Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
But Amazon and BBY don't have the b-day coupon... :whistle2:$
I stopped buying used games especially since BBY's GCU discount is good enough on brand new games.

I also get free shipping at BBY now.

The BDAY coupon is better for CEs , LEs , etc. that have been converted to preowned.

I stopped buying used games.

BBY's GCU discount is good enough on brand new games.

I also get free shipping at BBY now.

The BDAY coupon is better for CEs , LEs , etc. that have been converted to preowned.
I bought the Drakengard 3 CE at launch and traded in the disc when the TIV was high, so I'm perfectly satisfied with getting a used copy to put in the case that came with the CE.

Did you guys see the interviews Dengeki PlayStation did with devs about their upcoming titles? Looks like NIS's future might depend on how Disgaea 5 sells in Japan. They're hoping to get 150k, but they release the same day as Bloodborne.

If they're gone, that means no more NISA. :(
Screw nisa and their censoring bullshit.

THIS BETTER COME OVER HERE

TDQ_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/09/theatrhythm-dragon-quest-announced-nintendo-3ds/

:whee: :whee: :whee:
If they bring this they better bring dragon quest 7!

Not sure if this was posted here yet but I'm sure this is relevant in this thread.

But ​in commemoration of Playstation's 20th Anniversary, over 107 developers will leave a comment about Playstation in the coming 3 weeks. NIS left a peculiar one:

Nippon Ichi Software (Shinkawa Sohei):

If Disgaea 5 doesn't sell as planned then we might not still be in business the year after. Even though Bloodborne is now releasing the same day, we really hope people will pick up both titles at once.
It was stated earlier this year that the company is targeting 150k copies of Disgaea 5. May God help their poor souls.

I found this on NeoGAF.

They protected themselves by censoring some incredibly minor things that could be seen as pedophilia.
They created a one size fits all version that would get through all the ratings boards in western countries. The punishment mini-game is pretty tame anyway, as evidenced by the fact that all they did was remove audio and add a bit more steam to obscure the images. Anybody with an internet connection can find far raunchier stuff.

Yep. Maybe then another publisher would release them uncensored.

I won't buy censored games, anyway, so it's the same as not being released to me
I would buy censored games but not at launch and definitely not at MSRP.
I guarantee if you have bought more than a handful of localized Japanese games on a console in the past five years, you have bought a ton of games that were censored. In fact, the last time this came up, it was hard to find an example of a game that wasn't censored in some way whether it was the graphics, the character names, some dialogue, etc...It's a business decision all the major and niche publishers localizing Japanese games have been making for many years.

Good luck with waiting for an uncensored release. :p 

Because that will never happen. Unless you buy the actual Japanese Release. 

BTW just have to say Devil Survivor 2 3DS will have the 3DS premium $50 price tag

Link

I love Atlus and SMT but man I hate paying more for these games. I felt P4Arena Ultimax was overpriced as a PS3 game when it came out, so I waited. I may wait for this to drop as well, mainly since i'm still working on Devil Survivor Overclocked. 

BTW just have to say Devil Survivor 2 3DS will have the 3DS premium $50 price tag

Link

I love Atlus and SMT but man I hate paying more for these games. I felt P4Arena Ultimax was overpriced as a PS3 game when it came out, so I waited. I may wait for this to drop as well, mainly since i'm still working on Devil Survivor Overclocked.
Unless it comes with cool physical bonuses like SMT IV did, I'm waiting for DS2: RB at $20 or less.

Link

What the heck? They want $50 for a regular version? I'm hoping it comes with something to make it worth it otherwise I'm just going to wait. I've waited long enough and I can keep waiting if it's going to release at that price.

I really hated how in Overclocked everything happened on the bottom screen.

Looks to be the same with this unfortunately so I'll probably pass.

Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day physical game for PS3 (UK import) can be had for $32.11 (this includes 20% VAT and shipping to FL, USA).

