Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait did PlayAsia stop offering free shipping? I was browsing around and there doesn't seem to be any mention of it anymore! :O
They have been doing it for at least a few weeks. Killed a couple of things I would have ordered recently too. I'm hoping it's just a holiday gotcha tax that will go away in January.

Guessing that the recent bout of late packages followed by PayPal chargebacks made them get rid of that option. Either that or the increase for the holidays.
They have been doing it for at least a few weeks. Killed a couple of things I would have ordered recently too. I'm hoping it's just a holiday gotcha tax that will go away in January.
Ah okay. Well I hope it's just for the holidays. I like my free shipping!!!

Crap, just saw this on pricing for Bravely Second. $123! (on Joystiq.com)

"The package is on offer for 14,800 yen ($123), and its extras include the "200 years later" companion art book and novel, a "mini soundtrack" on CD, a notebook, a Pope Agnes mini-figure (yes, Pope Agnes), a strap detailed with new character Magnolia, and a code that adds unspecified in-game content."
Not aimed at you, but there's like 4 posts here announcing the Japanese release...

But let's break it down, and see if it's reasonable. EPs are about $10 over there. The quality of the Agnes figure looks like something between gachapons and cu-poche/nendo petites, so probably a $10-15 figure. The game itself probably will have an MSRP of about $50. About $10 each for the artbook, notebook, and strap... So it feels like a $20 premium for getting the CE.

My estimates, obviously.

Came here to post this (you posted the box art for the Japanese version and not the Asian version that is on sale btw). Even with the absurd $6.90 shipping it's probably the best deal for Caladrius for who knows how long. Went ahead and snagged the 64GB Vita memory card that I've been waffling on for a couple weeks since the additional shipping was only another ~$2. Can't wait till those arrive!

EDIT: Holy shnikies that sold out fast. So glad I put in an order before I left for work instead of after I got here like I usually do. Amazing what 50 minutes can change. I would have been PO'd if I missed it as I have had the JP version on my watch list for a long time and I have to own all things shmup. There's always a chance for a restock, but who knows since they don't always do it for these specials.
It was the box art used on the product page before they edited it.

Yet another game I missed out on by waiting. I had the damn thing in my cart and was on the check out screen, but was like, "oh, the sale last 6 days? I'll do it later."

Anyone get an extra copy of Caladrius Blaze they'd be willing to sell to me

anyone was able to get a extra copy of Caladrius Blaze (i can paid extra $$ for it)

i can give 10$ extra + game price (14.99) (so i can give 24.99$ + sh)

thx just pm

Now, do I DL it to my Ps3, or myPS Vita?
Why_not_both.jpg

Now, do I DL it to my Ps3, or myPS Vita?
One thing to note: Apparently there may be an issue with downloading Suikoden II to the Vita. You can't purchase Suikoden II on PSN right now, so it's possible they deactivated the listing until the issue is fixed.

Well, just as a reminder, Suikoden II, as it was up by about 10-11 AM PST, was $6, hours later, it was removed and relisted with the $10 price, so yeah, those that got it early got it at the lowest price, and now that $10 for Suikoden II is here to stay. >_>

Well, just as a reminder, Suikoden II, as it was up by about 10-11 AM PST, was $6, hours later, it was removed and relisted with the $10 price, so yeah, those that got it early got it at the lowest price, and now that $10 for Suikoden II is here to stay. >_>
Damnit I would have bit if I knew it would likely perma go up. I wish ps1 and 2 games would have a big $5 sale soon, I want to fill in a lot of jrpg gaps l have from being a late commer on those systems as a kid.

caladrius-blaze-393111.1.jpg

Caladrius Blaze is on sale right now for $14.99 + Shipping on Play-Asia.

so whats up is the sale over already? Went to go snag it and a 3ds case or something but it looks like its at full price again now., Also didn't see an answer to difference between JP and asian version... though if sales over guess it doesn't matter. Sucks if i missed it, was it like a 1 day sale?

Only called the Asia Edition because it was released in Asia. 

