Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The series is part of Legend of Heroes (we got like 3-4 of the PSP ones).

It's part of the Trails group of games.

It's like the Atelier Arland/Dusk sagas, or Shin Megami Tensei games.

Edit: These. They were released out of order, IIRC.
Loh4_The_Legend_of_Heroes_A_Tear_of_Vermillion.jpg

Loh3_The_Legend_of_Heroes_II_Prophecy_of_the_Moonlight_Witch.jpg

Legend_of_Heroes_Song_of_the_Ocean_cover.jpg

Honestly until we get TiTs 2 I can care less...call me negative but lots of people want that....but good if the rumors are true anyway...but finish that first...and I'd want TiTs 3 instead afterwards.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/01/a-holiday-thank-you/

Looks like Sony is going to give Playstation Plus users 5 extra days to their subscription to make up for the network issues that were happening on christmas. They're also going to give out a 10% of a purchase in your cart code. Hopefully they give these out soon, but all they say is "sometime this month".

That 10% code would be great to use on Atelier Ayesha Plus when it comes out this month.
I'd probably use it on totori since I don't have that one yet only meruru

Also wasn't the dlc for hearts preorder costumes supposed to expire at the end of november? Or was that just the giving out period?

Honestly until we get TiTs 2 I can care less...call me negative but lots of people want that....but good if the rumors are true anyway...but finish that first...and I'd want TiTs 3 instead afterwards.
forever doomed to only have one boob. no triple boobs for us :-({|=

Just scored a complete Dragon Force for $75 off of ebay. Used the GCs I got for 10% on it too. 2nd best BIN for it I have ever seen for it and I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Back on topic does NIS do a LE for everything they release? They did for the games I wanted from them before (Dangonronpa 1/2, Demon Gaze) so I'm hoping there will be one for New Tokyo Legacy.

Just scored a complete Dragon Force for $75 off of ebay. Used the GCs I got for 10% on it too. 2nd best BIN for it I have ever seen for it and I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

Back on topic does NIS do a LE for everything they release? They did for the games I wanted from them before (Dangonronpa 1/2, Demon Gaze) so I'm hoping there will be one for New Tokyo Legacy.
I would say it's 99% certain based on their past actions, but nothing is 100% until they officially announce it.

The thing is, the guy who was working with XSEED to translate the game, fell into depression and work was halted. I believe he's picking up the work again, though no real status update on TiTS 2.

The Gamefly deals are weird, it's like things keep selling out and then they are restocking them, so I have been checking back and found more deals, like Tales of Xillia 1 used for $18 which previously had disappeared from inventory.

Another "deal" was Trinity Universe for $40 and while I was at it, I just went ahead and picked up an updated BlazBlue for $20.

On another note, anyone here a 2D Fighter Noob that would like to practice or play with someone who has not dedicated their life to the genre? I have P4AU new and unopened, and I'd kind of like to play it with someone BEFORE going into tutorial/practice and understanding modes. I also have KOF13 and SS4AE.

The Gamefly deals are weird, it's like things keep selling out and then they are restocking them, so I have been checking back and found more deals, like Tales of Xillia 1 used for $18 which previously had disappeared from inventory.

Another "deal" was Trinity Universe for $40 and while I was at it, I just went ahead and picked up an updated BlazBlue for $20.

On another note, anyone here a 2D Fighter Noob that would like to practice or play with someone who has not dedicated their life to the genre? I have P4AU new and unopened, and I'd kind of like to play it with someone BEFORE going into tutorial/practice and understanding modes. I also have KOF13 and SS4AE.
Yeah I am actually a huge fighting game fan but I suck at fighting games because I lack the execution and the reflexes but I love playing them nonetheless. I have SSF4AE, UMVC3, KOF 13, P4A P4AU, SCV, DOA, Arcana Heart, and all the blazblues so I would love to get some fun casual games in or some practice if you want. You don't have to worry about me being some kinda try hard winning type because I mostly suck at P4AU but I also know enough basics to have some pretty cool fun matches. So I'm always up for some games if you got the game for PS3, PSN = Waffleswanton.

Also, if your looking to grind some online trophies, theres quite a bit that I haven't gotten yet so I am avaiable for those too.

