Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone buy Akibas Trip for PS4 today?

Can't decide if it's worth it since I have it on Vita already.
I picked it up and just something with the character parts just seems off to me. Just looks a little distorted as compared to the vita version. Load times are practically nonexistent and the auto generation of crowds is pretty quick too. That was one thing that bothered me about the vita version. Overall it's something you pick up if it's your first time or let get a little cheaper, 35-40 bucks?

I pre-ordered Criminal Girls LE, but wasn't logged in and haven't gotten any confirmation email. So I made sure I was logged in and ordered again, and got an email almost instantly. Now I'm not sure if the earlier order went through or not =/

I hope NISA's customer service comes back from vacation or whatever they're doing soon. I sent an email about a $5 certificate when the site changed and still no response like others here.

Did anyone get Persona Q today? I pre-ordered at my BB some months ago and they didn't have it in. The cashier keep saying it's still in transit but the manager was trying his hardest to find it. He stated they got and unexpected shipment recently and they haven't unloaded it. He said he'll call me back tomorrow and if they don't have it, I'll just get my money back.

Arcana Heart 3 Love MAX for $14 is tempting, but my love for physical media wins again. I'll wait for the price to drop to about $20 or lower for the retail version.

Chaos Code I'll probably grab, since I believe it's digital only.

I pre-ordered Criminal Girls LE...
I'm shocked to see this sort of game localized. Perhaps it means these companies would be more open to Bullet girls, To Love-ru, or other similar games state side.

Did anyone get Persona Q today? I pre-ordered at my BB some months ago and they didn't have it in. The cashier keep saying it's still in transit but the manager was trying his hardest to find it. He stated they got and unexpected shipment recently and they haven't unloaded it. He said he'll call me back tomorrow and if they don't have it, I'll just get my money back.
mines was shipped today. Eta on delivery is tomorrow

Got 2 copies of Persona Q LE today. Never an issue with Best Buy.
They had them in store today at ny store with many copies on the shelf. But they did not fill any of the preorders and I had to pull my Wild Cards preorder off the shelf. Between this and not having my Smash Bros bundle preorder filled, been pretty discouraged with Best Buy.

A second copy ordered from Amazon also showed up today. It arrived in a giant box with some tarps I ordered and zero packing otherwise. There was enough room in the box that the Wild Cards box could have turned in any direction (it was a huge, mostly empty box). I have heard a lot of bad Amazon packing stories but never seen before today. Amazingly, the game was in great shape.

Started playing tonight and can't wait to devote a good chunk of time to this.

yup you will likely have to contact them to get a new password and apply your gift codes right now.

How? I haven't gotten any response from their CS via email and their phone number apparently just goes to voice mail.
yea... how? I tried calling like half a dozen times today, got no answer at all. Left a msg but doubt i'll get a call back. This is incredibly frustatrating. Ive bought stuff from them for years. Ive bought pretty much every single game LE theyve put out other than the censored mugen souls releases, and Natural doctoine (lame LE i thought) ANd ive bought almost all their anime releases too. Im gonna be pissed if i miss out on Firefly Diaries because i cant order the damn thing! Not sure what else to do now. Any suggestions?

Their phone service went down a few months ago, where it only goes to voice mail, and if that's still the case, maybe they haven't fixed it yet(I can't see it taking this long, but maybe they don't want to take calls anymore). My last ticket I opened during the phone issues took weeks to finally get answered, but it finally did. The phone service has always been great, as "Sandy" has always been good and prompt correcting any issues(at least for me). I don't know if she is still there or not, but currently their CS has been crap for the last 1-2 months.
Are you serious? I really hope your joking. One of the reasons i loved NISA is they always had great customer service the few times i had problems. I actually think that 'sandy' girl is the one that helped me most of the time, she was very courtious and took care of stuff ASAP. I really hope theyre not just moving to an automated crappy blanket system or something. I dont know why they did this website change without testing it, or wtf is going on with their CS

In for one, even though it's censored.
wait.. what? What is censored? I tend to skip games that have stuff edited out.

