Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you had luck using the rewards giftcards (the $5 gift card you get for every 500 points earned) at NISA's store? 

I had a few left over that I know I haven't used and haven't expired yet but all of them say they're the wrong code. 

Have any of you had luck using the rewards giftcards (the $5 gift card you get for every 500 points earned) at NISA's store?

I had a few left over that I know I haven't used and haven't expired yet but all of them say they're the wrong code.
You have to e-mail them and have them convert them over to their new system unfortunately. They are supposedly working on a new system where they bank all your credits and tie them directly to your account, but it's not working yet and the old codes are all invalid now. I still can't log in and I've checked my spam folder multiple times for the alleged account reset link. I am going to have to call them tomorrow. Revamping their site a week before Black Friday was a pretty poor choice and the revamp frankly is over designed and cumbersome and this is coming from someone with a very fast Internet connection and newer computer and the site slows to a crawl whenever I use it now.

I go to check out and it takes me to a page that is all text that says "close" and "place order" and neither button works. Doesn't even ask me to confirm payment info or whatever either.

Play Asia has the 64GB Vita cards for $83.99. Seems to be the lowest price to date and I'm desperately full. Have been for a long god damn time. I'm a storage pig so this thing will be full within a couple months tops (likely full day one when I put tons of stuff I pulled off my old card back on). Should I bite or wait some more? I feel like there may be a super sale around the corner for like $60 and I'll be kicking myself.
Damn, that's near my minimum price ($80). Going to have to think this one over.

It was in front of the manual.

Looks to be a card for the Vita AR, I think.

yBRHiu9.jpg
Looks like I'll be contacting Sega, mine didn't include a copy.

Play Asia doesn't do free shipping anymore? When did that change? $5 shipping absolutely kills both Drakengard and Danganronpa's deals. I can get the former for  about the same with GCU at Best Buy and the latter at Amazon. What a buzz kill.

Just went through all the Miku songs on F 2nd normal (i suck at the game). It's really more of the same. My biggest gripe is how hard it is to sight read with the music videos in the background. They haven't done anything to fix this. I would think a simple option to dim the background or turn off music videos would solve this, but nope. 

Things like stars flowing down and the background is a bunch of flowing gold coins... smh. Everything else is fine though. I personally prefer the 1st game's song selection, but that's just me.

Also just put in an order for Hotaru no Nikki on NIS. Are there other games I should be on the look out for that aren't being sold through the usual retailers (i.e. Amazon, Gamestop, BB)? Don't care for LEs, mainly interested in physical for console.

I already got Tales of Hearts R and just waiting on Class of Heroes from Gaijin works. They're expecting to ship before Thanksgiving. Knowing them, it probably means before the end the year.

NISA's new website is awful. Can't even check out properly.
HOly shitballs... just checked the site really quick beause of this post. WTF happened? Havent tried checking out but the new layout is friggin horrible. Looks like a 90's geocities site or something. Huge gaudy pictures and icons everywhere. When did they change this? Not sure what was wrong with the old layout. It was quite functional and made sense.

Havent tried buying anyting. Sounds like a lot of people are having issues

I still wanna get the first 4 .hack games on PS2.
I pulled the third out of a bin for 5 bucks years ago, but never played it because I don't have the other 3. Or even the spare kidney it costs to grab a copy of the fourth.

Seriously, where's the .hack HD collection. What's the point of rereleasing collections of games everyone already owns...he says having just order the FFX collection.

NISA's new website is awful. Can't even check out properly.
I didn't think it was great before, but I would gladly take the old website now. The new one looks like it was created for someone who could not read any text under size 30 font.... 2 year olds and senior citizens.. yup definitely their target demographic. They need to figure out what to set the resolution to for anyone accessing that site. It's really really quite amateurish of them to leave it in this state. I see what they're trying to do, but the overall impression I get is that the main page is way too busy.

I'm guessing the current 48 size font and everything else is just a mistake. It didn't look that bad when I was there yesterday. It was the same layout but everything more normal sized. Someone better hop on FrontPage and fix it.

You have to e-mail them and have them convert them over to their new system unfortunately. They are supposedly working on a new system where they bank all your credits and tie them directly to your account, but it's not working yet and the old codes are all invalid now. I still can't log in and I've checked my spam folder multiple times for the alleged account reset link. I am going to have to call them tomorrow. Revamping their site a week before Black Friday was a pretty poor choice and the revamp frankly is over designed and cumbersome and this is coming from someone with a very fast Internet connection and newer computer and the site slows to a crawl whenever I use it now.
Ah... I didn't realize their site update was a recent thing. I don't visit it often so I figured it was done months ago.

Thanks.

I was able to click the forgot password link, got the email right away, checked out and got the confirmation email. Did all of this about an hour ago. I was using Chrome if that helps anyone.

