Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
their free shipping thing has been weird for like a week. half the stuff I ordered wouldn't work for free shipping and xillia 2 had free shipping but it was 20$. Had to use sharpies and crayons as filler for mine.
It was because it was a Black Friday deal....happened in years past...Typically if it's a "timed" deal or gold deal, it gets free shipping.

Also, definitely worth doing the Amazon Prime 30-days free offer and then canceling the day before, if you don't want it. I usually sign up for a free 30 days of Amazon Prime a week before Black Friday.

I really liked Drakengard 3. Still haven't cleared that final ending though. Even with that stupid YouTube video synced up!  :wall:

Lots of people complain that it was broken. Why do you like it?
"Broken" is an exaggeration. I've beaten the game's 1st branch, and while there are technical flaws I don't find the game to be broken. The final boss with the rhythm sync seems to be the only broken thing.

Also I've read that lowering the output res to 720P from 1080P & disabling internet access can increase fps. Disabling WiFi+AP mode helps the Vita's fps in games, so I'm not surprised (try SS Delta).

I may be biased as I'm a huge fan of the Drakengard/NieR series but $19.99 is a great price if you're on the fence about Drakengard 3.
It's a little rough around the edges but it has a really interesting premise/story and the game play is much faster & more fun than previous entries in the series, IMO. It's a fairly large game too, as there are several alternate ending paths that open up after clearing the first story and there are also some fun DLC side-missions that delve into the other characters' back-stories.

I really liked Drakengard 3. Still haven't cleared that final ending though. Even with that stupid YouTube video synced up! :wall:
It took me hours of trying, but I finally managed to beat it a few months back! :D

Getting the 5th ending in the original Drakengard before anything like YouTube even existed is still one of my greatest gaming accomplishments, haha.

My KH2.5 CE got from the warehouse (TN) to Chicago within 12 hours. Chicago is about 1 hour away from me and the delivery date still says next Tuesday. Are they really going to wait till Tuesday to prevent me from getting the game early?

Just got my Persona Q wild cards from a newegg preorder. I know, I know. But I got what I ordered, and it came in a nice big box. No damage to the LE at all.

*sigh* 4 songs on the cd. You always manage to outdo yourself don'tcha Atlus.

What does the limited edition of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 come with? All I see is a pin
im actually curious about this too.. do all stores have the same LE? BBY mentions free LE upgrade for pre ordering, but amazon has standard and limited shown.. whats the difference between picking LE from amazon and just ordering the only one best buy has?

im actually curious about this too.. do all stores have the same LE? BBY mentions free LE upgrade for pre ordering, but amazon has standard and limited shown.. whats the difference between picking LE from amazon and just ordering the only one best buy has?
Both LEs are the same. They both include the highly sought after collector's pin.

Just got my Persona Q wild cards from a newegg preorder. I know, I know. But I got what I ordered, and it came in a nice big box. No damage to the LE at all.

*sigh* 4 songs on the cd. You always manage to outdo yourself don'tcha Atlus.
I finally don't feel terrible for not getting the special edition of persona q, and now I won't feel obliged to pick up the one on the shelf at gamestop. Thank you kind sir.

Bandai Namco also mentioned on their Facebook page that tomorrow they're having a Tales of Series sale on their store tomorrow. No other specifics were given.

I was going to pick up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on Amazon today, but now I think I'll wait to see if that one will drop even lower at their store.

Don't have a 3DS yet so I didn't get Persona Q, but when I went to my Bestbuy in Bensonhurst Brooklyn for Black Friday, there was like a stack of at least 20 or so behind a stage cage next to the register. That Bestbuy is huge too, so I wont be surprised if they have even more in storage. So I guess people were right about this not being as limited as the other CEs like the Golden one.

Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition is discounted 30% at the Namco Bandai store, making it about 91 bucks - eligible for prime shipping.

http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/Tales-Xillia-Collectors-Edition-PlayStation-3/dp/B00KMXSNF4
Another drop or two and I'll bite.

Don't have a 3DS yet so I didn't get Persona Q, but when I went to my Bestbuy in Bensonhurst Brooklyn for Black Friday, there was like a stack of at least 20 or so behind a stage cage next to the register. That Bestbuy is huge too, so I wont be surprised if they have even more in storage. So I guess people were right about this not being as limited as the other CEs like the Golden one.
Good to know. Have yet to see any at several Best Buys here.

Bandai Namco also mentioned on their Facebook page that tomorrow they're having a Tales of Series sale on their store tomorrow. No other specifics were given.

I was going to pick up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on Amazon today, but now I think I'll wait to see if that one will drop even lower at their store.
Bought tales of xillia 2 and tales of symphonia new at bestbuy. Hope they have a good deal on tales of xillia so I can get my jrpg craving satisfied haha. Still working on dragons dogma by the way :D

YMMV but Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is part of Target's 50% off BF sale so you could get a copy for $10 if you can find one.

I did not know that. It shows $19.99 online - Is it in-store only?

I can stack that with a team member discount and red card too.

