Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks. Yeah, I heard PW3 and J-stars will be localized to the PS3, digitally at the very least (which is better than nothing, I know). Just wondering about a physical release b/c all I have seen up to this point are preorders for the PS4 version. Well, we'll see what happens.
I hope there's a physical release for both of those games. It would be a shame if they were retail exclusive for PS4.

I think PS4 is getting physical release and only digital for vita and ps3.
I really hope J-Stars + isn't like all the other niche games that haven't had physical releases. I'd like to say that I would import, but heard the online on the original is already dead and it makes things easier to own games in English no matter how little text appears.

Anyone else get an email from NISA about having to resubmit a payment on Paypal?
yes what is that about? The message had an order# that was not part of any of my orders i made so it felt kinda sketchy or some kind of mistake maybe?? Im planning on calling them tomorrow Saturday to see whats up(assuming customer service is working weekends)

Eh, such a pain in the ass to deal with this preorder problem first it was majoras mask from bestbuy now i have to carefully send the payment to nisa for all my preorders. Going to contact them to make sure everything is good on my end now.

Anyone else get an email from NISA about having to resubmit a payment on Paypal?
Happened to me on a past order where, IIRC, they preauthorized my Paypal account, and then something weird with my address and/or billing not matching up, due to Paypal defaulting to some address that I used in the past, I can't really remember the details 100%, but to resolve, I think I ended up just using one of their email address that they supplied and sending the Paypal payment directly, while also including the previous order confirmation #. It was legit and efficient and I wasn't double charged.

Long story short, I just try to use direct credit card versus Paypal for NISA Online Store orders and save myself future trouble, not to mention I find the preauthorizations to go smoother and charges happen more timely with shipping/release dates when not having Paypal as a middleman, though this might be more my perception than actual fact.

Then, recently, with a Gamefly order, I also had the same thing happen where I deleted some old credit cards and then my address redefaulted to my parent's shipping address, despite not having used that address for several years, so maybe Paypal default shipping options might have kind of changed on their own with their latest site update, or maybe it was my mistake for editing stuff and not paying close enough attention, in that case, I had to call a Gamefly rep to resolve the issue.

Sorry if this included needlessly extra words.

I got an email from NISA too. Kinda scary since I've got four things preordered.

What's weird is they say that this only affects preorders made before January 6th, yet I just checked my paypal account and all of my payment authorizations to NISA (even the ones made after that date) have been cancelled. Hopefully they'll be sure to send out individual emails for each item.

But man, it seems like their new store has been one big headache.

emailed nis about this, hopefully they wont drag their feet to respond, both emails i got were shady with numbers that didnt match up and one had a missing pic as a order number, gonna be pissed if nis was hacked and info stolen with nis dening everything or telling us this summer about it, i get pissed at companies that are so slow when telling us these things, by then the info is already being used on the black market

emailed nis about this, hopefully they wont drag their feet to respond, both emails i got were shady with numbers that didnt match up and one had a missing pic as a order number, gonna be pissed if nis was hacked and info stolen with nis dening everything or telling us this summer about it, i get pissed at companies that are so slow when telling us these things, by then the info is already being used on the black market
Call them, as their ticket system SUCKS! I've gotten replies within a few hours through emailing, and I've also had replies take weeks. As long as their phone system is working, and you actually talk to someone, your problems can/will be fixed immediately.

I also go two emails from nisamerica last night, one of which I could not confirm the sales order number in my records. I sent support an email about it to resolve the issue. Hopefully it is not a scam.

Is this NISA payment issue only going out to people who pay with Paypal? I paid with my CC and haven't gotten anything.
It should be. If you notice the original payment authorizations that were made with Paypal, they were all set to expire within 30 days (at least mine were), instead of a year like they're doing now. This meant the authorization would have dropped off your paypal payment long before the pre-order came out. This is why they're showing as canceled on paypal, because nisa never completed the transaction, because they don't do that until the items ship. When the games release, they'll not be able to collect payment, which I assume leads to the emails we all received. I placed another order after Jan 6, and that authorization is now set to expire next year, which is what I would have expected before. I think it's all legit, but there is no harm in contacting them. I received two emails, one was an order I had placed without being logged into my account, that came with the odd order number in the subject and some gibberish in the actual message. My other order that I placed while logged into my account came with the correct info. Does this match up with anyone else?