I was able to click the forgot password link, got the email right away, checked out and got the confirmation email. Did all of this about an hour ago. I was using Chrome if that helps anyone.
I was able to reset my password also(it did send the email to my junk folder), but I didn't check out, as the discount codes don't appear to be working yet. I know NISA isn't making Naughty Dog money, but they seem to be doing well enough to have put a little more thought and effort in to updating their main source of income.

I don't know if they fixed it yet, but about a month ago theeir phone line was down as well, and it was down for a long time. Not days, but weeks, and I really don't know how long it stayed that way, as I finally got a reply through the ticket system, and got my issue resolved. How long does it take to fix a phone line?

I didn't think it was great before, but I would gladly take the old website now. The new one looks like it was created for someone who could not read any text under size 30 font.... 2 year olds and senior citizens.. yup definitely their target demographic. They need to figure out what to set the resolution to for anyone accessing that site. It's really really quite amateurish of them to leave it in this state. I see what they're trying to do, but the overall impression I get is that the main page is way too busy.
The problem with the NIS Store is that it's designed for mobile without regard for anything else. I'll never understand why companies do this instead of just designing two separate ones for mobile and non-mobile as the mobile ones often look like shit on a computer. It's not that hard.

Not a huge fan of Compile Heart games (mainly just go for Neptunia games...rest I get when they go cheap). That said with so few PS4 JRPGs I'll gladly support them. Plus having idols in games is neat....should be fun.
Are there any PS4 JRPGs that are even out in the states atm? Might pick up a PS4 this black friday or whenever I see a good deal for one, get one or two games, and just wait for all the japanese games to start coming out for it.

I go to check out and it takes me to a page that is all text that says "close" and "place order" and neither button works. Doesn't even ask me to confirm payment info or whatever either.
It'd be hilarious if you somehow just bought a bunch of bad games from them by accident that way

I pulled the third out of a bin for 5 bucks years ago, but never played it because I don't have the other 3. Or even the spare kidney it costs to grab a copy of the fourth.

Seriously, where's the .hack HD collection. What's the point of rereleasing collections of games everyone already owns...he says having just order the FFX collection.
you can play it by itself if you want. besides the story all that would be missed out on would be any thing that carries over from the last disc. It's funny how people only want these games now that they are rare. I got the entire set for less than 10 bucks back in 07. ah back when ebay was awesome oh how I miss it.

Are there any PS4 JRPGs that are even out in the states atm? Might pick up a PS4 this black friday or whenever I see a good deal for one, get one or two games, and just wait for all the japanese games to start coming out for it.
As far as I know Bloodborne will be the first one. Next year we should get quite a dew though. New NepNep (probably), Omega Quintet, P5, maybe we'll get the new Ys game and Dragon Quest Heroes seems likely as well

As far as I know Bloodborne will be the first one. Next year we should get quite a dew though. New NepNep (probably), Omega Quintet, P5, maybe we'll get the new Ys game and Dragon Quest Heroes seems likely as well
Natural Doctrine is on PS4 already. It's pretty niche, though.

I'm playing it on PS3. As far as I can tell all versions are completely identical.

Child of Light is on all three platforms as well. Not JRPG, but worth taking a look at.

The problem with the NIS Store is that it's designed for mobile without regard for anything else. I'll never understand why companies do this instead of just designing two separate ones for mobile and non-mobile as the mobile ones often look like shit on a computer.
Mobile is the future.

The problem with the NIS Store is that it's designed for mobile without regard for anything else. I'll never understand why companies do this instead of just designing two separate ones for mobile and non-mobile as the mobile ones often look like shit on a computer. It's not that hard.
I really don't think so. Ran SUPER slow on my phone, and the site formats were terrible, due to lack of flash and fancy stuff like that :/

I miss the old site. Basic is better nowadays.

There are a couple decent ones that are free on steam. Just search with the Visual Novel tag:

Couple of the free ones are:

Everlasting Summer

Narcissu 1st and 2nd

Rising Angels Reborn

As for not free ones, only one I can recommend atm is Cho Dengeki Stryker. Also, may not be quite VN, but I can recommend Analogue: A Hate Story. Currently waiting on the sequel to go on sale. With BF and Winter coming, just wait until the sales.

are there any visual novels on steam that you guys would recommend? I'm also thinking about getting Steins Gate I hear it's good.
Steins;Gate is indeed good. RightStuf has a consistently low price for the standard physical edition at $32 (and occasionally even lower whenever they discount all their in-stock items): http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=sg001se

At this point I wouldn't wait for it to get on Steam, either get a physical copy or download it (DRM-free!) from J-LIST or JAST USA.

I like the idea of visual novels, but they all seem to be moe and ecchi 'romance' fests, which I want absolutely nothing to do with. That said, Steins;gate is on my radar and so is World End Economica and Higurashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back