Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing Akiba's Trip on sale on PSN made me want to get it on console since I enjoyed it on Vita. But I was disappointed since the PS4 version wasn't on sale.

The PS4 version is $40 on Amazon and Gamestop, which is $10 off the MSRP. But it was still a bit much for me since I didn't want to pay a lot to double dip on the game. So I considered getting the PS3 version on PSN since it was cheaper.

However, I managed to find a used copy of the PS4 version at my local Gamestop for $31.49 and I had the $5 Kongregate coupon as well lowering the price more.

Good thing I looked around. The used copy was complete too with the booklet and case, whoever had it before really took good care of it.

Anyways, moral of the story: It's always good to look around :)
Do you think it is worth upgrading to ps4 from vita?

Gah. I saw this and thought there was a game I was unaware of. Loved Arpeggio of Blue Steel!
[SIZE=111%]Kantai Collection is actually an ps vita, mobile game. ps vita game has just being announced with the anime airing next month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=111%]nsfw[/SIZE] gameplay video of it

[SIZE=111%]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGSlFE6YvQM[/SIZE]

I enjoyed the earlier combat parts until the show turned into a ship harem...
The fights against Takao and Haruna & Kirishima were great. It was about strategy and outwitting their foe. Then it just turned into beam spam and the power of friendship near the end. What a disappointment. At least stuff like GuP kept it interesting up to the final battle. Speaking of, did anyone import the GuP game? Is it decent? It looks like a worse version of WoT. Probably better off adding voice and portrait mods to WoT.

Seeing Akiba's Trip on sale on PSN made me want to get it on console since I enjoyed it on Vita. But I was disappointed since the PS4 version wasn't on sale.

The PS4 version is $40 on Amazon and Gamestop, which is $10 off the MSRP. But it was still a bit much for me since I didn't want to pay a lot to double dip on the game. So I considered getting the PS3 version on PSN since it was cheaper.

However, I managed to find a used copy of the PS4 version at my local Gamestop for $31.49 and I had the $5 Kongregate coupon as well lowering the price more.

Good thing I looked around. The used copy was complete too with the booklet and case, whoever had it before really took good care of it.

Not to rain on your parade, but you could've also used a birthday coupon to get more off of it. Still good price man. I'm looking to get it on PS3 physical. Still haven't seen any good price drops yet.

how big of a trainwreck was it? i only watch the first two episodes. it is not on my list of must watch right now.

i am hoping kantai collection about batteship girls, turn out good. because i enjoyed the anime

Arpeggio of Blue Steel
From what I heard it was a huge trainwreck, though having not played the VN's I found it highly entertaining. I liked how there was a feeling of continuity among the different arcs and the MC is the best MC I have seen in a long time.

Do you think it is worth upgrading to ps4 from vita?
Well, the Vita version was fine but I got really tired of the long load times and constant frame rate drops. While playing through the PS4 version, looks like those issues are now gone. Also, there's a new Visual Editor mode to customize the colors/brightness/etc which is good since I wasn't a fan of brightness and saturation when I started. There's also Toy Box mode, which lets you play the game with any weapon you want (they'll all be unlocked). Oh yeah, all the released DLC is on disc too so that's another plus. With that said, it was worth the upgrade to me. Make sure you get it at a low price though, so you won't feel that bad double dipping on the game.

The fights against Takao and Haruna & Kirishima were great. It was about strategy and outwitting their foe. Then it just turned into beam spam and the power of friendship near the end. What a disappointment. At least stuff like GuP kept it interesting up to the final battle. Speaking of, did anyone import the GuP game? Is it decent? It looks like a worse version of WoT. Probably better off adding voice and portrait mods to WoT.