yup got my copy today. My GS copy was smashed to hell and partially opened. However my BBY one came in mint

yea... how? I tried calling like half a dozen times today, got no answer at all. Left a msg but doubt i'll get a call back. This is incredibly frustatrating. Ive bought stuff from them for years. Ive bought pretty much every single game LE theyve put out other than the censored mugen souls releases, and Natural doctoine (lame LE i thought) ANd ive bought almost all their anime releases too. Im gonna be pissed if i miss out on Firefly Diaries because i cant order the damn thing! Not sure what else to do now. Any suggestions?

Are you serious? I really hope your joking. One of the reasons i loved NISA is they always had great customer service the few times i had problems. I actually think that 'sandy' girl is the one that helped me most of the time, she was very courtious and took care of stuff ASAP. I really hope theyre not just moving to an automated crappy blanket system or something. I dont know why they did this website change without testing it, or wtf is going on with their CS

wait.. what? What is censored? I tend to skip games that have stuff edited out.

yup got my copy today. My GS copy was smashed to hell and partially opened. However my BBY one came in mint
With the customer service at this point I would try contacting them via their forums as their email and phone don't seem to be working... they still haven't gotten back to me either.

They had them in store today at ny store with many copies on the shelf. But they did not fill any of the preorders and I had to pull my Wild Cards preorder off the shelf. Between this and not having my Smash Bros bundle preorder filled, been pretty discouraged with Best Buy.
Ever since they screwed up my Mass Effect 3 CE order I've never pre-ordered anything limited for in-store pickup.

No need to worry about my copy not being put aside when ordering online though :)

I would be EVER so pleased if somebody might be able to get me a copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F at Fry's for that price.  Pretty please?  I'll happily throw in a couple extra bucks for your time and effort.

But you enjoyed Shadow Hearts: Covenant (and probably many more games that were edited.
How was SHC censored? Did they remove entire portions of the game like Mugen souls? If im aware of it i usually just pass on the game, i was unaware that SHC was censored unless it was the man festival cards or something. Only game ive bought in recent memory that i knew was censored was Bravely Default. And i heard about that after i had my collectors edition order in

With the customer service at this point I would try contacting them via their forums as their email and phone don't seem to be working... they still haven't gotten back to me either.
Hell, i tried that too! no response at all. Tried calling, tried emailing, tried the contact form on their site and tried posting on the forums... no response on any avenue and cant get anyone by phone. This is maddening o_O

I am not sure if anyone has posted this already but :

criminalgirls_pe_main_1.jpg

How was SHC censored? Did they remove entire portions of the game like Mugen souls? If im aware of it i usually just pass on the game, i was unaware that SHC was censored unless it was the man festival cards or something. Only game ive bought in recent memory that i knew was censored was Bravely Default. And i heard about that after i had my collectors edition order in
Criminal Girls is not my cup of tea, so I haven't followed it closely, but I believe I remember it being said that they removed some of the voices (moaning, etc) from the "punishment" mini games. I don't recall any mention of sections of story or gameplay actually being removed completely.

Aw frys its a tragedy you ran outta stock! My vita broke a couple weeks ago, right after I had bought the diva f dlc too. Well f 2nd on ps3 is fun

Criminal Girls is not my cup of tea, so I haven't followed it closely, but I believe I remember it being said that they removed some of the voices (moaning, etc) from the "punishment" mini games. I don't recall any mention of sections of story or gameplay actually being removed completely.
censored version has no audiprofile and extra fog during punishment. Remainder of game remains the same

tsoul's correct. And if you need a source, here's their PR (http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=791100#p791100):

The punishment minigame will remain as is, with a couple small tweaks. The first is that the associated audio will not be present (moans, gasps, short phrases, etc.). The second is that for certain scenes with little to no steam, some steam effects will be added back in to obscure some potentially problematic images. This will be kept to a minimum.
Seems minor enough that it's still worth picking up the game. But butchered releases like Mugen Souls, I'm with ya on those, kenshin.

