Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
FF7 Troll PS4 re-release and now this? Come on SE. I like you and all but not that much anymore. Thats for ATLUS
FF7 is a good cash grab. It was made for the PS1 and ported to the PC years ago.

Anyone remember this?

Woot collections for both ehh? Beats the time trying to find all the discs separately. Never played any of them, but with the hopeful release of them, and I'm assuming PLUS is better, I can get it with one purchase and add to the ps3 jrpg library. Now on Ni no kuni by the ways and the art is AMAZING! Nostalgia from movies like Spirited Away and what not. :D

Yeah, watching the PS Experience, it was nothing but ports and indie games. And "Long live Vita!"... Really, with that line up of games we've already experienced elsewhere.

Well, that would suck. It'd be incredibly noticeable and jarring to see Rorona Plus but just plain old Totori and Meruru, and nobody wants to play the original Rorona now.
Didn't Koei do Rorona Plus? If this is NISA, it seems likely that it wouldn't include the Plus version. Although they did partner with NISA for an Ar nosurge LE.

Lots of speculation for a rumor that probably has an error.

There is no plus aside for rorona on ps3. They would have to make a new port to ps3. I am guessing they are just a repackage of older games

There is no plus aside for rorona on ps3. They would have to make a new port to ps3. I am guessing they are just a repackage of older games
The other Plus editions are basically the base game + DLC so it's not that hard to do.

Meanwhile, from the rumor mill:

Hyperdimension Collection for PS4 and Arland Collections appear for PS3

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/hyperdimension-neptunia-hypercollection-rated-ps4-germany

As some comments point out, the rating was requested by NIS America - so I guess that means these wouldn't be the Re;Birth versions since IFI has those?
Well......I own the original Arland games on PS3 already. Just ordered a Vita so I can play the Plus games. Pls clarify what you're doing Nisa before my vita order ships. Depending on what happens, I may just cancel.

Well, that would suck. It'd be incredibly noticeable and jarring to see Rorona Plus but just plain old Totori and Meruru, and nobody wants to play the original Rorona now.
I played Rorona Plus then Totori(original) then Meruru(original).

It's not that jarring. Graphically, Totori and Meruru are more in line with Rorona Plus than Rorona(original). I did notice lack of some features like sorting and whatnot, but it doesn't feel too out of place.

PSA: 

NISA gift codes are working again, so if anyone who was having issues, it should be sorted out. I just used several I had in back up and they worked fine.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJE1h0pkbKA[/media]

Off Topic, but I found this incredibly hilarious. 

Bought Eternal Sonata and Ys: Memories of Celceta. Any thoughts on these two?
Eternal Sonata is a fun play. It's not amazing, but it's very creative. It's ideas are done well and are fairly unique, they just aren't revolutionary. It's definitely worth a play, though.

Can't comment on Ys.

Bought Eternal Sonata and Ys: Memories of Celceta. Any thoughts on these two?
Eternal sonata has a great unique combat system but its unbalanced to hell character wise, the combat is repetitive though since its only 10 hours long that wont be a big issue, the hit boxes an field effect boxes are scattershot, no back tracking till second playthrough, games too easy outside dolce who's only hard because you get crappy party members for her, the game does random party splits and is always removing the best characters from your party.

It has some interesting dungeons and puzzles but since the camera is fixed it makes things more annoying than they could be. The cliff dungeon is a giant pain because you can miss the ropes you need to get further down due to visibility issues. The fact checking for chopins story is inaccurate which is pathetic. If you are going to bother putting in stuff like that its amazing that you couldn't be bothered to actually check what your writing. Hilariously worse give the fact that the chopin society was supposedly involved.

the story is pretty awful especially the ending credits.

I love the melon ball enemies they were so adorable <3 it'd be cool if some other game took them in.

To explain combat added spoiler tags to save page space there are no actual spoilers below.
there are 2 elements attached to your skills and you use them entirely dependent on where you stand on the field, or what status effects are active. Enemies have an affinity to those elements and can change depending on whats going on. For example a bat enemy turns into a scorpion if it enters a shadow. Scorpions are heavy defense wise and the main way to damage them is to hit them with their weakness which is light skills. However since scorpions are in the shade your only option is ranged light skills until you get the light aoe accessory/items.

Battle boils down to mashing attack to increase the combo meter called echo gauge. The higher the echo the more damage your special attack skill can deal. Chain them on higher party levels and you can wipe even bosses in 3 or more turns.

tldr I love and hate the game. It could of been better and I would of liked not having to do a second playthrough to get to stuff like dolce battle #4. I'd like to see its combat engine fine tuned in another game some day. With the right balancing, and other things it could easily be the best mixed combat system of between turn based and real time.

caladrius-blaze-393111.1.jpg

Caladrius Blaze is on sale right now for $14.99 + Shipping on Play-Asia. 

Hmm indeed.

In for one. x_x

Didn't Play-Asia used to have fairly cheap shipping options of about $3 or so? I remember Project Diva F 2nd costing almost nothing to ship. This is nearly $10 though.

Sorry for double-post, but does anyone know if there are any major differences between the Asia and Japan region versions?
For some games, there's hardly any differences though being the same game/content other than possible extra language support, like how SAO for the Vita was (with included, but somewhat borked English translation), though not all games are like that that.

Ordered a copy of Caladrius Blaze as well. I paid the extra for faster shipping and it was still under $30. Thank you for letting us know about the deal!

I hope we get something like this in NA

Japan LE Bundle: Courtesy of Kotaku

Release date April 23rd for Japan

ulnodcyg5a5gjslev0ze.jpg

If Amazon gets pre-order for it, I'm sure they'll be cool with jamming it in a bubble mailer again. Goodness, so many got screwed from that recklessness.

We got one for Bravely Default, so maybe.
Considering the sales of Bravely Default, I'd say it's highly likely that there will be some LE or CE of Bravely Second. However, the main problem I foresee is Square-Enix's marketing. Bravely Default's CE was a nice price and could be ordered from outside their site. I'm worried about the pricing, if they're going to make an exclusive edition to sell on their site, and potentially bad shipping service. Though if they do that, I'm not as worried as to how much they would have in stock.

Crap, just saw this on pricing for Bravely Second.  $123! (on Joystiq.com)

"The package is on offer for 14,800 yen ($123), and its extras include the "200 years later" companion art book and novel, a "mini soundtrack" on CD, a notebook, a Pope Agnes mini-figure (yes, Pope Agnes), a strap detailed with new character Magnolia, and a code that adds unspecified in-game content."

caladrius-blaze-393111.1.jpg

Caladrius Blaze is on sale right now for $14.99 + Shipping on Play-Asia.
Came here to post this (you posted the box art for the Japanese version and not the Asian version that is on sale btw). Even with the absurd $6.90 shipping it's probably the best deal for Caladrius for who knows how long. Went ahead and snagged the 64GB Vita memory card that I've been waffling on for a couple weeks since the additional shipping was only another ~$2. Can't wait till those arrive!

EDIT: Holy shnikies that sold out fast. So glad I put in an order before I left for work instead of after I got here like I usually do. Amazing what 50 minutes can change. I would have been PO'd if I missed it as I have had the JP version on my watch list for a long time and I have to own all things shmup. There's always a chance for a restock, but who knows since they don't always do it for these specials.

Wow. My copy of caladrius has already shipped. Hopefully see it before the new year. Have it on 360 but would love to see the new modes and fighter in this one. For $20, I will consider this dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back