Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it unplayable? This is the first I've heard of that
It plays fine.
yeah what Supplice said is true. the game plays fine.

the issue that Shadowysea07 might be referring to or thinking of is this http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/644717-the-witch-and-the-hundred-knight/68877604 . Where the game will exit to the xmb menu for no reason. This only happened to me once in my 20 hours of playing ( I haven't beaten it) I have heard Disgaea d2 had this issue too but it got a patch to fix it.

I actually prefer the ps3 version of neptunia because it's old school turn based, where it's almost extinct now. But ya rebirth 1 is a good starter game to see if you like the series since all other neptunia games play like that. It's a 4th wall breaking comedy type rpg that poke fun of iconic video games & anime references. The main story is ok but is meant to be funny spoofs of stuff like piracy in the gaming industry ect....

I feel kind of guilty for being one of the lucky thousand to pick up the Neptunia Rebirth LE on Amazon and I haven't even started the game yet. Way too many good games on the Vita this year

Picked up my ToHR. Now to buy a Vita XD
I never get why people buy games for a system they don't own...I mean it might be rare since the physical copies are limited to 2 places when buying it new, but yeah. I did get a Neptunia game right before I got my PS3, but that was a CE....eh. I hope it's a fun game though at the least.

Thanks!

That DLC is bugged and will crash your game is installed. >.>
Thanks for the warning. According to a thread on gamefaqs the emoji dlc also causes the game to crash.

Edit: This has been confirmed by Xseed. They're currently working on a fix w/ sony.

I never get why people buy games for a system they don't own...I mean it might be rare since the physical copies are limited to 2 places when buying it new, but yeah. I did get a Neptunia game right before I got my PS3, but that was a CE....eh. I hope it's a fun game though at the least.
Well, I buy it cause I want to support Tales (so few make it to the US). And I will eventually get a Vita next year.

Waiting for a deal on the system while jumping on the game before it disappears from stores?

Black Friday is a fart away, so this makes a lot of sense this time of year.

Really wish more games would support online multiplayer on top of local. Nearly impossible to do local multiplayer sessions any more than once a week if I'm lucky for relatively short bursts of time and the people I play with locally keeps dwindling since they move out of state/country. Getting old(er) is a pain in the ass.

Fantasy Hero Unsigned Legacy PS Vita Game Comes to N. America, Select Countries on 12/2

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-12/fantasy-hero-unsigned-legacy-ps-vita-game-comes-to-n-america-select-countries/.80948

Valkyria Chronicles HD Collection. jk. A man can dream :cry:
that fantasy hero unsigned legacy looks like a poor man's dragon quest from the youtube video i saw. i think i might get it down the road when it is cheap, and when i find out if it compati with vita tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBOwm1rYxTM

Anybody know to purchase add-ons on a kickstarter?

I put $50 down for a physical copy of Clannad, but I also want the t-shirt and physical soundtrack. I'm confused on how to add these extra items. Managing my pledge doesn't give me the option to add additional items for X amount.

Picked up my Tales of Hearts R preorder today. Mine was gutted, too, sadly, but the cashier was actually pretty cool about it. The transaction itself went fine otherwise, but as I was on my way out, he offered me some free preorder swag from other games that they had lying around to make up for it. ...Which, thinking about it now, I probably should have declined since it'd be taking away from somebody who actually preordered those games, but I was too stunned to think straight.

SUNNUVA--well, here's hoping that Best Buy follows suit like they did with Mugen Souls Z.

last time their was an exclusive rpg to gamestop the prices shot up to $90
That one wasn't also available digitally to help curb those price spikes.

Well I guess those are all good reasons. I guess I've gotten to the point where I have an extreme amount of stuff, too little time, and also less space with each game. Tales of Hearts R I could see becoming rare down the road.

I will get a Wii U someday, but for now wont buy games unless they're extremely cheap. Just too many games nowadays haha.

Picked up my Tales of Hearts R preorder today. Mine was gutted, too, sadly, but the cashier was actually pretty cool about it. The transaction itself went fine otherwise, but as I was on my way out, he offered me some free preorder swag from other games that they had lying around to make up for it. ...Which, thinking about it now, I probably should have declined since it'd be taking away from somebody who actually preordered those games, but I was too stunned to think straight.

SUNNUVA--well, here's hoping that Best Buy follows suit like they did with Mugen Souls Z.

I wouldn't worry too much about taking the swag from someone else. Unless it is a high ticket bonus, most stores get a certain amount of swag regardless of how many were actually reserved and they usually get thrown out or taken by employees.