Yeah I am actually a huge fighting game fan but I suck at fighting games because I lack the execution and the reflexes but I love playing them nonetheless. I have SSF4AE, UMVC3, KOF 13, P4A P4AU, SCV, DOA, Arcana Heart, and all the blazblues so I would love to get some fun casual games in or some practice if you want. You don't have to worry about me being some kinda try hard winning type because I mostly suck at P4AU but I also know enough basics to have some pretty cool fun matches. So I'm always up for some games if you got the game for PS3, PSN = Waffleswanton.

Also, if your looking to grind some online trophies, theres quite a bit that I haven't gotten yet so I am avaiable for those too.
which one do you think is best, if you had to pick between persona 4 arena ultimate, blazeblue chrono phantasma,arcana heart, and under night in birth exe late?

I love fighting games but I suck at them too. :lol: Although I am decent at UMVC3 and DOA.

Same here I am horrible at fighting games (although it would help if I had an arcade stick) but I love watching it play out in front of my eyes.

Last i heard sometime this month /: wish we got a date i wonder how limited it will be.
Probably not very. They got an earful last time and this time they are basically just packing in things that can be very quickly printed in the US rather than trying to import unusual Japanese items to pack in. They are also enforcing a strict limit of one per person which they tried to do unsuccessfully last time.

which one do you think is best, if you had to pick between persona 4 arena ultimate, blazeblue chrono phantasma,arcana heart, and under night in birth exe late?
I would pick P4AU but by a small margin compared to BBCP. I haven't played UNIEL yet though. P4AU is really really good because it is relatively easy to get into but at higher levels becomes a sort of masterpiece of a fighting game, the only complaint about P4AU is that it can be a little too beginner-friendly at times since auto combos and certain mashable supers are a little too powerful. In terms of aspects outside of gameplay, it's graphics, soundtrack, story and abundance of other modes is one of the best in fighting games, and its also got a pretty good discount right now I think.

I am really hopeful for a neptunia fighting game though, or atleast a guest Neptune in a fighting game soon. I was hoping she would be in playstation all stars seeing HDN is a playstation exclusive.

Ah, sounds like he's in the wrong industry....just my opinion of course. Hopefully he does whatever job is good enough in his head and we get it sometime this year.
Yeah, it's such a simple solution - quit the career you've been putting your entire life into. That's sure to clear this depression issue up!

Seriously though, it's time for a little rant: I find your response incredibly insensitive. It perpetuates the unreasonable expectations of society, which leads people towards depression and suicide. Your post might as well tell him to commit suicide - it's all the same to a suicidal person. "Failure is death."

Human beings are more than tools to get work done, you know? Unfortunately, workplaces would like you to keep your personal problems to yourself. Being a "human being" is a liability - it affects the bottom line, deadlines, and overall productivity. They would rather replace you with someone who is "more capable" than deal with the baggage. And we criticize people for withdrawing from society. Like they have a choice?

It's also a shame that we're so ignorant in our treatment of depression. "Just talk to someone! Take some pills! Avoid stress triggers! Get a better job!" This is all bullshit advice. Depression actively prevents you from "seeking help" and making changes in your life. We think of it as a personal issue, but it's really sociological due to the way we glorify work and self-sacrifice. We need to stop basing the value of human life on productivity. Especially when the majority of "work" revolves around unimportant bullshit we dreamed up just to keep ourselves busy, since technology has largely removed the urgency of survival. There are very few jobs that deserve the amount of stress we attach to them.

I am really hopeful for a neptunia fighting game though, or atleast a guest Neptune in a fighting game soon. I was hoping she would be in playstation all stars seeing HDN is a playstation exclusive.
Wasn't Neptune supposed to be a guest character in a naruto game or something? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I added you yesterday and will hit you up soon to play. Do you have BattleFantasia? Do you know if that still has online functionality?

I added you yesterday and will hit you up soon to play. Do you have BattleFantasia? Do you know if that still has online functionality?
Yeah I added you too ;) I am usually free to play afternoons on weekdays and nights on weekends. You can hit me up on PSN, and I don't have Battle Fantasia but you can check out other games we have in common in the trophies section. I haven't played P4AU in a while but we can brush up on all the characters for the trophies and help you get adjusted to the different mechanics of the game. I also have a headset if u wanna chat or something.

Yeah, it's such a simple solution - quit the career you've been putting your entire life into. That's sure to clear this depression issue up!

Seriously though, it's time for a little rant: I find your response incredibly insensitive. It perpetuates the unreasonable expectations of society, which leads people towards depression and suicide. Your post might as well tell him to commit suicide - it's all the same to a suicidal person. "Failure is death."

