Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Sony would bring some of these limited edition Vitas to us to show Nintendo how it's done. They could even display "Comes with AC adapter!" prominently on the packaging.
The PSP had many custom bundles in NA, but SCEA is too busy with the PS4 to have special Vita bundles. However, the 20th anniversary is technically the only PS4 with a unique look in the west. Japan gets all the fancy colors & designs...

The PSP had many custom bundles in NA, but SCEA is too busy with the PS4 to have special Vita bundles. However, the 20th anniversary is technically the only PS4 with a unique look in the west. Japan gets all the fancy colors & designs...
the only ones I remember are hannah montannah purple, daxter silver, mgs green (which looked pretty sweet actually) and I think a god of war.

why not many who had have already beat it enjoy it and resold it.
Because I'd feel less inclined to buy Kiwami if I had already played half the content. Even though Kiwami probably has enough new content to stand on its own as an independent release, knowing I'm double-dipping for the original game would make me feel like I'm being cheated. That's just how it is.

Because I'd feel less inclined to buy Kiwami if I had already played half the content. Even though Kiwami probably has enough new content to stand on its own as an independent release, knowing I'm double-dipping for the original game would make me feel like I'm being cheated. That's just how it is.
It's a hunting game....they usually get at least 1 expanded/semi-sequel type game that includes the original. I will get this once it's like $20 or something....have the original and played about 60 hours into it (didn't beat it haha.....somewhere there probably about 75% through the game). It is fun and is a fast paced hunting game.

I might buy Kiwami on PS4 near release if it doesn't cost more than $40. Considering this was a Vita game first I don't see it performing so much better it should cost $60.

I considered waiting this time but decided to buy Ayesha on PSN. Might as well keep on supporting the series day one like I have been since Rorona's original release. 

so much for neptunia 2 being RARE 12 hours and still in stock
Well, considering the orders started with 3,000 and someone just reported getting an order number in the 5700s, that would mean a total of only 2,700 copies sold so far. That's pretty limited when compared to almost any other limited edition I can think of, although admittedly we don't know how many copies they have to sell total. It's nice that people that want this can actually get it this time. It would be nice if other retailers imposed limits on things to prevent or at least slow down the massive flipping that keeps happening on even widely released items.

Well, considering the orders started with 3,000 and someone just reported getting an order number in the 5700s, that would mean a total of only 2,700 copies sold so far. That's pretty limited when compared to almost any other limited edition I can think of, although admittedly we don't know how many copies they have to sell total. It's nice that people that want this can actually get it this time. It would be nice if other retailers imposed limits on things to prevent or at least slow down the massive flipping that keeps happening on even widely released items.
I ordered mine at 7:02 CST and got the number 4477. So I'm curious if 1477 other folks snagged a copy or if the numbers might be random. Of course, I wouldn't doubt that many other different people were awaiting this to go active.

I ordered mine at 7:02 CST and got the number 4477. So I'm curious if 1477 other folks snagged a copy or if the numbers might be random. Of course, I wouldn't doubt that many other different people were awaiting this to go active.
I think the numbers are sequential. I checked out less than a minute or so after the item went live because I entered a credit card and I was in the 3200s. Most of the other comments I have seen from people who ordered immediately were in the low to mid 3000s.

Love Toukiden. Played the demo and didn't delete it and bought the full game for 20 at Walmart a few weeks ago. I don't feel bad though. Glad TK is going with a physical release! Now if Soul Sacrifice Delta went physical...

The answer to which, you could have found a few times in the last 2-5 pages of this thread.

If I remember reading correctly even though stuff from the save transfers over, story progress istarts over I believe I remember reading. I don't know if you can just jump into the new content right away.

If I remember reading correctly even though stuff from the save transfers over, story progress is started I believe I remember reading. I don't know if you can just jump into the new content right away.
Even so, it wouldn't take that long to clear the initial story with top tier gear and mitamas.

Even so, it wouldn't take that long to clear the initial story with top tier gear and mitamas.
True a little repetitive but wouldn't take but a few hours. Did anyone else hate how in multiplayer you had to pretty much start the story from the beginning? That was extremely repetitive and by the time my friend and I caught up to where we were in the story we tired out of the game a bit. Think we both ended chapter 5 or 6 I believe.

so much for neptunia 2 being RARE 12 hours and still in stock
That is how all LE preorders should be, it gives people that actually want to get the game a chance to get it over a decent amount of time. Nintendo should take note.

Looks like Idea Factory subscribes to the NIS America way of doing preorders, which I fully support. None of this selling out within 10 minutes bullshit.

That is how all LE preorders should be, it gives people that actually want to get the game a chance to get it over a decent amount of time. Nintendo should take note.

