Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloyd, on 29 Jan 2015 - 7:00 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm perplexed by that reply. When my stuff is broken, I'd be happy if they sent a singing telegram.
Cloyd, on 29 Jan 2015 - 6:45 PM, said:

Is it okay that I pretend she is a awkward, but adorable Japanese woman
I'm sorry, but these posts need to be together.

I have to admit, seeing them together made me laugh more than it should have. I also notice how they don't help the conversations in any way, lol.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Puzzle and Dragons Z + Mario Edition

Are up on Best Buy. Remember Xenoblade requires "new" 3DS.

Are you picking up the 3DS one Xenoblade fans? I'm considering it, but decided to hold off on the new 3DS for now. Hopefully it won't shoot to crazy prices like the last game while I wait. :p
I'm getting a New 3DS mainly because of the Gamestop $100 trade in. Everywhere else you trade the old 3ds xl it's a kick in the nuts.

As long as the new Fire Emblem game is coming for the 3DS, I wont be getting a N3DS yet.
well depending on sales, they might try to put the format to n3ds only even though it doesnt need to be to force more people to buy and who are waiting for the regular model

Don't have the game on PC personally, but from what I've seen is that it'll be the native resolution of your monitor if you play the game full-screen.

Doesn't look too bad though either way:
No, max res is 1600x900. They even made a statement saying they made an error in saying the game would be 1080p.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282900/discussions/0/611696927915325336/#c611696927915745338

When it's fullscreen, it's just scaled. Hopefully someone will save us and add in a fix for 1080p.

edit: It seems things like GeDoSaTo works on Direct3d games, while Neptunia is an OpenGL game... the dream is DEAD.

Just $100 for a standard 3DS XL still feels like a kick in the nuts; $150 would have been better.
Honestly, I think the $100 is just right, perhaps pretty generous. The 3DS XL MSRP is like $200, and often goes to $180-ish. The trade in value at Target, Bestbuy, or Walmart is like $50 range. If $100 is a kick in the nuts, $50 must be like sticking your nuts in a blender.

Honestly, I think the $100 is just right, perhaps pretty generous. The 3DS XL MSRP is like $200, and often goes to $180-ish. The trade in value at Target, Bestbuy, or Walmart is like $50 range. If $100 is a kick in the nuts, $50 must be like sticking your nuts in a blender.
once the new 3ds xl finally release, you will be lucky to get $50

not like it doesn't have its own vulgar sex humor in it >.> Only thing I hate about the series. that and the very fanservice outfits :/ While semi on topic I am having a bit of trouble with neptunia 3 victory chapter 2 boss with the high hp regen rate. Any tips on what I'm supposed to do to kill that thing? Or am I just underleveled or something?
Yeah I haven't played Victory in a while but for all the Neptunia games, grinding and over leveling is a great help. Also use the battle arena if you unlocked it although i think that might come at chapter 3. Also make sure you buy the latest equipment, and once you get access to the CDs and Roms, equip those too. Using HDD alot and maximizing the combos system is also a great help. The Yellow Heart boss in chapter 5 is extremely difficult, and the best help I can give is to use HDD in the beginning, then use Stat boosts, and Plutia has the best Stat Boosts in the game, they are usually AP skills. Also conserve your combo meter to the end, and then unleash the finishers when boss has <25% health.

The screenshots of the PC version looks good though, the trees and leaves look better than any version of the game thus far.

Wow. The Re;Birth 1 English dub is absolutely terrible. So is the dialogue in the opening. Does it get better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqj2iQ5DA3c

Wow. The Re;Birth 1 English dub is absolutely terrible. So is the dialogue in the opening. Does it get better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqj2iQ5DA3c
That's the first time I heard the English VAs... I think they're pretty bad too. As for the dialogue, it doesn't really change from that.

yeah, i tend to default all my games to japanese is available..... already have re,birth1 on the vita, but someone sent me a code for the PC version as well, so, why not? i can play during lunch at work now :)

NISA's dubs are abysmal IMO. They're usually not even complete (except for Nippon Ichi's games, I think). Assuming you're okay with it, just switch over to the Japanese audio.

wouldn't say abysmal.... maybe Working Designs-ish?
That's a good comparison. I remember not being able to listen to Lunar Silver Star Story cause of the voice-overs. Especially the main character. Of course, I hated Grandia's as well. Whenever I play, I use subs anyways.

Look on the bright side, at least you won't be hearing it much. I reckon less than 30% of the game is dubbed. I would play it in english if they bothered to dub all the events.

Wait so what's the consensus here. Is the damaged calender issue a one off or is it going to be like the DR 2 coins?
I haven't seen any other complaints other than the one. I would say you shouldn't worry too much if you don't want to open your copy.

Yeah I haven't played Victory in a while but for all the Neptunia games, grinding and over leveling is a great help. Also use the battle arena if you unlocked it although i think that might come at chapter 3. Also make sure you buy the latest equipment, and once you get access to the CDs and Roms, equip those too. Using HDD alot and maximizing the combos system is also a great help. The Yellow Heart boss in chapter 5 is extremely difficult, and the best help I can give is to use HDD in the beginning, then use Stat boosts, and Plutia has the best Stat Boosts in the game, they are usually AP skills. Also conserve your combo meter to the end, and then unleash the finishers when boss has <25% health.

The screenshots of the PC version looks good though, the trees and leaves look better than any version of the game thus far.
I don't believe I can buy equipment yet or at the very least the shops don't sell it. Grinding wise I may as well drop it then as grinding is too slow in that game.

