Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NIS has started porting some older mobile games to Vita, looks like. Here are the titles announced so far:

• duo Rogue
  • Jaleco City Connection
  • Nikoli Slitherlink
http://gamestalk.net/duologue/
LOL, Google Translate produces a fun opening sentence:

"Nippon Ichi Software is, from today December 17, hamsters started the delivery of "Duo Rogue" as the first series title of PS Vita / PS Vita TV for services to be deployed "app Archives" (reprint of Garakeapuri)."

LOL, Google Translate produces a fun opening sentence:

"Nippon Ichi Software is, from today December 17, hamsters started the delivery of "Duo Rogue" as the first series title of PS Vita / PS Vita TV for services to be deployed "app Archives" (reprint of Garakeapuri)."
Lol, I read that as well. Thanks Google translate for your inadvertent funny moment for us all this morning.

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs is the Play-Asia deal of the day for $25 for those interested in it. I enjoyed it a lot and will get back into it again someday I'm sure. Really wish the sale was for the sequel since I missed it when it was $40 a few weeks ago.

Anyone know if danganronpa would be ok for na 8 year old? Im trying to find some other vita games to get he and i figure a visual novel style game like that would be pretty simple. She saw my beat stickers NISA was giving out with their orders (i have like a pile of 6 of them) and tried to gank one =p

holy crap i remember those, still have that stuff
the Danganronpa games are definitely too mature for an 8 year old

8 year old girl actually. It would be for her for sure. I already have the LE of the game and a regular copy. ANd i dont mind swearing, she watches Die Hard with me every X-mas since she was about 4, and used to make a game out of counting the swears. Sexual stuff may be a no no though. Im more concerned with the gameplay. Is it simple enough for an 8 year old to play? And how bad is the sexual stuff? Violence/swearing no biggie, but dont think i want her playing something with tons of T&A
i think blazblue embryo would be better, even with the violence

Is NISA's store broken for anyone else? I'm trying to pre-order Awakened Fate Ultimatum but when I hit check out, I'm taking to this... really simple looking page with a "place order" button that doesn't do anything. 

Sexual stuff may be a no no though. Im more concerned with the gameplay. Is it simple enough for an 8 year old to play? And how bad is the sexual stuff? Violence/swearing no biggie, but dont think i want her playing something with tons of T&A
The trials are slightly harder than the first game & are much longer, so I'm not sure she'll be interested in the trial sections.

*Spoilers*
Here are examples of the suggestive dialogue (too lazy to post screenshot):
- "What if something falls out?"
- "Did you get...excited?"
- "Should I...take off my clothes?"
- "...has a good chance of putting out"

^I haven't beaten the game, but this should give you an idea of how the language is (excl cursing). Also there's a certain character that is depicted in sexual positions a few time, and an event that involves bikinis.

Just started playing Demon Gaze but damn, anyone lose a little faith in humanity after reading the stickers people leave?
I would have, if I had any faith in humanity to begin with.

But really, it's the developers' fault for having those choices available in the first place. The game is a really good dungeon crawler and in a fair and just world it wouldn't have needed all the ecchi crap bolted on just to move copies. Which is a sentiment I think could probably be applied to many of the games discussed in this thread, actually.

Is NISA's store broken for anyone else? I'm trying to pre-order Awakened Fate Ultimatum but when I hit check out, I'm taking to this... really simple looking page with a "place order" button that doesn't do anything.
Did you check all the fields to make sure no * field info is missing. Mine always is missing phone number and I have to fill it in and hit the update button. That info is already in my profile but I think its because I am checking out with paypal and its only importing address info from paypal rather than my nis profile.

Anyone know if danganronpa would be ok for na 8 year old? Im trying to find some other vita games to get he and i figure a visual novel style game like that would be pretty simple. She saw my beat stickers NISA was giving out with their orders (i have like a pile of 6 of them) and tried to gank one =p

holy crap i remember those, still have that stuff
Hehe, I don't think it's really appropriate for an 8yo. But everyone's different I guess. We got 10 year olds playin' CoD and GTA after all. Still, I'm sure there's gotta be more age appropriate vns for her. My sister got started on vns with stuff like sake visual.

Anyone know if danganronpa would be ok for na 8 year old? Im trying to find some other vita games to get he and i figure a visual novel style game like that would be pretty simple. She saw my beat stickers NISA was giving out with their orders (i have like a pile of 6 of them) and tried to gank one
Depends on how well-educated and adjusted the individual is. I have relatives under 10 who play M rated games all the time. When I was around 8 I was already playing M rated games also.

Vita isn't 100% confirmed right? As in not 100% if they reach that goal it'll come to the vita. It's more of they'll try to get it on other platforms with vita being one of them. Might consider getting it if vita is for sure.
That is why I said it's a possibility. They mentioned Phone/Vita. Otherwise, what would other platform mean? We'll find out when they reach that threshold.

The version for the PC release is the Vita version. I personally think it is the most likely chance. It'll also be Rated M. :lol:

iPad will likely be the best experience. Portable + bigger screen
Would the game render at the native resolution of the iPad (the "Retina" ones)? If that's the case , then the artwork should look better if the assets are good.