Well I guess those are all good reasons. I guess I've gotten to the point where I have an extreme amount of stuff, too little time, and also less space with each game. Tales of Hearts R I could see becoming rare down the road.

I will get a Wii U someday, but for now wont buy games unless they're extremely cheap. Just too many games nowadays haha.
you will be smart to wait to purchase the wii-u, it is looking more and more like the next gamecube

last time their was an exclusive rpg to gamestop the prices shot up to $90
Wii is a more popular system & Xenoblade was not available digitally. Plus Vita's are region free.

You might see used copies go $5-$10 over its new MSRP eventually when it goes OoP (similar to Ocarina on 3DS,) but that's it.

I kind of get the feeling Namco will keep it stocked online for a long time. And they could always send a new batch to GS, like I think they did with One Piece: Romance Dawn. In any case, I feel comfortable waiting for a decent sale - if it does sell out and become rare, well, you can't win 'em all.

Anybody know to purchase add-ons on a kickstarter?

I put $50 down for a physical copy of Clannad, but I also want the t-shirt and physical soundtrack. I'm confused on how to add these extra items. Managing my pledge doesn't give me the option to add additional items for X amount.
Add the cost to your total, but choose the tier you still want. Once the Kickstarter campaign ends, they should send out a survey asking what you want your extra money to go towards.

probably soon considering its also getting a 3ds port. But you also gotta figure more people wanted xenoblade and it got a much more substantial print. Though You can bet on hearts getting reprints because they like to sell new games on bamco's store. They've done reprints for every title since symphonia. Vesperia being the most reprinted out of the group.

I'm worried xillia 2 isn't gonna get a crazy price drop :( If it was it would of happened already like xillias did.

I hate buying opened games myself, but for what it is worth, sealed Tales of Hearts R is empty aside from the game (nothing to actually take out). This seems to be the case with most Vita RPGs I've picked up lately.

So Tales of Hearts R has F2P type crap?

Yeah, between the translation issues, the exclusivity and that I'm soooooooooooo taking it off the list.

Yeah, between the translation issues, the exclusivity and that I'm soooooooooooo taking it off the list.
Huh? It has the same stuff that ToX1 & 2 has on the PSN store--costumes and you can pay to get additional levels/gald. I'm going to totally ignore the pay-to-win garbage, which shouldn't discourage you from playing the core game.

Like Vigilante said, it's the same thing as the PS3 Tales games on PSN. Which is pretty par for the course with Tales games as well as other JRPGs these days. There is a "season pass" that contains all of the non-costume DLC, which is currently $5 more than what is currently shown. This probably means more is on the way like the other Tales games to make it more of a deal if by some chance you were interested in getting all of it. Which of course none of those really matter because they're just boosters that you don't need and can get most through stuff like grinding, grade shop, etc. Sometimes some of the costumes are obtainable in-game too, but with the ones currently up they're not obtainable in-game. You get swimsuit costumes in the game, just different ones.

If you don't want to buy it at Gamestop, then buy it directly from Namco-Bandai for a physical edition or PSN for digital. Although their pre-orders aren't shipping until next Tuesday.

As for the translation, it's only sub-par because we didn't get an English dub (A fair amount of it, like Beryl's dialogue is translated pretty good in my opinion). If we got the English dub like any Tales game there wouldn't be as much of a fuss. I do however agree that they should have left the original names the same if they were going with Japanese dub only. There are a few other bits and pieces here and there that make you go "Wat." but it isn't anywhere near bad enough to make me pass up playing a Tales game. However I'm only 25 levels into the game.

Also:

X5CD65J.jpg

Pretty much a literal translation from what was voiced. Scary.

I'm really enjoying Tales of Hearts R :D Yes, it would be nice if it had a English dub, but I don't mind at all. Would have liked them to keep the Japanese names though.

I'm currently training Kor in the art of diamond-cutting strength nipples!

Nipples eh?  I did expect some interesting things in the translation, but that's a plus.  I will take this juicy bone Namco threw at us and happily eat it, even if I would have preferred the dub.

To be fair, even though there are some F2P options, I think they do nothing but take the fun out of the game or do nothing.

yeah the nipple thing was in the original supposedly because shing is dumb as hell (typical shonen protagonist traits abound :/)

as for the dlc outside the costumes its almost always obtainable in game and thus worthless.  The only time its ever been useful was the free skill and such dlc from vesperia that saves you the trouble of getting those skills a little bit in.  

It looks like Namco-Bandai is finally beginning to ship out their copies of Tales of Hearts R for anybody who ordered through them. Assuming everybody who ordered through them had the delayed shipping issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back