Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pieces literally fell out when I took it out of the package. This is why I hate buying LEs online. You never know what you will end up with.

I sent a message to Iffy's store, lets see if they do anything.

Curse you Harmony Gold!!
they are REALLY holding onto that robotech/macross license. I would LOVE to get some macross titles here, but until Harmony Gold sucks it up and allows it to happen, it won't.

Love robotech as much as the next guy, but all the in house followups sucked. it's been over 20 years, time to let it go and allow it to get better....

Pieces literally fell out when I took it out of the package. This is why I hate buying LEs online. You never know what you will end up with.

I sent a message to Iffy's store, lets see if they do anything.
I'm sorry man, that really sucks. I got mine in today. The box is in perfect condition, but I haven't opened it yet. Kind of afraid to. I can admit I have had great success with buying LEs online.

Haha this is great. I actually wonder how many broken LE's exist in the world because people don't open them. Now I scared about opening mine 

Nisa CS finally got back to me and told me the email with the order number was legit, and I had a handful of other orders with the same issue.

I sent an email to Iffy's store support. Less than 5 minutes later a very nice young woman called me, apologized for the problem, and promptly sent me a brand new calendar. That is quality customer service.

I sent an email to Iffy's store support. Less than 5 minutes later a very nice young woman called me, apologized for the problem, and promptly sent me a brand new calendar. That is quality customer service.
Is it okay that I pretend she is a awkward, but adorable Japanese woman?

I picked up Deception IV at gamestop. The first gamestop I went to, the case looked like it fell off the shelf and was kicked around the store a few times it had so many scratches. I brought it up to the counter and asked if they had a sealed copy and if they didn't, I'll pass. The guy was like "Heh!", and said they didn't have any sealed. He checked all the gamestops in the area and said they all only had 1 copy left. I told him alright, and put it back. Went to another gamestop on the way home and picked up a gutted copy but at least the case was in better condition. It has some nasty sticker residue I'll have to clean off, but otherwise pretty good.

It was a tough choice between PS3 or Vita. I decided to go PS3 since it has a manual. And if we ever get "Another Princess", I'll pick that up on the cheap for vita so I don't feel too bad about double dipping.

Reply to an email with a phone call? Why? Did you ask them to call? I hate getting phone calls. I contact support through email because I prefer doing those things through email. You should complain.

Reply to an email with a phone call? Why? Did you ask them to call? I hate getting phone calls. I contact support through email because I prefer doing those things through email. You should complain.
How is that a problem? He got his issued solved asap with that phone call.

Yeah, I'm perplexed by that reply. When my stuff is broken, I'd be happy if they sent a singing telegram.
I guess i understand, some people don't like communicating or dealing with problem over the phone my girlfriend is like that and always make me do it for her because she has anxiety issue.

I guess i understand, some people don't like communicating or dealing with problem over the phone my girlfriend is like that and always make me do it for her because she has anxiety issue.
Good point. My sister in law is like that. She won't even order a pizza because she's scared to talk to someone, whereas my wife will talk to anyone. Polar opposite sisters.

Before it gets blown out of proportion, I was kidding about complaining.

I do find it odd though. Perhaps because IFI is still relatively new, they wanna make a good impression.

Before it gets blown out of proportion, I was kidding about complaining.

I do find it odd though. Perhaps because IFI is still relatively new, they wanna make a good impression.
I figured it was a sarcastic statement. We need to find a sarcasm font to use, lol. Maybe Comic Sans?

Like, "I think Square-Enix is much better than Squaresoft!"

I don't like talking on the phone. I walk to my coworkers' offices when I need to talk to them.

I also don't answer my personal phone unless I know the number.

I figured it was a sarcastic statement. We need to find a sarcasm font to use, lol. Maybe Comic Sans?

Please no.

February looks like an awesome month for PS+. I don't have any of the games, but I've been wanting to play them.

Also, I didn't plan on opening my Neptunia copy right away, but with the reports of the busted calendars I guess I'll have to do it ASAP.

dragon's dogma online trailer

aka Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQB0fccmycs

I think a guy that used that font in yellow got banned. Use with caution.

The reason she called is because I included my phone number. I didn't know how they wanted to deal, so i thought including it would take less time overall.

Incredibly satisfied with the response time. I will be buying the Noire LE, because I want it and because of how they treated me. I support companies like this.

Seems like only my calendar was ruined so far.

I think the FFXIV killer remark was a joke, folks--that sounds odd when said together. Realm Reborn is very well liked by the community at large, and I highly, highly doubt it will be fucking Capcom of all companies that come out with a better Japanese MMO. Speaking of Japanese MMOs, damn do I want Phantasy Star Online 2 and DQ X. 

