Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got through to NIS a few minutes ago (I called the main corporate number, hit zero and asked the operator to be transferred to someone who could help me with a store issue). Apparently calling customer service on the direct line doesn't work.

The multiple charges on credit cards are just authorizations and a system error that will drop off in a few days. You do not need to call unless the holds are causing a credit crunch for you in which case they can manually remove them.
Thanks for the info, I figured it was an error and would correct eventually.

If they really did switch payment processors like the statement they had said, they HAD to cancel any authorized non completed charges for all payment methods. Believe it or not businesses have to do things at times they don't want to and sometimes it means they screw their customers over in the end.

I wasn't planning on buying Zestiria on launch anyway, but how many of you actually care that Alisha isn't in the game much? I guess it's 'cause I haven't been following development but being told character you don't really know anything about isn't going to be a main party member doesn't sound like a big deal. Not defending bamco, but people are blowing it out of proportions because people waifu'd her from early screenshots.
The issues are:

-she was unveiled at the same time as Sorey when ToZ was first announced

-Hideo Baba said that the two were the main protagonists, yet she's barely in the party

-she has dedicated DLC costumes

-we now know she has a separate DLC episode that will be temporarily free

Any update on idea factory shipping the Hyperdimen2 LE? They said it should have a tracking number today but mine is still labeled awaiting payment..

And fuck nisa still haven't gotten back to me yet..

Any update on idea factory shipping the Hyperdimen2 LE? They said it should have a tracking number today but mine is still labeled awaiting payment..

And fuck nisa still haven't gotten back to me yet..
Just got the email for my tracking. Says Priority 2-day.

I wasn't planning to get Tales of Zestria at launch.  We've seen too many updated ports recently that I'm holding back on newer last gen titles.  Plus, I'm a cheapass and don't want to miss my annual Tales of Black Friday purchase. 

I skimmed it quickly to avoid spoilers, but the fact that a certain character is unplayable for most of the game might make me skip getting it at launch for the full price. It honestly kind of sounds like they're going to make a definitive PS4 version in the future.
I was a very harsh critic of the Xillia series and now this nonsense. I don't want to see Namco ruin my favorite series!
did you two catch the recent story dlc they're releasing for alicia? love the jpn fans are finally growing somewhat of a spine. even if the dlc will be free temporary thats a start.

I wasn't planning on buying Zestiria on launch anyway, but how many of you actually care that Alisha isn't in the game much? I guess it's 'cause I haven't been following development but being told character you don't really know anything about isn't going to be a main party member doesn't sound like a big deal. Not defending bamco, but people are blowing it out of proportions because people waifu'd her from early screenshots.

Ys MoC is on PSN sale for $20 but it's been that price for physical. Just thought I'd mention in case anyone was interested.
Well for those that played the live demo and liked her in the ova its kinda a big issue. I was going to use her in my party because she's a good lance user who fights like a swordsman. I'm not sure if I would of mained her as zabida edna and mikulio are fighting for that slot. Though I don't know what zabida plays like. Supposedly he is a clone of dezel though so if he doesn't have gun artes he is out too.

I know this has been asked already but it's hard to keep up with this thread.

I pre ordered 2 games from NISA with a credit card.

I have 2 pending charges.

They have been there more than a week... Are they going away or are they going to take the money now?

I submitted the PM for newegg on amazon and within 15min they changed the price, im sure you can do it with the Vita version as well!
I submitted the PM to Amazon, and they just price matched the Vita version too.

Not really a huge fan of rhythm games, but I'll grab a copy to add to my collection.

Anyone know if the Etrian Mysterious dungeon game has the soundtrack packaing for al 1st print runs or is it just GS/Amazon? Id like to order from Best Buy but they dont mention anything about it on their site

Anyone know if the Etrian Mysterious dungeon game has the soundtrack packaing for al 1st print runs or is it just GS/Amazon? Id like to order from Best Buy but they dont mention anything about it on their site
More than likely in most Atlus titles lately, any bonuses are 1st print runs and not retailer exclusive. Its not just GS/AMZ that has it, NewEgg also has it too. But since you mention Best Buy, who knows, but if you're worried, here's a visual cue what the "Launch Edition" should look like...

pur_09.png

I submitted the PM to Amazon, and they just price matched the Vita version too.