Not entire section but there are audio removed namely the moaning (which monster monopiece and senran kagura had no trouble keeping). Within the moaning are dialogues that reveal their closeness as well as more of their story. Those will be removed.

They are adding more steam to the punishment.

Also, keep in mind that NISA takes way too much liberty when localizing that there has been many cases where the story is no longer the same as the original source. And for those who already import the game, many suspect that the story will be changed and one of the backstory for a character will most likely be alter due to the difference of tolerance in the west.

Ever since they screwed up my Mass Effect 3 CE order I've never pre-ordered anything limited for in-store pickup.

No need to worry about my copy not being put aside when ordering online though :)
This is what I'll be doing moving forward, for sure. All the GCU discount and elite plus points in the world don't matter when they don't actually get me the games I want the most.

A second copy ordered from Amazon also showed up today. It arrived in a giant box with some tarps I ordered and zero packing otherwise. There was enough room in the box that the Wild Cards box could have turned in any direction (it was a huge, mostly empty box). I have heard a lot of bad Amazon packing stories but never seen before today. Amazingly, the game was in great shape.

Started playing tonight and can't wait to devote a good chunk of time to this.
guess I have some hope to get one with GCU.

about how many copies of the LE did you see? it seems like it may be this particular store is a problem since they don't really have their instore preorder process down. what state is this?

guess I have some hope to get one with GCU.

about how many copies of the LE did you see? it seems like it may be this particular store is a problem since they don't really have their instore preorder process down. what state is this?
This is in Bellevue, WA. Although there have been some Best Buy wide instore kiosk preorder issues (most recently Smash Bros and Persona Arena), you are probably right about this particular issue being with this store. They had 8 copies of the Wild Cards edition on the shelf, but they may have all been preorders that were not fill, as the guy who helped me said that none of the preorders had been. I felt pretty bad for the guy as he remembered me from the Friday before at Smash release and how I had asked if they could see if they were expecting our preorders of this game in... He tried really hard to find my preorder before going to the shelf to get.

Unfortunately, looks like you cannot check stores for copies online right. Good luck getting one with GCU.

I'd like some advice. I only have a ps3 and ps4, no vita or 3ds. I'm looking for a new jrpg to play but am stumped on what to get. I have played some atelier games and enjoyed them but don't own any, as well as some hyperdimension and tales games (I have some tales already). Any recommendations? Already have Akibas Trip, Graces F, Xilla 1 and Ni no Kuni. Kinda thinking about Fairy Fencer F, Drakengard 3 or one of the Ar Ceil or whatever games because I've never played them.

Those two sound like good choices. I'm actually waiting for a deal on them to pick them up too.
Xilia 2 is $20 this black Friday at gamestop & best buy too btw

I'm pissed that  no one on this thread made a thread about Hatsume Miku being $10 @ Frys.

I'd like some advice. I only have a ps3 and ps4, no vita or 3ds. I'm looking for a new jrpg to play but am stumped on what to get. I have played some atelier games and enjoyed them but don't own any, as well as some hyperdimension and tales games (I have some tales already). Any recommendations? Already have Akibas Trip, Graces F, Xilla 1 and Ni no Kuni. Kinda thinking about Fairy Fencer F, Drakengard 3 or one of the Ar Ceil or whatever games because I've never played them.
You could buy Persona 4 off of PSN. It won't be the Golden version that is exclusive to the Vita but it will still be pretty good. I loved the Final Fantasy 13 saga but I am probably a minority in that aspect. I would also recommend Final Fantasy X/X-2. I haven't gotten around to playing X-2 but X is really good.

You could buy Persona 4 off of PSN. It won't be the Golden version that is exclusive to the Vita but it will still be pretty good. I loved the Final Fantasy 13 saga but I am probably a minority in that aspect. I would also recommend Final Fantasy X/X-2. I haven't gotten around to playing X-2 but X is really good.
totally forgot about ffx hd. I had it but it went missing so I might pick it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back