Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's really dumb is that they were already on sale for those prices on Amazon before the sale time. I expected Amazon to have a lightning deal to make them cheaper than that but I guess not.

Ya i been doing standrad shipping. On new releases they usually shipped by now. But order cant be cancelled online, so im Sure its fine. Im a worry wart anyway but i got 2x Qs LE coming for 67$ After pricing fiasco... So you know.... Hoping that order ships and arrives okay.
Oh no problem, i'm the same way sometimes! Hope it works out for ya! Mine shipped at 6PM tonight and will be here tomorrow around 3PM.

You, I, and several others in this thread share your pain. :wall:
this new site is terrible, just terrible. Realy dont get why they even changed it. Old layout was fine and it worked. This is a broken mess.. i need to order that game because i got an email saying its <50% stock

I got into my old account after I changed the password, as your old password won't work anymore.

customer service hasn't gotten back to me about adding gift codes to my order though.
thats the thing i cant change the password. I tried that and never got an email. Are you saying our gift codes dont work now either? i had like at elast $40 in those i think.

What am i supposed to do? I guess i need to actually call them up? I need to get that order in ASAP

I kinda got excited and then when I saw the deals

29qfleb.jpg

Kodokawa announced two new games for some PS system. The first is a Cthulu-themed dungeon crawl, and the second is an sRPG with Japanese mythology elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tiNgVX1cE4

this new site is terrible, just terrible. Realy dont get why they even changed it. Old layout was fine and it worked. This is a broken mess.. i need to order that game because i got an email saying its <50% stock

thats the thing i cant change the password. I tried that and never got an email. Are you saying our gift codes dont work now either? i had like at elast $40 in those i think.

What am i supposed to do? I guess i need to actually call them up? I need to get that order in ASAP
yup you will likely have to contact them to get a new password and apply your gift codes right now.

well just went to super walmart, dont know if this is for here, but the 10 and under bin which none of the games had prices, had a bunch of  journey collectors edition, rang up 15, the lady changed it to 10, might be cheaper than that but with no clerks in the area, still a great deal

Does anybody remember if there were any good deals for BF last year for portable games? I remember several good deals for consoles. Crossing fingers the $20 psn gift card I got can be put to good use as the recent weekly sales have been pathetic. Wish I would have jumped on August deals. Hoping for some GOOD vita game deals as Amazon sure is insulting customers.

Does anybody remember if there were any good deals for BF last year for portable games? I remember several good deals for consoles. Crossing fingers the $20 psn gift card I got can be put to good use as the recent weekly sales have been pathetic. Wish I would have jumped on August deals. Hoping for some GOOD vita game deals as Amazon sure is insulting customers.
Muramasa was on sale on Amazon last year.

Not Japanese, but Walking Dead s1 was $5 for the Vita.

Heads up for people shopping for VNs. Jlist is running a blanket 10% off promo for orders totaling 60+ USD. Buying three or more games will net you an additional 15% off. You can also use promo code WELOVEAAA14 for orders over 40 to cover their ridiculous shipping charges. Promo code is 10 USD. They have the ef and Littlewitch Romanesque LEs up for pre order btw.

Ah fuck, I forgot I ordered Akibas Trip PS4 months ago from Newegg and got charged today. Well, at least Best Buy didn't list it so I won't miss out on the GCU discount and I can finally indulge in the Japanity of Akibas Trip.

How? I haven't gotten any response from their CS via email and their phone number apparently just goes to voice mail.
Their phone service went down a few months ago, where it only goes to voice mail, and if that's still the case, maybe they haven't fixed it yet(I can't see it taking this long, but maybe they don't want to take calls anymore). My last ticket I opened during the phone issues took weeks to finally get answered, but it finally did. The phone service has always been great, as "Sandy" has always been good and prompt correcting any issues(at least for me). I don't know if she is still there or not, but currently their CS has been crap for the last 1-2 months.