Not really a huge fan of rhythm games, but I'll grab a copy to add to my collection.
I wasen't a fan of rythm games before I played that game, it was life changing.

Lots of price-drop/sale action at Gamestop:

:ps4:

Natural Doctrine - $39.99/$34.99 new/used

Samurai Warriors 4 - $49.99/$44.99 new/used

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $39.99/$34.99 new/used

:ps3:

Ar Nosurge - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Atelier Escha & Logy - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Atelier Rorona Plus - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Deception IV - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - $29.99/$27.99 new/used

Mugen Souls Z - $14.99/$12.99 new/used

Natural Doctrine - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

:vita:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - $14.99/$12.99 new/used

One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

hmmmm, WO and Natural doctrine (used) are approaching buy prices with BD and PUR.  These days, without manual make it easier to find games in their case only.

Just like most people here, I am thinking of waiting until price drops for games now before I jump on. alot of these games that are going to release this year because chances are, I won't play them right away.

I think that should be my goal from 2015 onward lolol unless it's some type of collectors that can't be passed up or I will be wasting tons of money which I don't even have to waste >.

Just like most people here, I am thinking of waiting until price drops for games now before I jump on. alot of these games that are going to release this year because chances are, I won't play them right away.

I think that should be my goal from 2015 onward lolol unless it's some type of collectors that can't be passed up or I will be wasting tons of money which I don't even have to waste >.<

Hyperdimension U and Hyperdevotion Noire can probably wait until some type of later sale IMO

I know that Awakened Fate Ultimatum will drop in price too but I am also thinking if to snag the collectors for it or not, same with Operation Abyss

Than you have Etrian Mystery Dungeon and that first print bonus, although I think it will drop with the bonus still there later on...

TO me the only games that rarely ever drop are ones released by Nintendo (or atleast first party ones) which then you sorta get it or wait 5 years *facepalm*
yeah best bet on nintendo titles is b2g1 and such sales or getting lucky on awd.

My goal for the year was to only buy 1 game each month. pffffft like that was ever gonna work. Last week alone I bought like 10 games thanks to psn and such sales. Now I plan on picking up that echa and logy and of course rorona plus since I've had my eye on those 2. ar no surge is also very tempting at that price.

I would go for Atelier Escha & Logy PS3 but I already know there is a Vita version coming out and I prefer the plus versions that I know we will eventually get. Rorona Plus is a great price though. Thinking about Ragnarock Odyssey Ace for the Vita...but with MH4 coming out soon I'd rather go for that.

Also I strongly dislike when previously single player games seem to go F2P multiplayer type games. I don't care that we're not getting Dragon's Dogma Online and some like Sleeping Dogs F2P I know I will cry a little bit when I play if we get it as I really enjoyed the previous game.

Also for people mentioning the Atlus first run bonuses....they're usually available for a while after release depending on how popular the game is. Most of those bonuses are tiny though. A few track releases (usually remixes) and a tiny artbook. Not worth losing money over mainly since mainly of Atlus' less popular games (Etrian Odyssey and such) drop in price fairly quickly.

Lots of price-drop/sale action at Gamestop:

:ps4:

Natural Doctrine - $39.99/$34.99 new/used

Samurai Warriors 4 - $49.99/$44.99 new/used

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $39.99/$34.99 new/used

:ps3:

Ar Nosurge - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Atelier Escha & Logy - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Atelier Rorona Plus - $17.99 used (still $39.99 new)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - $29.99/$27.99 new/used

Mugen Souls Z - $14.99/$12.99 new/used

One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

:vita:

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - $14.99/$12.99 new/used

One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

That is really good. Will likely be out $100 this week now due to this.

Wow, that's a nice selection of titles on sale. I already have everything in that list except for the 'warriors' games. I somehow fooled myself into thinking that JRPG's will go up in price post launch due to low print runs yet again this year and paid MSRP for most.

Might need to grab that Atelier Escha & Logy if I can find it to add to my list of Atelier games I own but have not played.

Right now I have Rorona, Totori, Meruru, Ayesha and Annie.

Just got an email from Idea Factory. Noire LE is up for pre-order next week (February 2nd, 6PM PST)

EDIT: Pictures.

1Y69kZ2.png

MqbARDn.jpg

pvo77OJ.jpg

r1515vp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back