Bought tales of xillia 2 and tales of symphonia new at bestbuy. Hope they have a good deal on tales of xillia so I can get my jrpg craving satisfied haha. Still working on dragons dogma by the way :D
Did you price match xillia 2 at best buy? It was showing $40 on the tag and the employees said they weren't price matching. I'm wanting to pick this up since I got the first game last christmas. I still need to play the first game, but I want to pick it up since it's unlikely we'll see a better price on this.

Did you price match xillia 2 at best buy? It was showing $40 on the tag and the employees said they weren't price matching. I'm wanting to pick this up since I got the first game last christmas. I still need to play the first game, but I want to pick it up since it's unlikely we'll see a better price on this.
its $20 at gamestop. Bestbuy had it for $20 earlier this week.seems they upped the price again. Gamestop is the go to for now

I did not know that. It shows $19.99 online - Is it in-store only?

I can stack that with a team member discount and red card too.
Hmm, not sure why the price would be different online....I found a copy in a BF 50% off bin on Wednesday and it rang up at $9.99.
However, it was the only copy I saw between all 3 stores in my area so definitely YMMV.

Crunchyroll is having a strange mystery game bundle for "cyber week". I'm assuming it'll go live either this weekend or on Monday.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/137561/Cyber-Monday-Mystery-Games-Bundle-2014-2-Mystery-Video-Games-and-T-Shirt-3-more-Mystery-Items#PS2

You get 2 games, 1 shirt, 3 other video game related items.

You can choose a platform you want the games to come from.

One game for that platform is revealed (ie, not a mystery). The other game is.

You can't choose the shirt size.

Not sure if current price of $59.99 is final. There might be a premium discount on top of it. Also not sure if it stacks with the premium member exclusive 30% off black friday coupon: BF2014

List of the non-mystery games:

There are 14 different platforms to choose from: PS1, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GBA, NDS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, and PC!

Playstation - Pocket Fighter
Playstation 2 - Chaos Wars
Playstation 3 - Warhawk w/Bluetooth Headset (Online Only)
Xbox - Dead or Alive Ultimate 2 Disc Collector Edition
Xbox 360 - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Nintendo Gamecube - Phantasy Star Online 3 Card Rev
Nintendo Wii - Castlevania: Judgment
Wii U - Scribblenauts Unmasked - A DC Comics Adventure
Gameboy Advance - Yu-Gi-Oh: Sacred Card Includes 3 Limited Edition Cards
Nintendo DS - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Nintendo 3DS - Lalaloopsy Carnival of Friends
Playstation Portable - Half Minute Hero
Playstation Vita - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
PC - Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

just saw the bamco stores sale, now i dont feel bad for paying the 99 for xillia 2 since its on sale their for 91, also buy 2 get the third 40% off is just pathetic for a sale

Amazon is selling Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for 19.99 (vita and ps3 versions).  Also, Ys Memories Of Celceta is 19.99 as well (standard version)

Ys:MoC was nothing special. I'm hoping the upcoming Ys game is better.
I think it's best that others make up their own mind. It is a good deal since it is a new price low of $20. One thing to note about this game (from wikipedia):

It is the third game to be considered Ys IV, but the first to be developed by Nihon Falcom, who developed the rest of the Ys series. It replaces Tonkin House's Ys IV: Mask of the Sun and Hudson Soft's Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys within series canon.

A bunch of other Xseed games were added to the sale too, including some PSP games for $10 (Lunar: SSH, LOH: Trails in the Sky, and Ys Seven.)

Anyone know of a free shipping code for the Bandai Namco store?  Going to grab the only two Tales games I'm still missing - Abyss and Hearts R.   Shipping's not awful at $3.95, but if anyone has a code to share I'd happily use it. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and just hadn't linked my Amazon Prime account.

I think it's best that others make up their own mind.
Interesting that the one you responded to was the one saying the game wasn't great but you ignored the one saying it is, then. :whistle2:k

I'll specify why I felt it didn't live up to my expectations:

1. The story was dull.
  2. The environments were very repetitive since most of your time was spent in the jungle/forest areas.
  3. All six characters having their own special action was nice, but it was extremely frustrating and tedious that you'd constantly have to switch in a character in order to use their special action to progress in the game. If I want to run a specific 3-character party, I don't want to have to swap out those characters constantly in order to punch a hole in the wall, open a locked chest, or whatever. That was just bad design.
  4. The trophy list required playing through the game a 2nd time for the plat. Why? Because there are 6 unique items and you can only get 3 per run. The extra run adds nothing else, so it's basically a trophy that makes you play ~30 additional hours. Trophies should encourage you to fully explore the gameplay, not just give you time-based hoops to jump through. I detest trophies of this sort.
It wasn't a terrible game, but it certainly didn't live up to Oath in Felghana by any means.

A bunch of other Xseed games were added to the sale too, including some PSP games for $10 (Lunar: SSH, LOH: Trails in the Sky, and Ys Seven.)
Too bad they're physical-only. I'd grab Lunar: SSH if it had a decent sale for the PSN code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back