A part of me regrets not buying Caladrius. But another didn't want to spend more money. Already spent a lot this month. :lol: 

so whats up is the sale over already? Went to go snag it and a 3ds case or something but it looks like its at full price again now., Also didn't see an answer to difference between JP and asian version... though if sales over guess it doesn't matter. Sucks if i missed it, was it like a 1 day sale?
It's over because they sold out of their sale stock. The sale is good for the week or until inventory runs out. In Caladrius' case it was just a few hours. This has happened a few times recently and sometimes the sale product comes back in stock so there's hope, especially this early in the week.

meh dq doesn't have much in the way of good music.  There are probably dozens of games se has made that would be better choices. chrono trigger and cross just off the top of my head.  It will probably still sell crazy bananas in jpn though.  I see plenty of people are still rightfully asking for dq7 though.  good for them.  it can be their tales of vesperia ps3.

meh dq doesn't have much in the way of good music. There are probably dozens of games se has made that would be better choices. chrono trigger and cross just off the top of my head.
Have you played Dragon Quest V or VIII?? Both have awesome soundtracks! I do agree that a Chrono Trigger/Cross Theatrhythm game would be amazing!

meh dq doesn't have much in the way of good music. There are probably dozens of games se has made that would be better choices. chrono trigger and cross just off the top of my head. It will probably still sell crazy bananas in jpn though. I see plenty of people are still rightfully asking for dq7 though. good for them. it can be their tales of vesperia ps3.
Dragon Quest has THE BEST music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTBdkw4m6jY

Too bad S-E America doesn't care about Dragon Warrior anymore.

Eh. They should have gone with a much less focused version. Final Fantasy is pretty well known for the music, thanks largely to Uematsu. And there's a large number of FF games -- 17 in the numbered series alone.

They should have done all non-FF games, and included everything from Dragon Warrior, to Chronotrigger, to Seiken Densetsu. Maybe even Kingdom Hearts or even anime they published, like Fullmetal Alchemist.

Edit: P.S. I'm aware Seiken Densetsu is a FF spin-off.

Even more bewildering is at that bottom of the Suikoden II page it says

"People Who Bought This Also Bought"

Madden NFL 12 $29.99

Call of Duty Black Ops II: Nuketown Zombies Map $4.99

================

REALLY?!?!?

As much as I loved Suikoden II, I will never have time to play through it again, so not sure I'd rebuy it as tempting as it is.

It's over because they sold out of their sale stock. The sale is good for the week or until inventory runs out. In Caladrius' case it was just a few hours. This has happened a few times recently and sometimes the sale product comes back in stock so there's hope, especially this early in the week.
well that sucks big time, was going to buy it, and i dont buy shootemups very oftern. Ah well

I'd say Theatrhythm DQ has an excellent chance for localization.  The FF Theatrhythm  games sold well, and there's next to no text to translate.

I'd say Theatrhythm DQ has an excellent chance for localization. The FF Theatrhythm games sold well, and there's next to no text to translate.
well seeing how theres dq online and other games that never made it over, i would guess this would be an excuse for a digital only release here, i care more about weither we are getting the bravely default dlc or not, thats more important right now

meh dq doesn't have much in the way of good music. There are probably dozens of games se has made that would be better choices. chrono trigger and cross just off the top of my head. It will probably still sell crazy bananas in jpn though. I see plenty of people are still rightfully asking for dq7 though. good for them. it can be their tales of vesperia ps3.
I disagree, I think the DQ series has lots of great music. My personal favorite DQ soundtrack is probably DQIV. Koichi Sugiyama is a wonderful composer (not to mention the inspiration for lots of Japanese video game composers, including Nobuo Uematsu).

Yup, Criminal Girls LE is available for pre-order on NISA's store. I got an email a day or two ago saying they're down to 50% stock.

Did you guys see the interviews Dengeki PlayStation did with devs about their upcoming titles? Looks like NIS's future might depend on how Disgaea 5 sells in Japan. They're hoping to get 150k, but they release the same day as Bloodborne.

If they're gone, that means no more NISA. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back