Looks like Idea Factory subscribes to the NIS America way of doing preorders, which I fully support. None of this selling out within 10 minutes bullshit.
I agree. I'd much rather let people have a reasonable time period to pre-order before cutting it off. Seems like that would avoid the extremely low print run and sitting on the shelf getting clearanced issues.

I still need to finish Freedom Wars but I'll probably pick up the new Toukiden since I never got the first one. Now if only Bamco would give us God Eater 2 Burst

I agree. I'd much rather let people have a reasonable time period to pre-order before cutting it off. Seems like that would avoid the extremely low print run and sitting on the shelf getting clearanced issues.
But lets face it though. The magic that was Neptunia 1 is gone now, in a couple of months this'll get thrown in with the rest of the LE's we keep on our shevles and prob don't look at. The rarity and chase of it all is what makes these things special, and yes the feeling that you got one when someone else didn't

But lets face it though. The magic that was Neptunia 1 is gone now, in a couple of months this'll get thrown in with the rest of the LE's we keep on our shevles and prob don't look at. The rarity and chase of it all is what makes these things special, and yes the feeling that you got one when someone else didn't
Never know, not many people look at IF facebook page. Who knows how many they're making.

Disagree. I've been collecting games for many years and it doesn't matter to me if something is "ultra rare" or common as dirt. I only need one and my enjoyment of something doesn't derive from the sad belief that I'm better than someone just because I scooped up some limited edition something or other and they didn't. In fact, I derive pleasure from helping other people find harder to find items so that they can get enjoyment out of them too.

Disagree. I've been collecting games for many years and it doesn't matter to me if something is "ultra rare" or common as dirt. I only need one and my enjoyment of something doesn't derive from the sad belief that I'm better than someone just because I scooped up some limited edition something or other and they didn't. In fact, I derive pleasure from helping other people find harder to find items so that they can get enjoyment out of them too.
you have to admit you felt some dissapointment when you could order so easily and it was still up after a day

Agree with this. Couldn't give a shit less how rare something is or how many people have it. Not for video games anyway.

Let's not forget, the LE comes with a game, and I'm guessing its a pretty decent one too. I've played the Neptunia games since the first one and if there was never a collectors edition and just the game, I'd enjoy it a lot too. I know the game has had rough beginnings, and its not known for its amazing gameplay or graphics or story. But the characters are cute and funny, the dialogue is quirky and the game makes fun of itself a lot, knowing where it's faults lie. Regardless of how rare or special the CE is, we should still acknowledge the game for what it really is, just a fun, enjoyable video game.

you have to admit you felt some dissapointment when you could order so easily and it was still up after a day
Not at all. I knew it would be a lot easier to get this one than the last one just based on all the statements IF had made on Facebook. I'm very pleased everyone who wanted one was able to get one. I wish all LEs and CEs were handled that way with good infrastructure that didn't collapse and limits per person and flippers were taken out of the equation completely.

Not at all. I knew it would be a lot easier to get this one than the last one just based on all the statements IF had made on Facebook. I'm very pleased everyone who wanted one was able to get one. I wish all LEs and CEs were handled that way with good infrastructure that didn't collapse and limits per person and flippers were taken out of the equation completely.
Huh it's just me then.

Sure, I've felt the feeling of satisfaction over getting something that others didn't. But it isn't a -good- satisfaction. It's more of a "wow, this was hard to get and I actually managed to get lucky enough to get one!" The feeling of missing out on something is horrible, and as soon as that happens once you just wish there would be enough for everyone.

The flip side is there being way too many and other people getting them on clearance prices. That sucks only because then you should've waited. :p

But basically I didn't want it because it might be rare. I just wanted it. If the value of something I've purchased goes up after the fact then it's a potential one day financial bonus, but video games aren't an investment for me. They're a hobby.

I can't bring myself to sell my rare games even the ones worth $300+, because while that's $300.. I'd probably just spend it on more games anyway so I'm just happy I got them at a reasonable price while it lasted. xP

If the game is rare or not is really irrelevant to me. I was going to buy this game anyway. So rather than spend $39.99 on it, I threw an extra 20 at it to get a cool outer casing, a CD of music I will listen to, and a calendar I will probably do nothing with because some of the pictures are a little too much for me to put out.

If they print a million of these it won't matter to me. Heck I bought the CE for Resident Evil Raccoon City day 1. It was selling for like $5 a few months later. Doesn't matter to me. I loved that game and the CE.

Seriously, who cares if its rare or not. The real thing to care about is "Do I like this, and is it worth it for me to buy for myself". Anything else, honestly, is just a waste of time.

If the price of a game I buy goes up or down doesn't matter to me.  That would imply that I ever sell anything.

There is nothing special about about a game with thousands of copies. If you want something truly rare you need to go after Japanese contest prize. They are stuff you can't just go on ebay and buy even if you have money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back