When did you order? If you log into paypal, does it still show it as pending or does it show as canceled?
Early December...and I just checked Paypal--it shows that it was canceled, which sucks because I used a $7 discount coupon on it! I never got any notification, either! :headache:

EDIT: The transaction details say that it expired, which matches what you said about the authorization only lasting 30 days. Since htoL#NiQ releases next month, should I contact NISA Customer Service and have them re-authorize the payment (if that's even possible)?

Early December...and I just checked Paypal--it shows that it was canceled, which sucks because I used a $7 discount coupon on it! I never got any notification, either! :headache:

EDIT: The transaction details say that it expired, which matches what you said about the authorization only lasting 30 days. Since htoL#NiQ releases next month, should I contact NISA Customer Service and have them re-authorize the payment (if that's even possible)?
If you didn't get an email (check your junk folder or maybe wait another day, my two emails were hours apart), I'd contact them. The email indicates that your pre-order is still safe, they just need to get the payment straightened out. They were asking for the payment to be sent now through paypal and reference your order number in the message so they can apply it, since they can't re-authorize it. I suppose an alternative would be to place a new order and have them cancel/release your other one, but stock of the limited is below 5% now, so that could carry some risks.

I'm generally wary of unexpected e-mails too, and I'm shocked there's no mention of it on their customer service forum. The only thing there is an empty message about a canceled authorization. I went ahead and did it though, since it seemed to all fit. Either way, Paypal has you covered anyway, so I'm not going to obsess about it.

If you didn't get an email (check your junk folder or maybe wait another day, my two emails were hours apart), I'd contact them. The email indicates that your pre-order is still safe, they just need to get the payment straightened out. They were asking for the payment to be sent now through paypal and reference your order number in the message so they can apply it, since they can't re-authorize it. I suppose an alternative would be to place a new order and have them cancel/release your other one, but stock of the limited is below 5% now, so that could carry some risks.

I'm generally wary of unexpected e-mails too, and I'm shocked there's no mention of it on their customer service forum. The only thing there is an empty message about a canceled authorization. I went ahead and did it though, since it seemed to all fit. Either way, Paypal has you covered anyway, so I'm not going to obsess about it.
There's nothing in my junk folder, but I placed my preorder on Dec. 6th; shouldn't I have gotten an email by now? I'll probably send them an email this weekend.

Also, I bought the standard edition, not the LE, so stock isn't an issue. My main concern is that (as I said) I used a $7 coupon thanks to NISA's reward points, and I want to make sure that is applied to the total.

is their a certain way to do it? arent you supposed to use the pay for goods option then enter the store@nis address, been trying but it says their is a problem

is their a certain way to do it? arent you supposed to use the pay for goods option then enter the store@nis address, been trying but it says their is a problem
That's what I did, Chose pay for goods, entered their email store address and the amount, put the order# in the message column. I did it twice, since I had two orders and got two e-mails.

Glad I still have a hacked ps3 but I don't see myself getting it from the garage just to play Vesperia
I would in the event I had a hacked PS3. It's a shame the PS3 release of ToV never made it to the US. I just don't see myself buying a hacked PS3 and the Japanese game, just for one game. I can always hope they release it on Vita one of these days.

Starting to wonder if the first round of emails that went out were messed up (missing order numbers) and the second email was a correction for the first?  I thought one was for each of my outstanding pre-orders, but now I wonder if they were both intended for the Criminal Girl pre-orders, since that ships first week in Feb and if another round won't come out to fix the htol pre-orders later.  Hard to tell without more people sharing their results.  For instance, did anyone with just an htol pre-order get one?  I might have jumped the gun by assuming one was for each pre-order and paying them both now.  Oh well.