How? I haven't gotten any response from their CS via email and their phone number apparently just goes to voice mail.
Their phone service went down a few months ago, where it only goes to voice mail, and if that's still the case, maybe they haven't fixed it yet(I can't see it taking this long, but maybe they don't want to take calls anymore). My last ticket I opened during the phone issues took weeks to finally get answered, but it finally did. The phone service has always been great, as "Sandy" has always been good and prompt correcting any issues(at least for me). I don't know if she is still there or not, but currently their CS has been crap for the last 1-2 months.

well just went to super walmart, dont know if this is for here, but the 10 and under bin which none of the games had prices, had a bunch of journey collectors edition, rang up 15, the lady changed it to 10, might be cheaper than that but with no clerks in the area, still a great deal
those bins are always ymmv sadly. Like my walmart had mario kart ds and rune factory 2 for 5$ or 10$ each I think.

smt soul hackers was 10$

smt4 15 or 20 I think

paper mario sticker star was 7$

jpn psp psn tales games were cheap and even more so if bought together.

Heads up for people shopping for VNs. Jlist is running a blanket 10% off promo for orders totaling 60+ USD. Buying three or more games will net you an additional 15% off. You can also use promo code WELOVEAAA14 for orders over 40 to cover their ridiculous shipping charges. Promo code is 10 USD. They have the ef and Littlewitch Romanesque LEs up for pre order btw.
Thank you got EF and Littlewitch...two nice Christmas presents for me likely. Also got Steins:Gate for a friend for Christmas. Think the only visual novel I haven't purchased this year is Cartagara from Mangagamer, but I'll wait on that.

Thank you very much Azxs.  I just have to figure out if the cheaper Steins:Gate physical copy still has all of the game features (and if the version RightStuf is selling is the limited edition or not - if they have the limited edition I will just buy it there instead) and I'm good to go.

Getting a discount on Ef is really nice.

Criminal Girls inviting me to do their punishments....how could I refuse? A bit much for the LE but I could like the music a bit.....I'll likely bite on that soon. 

"Touching Gameplay: Connect with the girls, and uncover each of their unique personalities through one-on-one motivational sessions with a unique use of the front touchscreen and rear touchpad. Fulfill the girls’ special requests to discover more about their interesting, and often dark pasts."

This part cracks me up. They tried very hard to make this sound like the game has some heartfelt, Hallmark Channel moments instead of the softcore, Cinemax moments that it actually does. This is even funnier because just above that is a punishment screencap :)

Thank you very much Azxs. I just have to figure out if the cheaper Steins:Gate physical copy still has all of the game features (and if the version RightStuf is selling is the limited edition or not - if they have the limited edition I will just buy it there instead) and I'm good to go.

Getting a discount on Ef is really nice.
That's the game in standard packaging. I have the LE, it's nice but they only printed 6000 of them. They're long gone.

That's the game in standard packaging. I have the LE, it's nice but they only printed 6000 of them. They're long gone.
Got it. Thanks!

I also just realized, in case anyone is ordering yet, that there is another 8% blanket promo (CyberWeekend150) if your initial order is $150 or more.

Does anyone know what it takes to get one of these special invites to order Criminal Girls? I buy from NISA all the time and didn't receive the invite. It let me go all the way through the pre-order process but wouldn't let me pay. WTF!

Amazon's prices are 25% off, so not really enough of a difference to negate the shipping cost. Assuming one isn't planning to spend $75, that is.
Aksys also doesn't charge sales tax unless you live in CA. Plus, all games are likely eligible for the discount including the CE's (which Amazon seems to be ignoring this year).

Does anyone know what it takes to get one of these special invites to order Criminal Girls? I buy from NISA all the time and didn't receive the invite. It let me go all the way through the pre-order process but wouldn't let me pay. WTF!
invite only is the name of the game you do not need an invite to order it. Nisa has had issues with their site since they switched to the new format. I was able to order by logging in first and then checking out with credit card

Rodea the Sky Soldier Game, originally intended for wii is releasing on the wiiu and 3ds instead

new updated gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWf0PUU-28

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back