Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
got my Criminal Girls LE today, i would not call it an LE the So called keychain thing was just tossed in the box not even sealed with the rest of the stuff.

doubt i keep buying stuff from this company if this is the way they want to ship crap out
I'm confused. Are you saying there wasn't a collector's box contained the art book and soundtrack and game? You're just upset that the keychain was separate? Are you sure you didn't just order the regular edition and they threw in a free keychain?

I'm confused. Are you saying there wasn't a collector's box contained the art book and soundtrack and game? You're just upset that the keychain was separate? Are you sure you didn't just order the regular edition and they threw in a free keychain?
wonder if everyone isnt getting the keychain then cause it was loose floating around the box. looked chipped up and everything, it was the 51.99 LE sorry but i dont think the Book + soundtrack is worth 12 bucks. I was at least expecting the keychain to look New (maybe even put on a piece of cardboard but nope just flopping around loose in the box. Shipper went crazy with the bubble wrap though (amazon should learn something from them maybe amazon crap wouldnt get damage in mail) I was hoping to keep the item sealed as a pure collectors item but with the keychain loose i would not call it a Limited ed when something is not even in the box. Like the key chain was just a 2nd though like we got way too many of these things so lets just toss them in the boxes. With this and other Pre order problems just sorted pissed me off today LOL

You should call them, mine shipped on Friday. I paid through Paypal.

Edit: Now that I'm checking my PP history, they've cancelled every payment authorization since Firefly Diary all the way through my Operation Abyss on 1/20, so that whole, "orders after 1/6 are fine" line isn't necessarily true in my case.
I thought those were all Pay Pal orders that were messed up. I use a credit card with NIS America, unless those are messed up too. I just put a support ticket in with them. Hopefully they respond in a timely manor and if not I will give them a call after work today.

any of here want $100 wine voucher from nakedwines.com. i got it from from newegg, when i received my package today.

wonder if everyone isnt getting the keychain then cause it was loose floating around the box. looked chipped up and everything, it was the 51.99 LE sorry but i dont think the Book + soundtrack is worth 12 bucks. I was at least expecting the keychain to look New (maybe even put on a piece of cardboard but nope just flopping around loose in the box. Shipper went crazy with the bubble wrap though (amazon should learn something from them maybe amazon crap wouldnt get damage in mail) I was hoping to keep the item sealed as a pure collectors item but with the keychain loose i would not call it a Limited ed when something is not even in the box. Like the key chain was just a 2nd though like we got way too many of these things so lets just toss them in the boxes. With this and other Pre order problems just sorted pissed me off today LOL
I also agree that the NISA Vita LEs are kind of lacking. I like the bigger square box to hold everything but the contents are usually not worth it to me. I like the soundtracks mainly, but the artbooks are generally a bit lacking. I see at least the Operation Abyss LE seems to have a slightly thicker artbook so that's alright even though I believe it costs 16 more dollars as well over the regular edition. I'm not buying anymore of them myself unless I really want the soundtrack. Just my humble opinion on the LEs recently mainly for niche games. They're just not worth it sometimes, especially the Vita ones.

I have still not received anything about my Criminal Girls LE shipping. Order still states Pending Verification.
Yea give them a call. I had the same issue. For some reason, my card did not go through, and they never emailed me there was an issue. I had a similar issue before with an expired card, but in that case they gave me an email saying there was a problem and directions to sort it out. I hope they still plan on doing that because if it wasn't for you guys mentioning shipping emails I would not have known there was a problem. (Thanks btw! :razz: )

Personally, I like all of the LEs, but then again, my opinion varies dependent upon cash flow at the time.

The glut of the LEs is what differentiates these type of games from other genres, with a few exceptions (CoD, Ubi, other AAA).  The extras aren't meant to be a full poster, art book, etc...but sometimes you get a pretty good soundtrack.  In most cases, you can always get a better wall scroll, art book... or body pillow... direct from Japan.  These, however, can cost more than the game.

Granted, its nice getting exactly what you want, but we all prefer different things.  I think it is cool that we can get a small sampling for a reasonable price (

Personally, I like all of the LEs, but then again, my opinion varies dependent upon cash flow at the time.

The glut of the LEs is what differentiates these type of games from other genres, with a few exceptions (CoD, Ubi, other AAA).  The extras aren't meant to be a full poster, art book, etc...but sometimes you get a pretty good soundtrack.  In most cases, you can always get a better wall scroll, art book... or body pillow... direct from Japan.  These, however, can cost more than the game.

Granted, its nice getting exactly what you want, but we all prefer different things.  I think it is cool that we can get a small sampling for a reasonable price (

It's really nice when you get a substantial artbook or a full soundtrack (very rare on either end). I know recently I got a hardcopy of the EF a Tale of the Two and the artbook in that was just plain awesome. It was a 100+ page one though. Also the box was really good too. Just would like to see a bit more heart put into it. The glut of LEs has gotten me down for sure.

Yea give them a call. I had the same issue. For some reason, my card did not go through, and they never emailed me there was an issue. I had a similar issue before with an expired card, but in that case they gave me an email saying there was a problem and directions to sort it out. I hope they still plan on doing that because if it wasn't for you guys mentioning shipping emails I would not have known there was a problem. (Thanks btw! :razz: )
What is their number? I called 714-504-1185 but it just states leave your name phone number and email. Someone called me back but did not speak English and just hung up.