Shantae isn't Japanese of course....

Though it does have the humor and art design of one.

(And it's easily my favorite game of the year, so yeah)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1/114988?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=Default&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

For anybody who missed it last time, Neptunia Re;birth1 is on sale for $30 again. $25 base used if you find one.

Amazon already PM'd:

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Re-Birth1-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00K6ZNX3K/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_3

And Best Buy doesn't carry it online anymore, so forget GCU unless you get really lucky with a local store.

That is why I said it's a possibility. They mentioned Phone/Vita. Otherwise, what would other platform mean? We'll find out when they reach that threshold.

The version for the PC release is the Vita version. I personally think it is the most likely chance. It'll also be Rated M. :lol:
Thanks. Guess I'll hold out til it reaches that point. Hoping for a vita version then I'll consider it.

No, actually the problem is usually on you. You think you deserve the princess treatment while shopping at a discount retailer with free shipping. You know how Newegg works, they keep their prices low. You know that when you order a single game case from them that it's going to come in a bubble mailer. Have some accountability for your purchasing decision. Amazon would have shipped that same product in a small box.

You're right about that Cowboy Bebop being concerning since that should have come in a box. That seems strange since everything I have ordered from them about that size has come boxed. I have about eight of them sitting on my porch right now. There are always exceptions. But it either came in good condition or else you have the ability to return it.

Target is going to ship as efficiently as possible and the majority of those steelbooks are still going to arrive in excellent condition regardless of being polybagged. Don't like it? If you want a pristine steelbook from Target then go into a store and pick one out for yourself. You can even ask the clerk to check in the back for something that hasn't been spider-wrapped or put into a security sleeve.

If Gamestop provides your games in the condition you desire then you should be ordering everything through them. Bam, there's the solution to nearly every case problem you just listed. Most of these niche collector's editions are also available from their respective publisher/online retailers where you pay a standard shipping and handling fee. In all of my experiences they have come boxed, adequately packaged, and not damaged.

Guess what happens to a person who is going to look for problems everywhere. They find problems. You knew Newegg shipped that game in a bubble mailer but you ordered it two more times and expected a different outcome?? C'mon man, get real. If you expect premium service then start shopping at premium outlets and pay extra for your careful shipping and handling. We have more options than ever before on how to obtain our purchased media. Learn to have some accountability. All of those retailers you mentioned have accountability; they allow you to return products and they take a loss doing so.
You gave me quite the laugh since I worked at an antiques store for a couple years, selling their glassware and pottery on eBay. I shipped over a thousand packages with very few incidents because I educated myself in proper packaging techniques. (Particularly for fragile items, overstuffing a box with padding will do more harm than good if it takes a hit.) You sound like those unexperienced eBay sellers who assume that shipping insurance is the buyer's responsibility. Ha! The insurance is there to cover the seller's ass if things go wrong. Buyers have every right to expect the item they ordered in the condition advertised. If you are shipping high-risk items, then you need to factor losses or insurance into the item's cost. But I am sure my buyers would have been happy to eat the losses, since THEY chose to order GLASSWARE over the INTERNET!! How silly of them for choosing to buy from me! Idiots!

It is not the buyer's fault if a retailer is incompetent at the business they chose to pursue. It is not the manufacturer's fault if a retailer ships an item to the buyer without proper precautions. The manufacturer's only concern is protecting items until they reach retailers (wholesale transit is much less risky than shipping individual items). Online retailers are middlemen - the logistics of safely moving items from wholesale to end consumers is literally the only reason they exist. And to be fair, most online retailers want to make sure things arrive safely, but obviously they need feedback in order to guage whether or not their standards are good enough to satisfy the expectations of their customers.

I find it amusing that you say "Have some accountability for your purchasing decision." while simultaneously trying to silence the information (these complaints) that helps people do exactly that. Do you have revelations where the clouds open up and a booming voice comes down from Heaven saying, "DO NOT PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY - THEY STUFF BOXES AND BOOKS IN BUBBLE MAILERS!!" I wish I did, then I could whine about having to read through this thread too. :p

Anyways...

Anyone use IFTTT.com (If this then that)? It's a pretty nifty site. Basically you create recipes that can do a multitude of things. What's great is there's a BestBuy channel. For example you could create a recipe with the trigger: LittleBigPlanet 3 price changes, then the action could be an email, SMS text, iOS/Android notification, etc.

Just letting others know about this since people in this thread like to wait for the price to drop on something, shop at BestBuy a lot, or could be stalking the website for Amiibo availability. Unfortunately, no Amazon or Target channels, but hopefully they get on that.

You gave me quite the laugh since I worked at an antiques store for a couple years, selling their glassware and pottery on eBay. I shipped over a thousand packages with very few incidents because I educated myself in proper packaging techniques. (Particularly for fragile items, overstuffing a box with padding will do more harm than good if it takes a hit.) You sound like those unexperienced eBay sellers who assume that shipping insurance is the buyer's responsibility. Ha! The insurance is there to cover the seller's ass if things go wrong. Buyers have every right to expect the item they ordered in the condition advertised. If you are shipping high-risk items, then you need to factor losses or insurance into the item's cost. But I am sure my buyers would have been happy to eat the losses, since THEY chose to order GLASSWARE over the INTERNET!! How silly of them for choosing to buy from me! Idiots!

