Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news, J-Stars is one of those games that always seems like it will never make it here, but with Project x Zone getting released, I guess the sales are speaking louder than the difficulties of bringing it over. Anyone have any opinions on the game? I enjoyed the DS Jump games (Jump Super Stars / Ultimate Stars), but those were 2D and haven't heard much about this game, which doesn't bod well.

Looking forward to One Piece PW3. I wonder if we'll actually get a physical release this time? (not holding my breath though)

Maybe if these sell well we'll get the 3DS one piece fighting game?

That's good news, J-Stars is one of those games that always seems like it will never make it here, but with Project x Zone getting released, I guess the sales are speaking louder than the difficulties of bringing it over. Anyone have any opinions on the game? I enjoyed the DS Jump games (Jump Super Stars / Ultimate Stars), but those were 2D and haven't heard much about this game, which doesn't bod well.

Looking forward to One Piece PW3. I wonder if we'll actually get a physical release this time? (not holding my breath though)

it all depends on how well one piece unlimited world red sold

At the end of the day you are really only dealing with Viz and Funimation. Plus Namco already got the right for Dragonball, One Piece, Naruto, JoJo, and Saint Seiya.

If jump all stars comes in a limited physical form I will eat it up! Same with pirate warriors 3. I love one piece. Just ordered world z for blu ray from amazon today lol

MFW I paid about 107$ for the Anison edition thinking we would never get it

naruto__s_wtf_look_by_kateelric-d5j6ecw.jpg

Great news for J-Stars Victory VS+. Well I imported the base game when it came out, it's ok... I'll prolly buy this one whenever it comes out. It's pretty much along the same lines as a Naruto game, sans substitution no jutsu mechanic and more of a tug of war mechanic.

MFW I paid about 107$ for the Anison edition thinking we would never get it

naruto__s_wtf_look_by_kateelric-d5j6ecw.jpg
If it makes you feel better it sounds like there is a very good chance at least a few characters are cut from the roster for the english release (I don't think this has actually been reported outside of the neogaf thread about the release) as there seems to be some licensing issues that they are trying to resolve but they have a time limit to do so and if they don't they will just cut the content. (sounded like they had something like 6 months to clear up the issues and that the game will be a second half 2015 release but nothing was clear cut)

If it makes you feel better it sounds like there is a very good chance at least a few characters are cut from the roster for the english release (I don't think this has actually been reported outside of the neogaf thread about the release) as there seems to be some licensing issues that they are trying to resolve but they have a time limit to do so and if they don't they will just cut the content. (sounded like they had something like 6 months to clear up the issues and that the game will be a second half 2015 release but nothing was clear cut)
Ah that kinda sucks, any word to which characters?

looking at the list of what they do have the license for my guess would be bleach and toriko. toriko I doubt they'd give them licensing issues for considering the anime is long since over and its not even remotely as popular. So it mainly sounds like bleach is the trouble maker.

forgot about hunter hunter and yuyuhakusho those could probably be issues as well. I don't even know who has the licenses for either of those. Didn't see gintama or hitman reborn were there too those could be problems as well since they were never even localized.

“Nowadays, the demand for moé is quite high overseas,so, we must quickly release the main titles,” added Idea Factory business development manager Damien Urvois.

LMAO. Great to hear it's going to be on PC though. I've only played rebirth and found it really enjoyable.

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/legend-heroes-trails-sky-evolution-announced-ps-vita

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution for Vita. Cool.
We'll never get it, though:

Before the localisation begging starts, XSEED isn't going to touch this one for the same reasons they aren't doing anything about the Crossbell Evos. It's more licensors to deal with (not just Falcom) and the full voice acting is a major problem in that it's either 1) impossible to license outside Japan or 2) too expensive. Full English dub would be too expensive as well. Basically there's no point in localising it.
Source: their forums.
From the comment section in Siliconera's article.

fuck kinda makes me regret buying the games on vita now >_>. Blah atleast it'll knock down the le prices hopefully
Why would Steam releases affect the price of Vita LE's..? I'm certain they will keep their high value, just like the PS3 LE's for neptunia.

Did Xseed just give up on it? I know they said it would a long time to localize, but that was a while ago.
Last I saw they had "unofficially" said on the message board "2014 release has become unlikely due to the underestimating quantity of translation required."

Of course that also could just mean it will be delayed until 2015, but nothing officially from XSEED as of right now.

HUZZAH! We're getting the Chrono Trigger, Bravely Default, Secret of Mana and SaGa DLC tracks for Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call...on Wednesday! :whee: :whee: :whee:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/22/chrono-trigger-bravely-default-music-announced-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-north-america/

Each track costs $0.99. There'll be another set of tracks on 1/8.
That's... kinda expensive. I was hoping it'd be the entire pack for like $4.99, or more likely, $6.99. This is $12 for 12 songs.

Nah no word yet, it will likely be a while before we hear. If I had to guess it will likely be from the minor series that no one knows about. The only major series I would be worried about would be Gintama. It has a large amount of content in japan and is popular in japan, but in NA it merely has the first 50 or so eps and a movie released (and no more is coming) by a third party (sentai) who they likely would also talk to, and likely wouldn't be worth the effort for a series that while big, is one that most people in NA don't seem to care about.

stuff like bleach and naruto shouldn't be an issue when it comes to the NA license as Viz released those and Viz is owned by the same people who own shounen jump. And stuff like dbz and yu yu hakusho shouldn't be an issue because funimation likely will enjoy free advertisement for their anime.

Did Xseed just give up on it? I know they said it would a long time to localize, but that was a while ago.
This was actually recently brought up and commented on by xseed over on neogaf as well.

The official word is (paraphrasing) 'just because we aren't actively talking about it, doesn't mean we aren't working on it, we are still hard at work.'

they are working on bringing the first one to steam first, and they ran into some issues with implementing the translation. Once these are resolved the second game should go much smoother (the translation is done and mostly edited they just have to apply it to the game) They gave a 1% chance that it makes it's winter release, and more likely it will slip to late summer. They again wanted to make it clear to people that the script is huge, something like 3-4 times bigger than your average RPG or visual novel. I think they mentioned it was about as big as all of the projects they released in the last year or two. You can go through this thread to find the exact responses.

I can't say I'm too excited about Neptunia on PC. I mean I'd buy 'em on sale, but...

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is coming to Steam too though,and that I'm stoked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back