What is their number? I called 714-504-1185 but it just states leave your name phone number and email. Someone called me back but did not speak English and just hung up.
Yea that is the number. That message service just means they are closed I think. I've never actually gotten a call back heh. I used to always get the same girl on the phone. This is the first time I got a guy, but he spoke perfect english. I would just call back again. Maybe he was on lunch break. He did mention that there were a lot of orders in limbo still.

Yea that is the number. That message service just means they are closed I think. I've never actually gotten a call back heh. I used to always get the same girl on the phone. This is the first time I got a guy, but he spoke perfect english. I would just call back again. Maybe he was on lunch break. He did mention that there were a lot of orders in limbo still.
Just keep getting the same thing.

You should call them, mine shipped on Friday. I paid through Paypal.

Edit: Now that I'm checking my PP history, they've cancelled every payment authorization since Firefly Diary all the way through my Operation Abyss on 1/20, so that whole, "orders after 1/6 are fine" line isn't necessarily true in my case.
Wait I preordered the Firefly game late last month and I didn't get any of those emails about my order and PayPal being cancelled and whatnot. But when I checked my paypal account it said my payment authorization was cancelled. Did I get screwed over too?

I'm curious how high people's order numbers were for the Rebirth 2 and Noire Limited Editions? I would like to have a general idea of how many they sold. Also I feel like order numbers didn't start at 1.

For Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition

For Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Limited Edition

1-3000+ was probably system testing.  I don't think order #s can give you a good estimate of how many made since I don't think they will recycle cancelled order numbers and their Rebirth 2 LE is still available. 

My orders:

Rebirth 2 #4766

Noire #7001

For Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition

For Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Limited Edition
Interesting since I don't think I've seen an order number under 3500, as for Noire seems like it's selling well, your order number is about 600 more than mine. Then again I was more excited for this game than Rebirth 2, not sure if the masses share that mindset.

1-3000+ was probably system testing. I don't think order #s can give you a good estimate of how many made since I don't think they will recycle cancelled order numbers and their Rebirth 2 LE is still available.

My orders:

Rebirth 2 #4766

Noire #7001
That was my assumption, but it gives at least an idea of how many are selling.

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/bandai-namco-files-western-trademarks-lost-song-eyes-of-heaven-cinderella-girls

Biggest Question is. Where is Cyber Sleuth?

I wouldn't mind playing the Idolmaster Mobile Game; need something else to play with Love Live: School Idol Festival.

Bandai Namco has filed trademarks for “Lost Song” in the United States and Europe, as well as a trademarks for “Eyes of Heaven” and “Cinderella Girls” in Europe.

“Lost Song” is the subtitle to the company’s upcoming Sword Art Online: Lost Song for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, which is currently only confirmed for launch in Japan and Asia. The Asian release, which will be localized in English, had already signaled the game’s western release. But the trademark doesn’t hurt. (If you played Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, don’t worry. The producer has promised a better English localization.)

“Eyes of Heaven,” on the other hand, is the subtitle to the upcoming JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, which has yet to be confirmed for a western release.

“Cinderella Girls” is the subtitle to the smartphone social game The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls, as well as this season’s new Idolmaster anime.

Trademarks for “Lost Reavers” were also filed in the United States and Europe, but we’re not sure what it might be attached to.

For Rebirth 2 I received my confirmation email at 9:00 and was order# 3456

Noire, I received confirmation at 9:01 and was order# 6704

One thing worth mentioning from IFI's last email:

"Also, this week is your LAST CHANCE to get the Re;Birth2 Limited Edition at Iffy's Online Store! Get it now before it's gone (gone gone gone). That was an echo."

Sounds like they'll be removing the Re;Birth 2 LE if they don't sell out, so make sure you get one this week if you want one.

Criminal Girls LE arrived today along with some amiibo.

I also just placed an order for Noire and got #80XX.

#8011 for me.

I meant to post this earlier, but I have just about the biggest first world problem anyone could ever have. My re;birth2 came in and it's in perfect shape, but the box is bowed outward on the sides (I think everyone's is) so I can't stand it on my shelf and I have to lean it. Yeah, my life is worse than that kid who died right now.

I'll have to call NISA tomorrow if I don't hear something about my Criminal Girls order. I got the message thanking me for my purchase, but I never got an email like I normally do and it doesn't show up in my pre-orders on the site. I used my debit card, and of course they charged me already. My guess is that they waited until the weekend to start processing this crap...

#8011 for me.

I meant to post this earlier, but I have just about the biggest first world problem anyone could ever have. My re;birth2 came in and it's in perfect shape, but the box is bowed outward on the sides (I think everyone's is) so I can't stand it on my shelf and I have to lean it. Yeah, my life is worse than that kid who died right now.
Looking at mine and my brother's, mine does not have that problem but his does. He will probably open his though so no big deal.

My Criminal Girls LE arrived in the mail today. Packaged nicely like NISA always does. Now to decide if I wanna open it and play it or not.

Also, apparently some folks are already getting their copies of MH4U in the mail. I'm jealous. ;_;

I apparently accidentally ordered 3 copies total of Criminal Girls -- 2 LEs and 1 normal. The LEs came today. The keychains were in the box, in baggies. Don't know what slidecage was complaining about.

Might play it tomorrow when I get my regular copy, but I'll probably be playing Rogue Legacy....

I got order # 6992, but judging by the numbers, it doesn't seem like it sold as many copies as Rebirth;2 did in the first few hours.

I think this is a better game too, and also... Noire.

nintendo added crunchyroll to the wiiu in case anyone wanted to know. no idea if its free with ads like sony systems.
I wish the stuff I want to watch on that (Persona 4, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) was in English voice. I don't do subtitle only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back