Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have bestbuy gamer unlocked membership, it is around $15 right now for a new copy. i hope you buy it new tho. if more people buy it new, hopefully we will have a better chance to get a sequel for ni no kuni
I have GCU, and sure will do I don't mind, and if supporting them brings a sequel, it's a no brainer haha. I like my games new too haha

I only heard good things about the game,especially the art 0_0. At the top of my buy list this season haha. And seeing you guys talk about Catherine, I'll take the advice and try to get a copy too! Man, I missed a lot of stuff by only having xbox. Glad I bought a PS3, although my wallet thinks otherwise haha
I know a lot of people are singing the praises of Catherine but I honestly didn't love it. It's got a fun story and the gameplay isn't terrible but by then end of it the difficulty and speed that you need to move at increases. At that point i was really tired of pushing and pulling blocks. Probably also worth mentioning that I played it in one 6-8 hour sitting so take that as you will.

Again not saying its a bad game, and you may like it as much as the others do, but those block puzzles just get frustrating from what I remember.

I know a lot of people are singing the praises of Catherine but I honestly didn't love it. It's got a fun story and the gameplay isn't terrible but by then end of it the difficulty and speed that you need to move at increases. At that point i was really tired of pushing and pulling blocks. Probably also worth mentioning that I played it in one 6-8 hour sitting so take that as you will.
Again not saying its a bad game, and you may like it as much as the others do, but those block puzzles just get frustrating from what I remember.
Ah okay, well I will definitely try it and see how it is. I'd hate to regret never playing it. Thanks for the input!! Any other games to recommend?

I would rec Star Ocean 4. I guess I was somewhat one of the lucky ones on the 360 ver. I never encounter that glitch that didn't let you continue on a planet. It did glitched a few times for me though. The worst one was at the final boss where the game just froze. I almost threw the controller at the system.

Since you have a 360, play Tales of Vesperia. I would rec Tales of the Abyss on 3DS or PS2 as well. But I would again strongly rec that if you've never played a Tales game, start with Symphonia. It will save you the trouble of wishing it had Free Run

I would rec Star Ocean 4. I guess I was somewhat one of the lucky ones on the 360 ver. I never encounter that glitch that didn't let you continue on a planet. It did glitched a few times for me though. The worst one was at the final boss where the game just froze. I almost threw the controller at the system.

Since you have a 360, play Tales of Vesperia. I would rec Tales of the Abyss on 3DS or PS2 as well. But I would again strongly rec that if you've never played a Tales game, start with Symphonia. It will save you the trouble of wishing it had Free Run
Will try to find tales of vesperia. Can't believe I missed that haha. And will definitely take the advice and play symphonia first once I get it. And of course, adding star ocean 4 to the list :D

For everyone recommending Star Ocean, just watch a minute or two of this to see why you should ignore them forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmnUi5NzTc

Skip to 2:30.

Tales of Vesperia is the best J-RPG of last gen, so def get on that.

I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed SO4 PS3... with English voices! I keep telling myself that I need to go back to it and plat it... I will keep on telling myself that. Those battle trophies are vicious!

Neptunia Rebirth 2 Vita release date announced. It will be January 27th, 2014 for both physical and digital in the US and January 28th digital and January 30th physical for Europe.

Link

Nice!

NISA pretty much has nothing to do with this series anymore. That was all Idea Factory International. I will likely go for the regular version again as I couldn't get the CE before, if there is one for this one.

Has anyone gotten their gift card to work on the new Nisa site. I even sent them an email, but have not heard back
I sent them a message as well, and still no reply. I went ahead and placed my order anyway, as qty are getting low for HtoL#NiQ, and I didn't want to miss out. Their phone service is 100 times better than their ticket system, but that was down about a month ago, and I don't know if it ever got fixed.

I don't know how a phone system can go down for an extended period in this day and age, but NISA found a way. If I don't get a reply to the ticket I opened by next week, I'm going to call and see about them manually applying my coupon discount to my order.

Neptunia Rebirth 2 Vita release date announced. It will be January 27th, 2014 for both physical and digital in the US and January 28th digital and January 30th physical for Europe.

Link

Nice!
Oh goody, I can't wait to buy another LE I'm never going to end up opening!

I kinda wish they weren't worth so much so I don't have to buy the game twice -_-

I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed SO4 PS3... with English voices! I keep telling myself that I need to go back to it and plat it... I will keep on telling myself that. Those battle trophies are vicious!
You and me both. Well, I had no choice when the 360 ver came out. I got use to it. Oh Battle Trophies, how I dislike you.

Just noticed Conception 2 for the 3DS is $24 at amazon. I usually only see the vita version getting sales. Good if you want physical and have 3ds only.

Ah okay, well I will definitely try it and see how it is. I'd hate to regret never playing it. Thanks for the input!! Any other games to recommend?
try the demo for catherine if its still up. That can help you get a feel for what your in for. But to warn ya catherine is hard so you may not care for it.

try the demo for catherine if its still up. That can help you get a feel for what your in for. But to warn ya catherine is hard so you may not care for it.
Downloading demo as we speak, sadly the download is taking forever so I'm just going to play it in the morning when it finishes. I'll try and see if there are demos for the other games too and try them out as well. Thanks guys!

Tried the Catherine demo and I like it so far. Will pick it up soon. And checking from the Best Buy thread for this half-week ad. People are reporting Tales of Xillia 2 for $20 and $16 GCU. So definitely picking it up at Best buy especially since I have some certificates to use from some xbox one preorders :D

NISA pretty much has nothing to do with this series anymore. That was all Idea Factory International. I will likely go for the regular version again as I couldn't get the CE before, if there is one for this one.
well unless things changed, this should be amazon only again, if they are going back to nis than maybe the sellout on amazon wasnt enough for them

Yeah, goto Best Buy, wasting gas and time in the case they MIGHT have it....no thanks.

Especially since Amazon is likely to have it Friday morning from what I gather about last year.

If worst comes to worst I'll get it when it inevitably goes on sale later and just play Graces F in December...

Tried the Catherine demo and I like it so far. Will pick it up soon. And checking from the Best Buy thread for this half-week ad. People are reporting Tales of Xillia 2 for $20 and $16 GCU. So definitely picking it up at Best buy especially since I have some certificates to use from some xbox one preorders :D
Make sure you spend time talking to people in both worlds. You'll notice over time that a couple of them will start to disappear if you don't help them out. There are also several endings you get based on that and the quizzes you take during the game.

i am hoping that amazon drops the tales of xilla 2 collectors edition to $80 for black friday, or bestbuy drop its to $100 or $80, so i can complete my collection of the first tales of xilla  with the tales of xilla 2 CE

Just picked up Xilia 2 for $16 at Best Buy.  Now I don't have to even go into Gamestop on Thanksgiving.   Thanks for the heads up.

does "in store only" on the availability page of best buy mean xillia is in stock, or just possibly? I'll call em tomorrow just wondering what in store only tells me

It probably sold out online. I did find one in stores, though it rang up at $39.99. Had to spend about 20 minutes getting CS to fix it correctly with GCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back