in-between phase with ~50 hours played), and I like Ludger as the main character more than Jude/Milla from Xillia 1.

I was a big fan of Tales of Xillia, but I prefer the sequel.  The story hits harder, there's more/better character development, and the job board spared me from randomly wandering around looking for quest givers.  The character side quests add a lot to the game.  

You can watch for free with ads on the PS3 and PS4 apps now. Another CAG posted about it last week. Just create an account and log in on the app and you're good to go.
It was PS4 and Vita, not PS3. And you don't need to create an account to start watching. Are there benefits to creating one? I would guess that you could queue up shows and maybe continue an episode from where you left off, but I'm not logged in myself.

Hey what's the cheapest Akiba's trip has been for ps3?
I was going to originally wait for the ps4 version but looking at the difference i'm not impressed & rather have the ps3 version and save some $.

Hey what's the cheapest Akiba's trip has been for ps3?
I was going to originally wait for the ps4 version but looking at the difference i'm not impressed & rather have the ps3 version and save some $.
It hasn't been any cheaper than if you bought it new from Best Buy with GCU ($31.99+tax) or used from Gamestop with a b-day coupon + PUR ($25.19+tax).

I platted the Vita version, but I still plan on getting the PS4 version later on for closer to $20 due to all of the added content.

Nice of CR to make an ad-supported version on the consoles, buy why skip PS3? My only guess is the PS3 app got farked back in July and wouldn't play anything for days. Maybe they're only allowed a new update to the psn store for free once a year or something.

It hasn't been any cheaper than if you bought it new from Best Buy with GCU ($31.99+tax) or used from Gamestop with a b-day coupon + PUR ($25.19+tax).

The added content is just the bikini costumes, some image filtering, and some random guest participation gimmicks if you stream your game. Correct?

I platted the Vita version, but I still plan on getting the PS4 version later on for closer to $20 due to all of the added content.
The added content is just the bikini costumes, some image filtering, and some random guest participation gimmicks if you stream your game. Correct?

Nice of CR to make an ad-supported version on the consoles, buy why skip PS3? My only guess is the PS3 app got farked back in July and wouldn't play anything for days. Maybe they're only allowed a new update to the psn store for free once a year or something.
they did update the ps3 version. its just not free for whatever stupid reason

You're also able to change the hair color/style of the main female characters.

Yeah it's not much more that's available on PS4, but it's a great game nonetheless.

No holiday for me tomorrow, but I stayed an extra 4 hours today so I could do a half day tomorrow. Yay flexible schedules!

(Boo, I'm taking a half day because a mechanic is coming to fix our car)

I heard Microsoft had rules like that, so I would not e surprised if sony did as well. Fingers crossed I don't have to wait for ad supported crunchy roll until I get a ps4, that won't happen until kingdom hearts 3 happens, no speculative console purchases this generation, even if I have to wait for a ps5, Lol at least namco and nis saved the ps3 when it comes to jrpgs I like. Dragons crown and ninokuni were grand as well.

Was looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles PC... but my video card died today. Put in an order for a new one so I have to use Integrated Graphics in the meantime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back