Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Demon Gaze LE is kind of poop. It was barely worth $40 unless you really liked the music. I think the LEs for Vita from NISA are mainly poop barely worth $10 extra. That's just my opinion of course. The Danganronpa 2 LE was awesome though.

Thanks for all the honest answers yeah, i got most of the limited edition nisa games and limited edition rpg's for my vita so i just went ahead and got it to up my collection, but sucks that people think the limited edition wasn't worth it.

Demon Gaze LE is kind of poop. It was barely worth $40 unless you really liked the music. I think the LEs for Vita from NISA are mainly poop barely worth $10 extra. That's just my opinion of course. The Danganronpa 2 LE was awesome though.
You think the coin, sunglasses, and sticker are worth the extra $10 from the Danganronpa LE? I would have rather gone with paying $10 instead of $20 and just getting the outer box, soundtrack, and artbook. I will admit I have both but they are in the US so I haven't opened them yet.

Thanks for all the honest answers yeah, i got most of the limited edition nisa games and limited edition rpg's for my vita so i just went ahead and got it to up my collection, but sucks that people think the limited edition wasn't worth it.
I bought it on release and felt I was worth the 10 extra from the standard. The 30 extra today though, I feel the content isn't worth it. But if you like it that's what matters. :)

It's the same with a lot of the NISA vita Los. I feel they're barely worth the little extra from msrp.

I picked up a Playstation TV at Target for $51.35 yesterday. I'm sure you guys saw the deal already but in case you haven't you can go in and have them price match it to amazon at $69.99, then use Cartwheel for another 20% off (through 12/20), and another 5% from your redcard. So its a great time to finally pick one up if you want to play Vita games on your TV like I do.

I would like to track down a new or used copy of Danganronpa 1 collector's edition without having to pay $200 if anyone is selling.
Umm....My math isn't the greatest, but how did you get yours for $51.35 and not for $56? Even without sales tax it still would've been at least $53.xx?

Umm....My math isn't the greatest, but how did you get yours for $51.35 and not for $56? Even without sales tax it still would've been at least $53.xx?
10% employee discount from a family member. Would be $57ish with tax, without the discount. $52ish before tax which is why I didn't mention it. Sorry, I suppose I should have.

Playing Dangan Ronpa on the big screen tonight ! Just loving it. Now that I can play them on TV I can't wait to collect all the Vita RPGs I have missed. 16 gb Vita Memory Cards are down to $25 at Target now btw. I saw them clearanced in the Store from $59.99 down to $44.98 but had them price match it to their website. The 16 gb cards are also $25 on amazon.

My Targets no longer carry any Vita memory cards so that makes me wonder if Sony might be releasing some new ones.

10% employee discount from a family member. Would be $57ish with tax, without the discount. $52ish before tax which is why I didn't mention it. Sorry, I suppose I should have.

Playing Dangan Ronpa on the big screen tonight ! Just loving it. Now that I can play them on TV I can't wait to collect all the Vita RPGs I have missed. 16 gb Vita Memory Cards are down to $25 at Target now btw. I saw them clearanced in the Store from $59.99 down to $44.98 but had them price match it to their website. The 16 gb cards are also $25 on amazon.

My Targets no longer carry any Vita memory cards so that makes me wonder if Sony might be releasing some new ones.
Gotcha! Yeah, I'm super excited to play my collection of JRPG's for my Vita on the big screen! :)

So, now that it's been out for a few days, has anyone here played fault milestone one? Considering purchasing it so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Grisaia Trilogy surpassed 240,000. Platform ports ahoy! Now we can only hope Sony approves the Vita version.

Even if you like the music, the soundtracks in LE are usually only 6 or so of the songs from the game. Gotta buy that stand alone soundtrack if you want it all. lol

Thanks for all the replies to my question on danganronpa being appropriate for an 8 year old. I know there are probably more age appropriate VN style games for her but i wanted something specifically for the vita and the pickings are slim. SHe really wanted my bear sticker from the game so i figured why not. It sounds like the sexual content isnt htat severe so i think i may give it a shot. My ony concern was some of you seemed to think it may just be too hard for her. How so? Isn't it just choices you make? Is there an easy mode? Are there mini games that would be too hard?

Looking for opinions because her bday is saturday and i need to have the game by Xmas if im getting it for her

And damn... looks like i should have got a 2nd copy of the new Guilty Gear LE. THey're sold out online i cant get a 2nd one

hey guys

So I searched back 20 pages and didn't find anything on this.  Amazon has P4A Ultimax on sale for $25.  I was wondering if anyone ordered it and it came with the tarot cards?

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies to my question on danganronpa being appropriate for an 8 year old. I know there are probably more age appropriate VN style games for her but i wanted something specifically for the vita and the pickings are slim. SHe really wanted my bear sticker from the game so i figured why not. It sounds like the sexual content isnt htat severe so i think i may give it a shot. My ony concern was some of you seemed to think it may just be too hard for her. How so? Isn't it just choices you make? Is there an easy mode? Are there mini games that would be too hard?

Looking for opinions because her bday is saturday and i need to have the game by Xmas if im getting it for her

And damn... looks like i should have got a 2nd copy of the new Guilty Gear LE. THey're sold out online i cant get a 2nd one
How so?

i would say the game is definitely too hard for an 8 year old. hell, it's hard enough for me. the class trials really require critical thinking and remembering past events. i know i had to look up some of the non-stop debates. the killings are pretty detailed and the story can get a little confusing if you aren't paying close attention.

i dunno, in my opinion an 8 year old would lose interest very fast and not enjoy the game at all.