Starting to wonder if the first round of emails that went out were messed up (missing order numbers) and the second email was a correction for the first? I thought one was for each of my outstanding pre-orders, but now I wonder if they were both intended for the Criminal Girl pre-orders, since that ships first week in Feb and if another round won't come out to fix the htol pre-orders later. Hard to tell without more people sharing their results. For instance, did anyone with just an htol pre-order get one? I might have jumped the gun by assuming one was for each pre-order and paying them both now. Oh well.
Same here. First email had no order ID and the second came around midnight with the order ID for criminal girls. Guess it's worth asking if they need us to do it for everyone since I don't want to lose atelier

I would in the event I had a hacked PS3. It's a shame the PS3 release of ToV never made it to the US. I just don't see myself buying a hacked PS3 and the Japanese game, just for one game. I can always hope they release it on Vita one of these days.
At some point there will be other Japanese only PS3 games getting translation patch. There isnt much progress with PS3 emulation.

There's nothing in my junk folder, but I placed my preorder on Dec. 6th; shouldn't I have gotten an email by now? I'll probably send them an email this weekend.

Also, I bought the standard edition, not the LE, so stock isn't an issue. My main concern is that (as I said) I used a $7 coupon thanks to NISA's reward points, and I want to make sure that is applied to the total.
Mine shows up as cancelled, and i preodered on 11/20 >.>

I havent got the emails either
I preordered htoL#NiQ on Dec. 8th and I haven't received an email about it either, but paypal is showing that the authorization was cancelled. I'm just assuming that folks are only receiving emails regarding Criminal Girls preorders right now since that title is so close to launching and we'll get other emails with similar instructions when our other preordered products get close to release.

Of course, to be on the safe side, we should contact customer service as well (though they're probably getting hammered with questions regarding orders right now).

Haven't received an email either, but lo and behold, checking my paypal activity, the payment was cancelled. My order was on Nov 18, 2014. Just shot em an email about the situation.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

edit: Also looking at Pokken gameplay, is it going to be like NUNS? Even though I believe Team Tekken is behind it, the game doesn't look competitive and may be super dumbed down. Yeah, I don't expect Tekken levels of intricacy, but I don't want it to lack competitive nature. Team Tekken handled some of Smash and that game really isn't competitive at all, at least compared to Melee. At least keep out a substitution no jutsu mechanic out of the game, that is my most hated thing in all of the NUNS games.

I guess im an idiot for paying both criminal girls and htO yesterday.. Also emailed them no response im getting alittle worried.
They'll get back to you. I'd say you would be screwed overpaying with any other company but Nisa got such awesome customer service you'll probably get a coupon and an apology out of it

Haven't received an email either, but lo and behold, checking my paypal activity, the payment was cancelled. My order was on Nov 18, 2014. Just shot em an email about the situation.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

edit: Also looking at Pokken gameplay, is it going to be like NUNS? Even though I believe Team Tekken is behind it, the game doesn't look competitive and may be super dumbed down. Yeah, I don't expect Tekken levels of intricacy, but I don't want it to lack competitive nature. Team Tekken handled some of Smash and that game really isn't competitive at all, at least compared to Melee. At least keep out a substitution no jutsu mechanic out of the game, that is my most hated thing in all of the NUNS games.
well havent played tag 2 for wii u but it might be a comparasion, since this is nintendo and pokemon which their main audiences for that and other games are the 14 and under, u cant expect much plus their will be a huge push with dlc for developed characters during the making but we will leave out and say other wise so u pay more crap, probably better to get it down the line when its a reasonable price since most of the game will be left out for dlc to purchase later, whats crap is most likely they will pust digital only for this in u.s., since their are so many die hards for nintendo, they have a reason to do this since most fans are ignorant and will support the high price for \half a game, you wanna a fair game, stop supporting their half sales with physical and only digital crap, send a message, same with the idiots havening to buy mm 3ds right now, just dont but and wait for the faceplate editon

Any recommendations of Japanese produced games that are exclusively available for download on the PSN store? I want to use my 10% off code this weekend and I'm trying to figure out what to buy other than Castle of Shikigami 2, Virtua Fighter 5: Complete Edition and Arcade Hits: Shienryu.