Human beings are more than tools to get work done, you know? Unfortunately, workplaces would like you to keep your personal problems to yourself. Being a "human being" is a liability - it affects the bottom line, deadlines, and overall productivity. They would rather replace you with someone who is "more capable" than deal with the baggage. And we criticize people for withdrawing from society. Like they have a choice?

It's also a shame that we're so ignorant in our treatment of depression. "Just talk to someone! Take some pills! Avoid stress triggers! Get a better job!" This is all bullshit advice. Depression actively prevents you from "seeking help" and making changes in your life. We think of it as a personal issue, but it's really sociological due to the way we glorify work and self-sacrifice. We need to stop basing the value of human life on productivity. Especially when the majority of "work" revolves around unimportant bullshit we dreamed up just to keep ourselves busy, since technology has largely removed the urgency of survival. There are very few jobs that deserve the amount of stress we attach to them.
Did I just log into tumblr?

Here comes the token, sanctimonious speech about depression. Complete with the "it's society, NOT MEEE!" cop out.

Though this one espouses the need to coddle people with a lack of productivity or even ability. That's... new. So, people are entitled to jobs they cannot do? They are entitled to compensation for work they are incapable of performing?

Because why? Their mental illness? Their immaturity and lack of ability to cope outside of the babysitter?

If this was the military, your cohorts who rely on you would be picked off like flies with that mindset.

If this was engineering, hundreds or thousands of people would be dead due to malfunctions and a few billion dollars would have been wasted. Not to mention the automotive and aeronautical industries like to shove people who designed unintentional instruments of death into long winded show trials for negligent homicide.

Thankfully it is just a low-production video game and the only thing that will come out of failure is a few thousand japanophile nerds with impotent rage. Also probably the death knell for the small company XSEED if they spent what little money they have on the budget for the project. They weren't working designs, but it was nice knowing XSEED if this turns sour and they aren't able to make their money back.

All that said, it would be preferable to me if we don't use the computer science industry for more of a receptacle for every depressed kids and social justice addicts than it already is. With the world becoming more and more computerized the hiring abilities of these companies go down the drain.

Interestingly enough, it was the hiring practices and lack of work ethic that killed IBM dead in the 80's. If their HR and management weren't so incompetent then all their actual talent would not have jumped ship to Microsoft, Apple, Google, Oracle, etc. and made all those companies hundreds of billions instead of standing on the sinking ship into oblivion.

Weirdly enough, almost 30 years after the exodus and slow death of IBM the big boys are making the exact same mistakes IBM did. Hell, the mistakes are making it's way into other industries now, ones that are a bit more critical than video games and computers. I don't want to say you should be scared, so let's not go there.

I hate to bring actual reality onto Internet forums because they tend to have no actual connection to reality, but this needed to be said.

I also hate to almost ruin a lighthearted thread by giving you all a taste of just how close our world is to the end the of a cliff, but what I said is really nothing to what I could be saying. If I was to really let go I would have to be talking for hours and you would all probably want to be joining the Carpe Fulgur guy. Let's not do that either.

I wish I could say that this entitlement mindset (among other things) was a only small problem in today's world, but it will genuinely kill us one day. I don't want to hazard a guess as to how soon either, I suggest we just keep playing video games.

Some news for anime fans: Funimation released their own app for PS3 last week and it looks like the full catalog is there, so plenty of stuff you won't see on Crunchyroll. The bad news is that most series are limited to two to four episodes if you want to watch for free.

There's plenty of video game adaptations: Devil May Cry, Danganronpa, Blazblue, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Sengoku Basara, World Destruction, Senran Kagura.

Does anyone know if the first Danganronpa went out of print? The price went way up on Amazon and my local GS is out now. :wall:
I dunno but when I saw that I already had it from gamefly so I just kept it for 20 bux. Haven't played it yet, wanting to finish p4g first, but you could maybe try that if you have a GF sub?

Yeah I added you too ;) I am usually free to play afternoons on weekdays and nights on weekends. You can hit me up on PSN, and I don't have Battle Fantasia but you can check out other games we have in common in the trophies section. I haven't played P4AU in a while but we can brush up on all the characters for the trophies and help you get adjusted to the different mechanics of the game. I also have a headset if u wanna chat or something.
Cool, looking forward to trying some of this stuff out with you. Do you have a PS4? I am usually on that playing Destiny but will look for you on PS3 if you don't have PS4. I don't think cross-platform chat is possible yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back