Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Between my ps1, psp and vita games my backup folder is like over 150GB. I like being able to pick and choose without having to wait like a day for everything I want to download. Also we totally need 256GB memore cards

Has anyone seen anything on Moero Chronicle in English? At TGS, they said it would be released in Asia in February, but nobody is taking preorders that I can find. I can't find any information beyond folks reporting the TGS story, either.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/16/moero-chronicle-localized-english-asia/
I haven't found anything. I just tried checking again a couple days ago.

I can't even figure out if it's going to have a physical release.

Did a quick search just now, and it looks like there's no news about it since the announcement in Asia either.

Trails of the Sky: Second Chapter script has now been completed:

https://twitter.com/HProtagonista/status/558283842302124032
M-bison-yes-o.gif

No update from nisa email support. Emailed two days ago now.
You're better off calling their phone number. I tried emailing them several times when their website had all those problems a few months ago and never got a response back. I called them a bit later and was taken care of right away. Just call during normal west coast business hours.

No update from nisa email support. Emailed two days ago now.
knowing nisa support I took it out of their hands.

I repreordered the 4 games that it effected (as it effected all games ordered from the start of the new store until jan 6th) and then sent them an email saying to cancel the other orders and to move my discount codes from my orders to the new ones.

the odds of them sending me extra copies of their games when they don't get payments for them is a lot less then the odds something is going to get screwed up by sending them random payments and waiting on them... and worst case and I do magically get extra copies... they tend to hold their value well.

Its okay im sure it'll update tommorow. If not ill call in the noon when i get off work. They usually respond fast for me when i email but idk what happen.. Hopefully they can confirm my paypal payments that i sended them and add then to my order.

What is the NISA issue now? People's orders being cancelled without consent?
an email was sent out saying that Paypal didnt go through and you needed to resend the money again for a specific order(sometimes not even one that you did like in my case i got 2 emails, one with a correct order# of mine and another that i have no idea what it is) . I would recommend everyone to call them tomorrow Monday(do not click on any link on the email or phone# since it might be a phishing scam) to find out whats going on. I did go to there official site on Saturday to send them an email but i will be calling them as well tomorrow to see whats going on. Will report tomorrow my findings after i get out of work if others dont report first

an email was sent out saying that Paypal didnt go through and you needed to resend the money again for a specific order(sometimes not even one that you did like in my case i got 2 emails, one with a correct order# of mine and another that i have no idea what it is) . I would recommend everyone to call them tomorrow Monday(do not click on any link on the email or phone# since it might be a phishing scam) to find out whats going on. I did go to there official site on Saturday to send them an email but i will be calling them as well tomorrow to see whats going on. Will report tomorrow my findings after i get out of work if others dont report first
with a little research it's easy to see it isn't a phishing scam

A. they have your order number correct, which is very very very unlikely unless the NisA servers were compromised.

B. if you go to your own paypal account you can confirm what the email said, that your preorder payment for those orders have been cancelled.

NisA screwed up with their new sight and made it so that the paypal preorders only had a 30 day window before they were cancelled.

this effected every single order made from the store launch until january 6th, any order made with paypal between that period will likely be cancelled or already has. This solution of sending the payment is only happening right now because criminal girls is about to ship, and it will only resolve the criminal girls one. If you have preordered all of the announced games since the new store hit you will have like 4 separate orders that you will have to fix, and given how they are fixing this one about a week before each game launches you will have to manually send them payment just like this time.

Thus like I said earlier, since none of the games I preordered were actually out of stock I just preordered them all again so I can be done with this. They aren't going to send me copies of games I didn't pay for thus even without support's help all of my effected orders should get cancelled. I love NisA but their support is garbage and in no way would I trust them to fix this. On the flip side it looks like criminal girls is unlikely to sell out, so even if you order is cancelled you should still be able to order a new one and get it a week or two later in a worst case with support.

Didn't know Magical Drop F was delisted. I bought it on release, I think, so I think I still have it.
Well, I hope that is still on your PS3's hard drive, because if you didn't, its possibly gone forever, cause its seems that, although delisted, I've also heard reports that this game is removed from your download list too, even if you bought it a while back, so yeah. =/

(Note, there was another Data East game that kinda went the same way, but it eventaully came back on PSN for some unknown reason.)

Thanks, Pheria. I was also considering the following:

Cho Aniki
House of the Dead 3 & 4 (didn't like Overkill)
R-Type Dimensions
Money Idol Exchanger
Strider 2
Suikoden II
Tall Unlimited
Tomba
Tomba 2

I'm assuming Gaia Seed and Magical Drop F have been delisted since they aren't showing up anymore.
GaiaSeed is still there but not in the classics section for some reason. Magical Drop F is gone.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/gaiaseed-(ps3-psp-ps-vita)/cid=JP0571-NPUF30001_00-GAIASEED00000000

I don't care about the dubs too much in games, cause I rarely sit through the voice acting.

I do care about the battle sounds though, which always sounds stupid dubbed.

