Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I got 62. I guess that's what I get for sitting around contentedly for an hour before I realized my order was placed in their sandbox payment thing.

Since I got my PS3 I was able to get my hands on Xillia, Xillia 2, and Symphonia thanks to sales. I had Vesperia on 360 but have not played that yet. Sadly I do not have Graces yet and will look for a sale for that soon. If I remember correctly, I should start symphonia first at least and then choose Tale from there :D
after symphonia vesperia is definitely the most high quality and improved entry in every facet but story (its 2nd act ends abruptly, its third act is just sort of filler like. You can do sidequests to expand the story stuff for both of those throughout the game but yeah...). The only improvements the titles made after it were slightly better looking character models making them more to scale but still not accurate when stood next to each other and proportions are waay off at times.

Vesperia has the best soundtrack, dungeons, graphics/art design, sidequests, characters, leveling/skill system

Will definitely agree with you about Vesperia on dungeons (Xillia's field/dungeon design was pretty boring, comparatively). I did like the Lillium / Allium Orb system of Xillia 1/2, and same with sidequests.

But, characters.. eh. I thought Yuri was one of the best protagonists, but I dunno, the rest of the cast didn't really do it for me.

I will say the NPCs/supporting cast and villains were surprisingly solid, though.

Yuri was my favorite, but I thought all characters brought a good personality to the table. I thought the characters in Graces got worse after they became adults, and Xillia had solid characters, but they were pretty run of the mill.

Ultimately, Yuri was the star of the show in Vesperia, and he was a good one. I don't really think the Tales games since then had a "star of the show."

Has anyone been able to get a hold of someone at Nisa? Still trying to get my old gift cards activated.
Yes. I had a very hard time, but finally got ahold of someone. Try calling early durring the week. I got someone around 10am pacifici

Yuri was my favorite, but I thought all characters brought a good personality to the table. I thought the characters in Graces got worse after they became adults, and Xillia had solid characters, but they were pretty run of the mill.

Ultimately, Yuri was the star of the show in Vesperia, and he was a good one. I don't really think the Tales games since then had a "star of the show."
pfff f that. Repede all the way. How do you not love a wolf dog that smokes a friggin pipe and fights with a dagger in its mouth?! I had him as my world map character

seriously though, yea, Yuri was awesome too. And that was the only tales game where the 'betrayer' was so cool i didn't mind when i found out they were screwinng me

I played about 15 or so hours of Tales of Xillia, and liked it, but lost interest. Right now I'm playing Tales of Hearts R on the Vita and its been pretty damn good. The storyline is enough to keep me interested, but the fighting it much like Xillia.

Vesperia was great, but I rarely play my 360 anymore and it's hard to go back after playing 40 hours a few years ago. I hold out some hope they'll release the PS3 version for us on Vita or PSN one day. The Japanese version has a lot more content.

So. Street Fighter V just got announced for PS4 and PC. 

I should be excited but I"m not. Why bother since they're probably going to release Super Street Fighter V, Super Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, and the Ultra Street Fighter V in the ensuing 6 or 7 years.

Rather have a new Darkstalkers get announced. 

Wha! Really?! I guess ultra is the last sf4 and no ps4 version is coming.
I'd rather have a 2d Capcom vs SNK or new kof. But I'll get sf5

I should be excited but I"m not. Why bother since they're probably going to release Super Street Fighter V, Super Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, and the Ultra Street Fighter V in the ensuing 6 or 7 years.

Don't forget Hyper Ultra Ultimate Super Street Fighter V with $100 worth of DLC

It's only been, what, 17 years since the last Darkstalkers? I don't think Capcom cares about it anymore, aside from adding boobs to the random Vs games.

Finally heard back from NISA's support prinny regarding gift certificate code issues:

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for your message. I am happy to help!

When we recently updated our Online Store, we also updated the system we use to handle customer orders. As a result, gift codes that were generated under our older system were not registered under our new system initially. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused!

However, your gift certificate codes are still yours to spend! Today, we are converting older gift certificate codes to be usable with our new Online Store. Once converted, you will be able to use the same code you already have in the "Gift Card" field during checkout. We will not be issuing you a new code; you will be able to use the code that you already have. The only difference is the gift card's expiration date will be renewed, and will expire December 5th, 2015, one year from today.

We anticipate that old gift codes will be ready to use in the Online Store by later today, or by the weekend at the latest.

Again, we hope that we have not caused you too much trouble. We hope to see you in the Online Store again soon!

If there is anything else we can help you with, please ask!

Until next time, dood!

Support Prinny

NISA Online Store
NIS America, Inc.