I don't believe I can buy equipment yet or at the very least the shops don't sell it. Grinding wise I may as well drop it then as grinding is too slow in that game.
Just find the stronger enemies to grind. There's at least one in each area I think.

If you just kill the weak enemies grinding will take forever. Just like with most RPG's.

The one thing I hate about the Nep games is how rare monster drops force you to grind. Quests/Plans force me to just sit in an area. Beat monster. Doesn't drop item I need. Fight monster again. Doesn't drop. Fight again! Finally drops 1. Need 2 more to complete Plan/quest. Repeat.

i heard criminal girl should ship today when i talk to rep on phone like two days ago.
U were able to get a hold of someone? I have been trying to get a hold of someone ever since they sent out that email about paypal not going through. I was never able to get anyone on the phone or get a response back from my email so i just wrnt ahead and did what the ransom email said to do and send money again. Hopefully i get criminal girls.

P.S. im just kidding about ransom email but when they dont respond back to any type of communication you just have to laugh about it and do what they ask for

U were able to get a hold of someone? I have been trying to get a hold of someone ever since they sent out that email about paypal not going through. I was never able to get anyone on the phone or get a response back from my email so i just wrnt ahead and did what the ransom email said to do and send money again. Hopefully i get criminal girls.

P.S. im just kidding about ransom email but when they dont respond back to any type of communication you just have to laugh about it and do what they ask for
Yeah after i heard someone got a hold of them, i called back and they picked up right away around 1pm est time for me.. They said my payments were recieved (i payed manually via paypal) and that everything is good to go even though they didn't send me a confirmation email about it or any proof that everything is good on my end.

Yeah, I recommend only fighting the big monsters, like the dragons, flying dolphins and tree-turtles at the end of the map, also try your best not to do the quests, quests are mostly useless in the game except the ones that are needed to advance the story. If you leave too many quests unfinished, you get a bad rating for the completion of a chapter. One thing that might help is, after you unlock pairing of characters, Plutia as a secondary partner has an EXP boost as an attribute, so that helps with grinding a lot. Don't be afraid to use healing items like the healing grass, and place your characters well, so a tank is near the opponent taking hits, and one is in the back healing.

I also thought that the Voice Actors for the Neptunia games are pretty well done, especially the Neptune and Noire ones, they really capture the tone and personality of the characters. Maybe they aren't amazing compared to the Japanese VAs, but they sound like they understand the character well imo.

Theyre voiced by pretty respectable voice actresses. Erin fitzgerald, melissa fahn, stephanie sheh, cristina vee, tara platt, etc. They might sound bad in the first games, but i feel like they got into the groove later on

Walmart price matched the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 LE for $25 fpr me. Now I just need to finish 1.5 first. Right after I finish Hyperdimension Neptunia and Deception 4.................

Who?

(Out of all those, I think I've heard of Christina Vee)
Off the top of my head;

Tara Platt: Mitsuru Kirijo, Elizabeth / Persona , Zero from Drakengard 3, Marida Cruz, Temari

Erin Fitzgerald: Chie Satonaka, Sorceress, Parasoul, Nazz, May Kanker, Junko Enoshima, Genocide Jill

Stephanie Sheh: Hinata Hyuga, Orihime Inoue, Eureka, Mikuru Asahina, and Sailor Moon (New Dub)

Melissa Fahn: Edward (Cowboy Bebop), Rika from Digimon Tamers, Gaz (Invader Zim)

Yeah after i heard someone got a hold of them, i called back and they picked up right away around 1pm est time for me.. They said my payments were recieved (i payed manually via paypal) and that everything is good to go even though they didn't send me a confirmation email about it or any proof that everything is good on my end.
just checked my email and got my shipment confirmation for criminal girls. Thank god :D/

Just find the stronger enemies to grind. There's at least one in each area I think.

If you just kill the weak enemies grinding will take forever. Just like with most RPG's.
I have been killing all the enemies in each new area I get to. Problem is exp rate is crap compared to how much it takes to level and I'm not seeing a noticeable difference. Plus it annoyingly requires transforming to kill the medium sized enemies in the area before the boss

Yeah, I recommend only fighting the big monsters, like the dragons, flying dolphins and tree-turtles at the end of the map, also try your best not to do the quests, quests are mostly useless in the game except the ones that are needed to advance the story. If you leave too many quests unfinished, you get a bad rating for the completion of a chapter. One thing that might help is, after you unlock pairing of characters, Plutia as a secondary partner has an EXP boost as an attribute, so that helps with grinding a lot. Don't be afraid to use healing items like the healing grass, and place your characters well, so a tank is near the opponent taking hits, and one is in the back healing.
Considering the warning for the giant enemies I'm more than likely no where near the level to fight one of those. Healing is also borderline useless since enemies can tend to out dps a heal it serves its purpose outside battle but during not so much. Maybe if noire was still in the party that way I could have 2 attacking units and one on healing. Plutias ability I think only activates when you become friends with her after so many battles which neptune doesn't seem to have a good rating for her yet. Plus even if I were to use said ability I'd lose a party member doing so.

Managed to kill the dragon but it took a long time.

sorry to ask this question here, but does any1  here shop from newegg. i have not purchased from newegg for over one year. i just bought a few items last week, and they arrived today. when i opened up the package, there was no invoice paper of my order, is that normal?

Got an email for my Criminal Girls LE as well. Hopefully it isn't held up too much by all this bad weather. My Rebirth 2 LE got delayed thanks to the storm, but I just check it and calendar is fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back