Anyone got a update from nisa?
hell know, nothing on email, called a couple of times, no response then to voicemail. i said screw it and reordered again through paypal, left a note in paypal notes to nis about their screw up, well if i get two, will return them, if i get none, doesnt make it any worse what i think about them anyway, getting tired of no dub bad translations little better than cell phone/heavy vn caliber they seem to only do anyway

hell know, nothing on email, called a couple of times, no response then to voicemail. i said screw it and reordered again through paypal, left a note in paypal notes to nis about their screw up, well if i get two, will return them, if i get none, doesnt make it any worse what i think about them anyway, getting tired of no dub bad translations little better than cell phone/heavy vn caliber they seem to only do anyway
Ugh ill give it another day.

I have a preorder for that Fairy whatever it's called Vita game. It looked weird in my PayPal, so I emailed to ask them about it.

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, during a period of transition for us from one payment processor to another, many Paypal authorizations for preorders have expired. Your order ###### is one of them. In a couple of weeks we will be emailing our customers for payment. You can always send payment early via manual transfer if you like, just be sure to reference the order # #######. Don't worry, your preorder has not been cancelled and is safe.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue.

Regards,

Hoda Afshari
NIS America
Accounting Department
[email protected]
(714)540-1122

cleardot.gif

I have a preorder for that Fairy whatever it's called Vita game. It looked weird in my PayPal, so I emailed to ask them about it.
Called them... got a voicemail too. >_<... Since i work all day i can wait, i know its legit stuff going on but i would prefer to have confirmation that i paid and everything is good on my end.

Called them... got a voicemail too. >_<... Since i work all day i can wait, i know its legit stuff going on but i would prefer to have confirmation that i paid and everything is good on my end.
i called them twice today and twice i had to leave voicemail. I guess they are just hoping that we would forget and the problem will go away?? :rofl:

Does anyone else's Rebirth 2 still say awaiting payment? My status has not changed at all since I placed the order, but they collected the money from me on the 21st.
OMFG, same here what is up with these preorder companys?! Im having trouble with every online store... why is it such a problem... Just take my money and give me my damn LE!

Edit : Don't know if this was already posted but.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-limited-edition/

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Limited Edition

Includes:

• Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart for the PlayStation®Vita system
  • "XOXO Noire" Wall Scroll
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Illustration Book
  • Collector's Box
  • Reversible Cover Sleeve Art

Does anyone else's Rebirth 2 still say awaiting payment? My status has not changed at all since I placed the order, but they collected the money from me on the 21st.
thats nothing they go we hope to start shipping them tomorrow. Will not respond to how many they are shpping , hell they can take weeks to ship them out and ship like 20 out a day and go O WE HAVE BEEN SHIPPING FOR WEEKS. Screw this company i know if i dont have it end of week im disputing the charge

OMFG, same here what is up with these preorder companys?! Im having trouble with every online store... why is it such a problem... Just take my money and give me my damn LE!

Edit : Don't know if this was already posted but.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-limited-edition/

Includes:

• Collector's Box
Looks like they took that page down. I suspect there will be an announcement soon.

Mine says the same. Had a weird paypal issue, contacted them and paid, even called back to confirm and they said they saw the charge.

Getting a bit worried my order might not have been verified properly or something

I am all over that noire LE, hurry up and take more of my money iffystore

This year I've already purchased 3x more jrpgs than last year and I haven't even finished 1 in all of last year

Sigh...

This year I've already purchased 3x more jrpgs than last year and I haven't even finished 1 in all of last year

Sigh...
Yeah, I'm sadly going to buy anything that's Hyperdimension related. The only one I've yet to play is the original 1st game for PS3 that most people hated.

09930ecce2acd981b963f746f952f15d3c56.jpg

8 more days and this will happen. There will be a 30 hour stream, and there will be some Persona 5 details. Pretty confident that there will also be more information on Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

Sigh...
very behind in my jrpg backlog also, like to get xillia 2 over with, just when i was going through the guide, seems to be a rather unneccessary complicated battle shceme and between that and some reviews, hard to get motivated to start it, if i wasnt so hooked on those stupid pokemon games i would have more time, hate the breeding system

Includes:

• Collector's Box
Was the wall scroll fanservicey? This sounds like a fun game, but I'm not paying for a limited edition that includes stuff I can't/won't use.

I have two codes for early access to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3ds if someone wants one.  Please just post if you take one.

A070W2TQ38G2G7HA

A070M9G82FRLDQT7

Wow, are you guys aware of the negative buzz for Tales of Zestiria in Japan? It's pretty substantial.

http://zaveids.tumblr.com/post/109047131927/all-the-things-wrong-with-zestiria-and-some-more

Spoilers, FYI. I know it's (literally) hard to read. This might actually be the first Tales game I skip since it sounds worse than Xillia, which I find impressive considering I think the two Xillias are the worst Tales games in the series. At the very least, I definitely won't be getting it at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back