BTW, Neptunia Rebirth 1 is 50% off right now on Steam. So $15 for the game, or $17.50 with all DLC. GET IT.
I would love to get on board with this series--as the premise is hilarious and awesome. But I just cannot stand a moe and ecchi fest like those games are. I liked that kind of thing when I was a teenager, but now it just feels shallow and ridiculous. Then again, I'm very much against the over-use of those elements in Japanese media as a whole, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I can't get into a series that is made up of 90% that.

Now I have to open my box :< lol
heh has me worried too. but i may keep it sealed anyway. My copy came in but i havent even opened the shipping package yet. I rarely open a LE, especially if i only got one copy like I did with this. The LE was underwhelming so im just playing a regular version, goingn to just keep this sealed i think

Tch. Damaged the Deception IV case while peeling off the price sticker. I hate you gamestop.
Deception IV for the vita is the main thing i wanted from this sale but couldn't find =( Not sealed anyway. I just flat out dont buy open games from GS unless its something i really need and i cant find anywhere else. I refuse to pay for a new game thats not new. Onlly got a couple on the list sealed unfortunatly. Tons around me but 99% of them are all guts. Really waned an extra copy of one piece for the vita too

I would love to get on board with this series--as the premise is hilarious and awesome. But I just cannot stand a moe and ecchi fest like those games are. I liked that kind of thing when I was a teenager, but now it just feels shallow and ridiculous. Then again, I'm very much against the over-use of those elements in Japanese media as a whole, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I can't get into a series that is made up of 90% that.
Considering how obnoxious the majority of the video game world is these days, I find these games, and most Japanese games really, a safe haven free of people taking themselves too seriously.

Played a little of Neptunia on Steam. It's an ok port. Unfortunately, no 1080p or above supported (max is 1600x900 I believe). So far it ran smooth and looks crisp.

Only played with an XB1 controller and all the bindings seem fine. I can't vouch for DInput controllers or the KB&M controls, but you can easily bind them to your liking. 

Only thing I found odd is that B is lited as Symbol Attack and A as Jump, but it's actually reverse. So I think it's just a typo.

Both English and Japanese VA is available. There's really nothing to complain about in regards to port quality.

edit: As for who this is geared for. It's basically a moe/cute/anime parody of video games in general. It makes a lot of references to other games. It's sorta like how Saints Row parodies games, but in this case it takes the form of a generic Compile Heart/IdeaFactory JRPG as opposed to open-world, sans vulgar humor replaced by kawaii desu.

Deception IV for the vita is the main thing i wanted from this sale but couldn't find =( Not sealed anyway. I just flat out dont buy open games from GS unless its something i really need and i cant find anywhere else. I refuse to pay for a new game thats not new. Onlly got a couple on the list sealed unfortunatly. Tons around me but 99% of them are all guts. Really waned an extra copy of one piece for the vita too
Yeah, I couldn't find a sealed vita copy but bought a sealed ps3 version. And if you're looking for DW8 Xtreme Legends vita to add to your collection, I got that on Best Buy instead for $16 after GCU (same $20 regular price).

Played a little of Neptunia on Steam. It's an ok port. Unfortunately, no 1080p or above supported (max is 1600x900 I believe). So far it ran smooth and looks crisp.
Don't have the game on PC personally, but from what I've seen is that it'll be the native resolution of your monitor if you play the game full-screen.

Doesn't look too bad though either way:

ibsQgFnzlH2x7z.png

SEzrpyN.jpg

Only played with an XB1 controller and all the bindings seem fine. I can't vouch for DInput controllers or the KB&M controls, but you can easily bind them to your liking.

Only thing I found odd is that B is lited as Symbol Attack and A as Jump, but it's actually reverse. So I think it's just a typo.

Both English and Japanese VA is available. There's really nothing to complain about in regards to port quality.

edit: As for who this is geared for. It's basically a moe/cute/anime parody of video games in general. It makes a lot of references to other games. It's sorta like how Saints Row parodies games, but in this case it takes the form of a generic Compile Heart/IdeaFactory JRPG as opposed to open-world, sans vulgar humor replaced by kawaii desu.
not like it doesn't have its own vulgar sex humor in it >.> Only thing I hate about the series. that and the very fanservice outfits :/ While semi on topic I am having a bit of trouble with neptunia 3 victory chapter 2 boss with the high hp regen rate. Any tips on what I'm supposed to do to kill that thing? Or am I just underleveled or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back