The Atelier Plus games are a good bet. (Rorona Plus has a physical edition on PS3).
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit
Corpse Party
Hastune Miku: Project Diva f on Vita. (PS3 version has physical release)
Class of Heroes 2 if you missed the limited physical run
Tokyo Jungle
Monster Monpiece
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (imported asian english version has the same translation)
Chaos Code
Magical Beat
BlackRock Shooter
Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection
End of Serenity
Record of Agarest War (digital only for PS3 in the US. Physical edition exists for Xbox 360. Also on PC, mobile digitally)

Thanks, Pheria. I was also considering the following:

Cho Aniki
House of the Dead 3 & 4 (didn't like Overkill)
R-Type Dimensions
Money Idol Exchanger
Strider 2
Suikoden II
Tall Unlimited
Tomba
Tomba 2

I'm assuming Gaia Seed and Magical Drop F have been delisted since they aren't showing up anymore.

I got Elminage Original yesterday, and passed on Wizardry. Both are digital only dungeon crawler/rogue-likes.

Didn't know Magical Drop was delisted. I bought it on release, I think, so I think I still have it.

Also picked up the Project Diva F character pack.

I got Elminage Original yesterday, and passed on Wizardry. Both are digital only dungeon crawler/rogue-likes.

Didn't know Magical Drop was delisted. I bought it on release, I think, so I think I still have it.

Also picked up the Project Diva F character pack.
I love Elminage and put like 50 hours into it. it sucks that the translation is so godawful. it's been a while but I don't even think the items had descriptions.

Speaking of digital PSN games, I'm trying to download a bunch and play them. It's really slow bringing up the download list on Vita and scrolling all the way back down every time (it returns to the top after every time I press a download button?!)

I remembered using Media Go with my PSP and downloaded it, but it looks like it doesn't support Vita games.

Using the "Download to..." from the web store seems to only work sometimes. Not sure why it's so flaky. Also it's limited to 24 per page, doesn't have any sorting or filtering (filter by platform, filter out all the various DLC items, etc), so flipping through all the pages is better, but still not great.

Scrolling through this list takes 5x as long as it would for me to just walk into my game room and grab a cart if they were physical.

Is there a better way to download digital content to my Vita? Is there a better interface than the "Download List" in the PSN app? Any way to download to PC then transfer, etc?

Speaking of digital PSN games, I'm trying to download a bunch and play them. It's really slow bringing up the download list on Vita and scrolling all the way back down every time (it returns to the top after every time I press a download button?!)

I remembered using Media Go with my PSP and downloaded it, but it looks like it doesn't support Vita games.

Using the "Download to..." from the web store seems to only work sometimes. Not sure why it's so flaky. Also it's limited to 24 per page, doesn't have any sorting or filtering (filter by platform, filter out all the various DLC items, etc), so flipping through all the pages is better, but still not great.

Scrolling through this list takes 5x as long as it would for me to just walk into my game room and grab a cart if they were physical.

Is there a better way to download digital content to my Vita? Is there a better interface than the "Download List" in the PSN app? Any way to download to PC then transfer, etc?
If you have a ps3 use it to download all your games and then transfer them to your vita that way. I'd also recommend copying your games to your pc that way you won't have to worry about redownloading them. It's way more convenient and faster.

If you have a ps3 use it to download all your games and then transfer them to your vita that way. I'd also recommend copying your games to your pc that way you won't have to worry about redownloading them. It's way more convenient and faster.
I was kind of leaning toward something like this. I was a little worried since my PS3 is 160GB, but I could probably just download a little bit at a time. Not like I can cram more than that on my 32GB card anyway.

Seems like the best option for now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back