I'm looking at that ordering page for the Class of Heroes 2G VGP exclusive.   Where does it say that this game is limited to 2000 copies?  Was that a different version?  Is this game truly limited and I have to pick one up soon from this website at full price or else I will miss out completely? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty down about having missed out on ordering that Retro City Rampage physical release when it was available.  Sad that I didn't buy a copy immediately.  But it has been an expensive Black Friday holiday already.

It's only been, what, 17 years since the last Darkstalkers? I don't think Capcom cares about it anymore, aside from adding boobs to the random Vs games.
Last Darkstalkers game was 1997. They rereleased a Darkstalkers HD Compilation on May 2013. Apparently, they wanted to make a new Darkstalkers game but since Darkstalkers HD sold well and not exceptionally well like they hoped, they stopped any plans of development.

Lilith is pretty flat though.

Darkstalkers3Lilith.png

The NISA nightmare is over!

On a whim, I decided to try clicking the "Forgot Your Password?" link again, and I actually got the email this time! I was able to change my password and now I can log in. Looks like I'm preordering htoL#NiQ (still not sure if I should get the LE) and buying Season 3 of Natsume's Book of Friends tonight. :D/

Finally heard back from NISA's support prinny regarding gift certificate code issues:
If there is anything else we can help you with, please ask!

Until next time, dood!

Support Prinny

NISA Online Store
NIS America, Inc.
Just got the same email. Good to see things should be getting back up and running again. Hopefully their customer service is back to the way it was before we got the silent treatment.

I wish someone would've mentioned how hard FF13-3 was before praising it. Not only is the time element irritating, but I cannot defeat Kriss on day 2. This game is definitely going back to Amazon despite the good price.

I wish someone would've mentioned how hard FF13-3 was before praising it. Not only is the time element irritating, but I cannot defeat Kriss on day 2. This game is definitely going back to Amazon despite the good price.
you must be a casual gamer then

The thing about Lightning Returns is it starts off more difficult than it ends. It's actually quite easy... if you make use of Chronostasis, you can essentially have infinite time as long as you continue to farm for EP.

Though, don't go too crazy, because you'll make a lot of enemies extinct and will run out of ways to farm EP(part of a later sidequest).

The game is very mediocre, though. It's basically a sidequest fest. The weakest of the trilogy IMO. The best thing about it is experimenting with Schemata, but even that gets old rather quickly.

you think Danganronpa 2 will show up on these weeks of PSN sales or should I just get it at Amazon? I sort of prefer digital on my Vita but I loved the first one so much I want to play this one ASAP.

I'd say it's pretty unlikely. It's only been out for a few months and NISA are not fond of sales.

you must be a casual gamer then
Nope. I only own hardcore/non-indie, but my issue is that I'm underleveled, and leveling is based on sidequests (which I didn't realize till now, and I've been focusing on the main quests). Also there's no reason to say I'm a "casual gamer". I've never played any game from the FF13 trilogy, so I didn't know what to expect in terms of mechanics. MGR:R on Revengeance is significantly harder than this (or Vanquish) and I completed that all the way to the ending.

Personally, I prefer turn based gameplay for FF games, or an ARPG one like FFXV/Kingdom Hearts.

What do you mean?
Was it really just an exclusive to the VGP website? People are talking about numbered editions presently being delivered to their houses. Is that where they all come from? Was there another version? Is this thing going to be available for much longer?

Was it really just an exclusive to the VGP website? People are talking about numbered editions presently being delivered to their houses. Is that where they all come from? Was there another version? Is this thing going to be available for much longer?
Pre-orders for the game launched some time back from gaijinworks.com - I think they generally only made as many as there were orders for. VGP probably bought up a good chunk and resold them at a slightly higher price (just a guess).

I don't think they plan on making more physical copies of the game past the first batch.

There was one released from Gajinworks that was a preorder.

I believe they sold some to VGP to release. I will let you know if the VGP is a numbered release.

Pre-orders for the game launched some time back from gaijinworks.com - I think they generally only made as many as there were orders for. VGP probably bought up a good chunk and resold them at a slightly higher price (just a guess).

I don't think they plan on making more physical copies of the game past the first batch.
wait are we geting our clas of heroes 2 pre orders now? I dont think i got mine and i ordered 2 copies ages ago. When did they start arriving?

wait are we geting our clas of heroes 2 pre orders now? I dont think i got mine and i ordered 2 copies ages ago. When did they start arriving?
Well, I just bought a single copy and got it on Cyber Monday. Gaijinworks said the singles were shipping out first, and after that, multiple(more than one copy) orders, so you should get them soon, they said they were almost done with shipping on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back