Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be any worse than most RPGs. I'd imagine the 360 game didn't do so well. I saw a 3DS one recently and assume it will be passed over also.
Yeah I don't think Culdcept saga did too well on 360 unfortunately. I wouldn't discount the 3ds one though (haven't been keeping up with that series for awhile now though) but I'm hyped for Hatsune Miku coming to the 3ds!

Yes, yes it is. Although I'm terrible at it and suffer outrageous rage while playing I can agree with this.
Haha, I got pretty good back when I was actively playing. Was in a league on a Culdcept website where there were tournament ladders.

I'm still bummed Culdcept DS never came out in the States, and that we haven't had a proper update/addition to the series in many years. I'm guessing it would have been a bitch to translate?
I wanted that game very badly. There is an actual fan translation available that you can put on a card to play in your DS. I came close to doing it but never got around to it.

Yeah I don't think Culdcept saga did too well on 360 unfortunately. I wouldn't discount the 3ds one though (haven't been keeping up with that series for awhile now though) but I'm hyped for Hatsune Miku coming to the 3ds!
I'd be ecstatic if the 3DS iteration actually made it over here. Saga on 360 wasn't as good as the PS2 version but it was still a damn fine entry. That along with the original Mass Effect being an exclusive at the time were the two reasons I became a primarily 360 gamer last gen.

Pretty annoyed at myself for forgetting to put in a dollar.
I luckily did with a few hours left on the ticker thanks to one of the fine folks on this board. I'm not a huge visual novel guy, but I figured it would be a change of pace and could help bring over more VN's for the fans.

still sucks i missed the LE pre order. Think its still up on SE site but i wanted it through BBY or at least amazon. This is the game that came out on PSP in japan and was suposed to come out here but never did right? Why is it a ps4 game? Graphics look very doable on ps3
FYI they are down to last 5,000 copies for FF Type 0 LE

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/561293538999013377

Judging from the link , it seems like it is. I loved Persona Q, but for some reason the Chibi style in this game is irritating with their triangular bodies.
hah thats the video i saw i think. Yea looks ilke chibi version of the regular game but with touch controlls and it seems voice ones?

Gives them practice for the PS4 engine. Think of it like a precursor aid in helping them perfect current-gen titles like Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV. That's my only guess because if it was for money, they'd release it on the PS3/360 as well.
meh, maybe. Just seems odd to me. Nothing i've seen in the graphics looks like it couldn't have been done on the ps3. Im also more conservative on what ps4 games i buy since it seems you have to install every game to the HDD and 500 gb fills up fast. Just really wish they did it on the ps3

thats the card board game that was on the ps2 right? Is the 360 version any good? Maybe i should see if i can find a copy i enjoyed the ps2 game

hah thats the video i saw i think. Yea looks ilke chibi version of the regular game but with touch controlls and it seems voice ones?

meh, maybe. Just seems odd to me. Nothing i've seen in the graphics looks like it couldn't have been done on the ps3. Im also more conservative on what ps4 games i buy since it seems you have to install every game to the HDD and 500 gb fills up fast. Just really wish they did it on the ps3
Well, the higher power of current gen consoles often allow for things like farther drawing distance, better shadows, more items on screen, etc etc that might not really look better at first glance but in no way could be done on the last gen ones.

A good example of that happening LAST gen is Disgaea 3 -- yes the game does look almost like it could have been done on PS2, until you look at the HUGE size of the stages with tons of enemies. Disgaea 5 is apparently going to have a similar thing.

FYI they are down to last 5,000 copies for FF Type 0 LE

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/561293538999013377
Blah. I have been refreshing the best buy item page every day for weeks. Was it ever even available to purchase on their site? It had to have been very briefly for only a few hours if it did.

I think we discussed this once before and the general consensus was that no one here noticed it for sale at Best Buy.

Blah. I have been refreshing the best buy item page every day for weeks. Was it ever even available to purchase on their site? It had to have been very briefly for only a few hours if it did.

I think we discussed this once before and the general consensus was that no one here noticed it for sale at Best Buy.
It was available for a few hours though PS4 sold out relatively quickly. Xb1 lasted a day I think before it sold out.

Yup, it was only for a few hours. I missed by a few hours. If anything, I don't feel so bad about missing it since WonFes just showed a bunch of figures and nendos.

For those who collect nendo, GSC announced a Majora's Mask Link Nendo, as well as a Marth, Sheeda (FE), and Kirby nendo. Also, a scaled figure for Cordelia.