It is not the buyer's fault if a retailer is incompetent at the business they chose to pursue. It is not the manufacturer's fault if a retailer ships an item to the buyer without proper precautions. The manufacturer's only concern is protecting items until they reach retailers (wholesale transit is much less risky than shipping individual items). Online retailers are middlemen - the logistics of safely moving items from wholesale to end consumers is literally the only reason they exist. And to be fair, most online retailers want to make sure things arrive safely, but obviously they need feedback in order to guage whether or not their standards are good enough to satisfy the expectations of their customers.

I find it amusing that you say "Have some accountability for your purchasing decision." while simultaneously trying to silence the information (these complaints) that helps people do exactly that. Do you have revelations where the clouds open up and a booming voice comes down from Heaven saying, "DO NOT PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY - THEY STUFF BOXES AND BOOKS IN BUBBLE MAILERS!!" I wish I did, then I could whine about having to read through this thread too. :p
No, what's really dumb is the two of you can't wrap your heads around the difference between an individual selling things on Ebay and billion dollar companies selling video games and blu rays online. They are not the same nor are they even comparable.

I sell on Ebay too and I have 100% feedback. Our selling is not analogous to that of major online retailers. Great job on the dumb analogy of shipping a thousand pieces of glassware to shipping millions of video games.

You argumentative rubes know how a single blu ray sized video game case is going to arrive when you purchase one online. You know you're not getting the pretty princess treatment of five layers of bubblewrap and eight styrofoam corners. SO DON'T BUY THEM if you're going to whine about it afterwards. Return your damn video game if you cannot stand the thought of a minor dent in your box. Order two and send back the one that comes in worse condition. It's like dealing with entitled children around here with you two and people like you. Trying to reason with you guys is like trying to reason with people who pirate all of their movies and video games. It's pointless. You have your viewpoint, I have mine, and I know exactly who is wrong.

I realize I'm not taking the popular stance around here. The dented box regime has been going strong for years. I'm here to tell you you're wrong. We're not talking about video games that don't work. We're talking about a dent or a scratch in the HOLLOW PAPER CASE (blame the manufacturer or publisher) of things you cheapassgamers aren't going to open or use half of the time. This isn't about how Amazon runs their online business versus how you run yours. Grow up. It isn't all about you.

We have it better than ever before with all the opportunities we have to immerse ourselves in new movies and games. There are discounts, deals galore, special editions, multiple retail outlets for most things, free shipping, membership clubs, and customer service to refund you if you're not happy. The complaining over dented boxes is completely asinine. You guys obviously didn't grow up in the era where a 30-90minute anime VHS tape was $30-40 at Sam Goody. You have no idea how good you have it. You're completely unappreciative of the services available to you.

Lost it at "The dented box regime". Your walls of text are much more irritating than people bitching about dented boxes.

My girlfriend bought me hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1 and dangan ronpa trigger happy standard editions, was that better than choosing a demon gaze le? I had the choice of either two standard game or a le, but ): its whatevs ill pick it up later or if they restock. She also asked if i wanted hyperdimension pp for vita is it worth it? Heard it only had 5 tracks or something wtf? (Is the rest dlc or something?)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1/114988?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=Default&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

For anybody who missed it last time, Neptunia Re;birth1 is on sale for $30 again. $25 base used if you find one.

Amazon already PM'd:

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Re-Birth1-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00K6ZNX3K/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_3

And Best Buy doesn't carry it online anymore, so forget GCU unless you get really lucky with a local store.
Too bad it doesn't work on PlayStation TV.

Is there a chance that they will ever patch it to be compatible?

criminal girls invite only the  LE is down to 25%  so  better get your order in if you want it 

not sure if worth 52 bucks though

\

My girlfriend bought me hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1 and dangan ronpa trigger happy standard editions, was that better than choosing a demon gaze le? I had the choice of either two standard game or a le, but ): its whatevs ill pick it up later or if they restock. She also asked if i wanted hyperdimension pp for vita is it worth it? Heard it only had 5 tracks or something wtf? (Is the rest dlc or something?)
I would have gone with Danganronpa and Demon Gaze standards, personally.

Shallie LE is down to 51-75%. I'd really like the LE, but I don't if I should just get it with GCU from Bestbuy or wait for it to reach $30 elsewhere.

The Grisaia kickstarter hit it's first stretch goal, so the Michiru spin off is a go. At this rate we'll likely get vita ports as well. Pleasantly surprised it's doing so well, considering the pre-kickstarter clusterfuck that surrounded it.

The Grisaia kickstarter hit it's first stretch goal, so the Michiru spin off is a go. At this rate we'll likely get vita ports as well. Pleasantly surprised it's doing so well, considering the pre-kickstarter clusterfuck that surrounded it.
2015: Year of the Vita

:applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back