Seemed to beat out gamestop.co.uk - amazon.com - amazon.co.uk - ebay listings from a quick check.

It's about 19.92 GBP with shipping + VAT on game.co.uk (14.99 before)

I'm not sure how the included video will work. If it's a PSN code it might not be redeemable without creating a UK PSN account. Hopefully it's still usable. If anyone can confirm that'd be great, otherwise I'll update whenever I receive my copy.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/short-peace-ranko-tsukigimes-longest-day-288569

Loved DS2 but I'll pass on this until a price drop.

Bought SMTIV @ $50 but that was because of the guidebook and CD. The former was actually quite helpful cause there weren't a whole lot of guides going around at the time.

Just  a heads up for anyone looking for it, I picked up Disgaea D2 (PS3) as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale and it arrived today - it was the launch version bundled with the 2-disc soundtrack and art print.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for it, I picked up Disgaea D2 (PS3) as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale and it arrived today - it was the launch version bundled with the 2-disc soundtrack and art print.
thanks for the heads up. My local Best Buy still has a couple of those as well.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for it, I picked up Disgaea D2 (PS3) as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale and it arrived today - it was the launch version bundled with the 2-disc soundtrack and art print.
Tempting. I could get that and KH 2.5. Can't think of a 3rd, though...

Also not sure if/when it'll come to Vita. I guess it'll be a while still. So yeah. Basically for this B2G1 the only game I'm completely sold on is KH and that'll get cheaper down the road.

Link

Oh Atlus....'fo shame. They're gonna do that for every major release now aren't they? On the plus side, if you wait awhile, you could get the eshop version at $15-$20. They're really pushing me away from buying on release with their new pricing scheme.

Btw, do digital download codes at gamestop ever go on sale? Just wondering if it's an alternative since PSN sales are hit or miss. More often times missing.

Will pre-order the inevitable Persona 5 Special/Limited Edition. Praise ATLUS
We're all saying fuck Atlus right now, but when Persona 5 comes out we'll all be rushing to get that LE lol..

On facebook they said, "It nearly doubles the content of the original. Record Breaker includes fully voiced dialogue, over 100 hours of content in the game, a new post-game story, and multiple endings." Guess that's how they're going to justify the price or something? If it comes with something like SMT4 then I might consider it, but if it's just the game they can go fuck themselves... lol. Until Persona 5 comes out :)

Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day physical game for PS3 (UK import) can be had for $32.11 (this includes 20% VAT and shipping to FL, USA).

Seemed to beat out gamestop.co.uk - amazon.com - amazon.co.uk - ebay listings from a quick check.

It's about 19.92 GBP with shipping + VAT on game.co.uk (14.99 before)

I'm not sure how the included video will work. If it's a PSN code it might not be redeemable without creating a UK PSN account. Hopefully it's still usable. If anyone can confirm that'd be great, otherwise I'll update whenever I receive my copy.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/short-peace-ranko-tsukigimes-longest-day-288569
I'm interested in this but the video issue is making me hold off. I guess I'll wait to hear your impressions when you get it before I decide between the UK disc version or just downloading it on the US PSN.

I'm interested in this but the video issue is making me hold off. I guess I'll wait to hear your impressions when you get it before I decide between the UK disc version or just downloading it on the US PSN.
It seems most likely to me that it would be on-disc. But I'm just not sure.

For what it's worth, a user review on Amazon.com says this:
"To force people to pay the price of a retail PS3 game for this is really too much to ask. Instead, the movie should have been released on a standard blu-ray (the disc is a hybrid, and the movie bit should play on any BD player) "

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1OJLT4779K0QY/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00IUBZJFC&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=300703&store=videogames#wasThisHelpful

In other deal news:

Magical Beat, the Arc System Works puzzle/rhythm game is 50% off for PS+ subscribers for Vita making it $4.99

Looks like it has a demo too.

Review:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-magical-beat-276853.phtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back