Yup, it was only for a few hours. I missed by a few hours. If anything, I don't feel so bad about missing it since WonFes just showed a bunch of figures and nendos.

For those who collect nendo, GSC announced a Majora's Mask Link Nendo, as well as a Marth, Sheeda (FE), and Kirby nendo. Also, a scaled figure for Cordelia.
Looks like my first start in nendo collecting because of this;).

Not much of a nendo collector... but I made the mistake of starting a scale figure collection a couple of years ago... All I have to say that Guts figure they just put up for preorder is pretty insane. 148,000 yen... just insane

Thanks for posting the Mirai DX song list link. I'm excited to see more than one or two OSTER Project songs. They've been some of my favorites on the Diva F games.

Has anyone played Criminal Girls yet? Wanted to get some opinions to see if it is something I should even by.
I have probably put 6 hours into it. I am liking it. Yes it is censored compared to the original but that does not really bother me. The content as is makes it like many other JRPGs. The battle system takes a lot of the thought out of the battles and for the most part the girls offer the right options of battle choices. The game does not seem that difficult yet but I could see how it could easily ramp up. Story is no the greatest so far. I have gotten six of the girls. My biggest complaint is that the battles could be faster. If you could speed up the information provided the battles could be done in more than half the time. Many times you are waiting for damage information for each girl to be displayed which wastes time.

I have a preorder at BB.com

so not only are you bragging that you have a preorder on BB, you are openly admitting that you knew it went live and didn't post in this thread to give us a chance (as no one posted about it :/).
you are a meanie face :(
I was actually trying to figure out how i knew it went live. Order was on 01/05. Im still looking for how i found out...

And I'm sorry...

Don't have a link but pretty sure when best buy got Type 0 CE in stock it was posted on CAG (maybe the collector's edition topic?)

It was indeed posted in the CE thread. I spent a day thinking about getting it, then I did. The X1 version that no one wanted ofc.

One of the rare times my waffling didn't end up in me missing a deal.

It was posted on CAG. I know I got an order in, and I don't really check anywhere else.

It was indeed posted in the CE thread. I spent a day thinking about getting it, then I did. The X1 version that no one wanted ofc.

One of the rare times my waffling didn't end up in me missing a deal.

Yup Found it on CAG of course. I checked my history for the order date and it was in the Collectors Edition Compilation thread via htz.

Here

I was actually trying to figure out how i knew it went live. Order was on 01/05. Im still looking for how i found out...

And I'm sorry...
for the record I wasn't being serious (I am hoping the meanie face thing gave it away :p), I was just teasing as I was sad that I never got a chance to preorder it since it wasn't posted in this thread. I guess I will have to add the collectors thread to my threads to follow now as well.. as no way in hell do I want to miss an eventual persona 5 limited edition.

I mean I got an order from amazon, and after they ship it poorly and crush my outer box and I complain about them destroying their product and they tell me they don't have any replacements there is a decent chance I will be able to get a partial refund down to the price I could have gotten it from best buy which has a much better chance of getting to people without damage :p.

Damn, I didn't even know BB had it. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, but would have loved to have gotten that GCU discount =/

Guess I better keep a closer eye on the CE thread as well.

Those New designs for HDV II are actually looking pretty sweet

Next Purple (Purple Heart / Neptune) and Next Black (Black Heart / Noire)

Next White (White Heart / Blanc) and Next Green (Green Heart / Vert)

You know, I never thought I would become a big fan of the Hyperdimension series, but I find myself getting excited for their releases. This looks pretty damn good.

One can only hope that they fix the repetitive textures between dungeons and monsters. Would rather have that than new CPU textures.

Not diggin' the big hands on black and white. Otherwise I like it.

I really like Vert's new design. Blanc and Nep look pretty awesome too. Noire went from really revealing to kind of tame, but it still looks alright.

Also having a less mundane quest system would also be great. Seriously this series could be so much more with a little more effect.
Yeah, I'd like it a little better if they would put more work in the designs. It does start getting tedious whenever you have to go back to different zones to do quests and its all the same 30 monsters with different colors and stats.

People always say they have to grind. I almost never do. There's only a handful of games where grinding is actually necessary. Off the top of my head, Terranigma comes to mind. There's a stupid mechanic where if you're not above a certain level, you do 1 dmg to the boss, instead of scaling like most games. That's just BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back