Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's "so expensive" when you have a budget of about $25 right now. Usually I'd agree with you and just pay the $40 but a little strapped right now.
I got mine for like $15ish after pur/bd/kong after Christmas from GameStop. I think it's still $25ish after BD/PUR if you have a used one in your area.

[quote name="angel98" post="12398025" timestamp="1420811052"]I got mine for like $15ish after pur/bd/kong after Christmas from GameStop. I think it's still $25ish after BD/PUR if you have a used one in your area.[/quote]
What is BD?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/09/square-enix-reprinting-line-dragon-quest-3ds-remakes/

SE is reprinting the Dragon Quest 3DS games. Not sure if anybody cares. No idea what kind of rarity those have and if they're expensive due to that or not.
Only good if you have a japanese 3DS though... we're not seeing those here are we?

I only care if this wakes SE up to the fact that we want these (or at least DQVII) localized, dang it! :headache:
Play it on PS2? Copies are fairly cheap.

I always find it weird when people call something "so expensive" when it's merely at the $40 launch price (it is easily found from the NisA store with free shipping and no taxes in most states or on the PSN for digital copy). when I see that phrase I tend to think more like Lucienne’s Quest or the Danganronpa limited edition you know which are many times the original price.
considering we are on cag um yeah its expensive.

on the subject of dq7 you can probably get lucky with awd and price tracker for anyone that is looking for it. either that or import the 3ds one.

I still need to buy a vita. I still haven't opened my danganronpa limited edition... But apparently I can buy a vita if I sell both the first and second limited edition copies... But it would defeat the point I. Buying a vita if I don't have the games... lol if I find a copy of both new standard version I might just buy those and sell the LE... But I guess I'm going to save them for a rainy day. But the look great next to my steins;gate box and bravely default box too.
well you can either buy a cheap vita tv or buy a regular vita off ebay like I did for 79$. Anything under 100 isn't too bad really unless you plan on buying digital titles.

Only good if you have a japanese 3DS though... we're not seeing those here are we?
I didn't even notice that. Just saw it was 3DS and instantly my level of interest dropped. I was just passing the info along.

I am hoping DQVIII HD comes out. I know there was that guy who leaked info not long ago that made it sound like a possibility. If not I'll emulate it, but would much rather have a legit copy to play on PS3/PS4. Hell a Vita copy would be perfect, too, if they did a decent job of it.

You didn't play this?

IBnZik7.jpg
Would play

Patiently waiting for the le news for hyperdimension, hopefully i wont miss it if i find out the link for it before everyon else i'll post it asap.

oh, I wasn't saying from a respective stand point that it wasn't expensive. I mean compared to something like Hate plus which is currently $2.50 it is indeed expensive. I had just seen that phrase thrown around a number of times in the last week for games that are at merely retail price, and finally commented on it when you said. As someone who has collections of japanese games it just always feels weird seeing that when I know my little red watch from virtue's last reward is way to freaken expensive at around $150.

anyways, it wouldn't be surprising if NisA put the digital version on sale in the next month or so, they are due to have some sort of random sale on their games as it has been a while.
I've been waiting for a good NISA sale to pick them up digitally. If one doesn't happen in a couple of months, I might just go ahead and try to get physical copies.

Anyone planning on doing a return/rebuy or get a price adjustment on ToHR, don't bother. Dickwad manager tried to tell me my copy wasn't sealed. Of course it wasn't considering he gutted it and sold it to me that way even though I preordered months ahead. Didn't put that little stupid sticker on there and was mumbling something about sealing after telling me they don't do return/rebuy and price adjustments. I'm assuming he was referring to the sticker bullshit. Didn't care enough to argue since I didn't expect anything. Fortunately, I have GCU now, so I haven't bought anything new bar, ToHR there in several months. Oh well. I got a free rental on Danganronpa 2, so it's all good. I only buy something there if there are kongregate coupons or deep discounts as I've been doing. No more pre-orders, GS exclusive or not from now on. I figured ToHR would have been like Xenoblade, but that's not the case so far.

Dragon Quest VII is becoming a pipe dream for the 3DS....heck anything S-E do that's not FF is a pipe dream, though we got Bravely Default at least. They are just like Sega in my book. Always bringing over what's popular or was popular at one time, bringing over one niche title (Miku stuff for Sega), and skipping everything else. Until they change that's just the way i'll see them.

They posted that they would announce information 23 hours ago. So I'd guess that right around now and over the next hour or is when they're active on the account / send of Iffy's News Flash.

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/553737678336700416/photo/1
Is Idea Factory the store that last time had that preorder through amazon around 3AM EST and most people were having issues preordering the game that eventually became a fiasco? lol

Corpse Party: Blood Drive, Lord of Magna, Trails of Cold Steel /Sen No Kiseki, Xanadu Next from their Domain names.  Other 4 are probably new Ys, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, and  Senran Kagura 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back