Not to rain on your parade, but you could've also used a birthday coupon to get more off of it. Still good price man. I'm looking to get it on PS3 physical. Still haven't seen any good price drops yet.
I knew I was forgetting something! Man, that extra 20% off would have been perfect. :p And yeah, I haven't seen the PS3 physical copy on sale recently. Guess it'll happen later on :/

[SIZE=111%]Kantai Collection is actually an ps vita, mobile game. ps vita game has just being announced with the anime airing next month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=111%]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGSlFE6YvQM[/SIZE]
I hope the Vita game will be fairly easy to play not knowing Japanese. It'd be fun to give it a try.

Most disappointing NSFW video ever. But I am looking forward to the Vita version.

Not going to lie Kantai Collection looks like a poop mobile game, which without the moe...would be just another generic anime mobile game. Glad I never bought into the figures.

Apreggio of Blue Steel has an amazing opening.
I can't get past the first episode either, but I love the gifs.

rqekUxe.gif

o6kZsn8.gif

yeah I want that game as well but its taking forever to drop in price.

on a different note is your pic the older sister from kill la kill?

yeah I want that game as well but its taking forever to drop in price.
on a different note is your pic the older sister from kill la kill?
Good eye! Yeah, my pic is of Satsuki-sama from Kill la Kill. :)

Also, all this talk about Kantai Collection for Vita just reminded me that I haven't logged in to check on my ships in a couple months.....I'm terrible >_<

[quote name="shadowysea07" post="12370049" timestamp="1419917587"]yeah I want that game as well but its taking forever to drop in price.
on a different note is your pic Satsuki[/quote]
Spoiler tags dude

I thought it was. Just wasn't a fan of the animation direction.
Lemme guess, not enough head tilts for you?

As fo the psycho pass VN... Not really liking Psycho Pass after season 2. Season 1 was great, even though the plot looked more stupid as it went on, the music was great to say the least.

No. I'm just not a fan of the actual animation for Apreggio of Blue Steel. I could care less about the head tilts. 

For real though, people wanted an Akio Watanabe directed/animated anime instead of the Grisaia anime they got. He did draw the VN. 

edit: yes he was chief animation director, but it looked so rushed that it doesn't even look like his work.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but just put an order in and saw the Shallie LE has dropped down another notch:

Atelier Shallie LE  - Stock Meter: 11% - 25% Left

Also, The Awakened Fate Ultimatum LE - Stock Meter: 26% - 50% Left

Sorry if this has been posted already, but just put an order in and saw the Shallie LE has dropped down another notch:

Atelier Shallie LE - Stock Meter: 11% - 25% Left

Damn, do I buy Shallie LE or wait for regular to drop to $30~ish?

Speaking of all these battleships, how 'bout that strike witches operation victory arrow? Dem karlsland girls are best girls.

Damn, do I buy Shallie LE or wait for regular to drop to $30~ish?

Speaking of all these battleships, how 'bout that strike witches operation victory arrow? Dem karlsland girls are best girls.
Those Atelier LEs really go up in value for some reason. The Meruru LE alone is worth like $125 now

Atelier Shallie LE - Stock Meter: 11% - 25% Left

I debated on it and went ahead and snagged the Atelier Shallie LE. I might as well seeing as I own most of the others on PS3 and passed up on the previous LEs.

I still haven't gotten the first Atelier, waiting for a sale on the Vita before I dive into them

On the other hand debating if I should pick up The Awakened Fate Ultimatum collectors edition (hmm)

I was debating whether or not to get the Limited Edition of Atelier Shallie, but now that I see that the stock is getting pretty low I just ordered it.

I got the LEs for Rorona, Totori and Meruru, so I felt inclined to do the same for Shallie. Especially since we didn't get LEs for Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

On another note, I think Atelier Ayesha Plus comes out next month? What sucks is that it's digital download only again. Having all these Atelier games on my Vita's memory card is destroying all of my free space :(

here is a trailer for cry on, an cancelled rpg for xbox 360/ps3 by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi..  looks like shadow of collosus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFp1wFroJyQ

I always wished Mistwalker would come out with another console game. I absolutely loved Lost Odyssey and wished they would have released more DLC content.