Isn't it just choices you make?

there aren't really choices that you make that change the outcome of the game. you do have some dialog choices but it does not change the story.

Is there an easy mode?

yes. it does make the game a little easier but not easy enough for an 8 year old imo.

Are there mini games that would be too hard?

i think the class trials would just be too difficult. the class trials are the gameplay part of the game.

hey guys

So I searched back 20 pages and didn't find anything on this. Amazon has P4A Ultimax on sale for $25. I was wondering if anyone ordered it and it came with the tarot cards?
Thanks
The copy that I ordered a couple weeks ago did, but around the same time someone else mentioned that theirs did not. So I think it's kind of a crapshoot at this point.

EDIT: I placed the order on 12/1.

Thanks for all the replies to my question on danganronpa being appropriate for an 8 year old. I know there are probably more age appropriate VN style games for her but i wanted something specifically for the vita and the pickings are slim. SHe really wanted my bear sticker from the game so i figured why not. It sounds like the sexual content isnt htat severe so i think i may give it a shot. My ony concern was some of you seemed to think it may just be too hard for her. How so? Isn't it just choices you make? Is there an easy mode? Are there mini games that would be too hard?

The biggest mechanic in the game is that different characters take turns making statements, and you have a list of pieces of evidence that you have to read up on and figure out what evidence contradicts what statement. It's similar to Phoenix Wright, if you've played that, except Danganronpa is timed, and the statements progress from one to the other automatically. And that's it in the simplest form. As the game goes on, they add more and more complications, a rhythm based mini game, a hangman type game, and it will force you to use a long list of small pictures to recreate the murders. You also can only make so many mistakes or it'll reset some of your progress. Even in easy mode, I have a difficult time believing that an 8 year old would enjoy it. If you want to see for yourself, maybe look up a Let's Play on YouTube.

hey guys

So I searched back 20 pages and didn't find anything on this. Amazon has P4A Ultimax on sale for $25. I was wondering if anyone ordered it and it came with the tarot cards?

Thanks
Guess you missed my post.

I just got my P4AU which I bought after it dropped to $25. It came with all the extras. I'm super happy right now. :D
Still can't guarantee everyone will get it though.

My P4Arena PS3 Ultimax didn't come with cards/bop bag the first time. I went to customer support and they sent me the correct one and I sent the old one back. Shipping was free from the UPS place I had to use. Take the chance if you want....this will likely be the lowest it will be in a long while. Still disappointed in that bop bag....all flat here now...

Basically what others have said. The choices made can be wrong and it can get annoying if you have to trial and error it by failing over and over.

You will also need to have a good grasp of the English language to be able to interpret things. As an 8 year old, I wouldn't have been able to connect the dots and apparently I was told I was pretty smart back then. So unless your kid is a genius (not saying yours isn't), or you don't mind using a walkthrough, I don't see how any 8 year old would progress in a good flowing manner. I could see frustration and giving up after the first chapter or two. But if you don't mind spending the money to risk that, then go for it since it is a great game.

I didn't really read the rest of the comments, so it may have been suggested. But if you don't mind a VN that isn't exclusive to Vita (but is on the Vita), Xblaze Code Embryo may be more to what you're looking for in a VN and is cheaper.

My P4Arena PS3 Ultimax didn't come with cards/bop bag the first time. I went to customer support and they sent me the correct one and I sent the old one back. Shipping was free from the UPS place I had to use. Take the chance if you want....this will likely be the lowest it will be in a long while. Still disappointed in that bop bag....all flat here now...
what happened to the bag? you have to fill the bottom with water.l

No idea why you keep on trying to qualify a mature rated game for an 8 year old when it's clearly not recommended for an 8yr old.  Gameplay, dialogue, language, innuendo, problem solving, etc all suggest it's meant for an older player.  Many people have stated why it's not appropriate.

Not sure why you are even asking for our advice when so many people are telling you no.

It doesn't hold the air. It's a common problem with these things....I'm likely tossing mine out. It is holding the water well at the least.
That's depressing, try putting it under water and finding the leak. That being said it's a neat thing to have but there's no use, I'm afraid of breaking it so it just sits there taunting me.

Not sure why you are even asking for our advice when so many people are telling you no.
I think he just wants someone to say yes.

I'll be that guy.

Yes!

but seriously no, I wouldn't recommend this to an 8yr old.

I'm way above 8 and some of the logic in this game are frustrating/pretty flaky.

He think he just wants someone to say yes.
I'll be that guy.
Yes!

but seriously no, I wouldn't recommend this to an 8yr old.
I'm way above 8 and some of the logic in this game are frustrating/pretty flaky.
Dude, the first trial in this game took forever for me to figure out. I played DR1, but I still had trouble with it, and the 2nd trial also gave me a challenge. As you progress thru the story I feel the trials will get harder.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/19/examu-shares-more-screens-of-upcoming-visual-novel-fighter-nitroplus-blasters-heroines-infinite-duel/

The Examu Visual Novel fighter is having more info about it including more characters. This is the same company that made the Arcana Heart games. I haven't seen anyone talk about it and while its not too special in terms of graphics and looks like it has gameplay similar to the majority of the Anime fighters that just game out, it does have the very awesome character Super Sonico.

Finally got my copy of Caladrius Blaze. Had to practically give over my first born child to get my package from the post office.

Anyway, since I don't normally shop from playasia... I've got a $5 off $60 code for them if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back