Any significant difference between Akiba's Trip for vita vs PS3? I'm aiming to get it physical for PS3, but if I'm buying digital, I'd probably lean vita.

I always wished Mistwalker would come out with another console game. I absolutely loved Lost Odyssey and wished they would have released more DLC content.
This.

I sunk hours into Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Both solid Mistwalker titles!

Any significant difference between Akiba's Trip for vita vs PS3? I'm aiming to get it physical for PS3, but if I'm buying digital, I'd probably lean vita.
No. From XSEED admin:

There is no discernible difference between the two versions -- visually, they are identical, and they perform pretty much identically to one another. Because of this, I personally lean more toward the Vita version (since the game looks better on Vita due to the smaller and brighter screen), but you can't really go wrong with either version.

You know that there's a physical version available for it on Vita yes? I think I understand what you meant, but just want to make sure.

I was debating whether or not to get the Limited Edition of Atelier Shallie, but now that I see that the stock is getting pretty low I just ordered it.

I got the LEs for Rorona, Totori and Meruru, so I felt inclined to do the same for Shallie. Especially since we didn't get LEs for Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

On another note, I think Atelier Ayesha Plus comes out next month? What sucks is that it's digital download only again. Having all these Atelier games on my Vita's memory card is destroying all of my free space :(
Is it bad that I buy this game twice just so I can have a physical copy of it?

No, I ended up with three copies of Atelier Rarona. I bought one on sale, then snagged the EU version whenever Play-Asia had a sale with Rorona, Meruru, and Totori, THEN again whenever I caught a deal for Rorona plus. I don't doubt I might end up with a vanilla copy of Shallie to keep the LE wrapped.

It's surprising after all this time that these plus versions never come out physical except for Rorona Plus and that was PS3, i'm mainly referring to the Vita versions. I'll keep picking them up 50% off as well so yup.....

Are you the folk to talk about Guilty Gear Xrd with? I want it bad, but full price? ehhhhh
i do not play much fighting games, so to me it all looks similar like blazeblue, persona 4 arena, and etc.. i would not pay more than $19.99 for it

No, I ended up with three copies of Atelier Rarona. I bought one on sale, then snagged the EU version whenever Play-Asia had a sale with Rorona, Meruru, and Totori, THEN again whenever I caught a deal for Rorona plus. I don't doubt I might end up with a vanilla copy of Shallie to keep the LE wrapped.
I bought 4 copies of Rorona, and I'm still waiting on a Rorona Plus sale, so I can finally PLAY it.

I... think I need help.

I bought 4 copies of Rorona, and I'm still waiting on a Rorona Plus sale, so I can finally PLAY it.

I... think I need help.
i played the first one, i don't really like it that much. so highly unlikely, i will buy any more unless it is like $19.99 new,

I don't blame you. I open my LEs so I can play them, but every time I do I feel kinda bad that I'm ruining the collector's values of it. But I can't exactly afford to buy multiple copies of all the LE games, so yeah. :/

Are you the folk to talk about Guilty Gear Xrd with? I want it bad, but full price? ehhhhh
I felt the same. But I was at Bestbuy the other day just looking through the games and saw the PS4 version there. My Bestbuy usually never has good PS4 games in stock so I decided to get GG Xrd for it. My GCU discount made the price go to $48 instead of $60, which is not the biggest deal, but for a new game that price works for me.

I... think I need help.
We all do, my friend. I finally just started Ayesha. 2015 is officially my "Project Backlog," year. I plan on trying to play and beat my games rather than obsess over trying to platinum them and spending months on a single game.

you will get your wish in 2016 most likely... as they just need 700k more downloads of Terra battle (currently at 1.3 mil after 3 months and not a worldwide release yet) before they start working on a terra battle console game (which won't be like the mobile app but merely set in the terra batte world)

Same here, new years resolution is to spend more time playing the games I got. However, like many new years resolutions, they are usually thrown out the window in maybe the first month. Soo...at least we have the mentality...for now O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back